shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw "stable genius" trending on twitter. Actually had to go to Trumps twitter account to make sure it was true.

Don't do it. Just don't. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The MORON didn't create those new jobs, if it weren't for Obama and his policies we'd be stuck like parts of Europe in stasis. Give credit where credit is due. And where's the 4-6% growth you said Trumpski would do?

@Dancing Fire

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe b/c the moron created 224K new jobs in June.
https://www.bls.gov/news.release/pdf/empsit.pdf

I'm smack dab in the Midwest flyover country, and we've yet to see any jobs.

Why do you keep defending these guys, DF? I mean, they're clearly not good guys. Yeah, the Clintons were liars. So was every other politician. I voted for Romney vs Obama in '12. You know I'm pretty damn unbiased. But you keep taking it to the extreme...it's hard to hear or understand your points when all you do is bring up the same things over and over. We are demanding better from you!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent some time in Mount Carmel, PA this past winter and there is an aura of morose depression there. It's coal country, coal is bad for OUR earth @Dancing Fire we should not be mining any coal, clean energy is what Trumpski should be pushing, maybe the EPA should have looked more into retraining the miners, maybe there should be HUGE tax breaks for companies who bring jobs to coal country, but not El Presidente, no no, stuck in conservative hell is what we are stuck in.

and @monarch64 I replied to you because I too didn't see much job growth in the wood workers in Maine or the coal miners in PA, so what are these new jobs that Trumpski is taking as started by him? summer jobs at the beach? Walmart? wages are STAGNANT and the rich are getting waaaaay richer, middle class is lost, poor people will probably soon lose any healthcare they could have had under ACA.. America, a crap country, run by pedophiles, elitists, losers, and cheaters, I would love Romney today (I voted for Obama) but I would be just doing my usual wanking about republicans I've done all my life Romeny is a good man, rich, but a good, wholesome man. Under this nationalistic, plutocracy, the rich companies are Americans too! government I am scared truly I am. We look like bully's and we are. Not MY America.

Why do you keep defending these guys, DF? I mean, they're clearly not good guys. Yeah, the Clintons were liars. So was every other politician. I voted for Romney vs Obama in '12. You know I'm pretty damn unbiased. But you keep taking it to the extreme...it's hard to hear or understand your points when all you do is bring up the same things over and over. We are demanding better from you!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The MORON didn't create those new jobs, if it weren't for Obama and his policies we'd be stuck like parts of Europe in stasis. Give credit where credit is due. And where's the 4-6% growth you said Trumpski would do?

@Dancing Fire
Yes I know, first blame Bush and now give Obama credit. I never said anything about 4% growth Trump said that. It would be impossible to keep growing at 3% for the next 6 months.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Dancing Fire

@Tekate, You keep forgetting that the country was in great shape when Obama took over. Everyone had jobs, we were not in any wars, the economy was doing better than ever thanks to the Republican who was President before him. I believe his name was Bush. LOL

Where is the fantastic healthcare plan Trump promised he would be rolling out when he became president?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent some time in Mount Carmel, PA this past winter and there is an aura of morose depression there. It's coal country, coal is bad for OUR earth @Dancing Fire we should not be mining any coal, clean energy is what Trumpski should be pushing, maybe the EPA should have looked more into retraining the miners, maybe there should be HUGE tax breaks for companies who bring jobs to coal country, but not El Presidente, no no, stuck in conservative hell is what we are stuck in.

and @monarch64 I replied to you because I too didn't see much job growth in the wood workers in Maine or the coal miners in PA, so what are these new jobs that Trumpski is taking as started by him? summer jobs at the beach? Walmart? wages are STAGNANT and the rich are getting waaaaay richer, middle class is lost, poor people will probably soon lose any healthcare they could have had under ACA.. America, a crap country, run by pedophiles, elitists, losers, and cheaters, I would love Romney today (I voted for Obama) but I would be just doing my usual wanking about Republicans I've done all my life Romney is a good man, rich, but a good, wholesome man. Under this nationalistic, plutocracy, the rich companies are Americans too! the government I am scared truly I am. We look like bully's and we are. Not MY America.

Yup. Trump has done exactly NOTHING as far as creating jobs. Yes, the Clintons sucked just as much as the Bushes did. But Hillary (despite defending a rapist for her JOB) didn't rape anyone nor did she openly brag about antics like grabbing folks by their genitalia just because she was a "star." To my knowledge, neither did her husband. But I digress. I voted for Romney because I hated that the ACA would force me to buy into a government healthcare system that had NOT been thought through or I would be penalized! That was some serious bullshit and it was also NOT affordable for most middle-class families, including myself at the time. (Still isn't!) At this point, I'd rather go back to arguing about health care instead of watching the constant circus act that surrounds DT and his cronies. I have never and will never take this administration seriously and I honestly don't understand how anyone can.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Tekate,
Where is the fantastic healthcare plan Trump promised he would be rolling out when he became president?
No need to worry about healthcare. Just move to Ca. where everything is FREE!
yetanotherdancyguy.gif

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question! I'll ask you, who's benefitting? I am but then again in the scheme of USA hierarchy I fall into the upper class in my state of Maine and I live on investments. Great for me! but how many people actually have funds and inheritance like I have? not many.

https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/07/11/donald-trumps-not-so-great-economy

Much of the posters here in PS are elites, we have enough money or make enough money to live in our version of comfortability. But many are not so lucky and for them, this big stock market run hasn't been a panacea to lift them anyway.

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,
Tina--
If Donald Trump had not started a trade war, the Fed wouldn't have to reduce rates to keep the economy and stock market up. The rates have been kept artificially low for many yrs, and the stock mar et seems to think this is what should be forever. The small saver gets hurt. By this I mean the person who has 100.000 and expected a return of 4 or 5 % from a CD, only got a half or 1 %
for a good while.

Like Tekate, I have investments in the stock market as well, but have cash to live on and expect a certain return. I certainly didn't get that return, but the Market did give me a nice return. But the little guy gets nothing, as usual.

Trump has again created an economic uncertainty, which now requires the Fed to step in.

Annette

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ignore button, @Tekate!
It does wonders for one’s digestion!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good question! I'll ask you, who's benefitting? I am but then again in the scheme of USA hierarchy I fall into the upper class in my state of Maine and I live on investments. Great for me! but how many people actually have funds and inheritance like I have? not many.
I wish! ;(

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But do remember I am LILY WHITE, I'm 99.6% Northern European, I belong here.
White privilege!
slap4.gif
. Shame, shame,shame!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't remember if this has been posted before. I've posted some snippets to entice folks to read it in its entirety. It's a short article.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...mplete-psychological-analysis-trumps-support?

It should be strongly emphasized that not all Trump supporters are racist, mentally vulnerable, or fundamentally bad people. It can be detrimental to society when those with degrees and platforms try to demonize their political opponents or paint them as mentally ill when they are not. That being said, it is just as harmful to pretend that there are not clear psychological and neural factors that underlie much of Trump supporters’ unbridled allegiance.

Science has shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening. A 2008 study in the journal Science found that conservatives have a stronger physiological reaction to startling noises and graphic images compared to liberals. A brain-imaging study published in Current Biology revealed that those who lean right politically tend to have a larger amygdala — a structure that is electrically active during states of fear and anxiety. And a 2014 fMRI study found that it is possible to predict whether someone is a liberal or conservative simply by looking at their brain activity while they view threatening or disgusting images, such as mutilated bodies. Specifically, the brains of self-identified conservatives generated more activity overall in response to the disturbing images.

These brain responses are automatic and not influenced by logic or reason. As long as Trump continues to portray Muslims and Hispanic immigrants as imminent threats, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch. Fear keeps his followers energized and focused on safety. And when you think you’ve found your protector, you become less concerned with offensive and divisive remarks.

The Dunning-Kruger Effect: Humans Often Overestimate Their Political Expertise
Some who support Donald Trump are under-informed or misinformed about the issues at hand. When Trump tells them that crime is skyrocketing in the United States, or that the economy is the worst it’s ever been, they simply take his word for it.

The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed, which creates a double burden.

Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” These people cannot be reached because they mistakenly believe they are the ones who should be reaching others.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” These people cannot be reached because they mistakenly believe they are the ones who should be reaching others.

Jeez this is eruudite. I'm glad I didn't have to study psychology. Back in the days when we social workers just had to understand Freud's psychodynamic theory, we would have said someone who had no idea that he wasn't at all the man he thought he was had "no observing ego". ;))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF This is the part that gave me an "Aha" moment: Science has shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening. A 2008 study in the journal Science found that conservatives have a stronger physiological reaction to startling noises and graphic images compared to liberals. A brain-imaging study published in Current Biology revealed that those who lean right politically tend to have a larger amygdala — a structure that is electrically active during states of fear and anxiety. And a 2014 fMRI study found that it is possible to predict whether someone is a liberal or conservative simply by looking at their brain activity while they view threatening or disgusting images, such as mutilated bodies. Specifically, the brains of self-identified conservatives generated more activity overall in response to the disturbing images.

These brain responses are automatic and not influenced by logic or reason. As long as Trump continues to portray Muslims and Hispanic immigrants as imminent threats, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch. Fear keeps his followers energized and focused on safety. And when you think you’ve found your protector, you become less concerned with offensive and divisive remarks.[/QUOTE]

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF This is the part that gave me an "Aha" moment: Science has shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening. A 2008 study in the journal Science found that conservatives have a stronger physiological reaction to startling noises and graphic images compared to liberals. A brain-imaging study published in Current Biology revealed that those who lean right politically tend to have a larger amygdala — a structure that is electrically active during states of fear and anxiety. And a 2014 fMRI study found that it is possible to predict whether someone is a liberal or conservative simply by looking at their brain activity while they view threatening or disgusting images, such as mutilated bodies. Specifically, the brains of self-identified conservatives generated more activity overall in response to the disturbing images.

These brain responses are automatic and not influenced by logic or reason. As long as Trump continues to portray Muslims and Hispanic immigrants as imminent threats, many conservative brains will involuntarily light up like light bulbs being controlled by a switch. Fear keeps his followers energized and focused on safety. And when you think you’ve found your protector, you become less concerned with offensive and divisive remarks.

[/QUOTE]

If only we could give them an alternative for them to fear. :))

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

[/QUOTE]
So what this study is saying is that for these people, following Trump is completely involuntary as long as he’s feeding their fear response. He has hijacked their brains.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think now the the part I turned red below explains why conservatives are always talking about the military, protection, be ready etc. America has enough atomic weapons to wipe out the universe probably I believe Russia has more, why all this money spent on military weapons, military personnel etc. it's that part of their brain that they see as perceiving threats all the time I guess. I guess that is why they SO FEAR the border, we all know 1-100 Muslims that are radical could make it in. Sad I guess.

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is a shame, I never knew till last year, before last year I thought all races and colors had the same privileges I had, then I found out differently under Trump all the ugliness came out. And I'm only 76% Northern European and % German and French, some they can't figure out yet but say it's northern Europe
White privilege!
slap4.gif
. Shame, shame,shame!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So what this study is saying is that for these people, following Trump is completely involuntary as long as he’s feeding their fear response. He has hijacked their brains.
Pretty darn Hitlerian of him right? It explains why there are people who are more vulnerable than others to authoritarians. It also lends truth to my favorite pet peeve about organized religions being fear mongering cults whose members yearn for deus ex machina to save them from anyone who does not look like they do or believe as they do.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:D

Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 1.53.42 PM.png

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2019-07-16 at 2.08.03 PM.png

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata-

Although the photo from World War II looks familiar I cannot identify it. Can you tell me where it was taken and when. I assume it was a POW camp, not a concentration camp or extermination camp.

AGBF

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you tell me where it was taken and when.
I grabbed it off a Facebook group and don't have any info about it. Sorry.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I grabbed it off a Facebook group and don't have any info about it. Sorry.

HimmlerAt POWCamp.jpg

Thank you. I found it with the best resolution available. It was taken in 1940-1941 and is (obviously) of Heinrich Himmler inspecting a POW camp. The photo is from the United States National Archives.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results