shape
carat
color
clarity

0.4ct solitaire pendant by ADN

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
Hi PSers!

I'm very pleased to be making my first post in the SMTB forum.. I'll admit, it's very belated - I received my pendant Feb 12th - but better late than never, right?

I came across the Australian Diamond Network here on PS (the owner, Wade, posts on behalf of ADN on the forums). He was a dream to work with - we started with a budget and a picture of a pendant that I liked (I was after something inspired by the Barbara pendant from BGD, but couldn't justify getting something from them with the woeful AUD!), and went from there. Within a day or two, I was presented with a number of options to suit my needs (mainly for the stone, a combination of colour / clarity / carat combinations within my budget). Wade was incredibly patient, answering lots of repetitive questions and allowing me to change my mind multiple times before settling on something I was comfortable with - and the result is stunning. He went above and beyond to ensure I knew exactly what I was getting (photos and certs for a variety of stones, H&A shots for a variety of stones, and access to a digital SARIN report for my top pick), and he and his team kept me well informed during the manufacturing process.Turn around time was roughly 3 weeks, from when I gave the OK to proceed, to when I had it on my doorstep. He also included an independent valuation with the pendant at no cost to me, along with the GIA cert, and a copy of the sarin report (for a purchase of my size I don't believe this is standard, I believe it may have been processed by accident and then forwarded onto me as an extra surprise - lovely thought!).

Onto the exciting part - specs and pics! Please excuse my average photography skills.. I'm still learning! The stone is a 0.4 carat, GIA triple ex (also fulfilling AGS ideal criteria) F VS2. It achieved an 'ultimate' 3 star rating with regards to it's light performance according to it's Sarin profile. In person, it's a knockout. I love looking in the mirror each morning and seeing something special and beautiful that I bought for myself, just because I could. The setting is an 18ct white gold bezel, thin enough not to overwhelm the stone, but sturdy enough to feel secure.

First, a close up.. Which then got more zoomed in when I cropped, so sorry about the grainy quality!
thumb_img_5286_1024_0.jpg

A couple of fire shots.. the blue is a reflection from the blanket I was sitting on :)
thumb_img_5302_1024.jpg

thumb_img_5304_1024.jpg

A look at the reverse side of the setting
thumb_img_5311_1024.jpg

And lastly, a perspective shot.
thumb_img_5315_1024.jpg

I hope this post is helpful!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous pendant loving the triangle bale it looks amazing on you :love: :appl: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant. :eh: :love:
Thank you for sharing. :appl:

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! :love:

Q

Queenie60

Your pendant is beautiful! Thank you for sharing. :love: :wavey:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pendant is lovely, and a very nice size!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely lovely! And I have never seen a triangular bale - it's fabulous!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you!!!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing pendant and you are a very beautiful lady! It looks gorgeous on you! Wear it in good health :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IT! what shining ball of light! :love: :love:

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! It looks so perfect on you!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic! I love the triangle bail.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful! :love: And how nice to find a jeweler in your country who understands cut quality!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks just lovely on you. Congratulations!!

adele_h

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1461470985|4022979 said:
That is beautiful! :love: And how nice to find a jeweler in your country who understands cut quality!

Oh goodness, it really can be a challenge.. You either have higher end stores that charge an absolute fortune for nice stones, or 'maul' stores that carry pretty poor quality.. It was nice, when I went into a few stores at our local westfield, every sales person commented on the quality of the stone.. I had a more in-depth chat with the owner of the store that sold me the chain I popped it on, and he was very open in saying he simply wouldn't have had the ability to create something of the quality I was after, for the price I paid with ADN. I'm just thrilled to have found someone so easy to chat to, reliable and knowledgable - I'm yet to be engaged (my poor boyfriend told me to think about what I might like some day for a ring.. that was 2.5 years ago, I don't think he expected me to find PS and learn quite as much as I have!), so it's nice to know that when the time comes, I've got someone somewhat local to go through :dance:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty! It looks great on you!

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty pendant! :appl: It looks so lovely on you! Congrats! :clap:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results