Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

1/3ctw vs 3/4ctw RB studs

caribbeanbridetobe

Shiny_Rock
Debating whether or not to purchase RB studs in 1/3ct or 3/4ct..these are my first studs so I'm not too sure about them aside the major price difference. I'm looking at Brilliance & Brian Gavin...

Does size matter for earrings or less is more? :love:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
For a single, standalone pair, the .75 TCW will have a lot more presence.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is there any way you can try on some different sizes to see how you like them? A lot depends on you - your features, your ears, and the look you're going for. And of course your budget, but I assume you've already got that part worked out.

I have 3 pairs of MRB studs, all set with PS-worthy well cut diamonds. Here's how I feel about each.

.25ctw, 8-prong martini setting. I originally bought these pre-loved, intending to give them to my teen-age niece. That was five years ago, she's now 20, and she still hasn't pierced her ears! :lol: Anyhow a few years ago I decided I might as well wear them. Although I love the earring style, I decided they looked too small on me. I'm not an overly large person but I do have large facial features and a somewhat large head (judging by hat size.) But they did inspire me to get...

.48 ctw, 8-prong martini setting. These are the earrings I grab for almost every day - understated bling. The 8-prong setting is very comfortable for me. They're centered nicely on my lobe, but they don't look lost on there.

.78 ctw, 3-prong martini setting. These are the earrings I'm likely to grab for when I'm wearing business/church type attire, which is not often now that I'm retired. I like the clean contemporary look of the 3-prong martini, but it's not as comfortable on me as the 8-prong setting. But I also think this is more diamond than I want for everyday wear, which is why I won't be moving these to an 8-prong setting anytime soon.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 2 pairs of studs, 0.33 and 1 ctw. I wear the small ones almost daily as I can't get away with anything bigger at work. The larger ones tend to be worn for more special occasions. I know some ladies on here wear much bigger studs all the time, I guess it just depends on your lifestyle. I should add that I have teeny earlobes and can't really go any larger!

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Elizabeth Taylor's Diamond Heart
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Tips for Black Friday Engagement Ring Shopping
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    Get The Look: The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.