shape
carat
color
clarity

1.06 ctw Custom DBTY by IDJ

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Last week I received a custom DBTY necklace from ID Jewelry. It's seven 15 point diamonds, F/G color, SI clarity, ideal cut set in handmade bezels in 18kt yellow gold. I love it!

I made several trips to Tiffany's to try on DBTYs when deciding on this necklace. I originally planned on platinum as all my other pieces are in platinum, but for some reason on my skin tone from a few feet away the platinum chain just looked like a wrinkle. And I really don't need any more wrinkles! But I loved the yellow gold and I'm so thrilled I went this route. The bezels are so delicate and the diamonds are awesomely sparkly and fiery (although I couldn't capture them in my quick photoshoot today, I can see arrows in each stone). The necklace exceeded my expectations. I imagine I'll be wearing this daily for many years to come!

For those who might be in the market for a DBTY, I will share that I received quotes from Brain Gavin and Whiteflash as well. I've worked with BGD in the past and ADORE them and I love the WF pieces I've seen on PS. But IDJ's quote was less than half the others! So I gave them a shot and I'm so glad I did. I will definitely work with them again.

On to the pics! First a few close ups:

rbdbty1.jpg

rbdbty2.jpg

rbdbty3.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Perspective shots:

I had a very hard time getting neckshots by myself but hopefully it'll still give you a sense of scale.

rbdbty4.jpg

rbdbty5.jpg

rbdbty6.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I like that!!! It looks perfect on you rose bloom! Nice length and the YG makes the diamonds really pop out. Awesome new necklace :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I think yg looks great with your coloring!!! :appl: I also really like the chain they used. It looks like a regular cable chain. What did you specify for the chain?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
I love it! Very pretty in YG. Hmmmm maybe that will be my next project :naughty:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Enerchi! Your beautiful pear SBTY inspired me!

DS, thank you! I requested a 1mm matte cable chain (I think I learned to ask for 1mm from one of your posts!). Luann from IDJ called me to let me know she recommended going with their standard DBTY chain and I'm glad I did. I had toyed with the idea of buying a 18 inch plain chain from Tiffany's - the same that they use for their DBTY - because I really like how it disappears on the skin. This one is more sparkly but very strong which allows me to wear it around the kids with no worries. I think it's still delicate enough for me though.

Woofmama, thank you! You should get one. :). They are surprisingly reasonable and look very refined on.

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
Very beautiful, Rosebloom! Congratulations to your wonderful new piece. :appl:

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that looks stunning!! I love how delicate the bezels are :appl: The size of the diamonds is perfect :love:

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Looks very pretty on you!

starshine

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1346813027|3262450 said:
Oh, I think yg looks great with your coloring!!! :appl: I also really like the chain they used. It looks like a regular cable chain. What did you specify for the chain?

I thought the same thing! Gorgeous! :appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, Efriede, June Rose, Lknvrb4 and Starshine!

I've always loved yellow gold but I'm enjoying this piece so much it has me thinking about switching everything over. Hmmm...

Also I reread what I wrote above and realized I didn't make any sense. I meant to say that I considered buying a plain Tiffany chain and having the DBTY made using it. But as I mentioned I like the look and feel of this one quiet a lot. Yay!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1346814291|3262460 said:
Thanks, Enerchi! Your beautiful pear SBTY inspired me!

DS, thank you! I requested a 1mm matte cable chain (I think I learned to ask for 1mm from one of your posts!). Luann from IDJ called me to let me know she recommended going with their standard DBTY chain and I'm glad I did. I had toyed with the idea of buying a 18 inch plain chain from Tiffany's - the same that they use for their DBTY - because I really like how it disappears on the skin. This one is more sparkly but very strong which allows me to wear it around the kids with no worries. I think it's still delicate enough for me though.

Woofmama, thank you! You should get one. :). They are surprisingly reasonable and look very refined on.

Ha! I honestly thought about buying a Tiffany chain and having bezels added, too, until I found a WF one on pre-loved! I like your chain very much! If it is more sturdy, that is even better! I thought their standard chain was more of a diamond cut link which I do not like as well as a plain cable. My sister had a 30 or 32" one made at IDJ in early June (yg chain with wg bezels) and I am thinking her chain is different. I need to look at it again the next time I am visiting. They do a great job on these for a reasonable price, that is for sure!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your DBTY Rosebloom- it's beautiful!!! :love: I especially love the 18K yellow gold against your skin tone and it really makes the diamonds pop!

I have been thinking of getting a DBTY and I was wondering how is the flipping issue?

Enjoy and wear in health and happiness!!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
DS - I forgot to add that I did specifically ask not to have the diamond cut chain. I love it sometimes but it wasn't what I had in mind for this one. I am considering adding four more stones to make it a "full eternity" and could conceivably change chains for the Tiffany one at that point (how funny that you had the same idea! Great minds!). I love the chain but if I do end up adding more stones, I may stop by Tiffany's to compare one more time...

Missy - love your ideas you posted in RT! Can't wait to see what you decide to do! Yes, they flip. Usually they right themselves but I'd guess that at any given time 1-2 of the 7 bezels are flipped. Also, the culets poke. It's not bad (and I plan to wear this piece basically every day!) but for a day or two it made my skin irritated. I have quite sensitive skin but I read on your thread that you do too which is why I mention it. Also since you're in the process of deciding, I really like that the loops coming off of the bezels on this necklace aren't the Tiffany style "Mickey Mouse ears" but are perpendicular to the bezel. It makes the bezels flow so nicely with the chain. Not sure if my description makes any sense!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1347159586|3264572 said:
DS - I forgot to add that I did specifically ask not to have the diamond cut chain. I love it sometimes but it wasn't what I had in mind for this one. I am considering adding four more stones to make it a "full eternity" and could conceivably change chains for the Tiffany one at that point (how funny that you had the same idea! Great minds!). I love the chain but if I do end up adding more stones, I may stop by Tiffany's to compare one more time...

Missy - love your ideas you posted in RT! Can't wait to see what you decide to do! Yes, they flip. Usually they right themselves but I'd guess that at any given time 1-2 of the 7 bezels are flipped. Also, the culets poke. It's not bad (and I plan to wear this piece basically every day!) but for a day or two it made my skin irritated. I have quite sensitive skin but I read on your thread that you do too which is why I mention it. Also since you're in the process of deciding, I really like that the loops coming off of the bezels on this necklace aren't the Tiffany style "Mickey Mouse ears" but are perpendicular to the bezel. It makes the bezels flow so nicely with the chain. Not sure if my description makes any sense!

Thank you for that helpful info Rosebloom! That is one of my concerns for sure- my skin is so darn sensitive and especially my neck. I am worried about the culets poking through as well as the doubling issue.Based on the helpful posts of everyone I now think that doubling up of the necklace probably won't work for me. :(( I just wonder about the culets now. Glad you are able to tolerate it without any issues after getting used to it! Really love your beautiful DBTY! The yellow gold is TDF on you and makes the diamonds really pop!

If you can (and no worries if you cannot)- would you be able to take a close up shot of the bezel for me? Thank you Rosebloom!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, they really did an amazing job on those bezels! They're so even and tiny. That's just art.

Hmmmm . . . now that I know IDJ can do bezels . . . :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results