shape
carat
color
clarity

1.16 AVC ring (K SI2) with traps

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
I'm so excited! I've been lurking on these boards for a long time (over, or close to, a year). I joined when BF and I seriously started looking at e-rings. I didn't think I would ever be able to post on this board because for a while I was considering a diamond alternative, like moissanite or amora gem. But, deep down I'm a diamond girl so I came back to the light pretty quickly :)
I fell in love with August vintage cushion cuts well over a year ago. My obsession with them is pretty unhealthy. I would put money on it that I've seen every picture, video, blog, post, anything with the AVC online at least five times. LOL I finally got to see one in real life when my boyfriend and I visited family in the New York area around Christmas time. We visited GOG and I was smitten. But, our budget isn't too big. I would love to rock a 3+ carat diamond someday, but I'm afraid with us being musicians that's just not in the cards. That's why I decided I might want to get an Amora gem because I know they are starting to cut those into the AVC shape. But, I knew I just wouldn't be as happy with a big fake rock than I would be with a smaller real diamond. Even if no one else knew, I would. Plus, I just like diamonds more. :dance:
Ok, I told you I was obsessed with AVCs. A while ago I found this ring for sale on JBG website.
I visited it pretty much every day if not more than once a day. I thought it was beautiful, but I didn't think it was my style. I had always lusted over dainty pave bands with huge solitaries, With or without halos - depending on if they were done right (e.g. Victor Canera). I tried on the GOG perfect halo with the August vintage cushion resting in it when I was in New York, and it just didn't do anything for me. Didn't look right on my hand and I felt that the halo took away from the beauty of the AVC. I also tried on a larger 3ct AVC on a thin pave band and I decided I like that look better. But, as they say, I have "champagne taste with a beer budget." After weeks of hemming and hawing about this JBG ring I decided to talk to my boyfriend about it. Like most guys, he is pretty indifferent with jewelry, so it was pretty much my decision. I decided to buy it, as we had a three day grace period to finalize the sale. When I got it my immediate reaction was that it was tiny (meaning the ring size itself not the diamond) but that it was extremely white! The videos and pictures JBG has on her website make the diamond look very yellow. It is not at all! I am pretty color sensitive so I was surprised that I didn't see tint to this in any lighting really. Anyway, it is off being sized now (it's a 4.5 and I'm a 7) but here are a few pictures of it on my pinky and halfway down my ring finger :) I don't get to wear it until my boyfriend officially proposes, which hopefully won't be too long because I'm dying here, lol :) by the way, it is a K SI2 1.16 ct (6.39x6.06) and the traps are .37ctw J SI1. It's in a David Klass setting. The inclusion is much more visible in photos than in real life. In real life I have to hold it pretty close to my eye and be purposely looking for it in order to spot it. Surprisingly, it really doesn't bother me. It's very very very tiny. I will definitely come back and post proper hand shots when it is finished being sized :)

_3336.jpeg

_3337.jpeg

_3338.jpeg

_3339.jpeg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is absolutely stunning! I am so in love! :love: :love:

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
Thank you-me too!!!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful :love:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Great choice! :appl: :love:

cheers--Sharon

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! With the traps & the setting, it really packs a punch! Looking forward to seeing more pictures when he has proposed :love:

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
Screw proposing-I'll take pics after I pick it up from being sized. Lol :lol:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is seriously gorgeous bling!!!! Enjoy!

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous 3 stone ring, AND with an AVC...what a bonus! Please post the 'after' pics too when you get it back from resizing. :appl:

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
I definitely will thank you!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! I am excited for you to be proposed to and wear that beauty! I went back and ogled that gorgeousness many times, it grabs your attention and doesn't let go. Congrats and enjoy!!

Q

Queenie60

Beautiful ring - love the setting. Congratulations.! :love:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh it's gorgeous!! Hope you get to wear it SOON!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this! Saw this in the Jewel Journal and knew it would go fast! Lucky girl! :appl:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!!! What a gorgeous ring! That profile melts me! Congrats!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning!! :love: :love: :love: Very elegant and it's going to look perfect on your hand!

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
Thank you everyone! I love the profile-one of my favorite parts of the ring! And I'm just dying to see it on the proper finger! Can't wait!

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely stunning!

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous! I can see why you fell in love with it. :love: :love: :love:
I can't wait to see more pics when it is resized!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! It is really beautiful...glad you stuck to your guns and got what you wanted!

For a 1ish+ carat stone it really has a lot of presence.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the combo of the AVC w/ the traps! Please come back w/ pics soon once your boyfriend officially proposes! :appl:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Perfect. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looks fabulous. Congratulations.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A beautiful choice! Congrats!

RetroTreeGal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wonderful story, and that really is a gorgeous ring! Wear it in good health (after he proposes)!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2ndchance|1461942514|4025099 said:

Haha I like the way you think! Congrats on a gorgeous ring! :love: :appl:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, I really like this ring!

Spin-Elle

Rough_Rock
I hope your boyfriend hurries up!!! I'd be dying too; that ring is way to beautiful to stay in a box.
Keep us updated on the proposal and please post more hand shots when the sizing is completed!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a gorgeous ring! I am so glad you were able to get your hearts desire. It looks like you found a winner. The stone is a wonderful size and the traps look great with it. I hope you enjoy it for many years to come and your SO proposes quickly and makes it really special for you! Congratulations!

2ndchance

Rough_Rock
missy|1462012673|4025452 said:
2ndchance|1461942514|4025099 said:

Haha I like the way you think! Congrats on a gorgeous ring! :love: :appl:
:lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results