shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

Sharon, your ride sounds fun and lovely. I hope you aren’t too sore today. Sorry you had some tough days at work; hopefully you can relax today.

AV, we have rattlers near here but not in town. Stupid snakes. Stay safe.

Missy, I am with you on people not respecting your time. I used to meet a friend for lunch who would forget we had plans; i totally quit agreeing to meet me. That is also why my favorite cleaning lady no longer cleans for us. You totally deserve ice cream this summer; good luck with your numbers - remember doctor’s “practice” medicine; they aren’t always right. From the videos I watched the cameras are easy to use; you just slide a bar at the bottom and the night mode is automatic. The 6s was my favorite phone. Tell Greg I totally chuckled at his comment we lead interesting lives. We certainly do. My finger wasn’t bleeding this morning when I changed the bandage. I’ll post a picture below; it’s definitely a nick out of my finger. It will be sore while it is feeling that spot in. I tried to kill myself this morning by snorting orange juice. I had just taken a swollen and Marty was messing with one of my teddy bears and said something funny and I started laughing with OJ in my mouth. That burned going down the wrong way and then I was wheezing and coughing. I was going to run to Kohl’s and return my sleazy top and Marty wanted to know if I should wear a helmet based on my luck so far this weekend. Gorgeous beach photos and WOO HOO to getting over 6K this summer. That is awesome. Your celebratory ice cream looks fabulous and how cool you get special pricing at Dave’s Ice Cream. If I ever go there I’ll mention my dear friend Missy and Greg come here.

Austina, how is Shirley doing? My finger wasn’t bleeding this morning but based on the bandage when I woke up this morning it did bleed some more overnight. I take aspirin for my arthritis so I know I have trouble with that. It is getting sore now. You only realize how much you use something until it hurts.

Mamabean, love your bands and think the pink one looks fabulous with your ring. Sweet.

Marty was up late marathon watching some series on Prime. I woke up quite a bit but did sleep okay. We had a late breakfast and I ran to Kohl’s after they open to return some things. Now we are watching NFL RedZone and hoping our Fantasy Football teams do well.

I am still leaning towards getting the new phone. I could get my tanzanite band for about the same price though. I’d get more use out of my phone though.

Take care.
Marcy

My boo-boo - I don't think they could have put a stitch in it if I'd gone in to the doctor anyway.
IMG_0746.JPG
Oh Marcy! I yelled “oooh!” out loud when I saw your poor finger! Bailey ran to me to see if I was okay! That looks so painful! I know you said it didn’t hurt..but that looks horrible! I would let it dry out a little before putting on an antibiotic and bandaid...Sorry...being a mamabean...:lol:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joanne, I am glad Bailey ran to see if you were okay. It is starting to hurt. Marty suggested the same thing; I am kind of worried about leaving it uncovered because I don't want to hit it or start it bleeding again. I might uncover it some today.

Reactions: AV_

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
1AAD8148-8DF5-4D9A-A914-7527CA52466F.jpeg 9CBC894D-5895-4119-BD5C-53594AA349EE.jpeg
@bling_dream19 I’m sorry I didn’t take a pic of the pink sapphire band yesterday. We were out all day with my son and family. For reference...the diamond band is the Tazza band from Blue Nile..which is 1.65mm. I put it next to the pink sapphire from Sarriel which is 2.3mm...You can get a good idea of the size difference from the 1.8mm you ordered. Yours will be a little bigger than the 1.65mm..I think it will look so pretty with your ring.
Please excuse my saggy old hands..:(2

Me LOVE it @Mamabean!!! It looks beautiful on you! The color of the pink is really pretty and it also looks smashing with your diamond BN band. And with your ering...thud! Wish I could do one of @missy famous memes! Hope you had a great day with your family yesterday. And thank you for taking the time to take a pic of your gorgeous pink eternity band! :kiss2:I cant wait til mine gets here!!! ETA late Sept early oct.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Me LOVE it @Mamabean!!! It looks beautiful on you! The color of the pink is really pretty and it also looks smashing with your diamond BN band. And with your ering...thud! Wish I could do one of @missy famous memes! Hope you had a great day with your family yesterday. And thank you for taking the time to take a pic of your gorgeous pink eternity band! :kiss2:I cant wait til mine gets here!!! ETA late Sept early oct.

Here you go @bling_dream19 I think you meant gif? If not let me know and I will redo for you.

loveit.gif

@Mamabean I really do love it.:love:

@marcy ouch! Hope it is feeling much better and that it heals fast. We lead interesting lives. Truth.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I have been told I scan spin a good story. The time I found a garden snake in our living room had everyone going about how I passed may annual heart stress test. Some didn’t even find it funny they were so worried. Fog can be very cool; especially watching it come in. Very cool cut on those gemstones.

Austina, I don’t know many people that have implants but more than not (including here on PS) they’ve had problems. Sending mega dust for Dottie’s vet visit. You have been busy with painting and taking walks. Are you doing all the house updates for eventually putting it on the market or just because you feel like it.

Missy, nice you got your laptop back already. I have a work laptop I could dig out if necessary but it’s Windows and not a very nice laptop. I have not convinced myself yet that I don’t want the new iPhone. Your ice cream looks very tasty and gorgeous pictures. I was kind of annoyed at my friend not showing up and failing to notify me. If I sent someone a text for something important like that and they didn’t answer me I would call them. Oh well. Yes, we did have our astronomy meeting last night. It was fun then we went out with a few of them for pie and coffee. Our topic was Magnatars. I didn’t have to do the program either so that was nice. Love your harvest moon shot.

Kate, I hope you are feeling better today. I did notice a muscle in my upper arm the other day but I have way more blubber than an occasional muscle. I am working on it. Marty and I are easily amused and don’t take things too seriously. Nice that you SIL is handling everything for the wedding and birthday parties. It’s hard not to be be a helicopter mom (says the lady who has no kids) but you care about your children and want the best for them. I get it.

Bling Dream, it sounds like you have your wedding plans pretty well done. They sound great. We had a small wedding in a gazebo in the park on Saturday morning then had a reception for all guests on Saturday afternoon. The area in the park was small so we only invited family and very close friends to that. Great mermaid. Love your band with your ering and those are great scarfs. I learned some cleaning tricks from the girl that used to clean for me. She did an awesome job but we let her go because she was always late or didn’t show at all. Saturday morning was not the day to do that. Spinel will look great in rose gold.

Sharon, great pumpkin earrings.

Junebug, I know seeing Missy’s ice cream makes me want ice cream all the time. I hope you are having a nice time in SC.

Luvallgems, you certainly have a lot to deal with. As for dealing with your mom you are doing the best you can for her but it’s important to do what is best for you too. It sounds like no matter what her living conditions or situation are; she will be unhappy and be quite vocal about it. It’s a very tough situation for sure. I hope the merger with your husband’s company goes well. Those can be full of uncertainty and unwelcome change. Sending mega dust it is for the best. As I mentioned to Kate above, it’s difficult not to worry about and want to help your children. I hope things work out for your daughter but if she reaches a point when she needs you I know you will be there for her. Life can be difficult at times. In addition to what Mamabean replied I remember a discussion my dad’s doctor had with my dad about him taking cafe of my mom - basically it boiled down to you have to do what is best for you no matter what. My mom totally guilted him in to promising not to put her in a nursing home, you can’f blame them for resisting it. If’s all heartbreaking no matter what you do.

Mamabean, I hope you had a great time at the fair with your son and DIL. I am sorry it hasn’t worked out having your mom live with you. I remember my grandmother moving in with us for about 3 months when I was in high school. She was rather pleasant to be around but it certainly disrupted all of our lives and it tore my mom up telling her she was going to have to move in to a nursing home. It’s totally a no win situation.

My finger is still bleeding pretty bad. I changed the bandage a while ago and saw it a bit better, looks like I just snipped off the top layers of skin. I have a waterproof bandage on it and snuggly wrapped some self stick tape over to top of it. Ironically Marty has on the t-shirt from my scary dream. I told him the dream was a premonition something was going to happen so now I am blaming him. Ha! I think a new iPhone would really help.

We went out for lunch and then stopped at the grocery store. I am doing laundry and changed our sheets. I am keeping my finger in the air and trying not to use it. I even lifted.

Take care.
Marcy the Klutz

@marcy oh your wedding sounds perfect! I've thought about a morning wedding and it sounds romantic and fresh to get married in the morning. Thanks for sharing Marcy. Your wedding sounds very special. I hope you're feeling better. And @Luvallgems you're getting great advice from wise ones here. Hope you're hanging in there.
Sending love and hugs to all.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Haha well then I will say it. Good morning lovely ladies. Hope everyone is enjoying a peaceful and sweet weekend.

@AV_ time marches on no matter what is happening so I embrace each minute I am awake even if it is an unheard hour to be awake.

Yay for lovely weather and for exercising outdoors. Nothing (IMO) beats cycling for fresh air, exercise for the body and mind. It is so sweet. Hope work calms down for you next week dear Sharon and that you continue to enjoy a fun weekend.

Yes I was surprised it was fixed so quickly and I am impressed. Let's hope it continues to work because yesterday the screen was black when I opened the computer but I reset and so far so good. But I had an uh oh moment. Glad the astronomy meeting went well. Magnatars. Fascinating but I know little to nothing about that. Sweet you didn't have to run that topic. Thanks for enjoying my harvest moon pic. I took it from our stairwell. I would be annoyed at your friend as well. Inconsiderate IMO and I have little patience for people who don't respect our time. I respect yours so please respect mine if you kwim. The ice cream this summer has been amazing and unreal truly. I don't want to know what my health numbers are but will find out next week since I am seeing the endocrinologist. I have been eating too much ice cream and there is stuff in it I should not be eating but it's been a tough summer so my resolve to eat very healthfully has been weakened. Costco now has the new iPhones and I am intrigued. Though the camera lenses look complicated. As long as my iPhone works I am keeping it and hope it continues to work well. It's a 6S Plus. It's old but I know how to use it and I enjoy it and enjoy taking photos with it. I never chat on it. I use it like a camera and a small computer.

Ugh I am sorry your finger was still bleeding and hope it is not bleeding today and that you are healing. We are 2 big klutzes no doubt about it but at least we have the scars to prove it hahaha. And Greg says it shows we lead interesting lives. :lol: I wish our lives were less interesting. Glad you got to lift and take care of that finger.

@bling_dream19 I love all your gorgeous photos and thank you for sharing with us. I want to share with you some beach photos. Hope you are having a great weekend and that your wedding plans materialize soon and I am very excited for you.

I am sure you will recognize this scenery...

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.23.01 AM.png

I love OG. It's gorgeous in every way. The beach, the historic homes, the Church, the people. Everything. And of course Days.:cool2:

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.22.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.22.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.22.16 AM.png

It's been a breathtaking September so far. Sad it's the last weekend of summer though. It went so fast. ::)
One last beach photo for you @bling_dream19

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.25.38 AM.png

Hello @Mamabean how is everyone doing by you? Thinking of your family and hoping things are going as smoothly as possible.

@Slick1 I saw you are selling your gorgeous target ring but I hear you. If you aren't going to enjoy wearing it better to sell it and you have such gorgeous bling as it is. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend sweet Slick.

@Scandinavian sending you hugs and continued healing vibes. Thinking of you and your mom.

We hit the 6K mark cycling yesterday woohoo. Definite record breaking for us.

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.28.34 AM.png

6,049 miles so far. Not bad.:P2

And of course we enjoyed ice cream to celebrate.:lol:
Greg got a large or shall I say HUGE. OMG. That is a lot of ice cream and the first time he had more than me. Oh @yssie Greg outdid me yesterday in the ice cream department by a lot. And I wasn't too shoddy either as my medium was pretty big. Dave (and his employee) is a generous scooper and I also found out that Dave and Tom told their employees not to charge us the full amount and to always round it down to the lowest dollar amount no change. So that is pretty sweet too. I guess we are his best customers. Or at least his most persistent. :lol-2:

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.29.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.33.59 AM.png

Greg had cherry vanilla and vanilla and I had coconut milk caramel swirl and almond milk vanilla. It was very very yummy. Very.

Enjoy a wonderful big dog Sunday lovely girls and sending each and everyone of you big hugs.

Oh @missy BIG hug to you:kiss2::D you've made my heart sing all day with those OG photos! There is just something magical about that place. And you captured the beauty...the people, the church, the sun, the beautiful beach it really is Gods square mile. And that's another decision DF are having to make is where to live as we currently live in 2 different states. We talked a lot this morning so that is good. He always says how relaxed I am there. And I'm in my natural habitat because I'm a mermaid lol. I'm also not working 50 hours a week, commuting and taking care of a house when I'm there. I'm just relaxing in beautiful surroundings, certainly small though. Lots to figure out but thankfully we have options.
Soo happy for you Missy enjoying this gorgeous weather and feeling joy. Always thinking about you and your fur babies. Thanks for thinking of me and making me smile! Today we walked in the gardens where my fiance proposed in January. We go there often.
Have a lovely Sunday sweethearts!:kiss2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
1AAD8148-8DF5-4D9A-A914-7527CA52466F.jpeg 9CBC894D-5895-4119-BD5C-53594AA349EE.jpeg
@bling_dream19 I’m sorry I didn’t take a pic of the pink sapphire band yesterday. We were out all day with my son and family. For reference...the diamond band is the Tazza band from Blue Nile..which is 1.65mm. I put it next to the pink sapphire from Sarriel which is 2.3mm...You can get a good idea of the size difference from the 1.8mm you ordered. Yours will be a little bigger than the 1.65mm..I think it will look so pretty with your ring.
Please excuse my saggy old hands..:(2
:love::love::love::love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YES!!! Thank you @missy those gifs are hilarious!:lol:

My pleasure @bling_dream19 Without laughter and a good sense of humor I wouldn't have made it this far in life. Gotta laugh or would never stop crying if you kwim. That and bling. Best medicine. Though at this moment in time I sure wish Itrafungol was the best medicine and would work already.:pray:

Girls I forgot to share this photo from yesterday AM. Wow. I never saw one up close and personal. I must say they are scary looking but I know they are important creatures and we were very careful not to disturb it.

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 3.51.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 3.51.02 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 3.50.55 PM.png

I will be back tomorrow with details from today. Hope everyone is enjoying a super Sunday. XO.

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
My pleasure @bling_dream19 Without laughter and a good sense of humor I wouldn't have made it this far in life. Gotta laugh or would never stop crying if you kwim. That and bling. Best medicine. Though at this moment in time I sure wish Itrafungol was the best medicine and would work already.:pray:

Girls I forgot to share this photo from yesterday AM. Wow. I never saw one up close and personal. I must say they are scary looking but I know they are important creatures and we were very careful not to disturb it.

I will be back tomorrow with details from today. Hope everyone is enjoying a super Sunday. XO.

Yes laughter and bling are the best medicine! I certainly have to agree with marvelous Missy on this one for sure and I know probably everyone agrees too!:love::dance::lol:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
I am kind of worried about leaving it uncovered because I don't want to hit it or start it bleeding again. I might uncover it some today.

I had the same dilemma to resolve two weeks ago, for a small-ish burn on the back if my hand; long story short, it never developed a tough scar under bandage, but this did not delay healing & no mark remains now. This is the second larger wound I keep this way, jolly well [the first one was larger & a pharmacist hard sold me a half palm sized patch with a wet gel cushion not meant to come off until skin heals underneath; I sure did look! & change the thing once or twice, but it stayed on for a month doing its deed].
Good luck with the annoying cut ,( ...

-
@missy This was one strange weekend to report! I've started with all the best intentions to keep away from work & pursue icecream, but it so happens that the two places where one can sit down with coffee & icecream are closed for vacation (a week or two - end dates not specified; all bars do this at different times), and the source of said goods, a small but very good pastry house two streets away, does not sit clients... so I ended up taking this long walk between 'watering holes', ending up at a small cafe for the first time, having the best coffee in ages and a helping (overheard) of very local teenage! gossip over an houror so of my own writing; distractions are good, somehow. Not much of a story, but then, the rest of the weekend was all washing whatnot & some such - a workout you (& all) know only too well, so no worth recounting, good in small doses... bling, laughter & interesting bugs & seascapes do better!

There should be a few little niceties on schedule this week [I've almost forgotten how to take pictures (NTS.)]

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

That bug is :sick:!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
fall day 2019.png

A splendid day--for weather and relaxing. 22C and sunny! Fall colors and Rockies in the background, and fun on the water. Walked to the market and had a good lunch. I "heard" snow was coming but I'll reduce that to "fake news".:rodent: NIRDI shout out!

cheers--Sharon

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 if someone hadn't screwed up somewhere I wouldn't be here and wouldn't have had to have free treatment from the OS who I don't think caused the problem at all it was the ******* Endodontist 3 years ago who screwed up a root canal and THAT was what caused this, my OS was just the guy who put a implant into the area and all hell broke loose.

@marcy well I am a member of the klutz club too, couldn't be a better club full of nice peeps who are very smart, just have an occasional slip! Marcy, I'll bet you have a great muscle tone in your arms.. if I didn't need a shoulder replacement I'd lift.. lifting to me is an exercise of endurance and intelligence and it's a constant competition between yourself and what you are lifting plus I hate group workouts et. :) xxoo

@Mamabean Hi Joanne, I hope you had a lovely time with your son and DIL, they are lucky to have you in as their mom and MIL! and your rings are so beautiful Joanne and your hands are lovely, just like mine and I think I am stunning :) xxoo

@canuk-gal Hi Sharon, and hope all is well with you! xxoo

@missy Wow that ice cream looks wonderful, I think I will have some ice cream after this! 6K+ so awesome Missy, magnificent! with all you have going on you NEED to ride, me of little exercise really loves it when I do because it always centers me. Sounds like Day's has some competition! I hope you had a lovely day, warm up here, getting ready to pack for our trip across America. Talked to both son's today, they seem well, not talked to Kate in a week. Have a wonderful and peaceful week Missy, sending my heart to yours, hi to Greg and thank you for ALL your kind words Missy, they mean the world to me. xxoooxoxo

@Scandinavian Sending a big hug and hi to you! xxoo

@Calliecake Can't wait to hear about the baby and your fun time! hope you are feeling well xoxoxo

@Austina Hope all is well with you, you are sound asleep right now, hope you had a good conversation with Shirley Austina.. sending a big hug! xoxox

Jaw seems to feel better no more pus :) seeing doc on Tuesday.. tomorrow the lawn people come to plow up the side yard to get ready for all the plants etc going in. House goes on the market in a few weeks :( :) bittersweet, missing Autie and my sons but love Maine, as my mother ALWAYS said "Catherine! there is nothing perfect in life" :) have a great week and if I forgot to say Hi I apologize - I'm tired xoxo

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, congratulations on breaking a cycling record :dance: Very nice of Dave to reward his loyal customers! Really lovely pictures of the beach. :love: Sending love and good thoughts to you, Greg, and the kitties.

@Tekate, very glad your jaw is feeling better and there's no sign of infection, hopefully it continues :pray: I understand why you'd be having mixed emotions... just think about how you will be able to watch Autumn grow up! You will be there for all the amazing milestones. :kiss2:

@marcy, I am so sorry about that terrible cut! I think I read somewhere it's good to keep a cut covered...I think Neosporin seems to speed up the healing a little? Be careful with it, and I hope it heals quickly for you. SO annoying having a cut on a finger, and so easy to bump it. Ugh.

@canuk-gal, such a gorgeous pic! I love those sailboats, so pretty. Sounds like you had a wonderful day and I'm glad...you deserve it after your busy workweek. <3

@Calliecake, hope you are having a great time with your grand niece!

@Scandinavian, thinking about you and your mother. XOXOX

@AV_, sorry your outing got off to a rocky start but at least you found a place with really good coffee! I'd love to hear more about your niceties :kiss2:

@bling_dream19, your ering is so gorgeous!!! :love::love::love: And I love it with the band, such a beautiful set. I have two pieces from Costco and I really enjoy them...imo nice quality and good prices! And your scarves are really pretty, I love them all...I'm addicted to scarves, I just think they are a great accessory and a fun and easy way to change up an outfit. And that mermaid is amazing :kiss2:

@Mamabean, wow, I love the sapphire band, such a beautiful color! I hope you had a really lovely time with your family.

Today my sister and her dh came over to watch football and have dinner. They are leaving tomorrow for Italy and I am excited and happy for them; this is their first big trip as a married couple.

Thinking of all the nirdis and wishing everyone well (((hugs)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
GM girls! Happy Monday.

@junebug17 how nice you got to visit with your sister and her dh and wow on their Italy trip. Italy is my favorite place to visit. Hope they have a wonderful time. And hope you enjoy the rest of your time in SC.

@Tekate how are you feeling sweetheart? Yay for no more pus and may that continue. Thinking of you and sending so much healing dust your way. Greg too. (((Hugs))).
Yay for chatting with your sons yesterday and that they are doing well. Hope your niece Kate is doing well too and when we get back to Brooklyn (if we ever do) I want to make a date to see her pieces. She is very talented. Hopefully you can come too and we can make a grand day of it. The weather is amazing and cooperating albeit a bit warm for this time of year. No complaints. If we can cycle it is a good day.
I am sorry you are missing Autie and the rest of your loved ones. Nothing is perfect true. Your mom was wise. Just like you. One day soon you will see eery again though and the reunion will be sweet.

@marcy hope the cut is healing. That is quite the gash. Sending healing hugs your way.

@Austina hope Shirley made it to the video chat and that you had a good conversation with her. How was the rest of your weekend?

@canuk-gal beautiful photo. Glad you are enjoying and had a good weekend. Hope the workweek goes smoothly.

@Mamabean hope you had fun with your family. I love all your bling. If you ever get tired of it...just sayin.:whistle:

@bling_dream19 hope your week is off to a good start and that wedding plans are coming to fruition. XO
You already know how I love your gorgeous ER. And all the bling you are getting. Sweet and gorgeous all of it.

@Scandinavian hugs to you dear girl and your mom. Thinking of you.

@Slick1 hope everything is going smoothly. XO.

We had a good ride yesterday. Each day goes so fast.

Greg got a large again. LOL

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.57.39 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.59.09 AM.png

We reached 6,106 miles.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.58.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 5.59.27 AM.png

Off to clean and then shampoo the cats. Tomorrow is L-S dip Tuesday so shampooing the day before for max efficiency of the L-S dip. Poor kitties hate that and so do we. :blackeye: But chin up. We have to make it through each day and do the best and hope for the best for our cats. One day, one hour, one minute at a time. I appreciate you guys listening to my trials and tribulations and appreciate you are here for me. Sending each one of you hugs and love and hope you have a wonderful Monday.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@bling_dream19 I forgot I took this photo for you. Beach yesterday.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 6.04.20 AM.png

And here is Snowflake. One of our feral kittens who is growing fast.

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 6.03.51 AM.png

Isn't she a beauty?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Luvallgems Colin’s mum reached the stage where she couldn’t care for herself any longer or live in her home. Living with us was NOT an option (no way could I cope with her), so Colin found a really nice care home near us and she moved there. I’m sure she thought she could move in with us, but that was never going to happen. After a little while, she actually said she wished she’d moved there sooner, she had someone to get her up in the morning, help her bathe and dress, she had meals prepared for her, and most importantly, she had company. Please do not feel guilted in to having her live with you, especially as it sounds as though it’ll be extremely stressful, listen to Mamabean, she knows what she’s talking about. Our future DIL has said that she’d look after us, and we’ve told her point blank, no way. If we get to the stage where we can’t cope, we’ll go in to a home, they have their own life to live and there’s no way we’d want to be a burden to them.

I hope you’ve managed to get all the medical appts for your Mum sorted out @Mamabean and that you’ve had a good weekend without too many stresses.

I honestly don’t know what colour stones I’d go for @bling_dream19 but having seen Mamabean’s pink sapphire, it’s so pretty, I do think I wouldn’t want anything wider than 2mm as my plain plat band is 2mm and Bella’s shank is slightly slimmer. I love your mermaid, the pose is so cute, and your scarves are so pretty.

:-o @marcy, that looks so nasty, I hope it’s not so sore this morning, it must’ve hurt like hell! I had my own NIRDI moment yesterday (will explain below), but it was quite spectacular! The utility room is the last major thing we’re doing (in a non major way) in preparation for selling, as we’re intending to repaint the whole house next year to freshen things up.

Have a lovely relaxing time @junebug17 I hope the weather stays fine for you to be able to enjoy your stay to the max.

What a busy time ahead @Tekate, and I know you can’t wait to see Autie again. The latest photo is so cute, she’s a proper little lady now. I’m really hoping your pain has subsided now and this whole sorry saga will finally come to an end. I don’t blame you for never wanting another implant or bridge again, a partial denture will be much better and far less bothersome.

Wow @missy you’ve really racked up the miles this year, amazing considering everything you’ve been dealing with. Woohoo to getting your computer back so quickly, that’s good service. How’re the washer and dryer holding up? I’m so glad the weather is cooperating and you’re able to get out and enjoy the ice cream, you had me at the word coconut, one of my favourite flavours :lickout: Your little feral is certainly a cutie, and looks in such lovely condition.

It was an early start for us yesterday, we had to drop Dottie at 8.15am to head off to Southampton. We put the post code (zip code) in to the SatNav and ended up at the container area of the port! We eventually found our way to where we could see the ship docked but ended up in the wrong car park. We did eventually get to the right place but as soon as we arrived, the heavens opened and we got soaked.

We were pleasantly surprised by the ship, it’s very spacious, well it should be at nearly 150,000 tonnes, but looked better than we had thought. We asked if we could visit the kennels as it wasn’t on the itinerary, and the guide was very accommodating and took us up to have a look. That’s when I had my NIRDI moment, the deck was very wet and I went splat!!! Flat on my back and soaked :lol: We couldn’t go in to the kennels but had a word with the kennel master and felt reassured that he takes good care of his wards. There was a big doodle in the visiting area with it’s owners , similar size to Dottie, and it fitted in to one kennel. After the tour, we had a very nice lunch before setting off for home.

How’re things with you @AV_?

Sending good thoughts to @Slick1 and @Scandinavian hoping things are OK with you both.

I did manage to talk to Shirley for a little while, she was OK, tried to bad mouth her son and complain to me, but I directed the conversation away from that, so it was fine.

Not good news at the vet this morning, it looks like Dottie has arthritis in both elbows, and the vet said she’s probably experiencing pain in her back :(2 My poor little girl has been very stoic and not complaining at all. She’s on gentle exercise and some anti inflammatories for 2 weeks, with instructions to get her weight down and they’ll reassess her in 2 weeks. I hate it when they get old :cry2:

So that’s me all caught up, nothing on the cards for this week so far, but who knows if that’ll change.

:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina we ran into cycling friends this weekend who swear by green lipped mussels for arthritis for dogs (and maybe cats). Ask your vet about it. She said it absolutely was a miracle for her dog who had severe arthritis when nothing else provided relief. Worth looking into.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Slick1 Mazel tov!!!! Everyone looked gorgeous :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning from Pa...We’ve been going every weekend. David does much better during the week if he knows we’re going to Maryland on Friday. It took me 4.5 hours from the time I left my house to get David at his job up north and then back down to Maryland. I need to find another route. Once we hit Baltimore it’s a nightmare. We sat in traffic there around forty-five minutes...I was checking PS..and would move in tiny increments.
@marcy I hope your finger is doing better today...There’s an antibiotic that has pain reliever in it...Hopefully that will help with the pain. I find that when it’s exposed it hurts more...but it looked waterlogged..:(2
I laughed when you flashed your friends. I did that once too. I bought a mock suede jacket with a faux fur lining. I wore it to lunch to meet friends. When I got there I was standing up facing everyone when I took my jacket off. My friend to the left screamed and jumped up to pull it down to save my dignity...while everyone laughed...My sweater was up over my YKW’s..OMG I had to donate that jacket. I tried regular cotton shirts too..Everything went up to my neck!
That stunk that your friend didn’t show up for dinner...I once stood my friend up for breakfast because I forgot. She forgave me when I treated her to breakfast later!;)2
@Tekate..I’m hoping your pain has reduced now that the implant is out. I didn’t realize it all started with a root canal..omg...I hate the dentist...totally terrified..
David did find my diamonds...He apologized and is sending them out today. I truly wasn’t worried because he’s so honest...He would have done something I’m sure if he couldn’t find them.
We had a nice time with Scott, Allie and Jackson..The art fair wasn’t very good..not the kind of art we like..but it was nice to walk around..see them and have lunch together...Jackson is getting so big...He was so happy to see me..I loved it! You are going to have the best time with Autie when you live close by. It’s the best!
@missy Your photos are breathtaking...I know you are having a really hard time with your furries now..but I think you are in the best place to be dealing with this. The water and fresh air are so calming.
What day is your endocrinologist visit this week? I’m getting my blood work again Oct. 7. She’s doing the big blood work again...Not only is my thyroid off..but my platelets are below normal. I’m eliminating Pycnogenol and my weekend glass of wine to see if it makes a difference for two weeks. I read the longest platelets live is 12 days so I’ll see if eliminating these two things makes a difference.
I’ll be back..I don’t want to lose this!

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy, I’ll look in to it. Lots of Spinone people use Golden Paste made from turmeric, so I’m looking in to that too.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina I’m glad you got to see the ship..and that it looked nice for Dottie...Omg..I’m glad you are okay after your fall. I used to fall all the time but I walk like I’m a hundred years old if I walk on anything wet or uneven ground. I’m an awful klutz...It seems that people that love diamonds are klutzes! :lol: I also feel so bad that Dottie has arthritis...What did the vet prescribe for Dottie? Bailey gets one Rimadyl both am and pm. It helps but he still gets up and down very slowly...It breaks my heart...I give him Cosequin for his joints..My husband and I both think it helps him a lot. You can buy it in Costco or on Amazon. Bailey is 80 pound and gets two in the morning after breakfast.
I’m glad you realized early on that you couldn’t have your mother-in-law live with you...I would never do that to my children. I have David so it would have to be a package deal somewhere..:lol:
@Slick I hope you are doing okay now that you’re in the full swing of school. That’s a shame you sold your pretty target ring. I would love to sell some things but I have no idea how to do it. I have too much stuff I don’t wear...Did you post a photo?I went back into the thread but I didn’t see it..
The wedding is getting so close now..How exciting!
@junebug17 I think you’re still in SC...I hope you are having a nice relaxing long weekend. So you both fly each time you go and not drive? Do you keep a car there? My son and daughter-in-law want to get a house in the Carolinas..not sure where..but they’re not ready for it yet. That’s a trek for them from Va.

Last edited:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The vet has prescribed Onsior @Mamabean, one a day 30 minutes after eating. She said she prefers it to Rimadyl so we’ll see if it makes a difference. I’ve been reading up about YuMove which contains green lipped mussel and also Golden Paste which is all natural, so after we see the vet in 2 weeks, I’ll decide how we proceed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The vet has prescribed Onsior @Mamabean, one a day 30 minutes after eating. She said she prefers it to Rimadyl so we’ll see if it makes a difference. I’ve been reading up about YuMove which contains green lipped mussel and also Golden Paste which is all natural, so after we see the vet in 2 weeks, I’ll decide how we proceed.
@Austina...It has great reviews and seems to work better than Rimadyl. I’ll ask my vet about it. Thanks! :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina GL with Dottie and keep us posted. I am curious if you (or @Mamabean) use the Green Lipped Mussels what you think of it. This woman sweared it cured her dog of arthritis or at least made him a whole new dog.

Leaving you with some wisdom for the day/week/life.

il_794xN.1743308699_8r5n.jpg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Austina GL with Dottie and keep us posted. I am curious if you (or @Mamabean) use the Green Lipped Mussels what you think of it. This woman sweared it cured her dog of arthritis or at least made him a whole new dog.

Leaving you with some wisdom for the day/week/life.

il_794xN.1743308699_8r5n.jpg
I love this @missy! I do think of life like riding waves in the ocean..up..down..calm...Life is definitely worth it.
Now to vacuum the stinky wet dog hair out of my new car from the weekend..:loopy:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this @missy! I do think of life like riding waves in the ocean..up..down..calm...Life is definitely worth it.
Now to vacuum the stinky wet dog hair out of my new car from the weekend..:loopy:

And don't forget ice cream. Makes everything sweeter. :whistle: Ooh @AV_

Screen Shot 2019-09-23 at 3.06.05 PM.png

AV_

Ideal_Rock
Good evening, NIRDI!

@missy The one thing I like more than icecream, are grilled mussels... Of course, there can be both! The week is very full, fully justifying complicating dinners.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Bling Dream, I can't wait to see your pink band. I thought our wedding was perfect, we got a lot of comments how much people enjoyed it. Around here you have to have outdoor plans in the morning because the afternoons are likely to have thunderstorms. Thank you, typing so much at work did make my finger sore. Good luck figuring out where you guys want to live. Sounds like fun to explore your options.

Missy, my finger is pretty sore. It's good we lead interesting lives. Laughter, bling, ice cream, miles on a bike (or Porsche), hugs from fur babies and people who care - they are all good medicine. Great saying you posted about life.

AV, thanks for the tip on my finger. It is certainly a chunk out of my finger. I looked around online and am going to leave it covered until the hole has filled back in and then work on getting a scab and toughening the spot up. Glad to hear your burn healed okay and the gel cushion sounds like it worked great for you. Sounds like you had a nice outing and found a good place for coffee.

Sharon, beautiful picture. I always love seeing the Rockies - I get a glimpse of them from here too.

Kate, I am glad your are feeling better and don't see any puss. I think I'm having sympathy pains for you. The hole where I had a tooth pulled years ago has been tender and the few teeth further back in my mouth from there seem weird. Could be sinuses. Who knows? Lifting is definitely a competition with yourself. Marty really pushes those personal bests. He and his clients get very excited about them. I get deciding to move raises some bittersweet thoughts. I swear your mom and my mom had to go to the same Mother's school - I can hear my mom saying the same thing about there is nothing perfect in life. Being close to Autie will be a major plus.

Junebug, thank you; that is what I read too about keeping cuts covered up so they heal slowly inside. I am allergic to neosporin so I think I'll just keep it covered and use Hydrogen Peroxide on it once a day until it starts to fill in. I can easily tell you at least 10 things I do using my left index finger. :lol: It sounds like you had a nice visit with your sister and BIL. How exciting they are heading to Italy; that is Marty's dream trip. Enjoy your time in SC.

Missy, that is awesome to reach 6100 miles. Great pictures of the ocean and love the photo and you and Greg. Hope the kitties are hanging in there and getting better.

Austina, i totally agree with everything you said about having your parents move in with you or having your kids take care of you; I found my mother got more selfish when she reached that stage and she was great at trying to make us feel guilty to get what she wanted. Before she got to that stage though she would have been the first person to encourage all of us to live your lives and not give up everything to take care of her. When they need that much help they need to be somewhere that is equipped to take care of them. When my dad would take his day or afternoon off from care giving I would go stay with her sometime but Marty beat it in to my head I shouldn't ever try to help her up if she fell or to help her get up, bathe, etc. As he pointed out I'm not trained to help her and I'd feel absolutely awful if something happened to her when I tried to help her. I am glad Colin's mother found she enjoyed her care home. Good plan to get the major upgrade done now then spruce up the house with new paint when you are ready to put it on the market. Oh no to having trouble finding where to drop Dottie off and then go poured on. Oh no; I hate to hear that you fell down. Are you okay? How do you feel today? My finger does hurt and is definitely getting my attention today. Good idea to change the conversation with Shirley. I am sorry to hear Dottie has arthritis; hopefully the exercise and anti-inflammatory will help ease her pain.

Mamabean, that sounds like quite a drive. Glad you have PS to check during times you are stuck in traffic. My finger was better when I woke up but tying all day at work got it rather irritated. As soon as I'm done here I'm off computers for the day. Gotta love those wardrobe malfunctions; the best we can do is laugh. I talked to my friend's nephew today; he works with me; he was going to tell his uncle I was really upset he didn't show up for supper the other night. That's great David found your diamonds. Glad you enjoyed the art show and seeing everyone. I hope your blood work has positive results.

Thank you all for your kind wishes for my finger. I know it's there for sure. I am sure it'll be touchy for a few days and take a while to fill in that hole. Our cleaning lady came today and Marty ate out so the house was totally clean when I got home. Sweet. I stopped and ate tacos on the way home. I am washing towels night and ran the dishwasher.

Marty's Denver project was officially cancelled. At least he'll be in town but again job security is another thing.

Marty called Apple today about fixing the bezel that fell off his Apple watch. They don't have his model in stainless anymore so they offered to replace it with aluminum for $229. He said no. He thought he'd try to glue it back on but he was just messing with it to see if it might work to glue it back on and it snapped back in place. I am betting it stays put; if not I guess he'll get a new watch.

Take care, hug your family and furbabies for me.

Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results