shape
carat
color
clarity

1.01 carat, G-color, VS1, How to deal with insurance with cut?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jcarrey4

Rough_Rock
My princess cut diamond I will soon buy is priced much higher than others at these same stats due to the "ideal cut" I''d like to go with, with certain table and depth percentages and polish and symmetry...oh, and L/W ratio.

If this ring were to ever be lost, will the insurance company see all Princess cut, 1.01 carat, G color, VS1 stones the same, or will I get back a great stone, like the one that''s insured?

We''re talking a difference of 1500 bucks or so here

That being said, is that cut worth the money? opinions?

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

You can submit a copy of any certs and appraisals to your insurance company when you set up the rider or policy.

In my case I had ideal cut diamonds and a fine untreated sapphire in a custom setting. Thanks to AGS certs and a very detailed lab/appraisal - all the details were spelled out for replacement. I submitted the report, certs, and made them list on the insurance rider - "Sapphire/Diamond ring as described in SGL labs report XXX dated XXX". I want no arguments if we ever had to replace.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Consider the upshot of Garry''s post, and that getting an AGS0 will make it possible to bind diamond & ring together in advance of appraisal. But, if you feel the sentiment about numbers is wrong, and that you''ve got a bead on the right formula, just get an appraiser to document that for you, and build that rationale into their write up and valuation.

Better feel them out for agreeing with this before paying them a dime, though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results