shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by AnnaH, Jun 3, 2017.

1. monarch64
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by monarch64 » Jul 16, 2019
    I would just like to make it known here that tonight as I read chapter IV of The Hobbit to my 7-year-old daughter (who is LOVING it so far) I used my best Donald Trump impression for the part of the nasty Great Goblin. She thought it was hilarious, for different reasons than I, and we were both laughing our heads off. Times like these you’ve gotta find humor where you can.

2. House Cat
    Ideal_Rock

by House Cat » Jul 17, 2019
    [/QUOTE]

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1151241622744682496

Here is a good example of feeding fear. Listening to this president, you would think there is no hope for our country. Heap on another dose of Hannity and Fox News and the amygdala would be firing at an awesome rate.

lovedogs, Calliecake and Tekate like this.
  3. Calliecake
    Ideal_Rock

by Calliecake » Jul 19, 2019
    The Washington Post is reporting The Trump administration plan changes to citizenship test.

How about we pass a law that states the President needs to pass the citizenship test immediately before being sworn and we all get to watch him take the test and see his answers in real time.

I think it’s a pretty safe bet Trump couldn’t pass the test.

JPie, lovedogs, Tekate and 1 other person like this.
  4. redwood66
    Ideal_Rock

5. Calliecake
    Ideal_Rock

by Calliecake » Jul 19, 2019
    Our president should be required to pass the citizenship test. My guess is past Democratic Presidents could pass the test.

Trump cancels appearance at the NAACP National Convention in Detroit.

lovedogs, Tekate and kipari like this.
  6. monarch64
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by monarch64 » Jul 19, 2019
    I’m sure Trump could pass the citizenship test even better than it's ever been passed before, because he’s the greatest citizen who ever citizened in the U.S. Oh, and he’d hire his own proctor, and if by chance he still couldn’t pass, he’d just lie and say he did (150%!!!) anyway.

JPie, lovedogs, kipari and 1 other person like this.
  7. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Jul 19, 2019
    I did, :praise: but this was 42 yrs ago. I probably would flunk the test today. :shhh:. The immigration officer asked me like 18-20 Qs :o and I answered every one of them correctly. She almost made me sing the Star-Spangled Banner. :bigsmile:

8. Dancing Fire
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by Dancing Fire » Jul 19, 2019
    I think it depends on your age. They seem to take it easy on the elderly. My dad didn't apply for citizenship till he was like 62 yrs old. He said the immigration officer only asked him like 5 easy Qs.

9. redwood66
    Ideal_Rock

by redwood66 » Jul 20, 2019
    The study was done on native born citizens not immigrants, the old ones answered 74% correctly, the young ones not so much. ;)2

Dancing Fire likes this.
  10. Maria D
    Brilliant_Rock

by Maria D » Jul 20, 2019
    This is what we get for putting so much emphasis on STEM education at elementary and secondary school at the expense of other important courses, particularly civics. It's really a shame. (And I say this as a math teacher.)

Calliecake and redwood66 like this.