Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3rd Diamond

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Kevin,

Just did another search of the JA inventory and you might be stretching it very thin if you want a decent 1ct G VS1/VS2 stone for USD$6k and under. Very few options come up when I run a search using similar parameters that salcas suggested. What is your max stretch budget in USD? I'm keeping in mind that you will be paying import fees and GST once the package lands here in Australia.

Otherwise, your original plan to get something around 0.9ct is looking like a better option in my books...

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade

Get the stone on JamesAllen. You'll receive the Pricescope discount (around 4%) plus another 1.5% if you do a wire transfer. For a round brilliant, apply the following filters:

Color: G
Clarity: VS2-VS1
Depth: 61-62.5
Table: 55-57
GIA Triple Ex (cut, polish & symmetry)
No fluorescence

Then from there, find a nice looking stone and then see what it scores on the HCA scale. If under 2, then ask JamesAllen for the idealscope image. If all looks good, I would consider buying that stone.

This is what I did and ended up finding something within my budget that I'm very happy with.

Kevin,

Just did another search of the JA inventory and you might be stretching it very thin if you want a decent 1ct G VS1/VS2 stone for USD$6k and under. Very few options come up when I run a search using similar parameters that salcas suggested. What is your max stretch budget in USD? I'm keeping in mind that you will be paying import fees and GST once the package lands here in Australia.

Otherwise, your original plan to get something around 0.9ct is looking like a better option in my books...

Hi Niel, thank you for the advice i have never tried that website, is it a good one? Thanks

Hi Salcas, thank you for the suggestion will try that. How fo i get the discount? Thanks

Hi Bmfang, i am now stretching it to $7k, i have got 3 diamond with James Alen to let me know on the idealscope. Thanks a lot for your constant help.

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
As another option, if you're open to pre-loved diamonds, you could always search DiamondBistro and LoupeTroop for a 0.90ct GIA XXX colorless diamond ...

Sometimes the pre-loved listings include a wealth of information similar to what you'd find on James Allen/Blue Nile, though in exchange for the reduced pricing of preloved listings you give up the return & upgrade policies offered by most reputable diamond vendors.

Hi marymm just realised that Nigel posted your diamond from loupetroop, is it still available? Cheers

salcas

Rough_Rock
Hi Niel, thank you for the advice i have never tried that website, is it a good one? Thanks

Hi Salcas, thank you for the suggestion will try that. How fo i get the discount? Thanks

Hi Bmfang, i am now stretching it to $7k, i have got 3 diamond with James Alen to let me know on the idealscope. Thanks a lot for your constant help.

All you need to say is that your a member of Pricescope; it's that simple! You can do this via email or phone call with them.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi marymm just realised that Nigel posted your diamond from loupetroop, is it still available? Cheers

hi Kevin, PriceScope forum rules prohibit PS members from posting about specific items they may be selling.

On a different note, I did reply to your email. :wavey:

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
hi Kevin, PriceScope forum rules prohibit PS members from posting about specific items they may be selling.

On a different note, I did reply to your email. :wavey:
Hi Marymm,

All good. I have replied to your email too now haha.
Also I hope you do not mind If I get some feedback from the kind people here :)

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 1.01 G VS2 is perfect :love:

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
The 1.01 G VS2 is perfect :love:
Hi ac117, yeah I feel the same way too. It is priced at $6,800, do you think this price is reasonable or should I be searching for more? Thanks

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Like ac117, I'm loving the 1.01 G VS2. :love:

Beautifully saturated IS image and it's got good optical symmetry.

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
Like ac117, I'm loving the 1.01 G VS2. :love:

Beautifully saturated IS image and it's got good optical symmetry.
Hi Bmfang, glad to hear that. Do you think this is sounds alrigh for $6,800? Also from your experienced, what are the extra costs to get them landed to AUS?

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Bmfang, glad to hear that. Do you think this is sounds alrigh for $6,800? Also from your experienced, what are the extra costs to get them landed to AUS?

Add 10% GST on the converted to AUD price and FedEx will also charge you an import charge on it as well. If you are purchasing a loose diamond, no import duties levied by Aussie government.

I forgot to confirm with you whether your intended budget was in AUD or USD. Because, you should allow about an extra 15% (conservatively) on top of your USD purchase price and factor in exchange rates as well. At current exchange rates USD6800 will be about AUD9000, so you should allow another AUD1500 to cover GST and other import charges levied by FedEx.

A 1ct GIA graded G VS2 here at a local retail jewellery store is likely to cost more than AUD10k. It will likely look worse than the one above (unless you visit say, Garry Holloway's store, Holloway Diamonds, where you will find much better quality stones light performance wise).

A few years back (2014), I enquired with a local independent jewellery store up here in Brisbane for a rough price on a 0.7-0.8ct H/I VS2/SI1 stone for an anniversary solitaire ring for my wife. They told me that they would expect to charge me AUD7500-8000 (incl. GST) for the stone itself. We ended up finding a decently cut GIA XXX G SI1 (if I knew about HCA then, I wouldn't have bought that one) the store had in another preset ring, got them to do a custom setting for my wife and knocked the price down to AUD7700. The recent Brian Gavin purchase I made cost less than that 2014 ring (even after import charges and GST) and the K coloured medium blue fluorescence stone looks far better than the G coloured one (it's 0.26ct larger too).

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi Guys,

First time posting and newbie searcher in finding the ultimate diamond for my one and only partner :)

I have been searching and 0.9 carat round brilliant sounds the perfect size for my wallet and her preference.

I have been offered 3 diamonds by 3 different vendors. At the moment, no idealscope image is available like what the rest are suggesting, but I hope I can get some feedback or recommendation on them. I have attached all 3 GIA report attached.

1st Diamond 0.9 F VVS2 - GIA: 624277628
Size 6.16 x 6.18 x 3.81mm
*Cheapest among the 3 but concern with the cloud characteristic

2nd Diamond 0.9 F VVS2 - GIA: 2183080334
Size 6.30 x 6.32 x 3.75mm
*5% more expensive than 1st diamond

3rd Diamond 0.91 F VVS2 - GIA: 7232851539
Size 6.25 x 6.27 x 3.81mm
*10% more expensive than 1st diamond

So what do you guys think? is the 2nd and 3rd diamond worth the premium? and what is the best diamond among 3?

Thank you

Best Wishes,
Kevin
Add 10% GST on the converted to AUD price and FedEx will also charge you an import charge on it as well. If you are purchasing a loose diamond, no import duties levied by Aussie government.

I forgot to confirm with you whether your intended budget was in AUD or USD. Because, you should allow about an extra 15% (conservatively) on top of your USD purchase price and factor in exchange rates as well. At current exchange rates USD6800 will be about AUD9000, so you should allow another AUD1500 to cover GST and other import charges levied by FedEx.

A 1ct GIA graded G VS2 here at a local retail jewellery store is likely to cost more than AUD10k. It will likely look worse than the one above (unless you visit say, Garry Holloway's store, Holloway Diamonds, where you will find much better quality stones light performance wise).

A few years back (2014), I enquired with a local independent jewellery store up here in Brisbane for a rough price on a 0.7-0.8ct H/I VS2/SI1 stone for an anniversary solitaire ring for my wife. They told me that they would expect to charge me AUD7500-8000 (incl. GST) for the stone itself. We ended up finding a decently cut GIA XXX G SI1 (if I knew about HCA then, I wouldn't have bought that one) the store had in another preset ring, got them to do a custom setting for my wife and knocked the price down to AUD7700. The recent Brian Gavin purchase I made cost less than that 2014 ring (even after import charges and GST) and the K coloured medium blue fluorescence stone looks far better than the G coloured one (it's 0.26ct larger too).
Hi bmfang, thanks for the input. $7kUSD is my stretched budget for the diamond itself so it is sort of okay i guess. I am planning to have it set in a ring too. Would then the import duty get levied and only GST to apply? CMIIW.
Also the third diamond which I was offerred from Indonesia is now discounted to $6kUSD.
Do you think the JamesAlen diamond is still worth the premium? $7,500 conservatively landed. The pro and cons is that Indonesia rarely has diamond lower than vvs2 with no ideascope or aset imagery.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To your question about Loupetroop; it's a classifieds site for diamonds. It's not inherently good or band. It's just whether or not you're comfortable with second hand. For myself , the seller is well known here and I'd be comfortable buying from her. Also, for the 7k you're willing to spend on that stone, you could get that stone and the custom made setting she had made for that stone (with two high color diamonds in it) for the same price. I'd consider that as a .2mm change in diameter is less noticeable than two large side stones.....If she would like that design.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Kevin, I'm just looking at my two import declarations from BGD.

For the ring and diamond, there was 10% GST charged on the price inclusive of cartage, insurance and freight (CIF). After that, customs duty, import declaration N10 Air Charge of AUD$50 for goods valued at under AUD$10k and an AQIS Entry Charge of AUD$33.

For stud earrings, interestingly, I paid customs duty (what appears to be 5% of the FOB price on the import declaration) on the whole package rather than line by line for each loose stone. The same import declaration air charge and AQIS Entry Charge apply as well.

As for your two choices, it really depends on how much you think your significant other would really appreciate having 1 carat or something slightly less. When I told my wife what the difference in price was between the 0.962ct vs something just over 1ct in the same colour and clarity and what the size differential was (around 0.1mm), she was fine with taking the stone that was just shy of 1ct and we put the "saving" towards the setting that she liked.

While I'd generally be happy with a VVS2 stone, I'm one who wants to see a plot diagram and an image (at the very least) of the stone. For me that's enough to rule the stone from Indonesia out unless they are willing to give you a "no questions asked" return policy. If Indonesia is anything like Malaysia, you'll have a hard time getting such a returns policy.

As a side note, the one thing that bugs me about most stones that are under 1ct sent to GIA by cutters/jewellers, is that they end up just getting the Diamond Dossier which tells me, the anally-retentive consumer who does my research, jack**** about where the inclusions are (unless I have a loupe handy when viewing a stone in person). Again, not too much to worry about with VVS2 clarity and above, but something to worry about at VS or lower clarities.

As you correctly ID'd at the beginning, you are paying a premium because a stone hits the magic 1ct marker (irrespective of whether it is cut for beauty or cut for weight retention). The 0.9ct F VVS2 after discount is priced at around USD$6600/ct. Before the discount, it is likely to have cost more per carat. 1ct F VVS2s I can currently find on James Allen range from USD$7400-$9650/ct. That's a massive premium for VVS2s at the 1ct marker. The 1.01 G VS2 is approx USD$6732/ct.

You'll get an extra 11 points with the G VS2 for something that will look as eye clean as the VVS2 (without the VVS2 premium) and your significant other will be able to have a 1ct stone (with a good upgrade policy if the two of you wish to upgrade the stone at a later time when you are able to afford it/want to). If budget is a consideration and you are open to fluorescent stones, then the two I found on Blue Nile will get you over the 1ct marker but be under USD$6k (from memory both were under $6k). If budget is your only consideration, I'd shop around for another ~0.9ct stone but maybe in the F/G VS1 range from a vendor who can provide you with imagery of the diamond (at the very least a photo of the actual diamond, better if they have video and reflector images).

Just my 2.2c (incl. GST) for your consideration.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The loupetroop listing is also very nice. If I had any spare cash atm (which is currently sucked up by new bub), that would be a stone I'd love to get for my wife.

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
To your question about Loupetroop; it's a classifieds site for diamonds. It's not inherently good or band. It's just whether or not you're comfortable with second hand. For myself , the seller is well known here and I'd be comfortable buying from her. Also, for the 7k you're willing to spend on that stone, you could get that stone and the custom made setting she had made for that stone (with two high color diamonds in it) for the same price. I'd consider that as a .2mm change in diameter is less noticeable than two large side stones.....If she would like that design.

For the ring and diamond, there was 10% GST charged on the price inclusive of cartage, insurance and freight (CIF). After that, customs duty, import declaration N10 Air Charge of AUD$50 for goods valued at under AUD$10k and an AQIS Entry Charge of AUD$33.

For stud earrings, interestingly, I paid customs duty (what appears to be 5% of the FOB price on the import declaration) on the whole package rather than line by line for each loose stone. The same import declaration air charge and AQIS Entry Charge apply as well.

As for your two choices, it really depends on how much you think your significant other would really appreciate having 1 carat or something slightly less. When I told my wife what the difference in price was between the 0.962ct vs something just over 1ct in the same colour and clarity and what the size differential was (around 0.1mm), she was fine with taking the stone that was just shy of 1ct and we put the "saving" towards the setting that she liked.

While I'd generally be happy with a VVS2 stone, I'm one who wants to see a plot diagram and an image (at the very least) of the stone. For me that's enough to rule the stone from Indonesia out unless they are willing to give you a "no questions asked" return policy. If Indonesia is anything like Malaysia, you'll have a hard time getting such a returns policy.

As a side note, the one thing that bugs me about most stones that are under 1ct sent to GIA by cutters/jewellers, is that they end up just getting the Diamond Dossier which tells me, the anally-retentive consumer who does my research, jack**** about where the inclusions are (unless I have a loupe handy when viewing a stone in person). Again, not too much to worry about with VVS2 clarity and above, but something to worry about at VS or lower clarities.

As you correctly ID'd at the beginning, you are paying a premium because a stone hits the magic 1ct marker (irrespective of whether it is cut for beauty or cut for weight retention). The 0.9ct F VVS2 after discount is priced at around USD$6600/ct. Before the discount, it is likely to have cost more per carat. 1ct F VVS2s I can currently find on James Allen range from USD$7400-$9650/ct. That's a massive premium for VVS2s at the 1ct marker. The 1.01 G VS2 is approx USD$6732/ct.

You'll get an extra 11 points with the G VS2 for something that will look as eye clean as the VVS2 (without the VVS2 premium) and your significant other will be able to have a 1ct stone (with a good upgrade policy if the two of you wish to upgrade the stone at a later time when you are able to afford it/want to). If budget is a consideration and you are open to fluorescent stones, then the two I found on Blue Nile will get you over the 1ct marker but be under USD$6k (from memory both were under $6k). If budget is your only consideration, I'd shop around for another ~0.9ct stone but maybe in the F/G VS1 range from a vendor who can provide you with imagery of the diamond (at the very least a photo of the actual diamond, better if they have video and reflector images).

The loupetroop listing is also very nice. If I had any spare cash atm (which is currently sucked up by new bub), that would be a stone I'd love to get for my wife.

Hi Niel and Bmfang, thank you so much for spending your valuable time assisting me in my journey to find the right diamond for my partner. I have been considering mrs-b diamond, but can I get a suggestion of how should I get it checked? I have emailed mrs-b and told her that I am happy to pay for the inspection fee. However, what kind of inspection should I get is still a question on its own :oops:.
Can I get a suggestion of how the inspection should be?

Also I have been chatting with James Allen customer service as well is that if the loose diamond was purchased from their website, I (or mrs-b) can send the stone to them for it to be put under a setting which then can be shipped to Australia insured. Do you think this is a good idea? Or should I arranged a shipment with just the loose diamond to Australia? For setting should i get an 18k white gold or platinum?

Thanks.

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade

Hi bmfang, thanks for the constructive response and advice. Yeah I might actually try to find something for 0.9 Carat, but that 1.01 carat hit is very tempting. In terms of the cost to get it landed it shouldnt be that bad then beside the GST. Thanks for looking at it for me. Please continue to give me advice on the loupetroop listing in terms what do you think is best for me to get it checked and shipped? Cheers

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
https://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/1-dot-02ctw-diamond-platinum-semi-mount-brilliantly-engaged

Above is the setting I was talking about. I don't know if this would be her style but being low key as you've described her a bezel three stone has a very relaxed everyday feel to it. Heck she might even consider a bit of a deal if you offer to buy them both...And it's in platinum (and together less expensive than that g)
I am not familiar with how it works exactly but I'll find a link that describes it, but you can have it sent to an appraiser who will verify everything then they work as an escrow who will then ship the ring to you. There's a very reputable one here who does this service.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't purchased anything via Loupetroupe (as yet). Others on PS who have will be able to assist you re: getting it checked by an appraiser before it getting shipped out to you. I have a feeling the appraiser that Niel is suggesting goes by the handle of "denverappraiser" here on PS.

Is your significant other open to a preloved purchase? Or does it have to be a new stone and new setting (being Chinese myself, there seems to be a distinct preference for new jewellery unless it happens to be a family heirloom passed down from generation to generation). Does she even need to know that it is a preloved stone and setting?

As for the LT listings for both the stone and setting, certainly will end up being less than your current purchase option for both stone and setting. Your significant other would probably love the fact that instead of getting something 1ct, she'd have close to 2cts in total weight on her finger (won't that be something that her friends might get jealous of!)

The diamond pair in the setting are two Blue Nile Signature Ideal cushion cuts, and they are right at the top end of BN Sig Ideals in cut quality (based on what I've seen trawling through the BN inventory list over the last year or so). The H&A patterning on these is very very good (approaching the cut quality of H&A cushions found at Brian Gavin Diamonds). For the price it is a steal. Combine that with the FIC 0.9ct D VVS2 that marymm is selling, it's a very nice (effectively) 1-2-1 ratio three-stone ring. The only thing you then need to worry about with that is setting the loose stone back into the setting and potentially getting it resized to fit your significant others finger (and that can be done locally in Melbourne for maybe AUD$150-200 or less).

As for setting, each has its benefits. I'm more partial to 18kt white gold rather than platinum (easier to resize and repair if there was a ever a problem), but I do have a couple of platinum rings of my own that I wear. Platinum is however more expensive than 18kt white gold, so again, if budget is a consideration, then that's the option. If your significant other has skin allergies, then it's a no brainer (in my eyes) that platinum is the better option.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the high color you're considering I wouldn't get white gold. Either you keep it rhodium plated, and continue to do that ever 6 months, or you leave it unplated and it looks an off white color. Platinum is less maintenance and whiter.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This one:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2654617

In my opinion, the stats on this stone are much better than on the 1.01. A 58% table? Too large and too flat. Ergo, not to my taste! And a 34.5 crown angle gives better light return than a 35% in my opinion. My suspicion is that the 35% crown angle + the 58% table was to keep the stone above 1ct. Drop the angle to 34.5, shorten the table to 56/57...and perhaps .999? In my opinion, the 1.02 G VS2 I linked to above is a better stone - and a smiiiidge larger - which is a mind thing, rather than an eye thing at those sizes - but even so.

I'm so glad you avoided the fluorescence! In white stones they can lead to a milkiness - and even in a warmer stone if you're unlucky. Sometimes you can only see it at certain angles, but milkiness in diamonds is far more common than acknowledged. There was a thread done by our diamond experts a short time ago which addressed an abbreviation used in the trade to cover the three things commonly looked for to avoid - one was milkiness. I, personally, think milkiness in diamonds is far more common than people identify. Either way - it's to be avoided, and the surest way to do that is to avoid fluorescence.

I do hope you go with the 1.02. The 1.03 was cut on the deeper side, which will cost you spread, and, as I said, I feel as tho the 1.01, while a nice stone, is slightly surpassed (only slightly - but you want the best, right?) by the 1.02: that 58% table would really bother me.

Good luck, Kevin - I hope you get a beauty!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kevin - you keep referring to mrs_b and some diamond you're interested in. That is NOT ME. I think you have the wrong name on this.

Also - while I agree that platinum is your best bet (it also has a nice heft to it), I think you'd be wise to stay away from the three stone linked to above; the side stones are cushions, NOT rounds, and that's a very specific look which your fiancee might not enjoy.

ETA There is no Pricescope discount on JA anymore, and hasn't been for a short while now. You can get a discount as a returning customer, but not as a PS member.

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
https://loupetroop.com/listings/settings/1-dot-02ctw-diamond-platinum-semi-mount-brilliantly-engaged

Above is the setting I was talking about. I don't know if this would be her style but being low key as you've described her a bezel three stone has a very relaxed everyday feel to it. Heck she might even consider a bit of a deal if you offer to buy them both...And it's in platinum (and together less expensive than that g)
I am not familiar with how it works exactly but I'll find a link that describes it, but you can have it sent to an appraiser who will verify everything then they work as an escrow who will then ship the ring to you. There's a very reputable one here who does this service.

I haven't purchased anything via Loupetroupe (as yet). Others on PS who have will be able to assist you re: getting it checked by an appraiser before it getting shipped out to you. I have a feeling the appraiser that Niel is suggesting goes by the handle of "denverappraiser" here on PS.

Is your significant other open to a preloved purchase? Or does it have to be a new stone and new setting (being Chinese myself, there seems to be a distinct preference for new jewellery unless it happens to be a family heirloom passed down from generation to generation). Does she even need to know that it is a preloved stone and setting?

As for the LT listings for both the stone and setting, certainly will end up being less than your current purchase option for both stone and setting. Your significant other would probably love the fact that instead of getting something 1ct, she'd have close to 2cts in total weight on her finger (won't that be something that her friends might get jealous of!)

The diamond pair in the setting are two Blue Nile Signature Ideal cushion cuts, and they are right at the top end of BN Sig Ideals in cut quality (based on what I've seen trawling through the BN inventory list over the last year or so). The H&A patterning on these is very very good (approaching the cut quality of H&A cushions found at Brian Gavin Diamonds). For the price it is a steal. Combine that with the FIC 0.9ct D VVS2 that marymm is selling, it's a very nice (effectively) 1-2-1 ratio three-stone ring. The only thing you then need to worry about with that is setting the loose stone back into the setting and potentially getting it resized to fit your significant others finger (and that can be done locally in Melbourne for maybe AUD$150-200 or less).

As for setting, each has its benefits. I'm more partial to 18kt white gold rather than platinum (easier to resize and repair if there was a ever a problem), but I do have a couple of platinum rings of my own that I wear. Platinum is however more expensive than 18kt white gold, so again, if budget is a consideration, then that's the option. If your significant other has skin allergies, then it's a no brainer (in my eyes) that platinum is the better option.

This one:

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...g-color-vs2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-2654617

In my opinion, the stats on this stone are much better than on the 1.01. A 58% table? Too large and too flat. Ergo, not to my taste! And a 34.5 crown angle gives better light return than a 35% in my opinion. My suspicion is that the 35% crown angle + the 58% table was to keep the stone above 1ct. Drop the angle to 34.5, shorten the table to 56/57...and perhaps .999? In my opinion, the 1.02 G VS2 I linked to above is a better stone - and a smiiiidge larger - which is a mind thing, rather than an eye thing at those sizes - but even so.

I'm so glad you avoided the fluorescence! In white stones they can lead to a milkiness - and even in a warmer stone if you're unlucky. Sometimes you can only see it at certain angles, but milkiness in diamonds is far more common than acknowledged. There was a thread done by our diamond experts a short time ago which addressed an abbreviation used in the trade to cover the three things commonly looked for to avoid - one was milkiness. I, personally, think milkiness in diamonds is far more common than people identify. Either way - it's to be avoided, and the surest way to do that is to avoid fluorescence.

I do hope you go with the 1.02. The 1.03 was cut on the deeper side, which will cost you spread, and, as I said, I feel as tho the 1.01, while a nice stone, is slightly surpassed (only slightly - but you want the best, right?) by the 1.02: that 58% table would really bother me.

Good luck, Kevin - I hope you get a beauty!

Hi Nigel and Bmfang, thanks for the advice but yeah I think I would save the hussle and will get the 1 carat G diamond instead

Hi Mrs-b, sorry about that I was referring to marymm. I might actually still get the 1.01 carat, but certainly will consider it. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless there's a price diff, you'd be better to go with the 1.02ct. It's a better cut stone - to say nothing of being ever so slightly larger. However, if there's a substantial price diff, then that's a different story.

ETA By the way - 'Nigel' is actually Niel. And a woman. :)

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi mrs
Unless there's a price diff, you'd be better to go with the 1.02ct. It's a better cut stone - to say nothing of being ever so slightly larger. However, if there's a substantial price diff, then that's a different story.

ETA By the way - 'Nigel' is actually Niel. And a woman. :)
-b thank you for the kind responses :)

KevinNanda

Rough_Rock
Trade
IMG_2949.JPG Hi guys,

I have now got an update from a vendor in my country on a 1.06 carat G vs1 Triple excellent. Can you guys give me a thought on this? It is priced at $7k. I have attached the photo but he does not have idealscope image. Should I risk it? https://www.gia.edu/report-check?reportno=2237957624

The only consideration is that if I buy from US, I need to bear the tax getting it landed which makes this diamond comparably cheaper.
Thanks guys and gals

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results