shape
carat
color
clarity

Gene's newest stones (precision gem)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got an email an hour ago, followed the links, and found that his latest two stones sold out. I just can't seem to grab anything good that I need from Precision Gem o_O. They sell way too quickly, and I don't get the notification until (at worst) a few days later!

You did get that email late. It went out yesterday. :shock:

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here’s my 2.14ct violet sapphire from Gene. She is a shifty girl. Hates the car (the grey comes way out). Loves it outside and under indoor lights. Here’s a million pics. Just trying to give an accurate representation. :mrgreen2:

Indoor lighting:
F047D245-CF45-4AA5-969E-2AFAE08B8B1D.jpeg

D76E5E9F-18E7-4429-AF2E-96356B7BC559.jpeg

B73B9C04-F523-4E8F-A7CB-6CD98623B498.jpeg

B6763019-C1C7-4BCD-9DB6-91522821827D.jpeg

Outdoors:
84FA20C6-E398-4E56-9525-87C6927A7937.jpeg

6AF8E65A-AA53-49A0-97CF-BC5155FA26B0.jpeg

E63DD765-4B87-4C57-9B4D-D60097913799.jpeg

This sapphire is so pretty on you, @elle_71125 ! On your dainty fingers it looks spectacularly large! Still needs a halo though—wink, wink :lol:

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gene posted this soft colored morganite today.
http://www.precisiongem.com/gemstackpage/gems.php?catalog/all/-/date/1

DE18EC44-5022-45FD-9831-153D6EC60E3C.jpeg

Also, I can’t for the life of me figure out why this orange spess hasn’t sold yet. Look at it! :love:

0D0DE4D7-56F5-47BF-954B-107DDDEE0C48.jpeg

Prices are so variable with mandarin spessartites. I have a six carat mandarin spessartite from Gene. I love it, but it’s also included like this stone (I’m assuming both stones are from the same locale) and it looks the same, but I paid $400 for it around ten years ago. Pricing has gone up quite a bit since then I suppose.

Has anyone seen Atwater’s gorgeous “Gene” mint tourmaline ring at the bottom of this page of the eye candy thread?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy.29435/page-98

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prices are so variable with mandarin spessartites. I have a six carat mandarin spessartite from Gene. I love it, but it’s also included like this stone (I’m assuming both stones are from the same locale) and it looks the same, but I paid $400 for it around ten years ago. Pricing has gone up quite a bit since then I suppose.

Has anyone seen Atwater’s gorgeous “Gene” mint tourmaline ring at the bottom of this page of the eye candy thread?

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/colored-stone-e-rings-eyecandy.29435/page-98

That’s very true. I often wonder why the pricing on this material fluctuates so much.
I love this one on LT though it is much more expensive (and larger) than the one from Gene. It’s closer to 3k. Is that due to it being eye clean?
https://loupetroop.com/listings/loo...one/sale-4-dot-38-gorgeous-orange-spessartite
58CC6CC3-39EF-4BF4-A925-24C511879EC9.jpeg

ETA: I always forget to check that thread. That mint tourmaline ring is total goals! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be fair, he may not have updated the website yet. "But how does she know?" you may ask.

Well...cuz this lil baby is currently sitting in a cat-proof jewelry box in my bedroom...and lemme tell you, she is even better in real life!

Wait...you bought that? That was listed ages ago. The site should definitely be updated by now! :shock:

Now onto more important business...where are the pics?? I loved that one and was really hoping a PSer bought it. Now do your PS duty and share. :mrgreen2:

mdi

Shiny_Rock
Wait...you bought that? That was listed ages ago. The site should definitely be updated by now! :shock:

Now onto more important business...where are the pics?? I loved that one and was really hoping a PSer bought it. Now do your PS duty and share. :mrgreen2:

I have the world's WORST camera on my phone, so this is unfortunately the best I can do for now. It's really challenging to capture the color nuances. Definitely more pink under incandescent light.

None of these photos really do it justice and my hands look like those of a 95-year-old woman...it's a really interesting color. Have not seen this particular shift shade too often before...and when trying to photograph by the window, I succeeded in dropping it into the dog's bed haha.
IMG_20190410_165205__01.jpg

IMG_20190410_165409.jpg

mdi

Shiny_Rock
To be fair, I don't think it is the world's most gorgeous color for corundum by a long stretch. But the cut is fantastic and I find it to be a really interesting shapeshifter. For me, it was a good foray into Gene's work and custom gems/settings.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be fair, I don't think it is the world's most gorgeous color for corundum by a long stretch. But the cut is fantastic and I find it to be a really interesting shapeshifter. For me, it was a good foray into Gene's work and custom gems/settings.

it looks pretty interesting & you might like it more once it is set. i'd bought a similarly neutral colored tourmaline last year that i wasn't sure about but once i put it into a pendant i was kind of sad i had already offered it up as a gift ;-)

mdi

Shiny_Rock
it looks pretty interesting & you might like it more once it is set. i'd bought a similarly neutral colored tourmaline last year that i wasn't sure about but once i put it into a pendant i was kind of sad i had already offered it up as a gift ;-)

Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE it! I just realize it's not a 'classic' color for corundum. Personally I adore the neutral tone -- it will go with everything!
And if anyone's been following my e-ring saga on this thread, I got a very different bicolor sapphire from Jeff at Earth's Treasury for that.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh don't get me wrong, I LOVE it! I just realize it's not a 'classic' color for corundum. Personally I adore the neutral tone -- it will go with everything!
And if anyone's been following my e-ring saga on this thread, I got a very different bicolor sapphire from Jeff at Earth's Treasury for that.

gotcha, yeah totally that color range is so versatile! have you posted your ering stone? i would love to see that one too!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the world's WORST camera on my phone, so this is unfortunately the best I can do for now. It's really challenging to capture the color nuances. Definitely more pink under incandescent light.

None of these photos really do it justice and my hands look like those of a 95-year-old woman...it's a really interesting color. Have not seen this particular shift shade too often before...and when trying to photograph by the window, I succeeded in dropping it into the dog's bed haha.
IMG_20190410_165205__01.jpg

IMG_20190410_165409.jpg

I really like it. I bet it will be super pretty once it’s set. :love: What is it about setting gems that makes them so much better?

Ps. Your hands do not look remotely like those of a 95 year old woman. :lol:

mdi

Shiny_Rock
I really like it. I bet it will be super pretty once it’s set. :love:

Ps. Your hands do not look remotely like those of a 95 year old woman. :lol:

Thank you, it's cause I cropped out the scabby dry skin bits! ;)2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soooo...did somebody say a (basic heat only, no treatments!) ruby halo to really bring out the pink in this sapphire? These happened to come today. Must have been a little voice in my head -- NOT the one that tells me to stop spending money LOL!

PhotoGrid_1555106846705.jpg

How awesome would that look! :love: :dance:

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Your stone is from Tanzania, this other one is from Nigeria.
The pricing of the rough is all over the place, and it varies greatly with the clarity and color. The material from Tanzania when it first came out was much less expensive. Then by the next year the price of the rough shot up. Now that there is basically no production of it anymore, the price of the rough that is still around is again more expensive in good quality.
Also, the spessartine from Nigeria is cleaner than the Tanzanian material. The Tanzanian has what the locals call "sugar" in it. This sugar does show much more in the photo's than in person however. It can be over looked when the color is strong, as these stones almost glow even in dimly lit rooms.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh yes, mine was from Tanzania, thanks, I forgot. Nigerian stones do tend to be cleaner. I think you purchased the rough for my stone on one of your African trips to a dealer if I remember correctly. I love it, so thank you!! It is glowy.

mdi

Shiny_Rock
I'm actually a bit annoyed to see that red/purple sapphire on there because it is stunning, and I would buy it in a heartbeat if I hadn't already purchased the lighter pink/peach Umba sapphire from a couple months ago! I even asked if there was anything more of a red, pink, or orange shade in the works for cutting and was told no. Oh well.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A yellow sapphire has been on my wish list, so I was excited to see this one in such a strong color. I ordered it and am hopeful I will get the confirmation that it is mine :D.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results