That you found us here
And forever our dear
Face it girlie
You're forever a NIRDI

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@marcy, I’m so sorry about your friend, how she must’ve suffered. Her poor family having to watch her decline. I worked with a man who had a brain tumour, he was in his 30’s with 2 young children. They did operate, thought they’d got it only for it to return, twice, until he eventually succumbed to it. It’s an awful thing to go through. Poor Marty, but sounds like it’d be the right decision to pull out if he’s not recovered, doesn’t want to do any permanent damage. I hope he’s feeling a bit better today.

How’re feeling today @Tekate, I hope you had a really good sleep and are feeling more rested today. How did Sallie cope with all the travelling? You must miss seeing little Autumn already. Oooo, new build sounds exciting, we’ve had one brand new house, but someone else had chosen everything and dropped out at the last minute, so we didn’t get to pick anything, and some of their taste :eek2:

Thanks @Slick1 I hope you’re feeling better today and you’re symptoms are subsiding, you’re such a trooper.

How lovely to have an unexpected stay at the beach @missy, and good score on a freebie ice cream, even if you couldn’t eat too much. So glad you’re weather is being co-operative so you can get out and enjoy cycling. It’s turned really cool here today.

I heard back from Shirley’s DIL and found out what had caused her outburst. They had suggested to her that she fly home with J’s Mum, and J and Bob’s friend David, would drive back with J’s things and the dogs. Shirley wasn’t keen at first, then agreed, then changed her mind and literally went ballistic, accusing them of trying to ship her off like a piece of old furniture, and taking her dog away. J wanted David to share the driving with her, but because of Shirley’s outburst, she just agreed to her going in the car, meaning J now has to drive alone all the way from California with her Mum, Shirley and the dogs. During her outburst, Shirley told J she hoped she’d die in a car accident. :(2 It’s just so awful that Shirley would say something like that, but J said she’s got used to her saying hateful things, and realises it’s not the real Shirley saying it. Poor girl, she’s giving up her job, her life in California to go and take care of Shirley and make sure she’s safe. I discussed it with J and decided not to reply to her email, instead I emailed her yesterday with details about our visit to Bletchley with the photos.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, on a brighter note, we’re going on a beach walk tomorrow, hopefully it’ll stay dry, then we’re all going to the pub for lunch, so will be out all day.

Hope you all have a lovely weekend. :appl:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW !!!! How did you do that? THANK YOU SO MUCH MISSY!!!

of course we come in all colors etc but when I think of this group you started, full of support for all who come by here to stay or to hang and come back or never come back.. this is how I see us below. Thank you Missy your poem was wonderful.. I feel so lucky!!! xoxoxoxo

nirdids2.jpg

Quick poem for @Tekate

Kate the Great
You are a Saint
Sweet and kind
A rare find
The NIRDIs love you
And would never block you
You're Kate the Great
And it's truly fate
That you found us here
And forever our dear
Face it girlie
You're forever a NIRDI

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Austina Thank you for asking Austina! we are all fine here, getting more rested each night (last night we watched GOT!) Salley sleeps or rests in the backseat of the car, she never does much but whine if John leaves, she LOVES me but John is her first love, he baby's her.. I think our previous loved by all dog Daisy (2000-2013) was my dog, that dog loved me above all. :) Are you planning an Austin trip? I read you are going cruising again.. I haven't read everything so you probably said where you were going but if you think about it, could you let me know again! I live thru your cruises!

Shirley sounds terrible Austina.. Could be early stage dementia? Going through grief is terrible, but she is making things up that aren't there... She may be angry and acting out. I hope she can find some sort of relief Austina, and your email sounded GREAT.. so so sorry for her family, trauma and then drama.. I send you support and am glad you are sharing here because when someone we care so much about is going thru this, it hurts us and affects us. ((Austina)) hope the walk and the food at your pub was fun and delish! :)

@marcy thanks Marcy :) I want a new stone but I don't want to spend the money, it's weird.. if we build in Texas that will be more than buying something a few years old etc.. pool.. I'm not sure what I am going to do. Yup on DHs who are grumps and I too grump back but more snotty, so I'm sure this is why John doesn't grump a hell of a lot ;-) xoxoxoxo so sorry about your friend Marcy.. :( hugs to you.

@missy thank you Missy, I always say and I say again. I am soooooo lucky to have met you in real life and here. I never had a friend who loved stones the way you and I and all of us here do.. I mean seriously we 'get' each other and YOU are wonderful.. :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

And Missy, the ice cream looks delicious.. I'm ready.. I hope you guys have a wonderful weekend with the kittens, and each other, be careful biking (I know you are).. tell Greg I said HI! and you both just have a wonderful weekend at the beach.. glad you are staying longer :) xo

@Mamabean I'm with others who have said you are not alone about going to a doctor. Seriously, they always find something wrong OR they don't and you do have something wrong, etc.. you are in good company, believe me! I swear I stress out about my yearly checkup 4 months before I have to even GO! .. sending you hugs and strength! you are a very strong woman, I know your tests will be fine. xooxoxoxo

@Slick1 Hey! hope you have a wonderful weekend.. how's the wedding plans coming along? Is it local or destination? Hope you are feeing great Slick!

@AV_ Hello girlie!!!! hope you are having wonderful weather, work is good and you are happy! xoxoxoxox

@Calliecake have a great weekend Callie! hope you are well and everything is going good in your neck of the woods! xoxoxoxoxoxo

@Keeliamira Wow, all these interviews.. I know a guy who reports to Tim Cook and he didn't have to go through five interviews! But if your husband is going to make the type of income our friend does then 20 interviews is snap for me! Have you lived in AZ before? I think it's very pretty there.. my bestie lived in Tucson for 18 years and she loved it! sending dust for a quick offer! xoxoxo

@junebug17 Have a wonderful weekend!!! xoxoxoxo

to everyone, happy friday afternoon and here's to a great weekend for everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Caturday Saturday.

@junebug17 sending you (((hugs))) and continued good vibes and thoughts for Zoe and that she is comfortable. XO.

@Tekate I feel the same way! So lucky to have met you and the other wonderful ladies here. And so pleased we met in person too and looking forward too seeing you again soon. (((HUGS)))!!!
Definitely being careful and we just ordered 4 new helmets as our helmets are over 8 years old and they should be replaced every 2 years due to degradation of materials etc. LOL I cannot believe so many years have passed since we got new helmets. Should be here mid week next week.

Yay to feeling rested and well. What are your weekend plans Kate?

Ice cream was good again yesterday and I got a bigger size this time haha.

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 6.56.29 AM.png

@Austina so sad about Shirley and I am very sorry. Heartbreaking. :cry2: Your email to her about your visit to the park sounded perfect.
I am glad you are enjoying a nice end of week and weekend and hope your weather cooperates. It's another lovely day here but rain due tomorrow and Monday I think. Enjoy a wonderful weekend.

@Slick1 hope you slept well and have a good weekend planned. We are all thinking of you and sending continued healing vibes your way. XO.

@Calliecake fingers crossed the AC will be fixed next week. Hang in there. I feel your pain and hope the temps inside remain cool enough for you.

@Mamabean what are your plans this weekend? Hope you are feeling well and also calmer about your upcoming appt. Sending you good luck vibes and hugs.

@Keeliamira hoping you hear good news soon. Fingers crossed. Have a lovely weekend. Any fun plans?

@ringo865 continued healing wishes being sent your way.

@marcy how is Marty's back? Hope you have a good Saturday and enjoy. And hope no more snow is coming your way.

@AV_ hope you are having a happy weekend and feel rested and well.

We had a wonderful ride yesterday. Blissful. Windy but good. It is so freeing flying down the shore on the bike. Wind in hair, salty sea air, crisp and bright, a lovely sight. :bigsmile:

Cycling down the trail after the long ride down the shore. On our way back home. Got some rain but it was nice. I of course was protected from most of the rain with my spf canopy made by Greg. It was so nice hearing the rain hit the canopy and I was nice and dry.

cyclingthebayshoretrailafterrain.png

Sunrise this AM

Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 7.06.10 AM.png

My attempt at a pantascopic shot. The sky was changing fast.
pantascopicviewbackyardsunrise.png

Have a wonderful Saturday girls! Happy weekend before Memorial Day weekend. (((Hugs))).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 7.05.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 7.05.53 AM.png
    793.1 KB · Views: 14

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And for Caturday Saturday will share these 2 pics I took last night right before sunset. Look how cute Bobby and Tommy are.
They were glued to looking at the outside. It's a feast for their eyes here. The sea, the birds all the sights and sounds. They love it at the beach house.

bobbyandtommylookingatbacyard.jpeg.png

And when I moved to take the photo of course they turned to check out what was happening lol.

bobbyandtommylookingatme.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Caturday to all our NIRDIs!!!

@missy good news about your new helmuts! John is going to try and ride his bike today (the one he's not ridden yet but bought 2 years ago!).. my knee is bothering me, I had to think I'm getting arthritis in it :( going to buy a knee brace and see how that goes. love you girlie! and Missy, I LOVE your pictures of the view from your beach house, it is fantastic.. nothing is more soothing than an ocean view.. and the cats! they are soo beautiful.. lovely pictures thank you! have a great day. xoxoxoxoxo

@Calliecake what's up with your A/C? when I think broken A/C I think 4K hope yours isn't that bad.

So my big chore for today is to vacuum! it's SHED TIME at my house... I can't keep enough swiffers, our Salley is a huge HUGE shredder.. also she needs a bath (not me! nope but sending her to the groomer this week)..

My granddaughter has turned from the baby from heaven to the baby from hell according to my DIL! hah.. that baby for her first 3 1/2 weeks slept and slept and woke up and ate and slept.. well our little girl seems to be crying! I told my DIL a few weeks ago that when Mike was a newborn he cried so much I thought I was losing my mind.. so I used to put him in his infant carrier and put him on the dryer and turned it on, often he would fall asleep.. so see below picture of Autumn!

autieonthedryer.jpg

I call it AUTIE ON THE DRYER! :)

have a great Saturday ladies.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good morning from Maryland! It took me five hours and fifteen minutes from the time I left my house to pick up David from work and get here. I need to leave earlier but I can’t keep taking David out early..My hubby said to do it until they say something, I was questioning my sanity driving here on a busy Friday..until I saw David smiling at me in my rear view mirror. He loves it at the Maryland house. :mrgreen2:
@missy It’s no wonder Tommy and Bobby love it there...They’re hoping a fish would jump out of the water..It’s every kittie’s dream! Lol They are super adorable!
I’m happy you got some cycling in even though you got a little rain on the way back. I love that he made you a little canopy to keep you dry.. Greg is a man of all trades.. He is amazing. I think he can make anything! He must have been an inventor in another life. The sound system he is making is unbelievable. It’s so funny you call him your old man. He’s a keeper like my hubby.
I bet you are enjoying your beautiful new earrings! What are the size of the diamonds? They look huge!
That ice cream looks delish! :lickout:
@Tekate Thank you for telling me you also worry about your blood test results. It does make me feel better but I don’t like that you worry so long before them. My platelets were below normal last time..and when I saw the graph I realized they have been dropping..I cut out aspartame and cinnamon..to see if it will make a difference. I should cut out wine but I love one glass with my evening meal on Saturday and Sunday. My doctor sent me for an echocardiogram two years ago....It came back that my ejection fraction is borderline and isn’t pumping at full blast. I’m terrified to get that test again..praying it’s not dropping..and I’m heading to heart failure...My father died at 62 from heart failure..My mom’s heart at 93 is stronger than mine..The cardiologist also found a moderately leaking pulmonary valve so I have to get those dreaded echocardiograms every so often and get followed by a cardiologist now. I’m hoping I won’t have to get the valve replaced at some point. I really feel as if my parts are falling off. There will be no talking to me when I have to get the echo again. I’m a happy person except when I have to get medical tests. My doctor says I have a medical PTSD from my melanoma scare where five doctors wrongly thought I had a metastasis. The tests they put me through took months..so very traumatic. Now I panic even when I get blood work. I’m just explaining why I’m crazy right now! :lol:
@Keeliamira How are your daughters and son doing? Yay for your husband’s great interview. I definitely believe in a house being haunted. We could start a thread on that one. I’ve had an experience when I was sixteen at my grandma’s house. A friend of mine had one in a house she moved in to...and had to move. If you or your daughter feels bad energy I would have someone come in that tell you what is there...
Your ring is so pretty! I keep going back to look at it...The color is stunning!
@marcy Ouch that Marty’s back is hurting and he can’t rest it until after his competition. I’m impressed that you also lift. I can’t lift anything without throwing my back out. I’m sure it was from all the things I did to abuse my body when I was younger. I put in a slate walkway once. I also rolled ceilings with paint and wore out my poor neck..Now I pay people to do it..:lol:
Do you think you are safe now from bad weather? It’s supposed to get to 80 today. It’s been raining a lot here in the Northeast. I took Bailey out in my back yard this morning and thought I was in the African jungle...Eveything is overgrown and green! He couldn’t find a flat place to do his wee..:lol:
@junebug I think about you every day and hope little Zoe is comfortable. You are the best momma and she is very lucky to have you look out for her.
@ringo865 I hope you are doing well..and your treatments are going smoothly for you..
@Austina..It’s terrible that Colin has to wait until the end of September for his surgery. Can he be put in a waiting list for the other hospital? Thank goodness he doesn’t have any pain. I know you have your trip coming so maybe it’s good luck.
I loved your photos..I felt like I was there with you!
I read something yesterday that William cheated on Kate when she was pregnant with Louis. It sounds crazy but I would be crushed to think he would do that to Kate..considering the pain his mother felt when his father did that to his mother. I’m hoping it’s a rumor..
Thank you for your kind words about my blood test panic..:kiss2:
@AV_ That cushion you picked out here in PS is so gorgeous. If I want to buy another diamond I’m asking you to help me.
I would be horrified to see a plane fly close to my windows! Does it make your house shake? :eek2:
I hope you enjoy your weekend!
@Sandeek Did you change your name on PS? Did you get the results of the blood test yet? I hope hope hope your infection is gone!
I would also love to see your everyday earrings..
@canuk-gal I LOVE stuffed cabbage..I haven’t made it in a long time because my husband doesn’t like it..but he travels enough that I’m going to make it again. I never made it with red cabbage. You said it had soft leaves so I’m wondering if I would be able to skip the pre-boiling of the cabbage. Do you sweeten the sauce? I never did and prefer it unsweetened..but know lots of people add sugar to it. I grew up in a Polish neighborhood after we moved from Brooklyn. Stuffed cabbage was a once a week treat at our house.
@Calliecake I hope you get your AC fixed soon! I would rather my heat go out in Winter then to have the AC go out when it’s warm outside!
I was stuck in traffic yesterday driving here and saw a car for us! It’s the green one on the left! =)2
479D8A63-20F1-4D31-B0D0-80358F04E226.jpeg

I still don’t have my diamond huggies from David. I also emailed him twice about some things I want him to do..but he hasn’t answered me...I bought an AV hearts and arrows moissy.They will send it directly to him...Maybe I’ll hear from him when he receives it. It’s unusual because he usually gets back to me. I saw he made Hilary Duff her engagement ring..so maybe that’s why! :lol:
I bought myself a little one carat pink tourmaline ring with little channel set diamonds on the shoulders off Ruby Lane....I will stack it on my right hand with bands. I want to add color but I feel like larger rings don’t look good on my right hand. I love them on other people..but when I put them on..it doesn’t look right. I also have ugly hands so that may be the reason..:P2
Enjoy today! :kiss2:

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Caturday to all our NIRDIs!!!

@missy good news about your new helmuts! John is going to try and ride his bike today (the one he's not ridden yet but bought 2 years ago!).. my knee is bothering me, I had to think I'm getting arthritis in it :( going to buy a knee brace and see how that goes. love you girlie! and Missy, I LOVE your pictures of the view from your beach house, it is fantastic.. nothing is more soothing than an ocean view.. and the cats! they are soo beautiful.. lovely pictures thank you! have a great day. xoxoxoxoxo

@Calliecake what's up with your A/C? when I think broken A/C I think 4K hope yours isn't that bad.

So my big chore for today is to vacuum! it's SHED TIME at my house... I can't keep enough swiffers, our Salley is a huge HUGE shredder.. also she needs a bath (not me! nope but sending her to the groomer this week)..

My granddaughter has turned from the baby from heaven to the baby from hell according to my DIL! hah.. that baby for her first 3 1/2 weeks slept and slept and woke up and ate and slept.. well our little girl seems to be crying! I told my DIL a few weeks ago that when Mike was a newborn he cried so much I thought I was losing my mind.. so I used to put him in his infant carrier and put him on the dryer and turned it on, often he would fall asleep.. so see below picture of Autumn!

autieonthedryer.jpg

I call it AUTIE ON THE DRYER! :)

have a great Saturday ladies.
@Tekate We were posting at the same time so just saw this! I remember those crying days...I’d be sleeping on the floor next to the dryer too..I love that sound. She’s so precious!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
@Tekate hi! Glad you are home in your own bed! Two fire alarms, a long drive, and Mr. GP sounds like a not fun combo, lol.

@Austina Thank you for the Bletchley Park photos. They are fabulous! Those stained glass ceilings...swoon! Thank God for the work they did there during the war. Thank you so much for the positive thoughts on the house and Dh’s job offer. They told him the board is meeting today to discuss things and they’ll get back to him shortly. We are crossing fingers! I’m sorry Shirley is having a hard time and hope things have been worked out.

@Slick1 I’m glad it wasn’t too much of a haste to change your screen name. IKWYM about internet anonymity. I hope you’re feeling well!

@Mamabean i am so sorry you are so stressed out about your health and your test results. Everything will be ok. Just breathe.... And PTSD is no fun...medical or otherwise. My daddy passed at 62 from a heart attack and he walked 3 miles a day, ate clean, didn’t drink ornament smoke so I share your concerns regarding heart issues. I hope things resolve without too much additional stress for you. Your new ring sounds lovely! Pics? And yes, we could definitely start a thread on haunted house goings on. I’ve lived in two and my current home is problematic in another way. I think the new house will be ok though. I don’t get the same vibe my daughter does.

@junebug17 thank you so much for your sweet words about the kids, house, job, and ring. All of them are bringing me much joy right now! I’m really glad to hear that Zoe is doing better. Thinking good thoughts for you and Zoe!

@Calliecake oh no! for mom’s back! That’s so hard to deal with as we get older. I’m glad your ac is getting fixed and it wasn’t in the height of summer. My mother spent the entire summer last year trying to get her ac fixed and she lives in San Diego where it was over 100 every day! Miserable. Thank you for the dust and love for ring, job, and house. I’m already picking out floor and paint colors.

@marcy I’m so sorry Marty is gimpy today. I have multiple blown disks in my lower back and can’t imagine doing anything close to what he undertakes. Sending healing thoughts! Good for you for lifting! Sore arms are definitely a good thing! Thanks for he good thoughts!

@missy yay for spontaneous beach-housing! It sounds so lovely. I used to love going out to the beach house in Montauk when I lived in Manhattan. I’m sorry your labs are out of what. Sooo frustrating but I hope your not feeling to poorly. Thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures! They are always great.

This weekend Dh is in Nebraska visiting his dad. His dad has cancer and is not doing well. I’m holding down the fort and taking three kids to birthday parties, two to study groups for finals, and went to the park this morning with a couple of them for a bit of running around and climbing. My 13 year old was thrilled to discover my knee high vintage doc marten boots from my high school days fit her and is proudly stomping around in her version of a skater-punk outfit. I’ll have to take a picture to share. She is my joy! Other than that, my weekend is laundry and grocery shopping...and trying to find another real estate agent t to list our house. I’m not a fan of the one we’ve interviewed so far
Have a beautiful weekend NIRIDIs!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I crack myself up

upload_2019-5-18_15-35-27.png
Haha! He’s probably dreaming someone is watching him! :lol:Thank goodness he doesn’t have a hole in his sock! :P2

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
So I’m sitting at a birthday party with a dozen screaming 13 year olds cooking cupcakes. It’s is sooooo loud! :lol-2: Here’s a pic of my sweet dd2 in my docs. She somehow managed to “skater-punk” style in jewelry from both Cartier and Tiffany’s. That’s my girl! :mrgreen2:
95CBA06C-330C-47B2-8A1B-84396BC3249D.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I’m sitting at a birthday party with a dozen screaming 13 year olds cooking cupcakes. It’s is sooooo loud! :lol-2: Here’s a pic of my sweet dd2 in my docs. She somehow managed to “skater-punk” style in jewelry from both Cartier and Tiffany’s. That’s my girl! :mrgreen2:
95CBA06C-330C-47B2-8A1B-84396BC3249D.jpeg
She is too cute! You’re a good momma!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s! I am so far behind!

AV, someday you’ll look back on this and go - I am so glad I’m not dealing with that anymore. Continued good luck to you.

Missy, I am glad you can use your finger and I bet it will get better with time. That is cool Greg likes rebuilding stereos and amplifiers. Marty took an Aleve this morning and did lift okay. I lifted again today as well and my allergies are in full screw you mode so it seemed more difficult that normal. But I managed to get all my sets done. Yay for being done with OT and sweet you headed to the beach house. That ice cream looks divine and the mama with her goslings is adorable. Nice that you got free ice cream. Great poem about our Kate the Great! Wonderful photos; I love the action shot out on the bike and gorgeous sunrise. Bobby and Tommy are adorable looking out the window and then look back at you. I love it. Good plan to replace your helmets. I think I need one is general.

Austina, I am sorry to hear about the man you worked with and what he went through. I only know some of what my friend went through; my sister is always so secretive about her husband’s family and all she would say is Connie was amount the same. It had to be hard on her family watching her suffer. They have a son and a daughter and one grandson. Connie was always happy, kind and patient. I was friends with her in college before her brother and my sister started dating. Pretty sad. Marty upped his pain reliever today so I am guessing he is going to continue pushing forward with competing. No point trying to argue with him on it; he could rightly turn on me about why don’t you go to a doctor? Ha Ha. I hate to hear how upset Shirley got, things must be so stressful, uncertain and confusing for her so her emotions are probably in high gear making them difficult to control. I am sorry she and her family are going through so much. I feel for them. I think it was a good idea to email her with info about you trip. How was the beach and the pub?

Kate, I love the picture of the sweet and cute kitties. The ago old dilemma, we want a new diamond but don’t want to spend the money. That is one reason I love good upgrade policies. I am sure you’ll find the perfect place in Texas when the time is right. We don’t get the grumpy’s too often but it’s going to happen. I bet you are happy to be home. Oh no for knee pain. Knee pain go away and leave Kate alone! That’s pretty cool about the drying working to put babies to sleep. I did chuckle that Autie has turned from the baby from heaven to the baby from hell. I always say I won’t babysit until the kid is old enough to tell me what they want or need. I can handle that; babies not so much.

Mamabean, too funny - Marty should get the feeling someone is staring at him. He has been awake for about 30 minutes now and hasn’t noticed the puppy yet. I keep almost laughing but I’m trying not to give it away. Sorry your trip is so long but how wonderful to enjoy the smile from David in your mirror. Sweet. I hate to hear about your past test results and can understand why you worry. Sending you mega dust that all tests from now on are good. Thank you and I am impressed I can lift too. I notice overhead presses make my right eye kind of want to twitch. Deadlifts are easier for me. Marty thinks I should be more aggressive at add weight all the time but I figure anything is better than nothing. I bet painting like that was quite a challenge. We do have snow in the forecast tonight and Monday though accumulation isn’t expected to be much. We are now going in to the severe thunderstorm season - while the weather is warmer I guess blizzards are better than golf ball sized or larger hail. Why do I live here again? I am glad you are warm and green; too cute Bailey has a hard time finding a spot to pee. Darn you don’t have your huggies yet. Hopefully soon. Sweet to the tourmaline ring; post pictures please. Isn’t it funny how rings look great on someone else then you hate them on you? I luckily don’t like the huge stones on me - saves me money.

Keeliamira, I am sorry to hear about your dad. My dad was 86 and very healthy, not on any medicine and died from a heart attack. He’d just had a complete physical a few weeks before that happened. I guess we never know. I hate to hear about your back; I bet that gives you fits frequently. Sorry. Marty is still pretty gimped up but his lifted today and didn’t back off the weight on bit. He sure wants me to keep feeling his water cup though so he doesn’t have to get up and do it himself. I was going to wash my new sheets but I need his help lifting the mattress. He said he’s not going to lift a mattress right now. I might try it anyway; he’s not the only stubborn one in this house. Ha Ha. Sorry to hear about your’d DH’s dad. You have a busy weekend planned with the kids. I hope you find a good real estate agent; maybe ask friends or people at work. We had an awful agent; when someone asks me for recommendations I say “not …”. DD2 is adorable and looks fabulous in your boots.

I’ve been busy since about 8 this morning and still have too much to do. Phooey. Laundry is about 1/2 done. We went out to lunch and picked up some groceries. We didn’t go to the memorial service this weekend; it is in Texas. We are going to the funeral on Wednesday which will be in Nebraska. I got flowers sent to both funerals just a while ago. I am making cookies and blueberry muffins to take to my sister; she always makes things for people when they lose someone so I thought that would be nice. Since Marty has been gimped up he has stuff setting around every where so I need to pick that up. The cleaning lady comes Monday so I get everything put away before she comes. I picked up sympathy cards and graduation cards today and need to get them ready to mail. And then I am going to work my article. I need to go back to work to rest up.

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, The pictures you took are beautiful. How many miles did you ride today? We had storms this afternoon. I hope they are not headed your way.

@junebug17, I hope Zoe is doing well and you are having a good weekend. Are you doing anything fun.

@Tekate, The picture of Autumn is precious. She is too cute. I’m guessing you are having withdrawals being so far away from her. I’m not sure If this will work for Autie but I’ve had two friends swear by Merlin Magic Sleep Suit for their grandchildren. Their daughters say the sleep suit saved their sanity. I’m assuming Cara and Mike run the air conditioner so it may work for Autie. The suit looks like it would be warm so that could be a problem with them living in Austin. They are $40 on Amazon and I believe Target also carries them. It’s worth a try. My nieces have been very lucky with their babies being good sleepers. I remember driving around in the car for hours with one of my nieces trying to get her to fall sleep when she was a baby. We tease her and tell her she had fear of missing out long before it was a thing.

@Austina , I’m so sorry about Shirley. This doesn’t sound good at all. Has she been diagnosed by a doctor? I must have missed something in a post as I thought she was dealing with grief, which is terrible in itself, but it sounds like much more is going on. I feel bad for J too. It had to have hurt to hear Shirley say those things to her. Could they move Shirley to California? You missed the fun part of having a brand new house. You are supposed to love everything in it!

Oh @Mamabean, I can relate to being able to handle cold temps much better than heat. I’m the same way. I’ll write more about it below. I can’t wait to see the earrings DK is making for you. Wow Joanne, that is a lot of hours in the car. You must be exhausted when you arrive at your home. Does David handle long car rides well? You have quite the taste in cars LOL. Unfortunately there is no Bentley in my future. I’m the same way with waiting for medical test results. I’m sorry you are going thru this.

@marcy, LOL the picture of Marty. Is his back feeling any better? It must hurt him pretty bad if he says he doesn’t want to lift the mattress. Please have him take it easy, you too Marcy. You don’t want to do anything to hurt your back.

@Slick1, I’m sorry to hear you are dealing with more issues. I can’t wait for you to finally be able to put this chapter completely behind you.

@Keeliamira, Sending well wishes to your FIL. You had a very busy day. I love the pics and comments you make about your backyard. It so nice to have a peaceful place outside to go and just sit when life gets crazy. Your daughter is a cutie. It looks like your boots no longer belong to you LOL. Sending more dust for the job offer to come through.

We worked in the yard, and went to get plants for the planters today. The AC company called yesterday and said they were covering the costs of fixing the air conditioner. It’s only a year and a half old. Hopefully they will get the part and fix it Monday or Tuesday. I had to laugh when my husband said the guy they sent out to figure out what the problem was remembered me. He told DH he had been to our home to repair the furnace a few years ago. He said it was 58 degrees in your house and your wife said she thought the temperature was comfortable. She only called because the furnace made a weird noise when it turned on. DH asked him if was understanding why the AC not working is a big deal. She would be thrilled if the temp in the house was 55 degrees everyday. How I wish men had to deal with hot flashes.

Last edited:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, Marty's back is not better. Poor guy. Too funny you'd be happy with the house at 55 degrees; I'd be wearing full winter gear and thinking I'm going to die. :lol: Glad to hear you are starting on your planters. I need to get out there and pull up the leftovers from last year. Every time I think of it the wind is awful; go figure.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@marcy IHMO, Marty's back is saying the right thing - the art is the tuning of the bones, not the lifting of the weights.

@Calliecake Winter is when I am happy to have a fever; too bad those cannot be willed I/O - heating the outside is never as good.

@Mamabean I cannot find that sort of diamond unless they are there - most of the time, the only way I know to get them any time is calling YF.

@Keeliamira You are good at steering a storm! (or three, at a time)
Then, those boots ,) I lived down a couple of pairs of their kind all through the college winters & beyond; the rest doesn't match - no one has managed to pull a hem above my knees & live.

-

I do not know which mentions I am missing ,(( life is a riot.

Have a great NIRDI Sunday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Sunday.

@junebug17 continued good thoughts and (((hugs))) being sent your way. I hope your weekend is going well.

@Tekate aww I hate that your knee is bothering you. Arthritis can be so painful. Greg has the same issue and both knees need to be replaced probably before the year is up. Hoping you are feeling better today. How did John's bike ride go? I hope he got to cycle and enjoyed it and that one day you can join him. Aww sweet Autie (haha autocorrects to cutie and both apply :kiss2:) and I hope being on the washing machine with the vibrations helped calm her. She is a sweet girl and even when she is having a cry she is precious. Of course better you deal with angelic Autie than crying Autie. THat's what parents are for and grandparents are to enjoy the best of the grandchildren. You already did your time with your kids if you kwim.:whistle:

@marcy I am sorry your allergies are in full bloom. Everyone here is suffering too. It was the topic of conversation wherever we went yesterday. #Funny/Not funny. My allergies aren't bad though and hope that continues. I hope yours abate soon. It is supposed to rain here the next couple of days so that should wash away the pollen. I am so sorry Marty's back isn't better. Ugh.

@Mamabean gee where are your David earrings? I know they will be stunning :love: but I imagine you want to know the update and are excited to finally get them. C'mon David we need our, ermm:oops2: I mean Joanne's earrings.:sun: On Amazon Prime Fleabag season 2 has arrived. I love that show. Not sure if you will as it is a bit off color but if you are looking for something to watch check it out and let me know what you think. I love British shows. They never disappoint us. Smart, sharp, sassy and the humor is so good. For us that is. I hope you are finding things to enjoy on Amazon. Hope you are having a lovely weekend and staying cool. I think it is warmer by you than us this weekend Joanne. Thank you for your kind compliments and yes we are lucky women. Our men "get" us and are sweet souls to boot. That is one area of my life that is pretty darn perfect.:kiss2:

@Slick1 how are you doing? Hope your weekend is continuing to go well. (((HUGS))) to you and of course bucketloads of continued healing dust. XOXO.

@Keeliamira aww your DD2 is so beautiful and wow I love your new boots. Right up my alley. :kiss2: I am sorry about your DH's dad and hope he has a good visit with him. Wow to holding down the fort and all those parties this weekend. Hope you are having a fun time despite having to manage all by yourself. Good luck finding a capable and personable real estate agent to list your house. That is critical I agree to finding reliable buyers and having a smooth sale.

@Calliecake fingers crossed for Monday/Tuesday AC fix. We hope to get a ride in today as the rain is supposed to leave by this morning. Tomorrow not so sure as it looks like a rainy day. But we have errands to run and miscellaneous stuff to take care of so it won't be a wasted day either way. Yesterday we rode 60 miles. Not bad for this couple who collectively is 114 years old.:P2 Glad you enjoyed planting yesterday. Love looking at beautiful gardens.

@AV_ I hope your busy schedule is producing for you and that all is going smoothly.

Hi @Austina hope you're having a good weekend.

Hello @canuk-gal thinking of you and sending (((hugs))).

We rode 60 miles yesterday. First 60 mile ride of the year I believe. Woohoo.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.31.35 AM.png

And we saw a fantastic vintage car show in Ocean Grove too. We also stopped at our favorite bike shop in Brielle (30 miles from our beach house but used to be right near our previous beach house) and I cleaned up lol. Kathy gave me 50% off full price cycling jerseys (she's so sweet) so I couldn't resist that right?

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.30.57 AM.png

I got 5 cycling jerseys (light blue, red, navy, grey and black) and beautiful new cycling shoes too. Sweet. It was a perfect day. Cycling, shopping (I made some great cycling purchases yesterday...score!), kitties, vintage cars, ice cream and the sand, sea and my dh. And of course PS and bling. A complete day in every way.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.28.07 AM.png

Just a taste of the vintage cars from the show yesterday. All on my IG page if you're interested.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.29.00 AM.png

and of course the requisite ice cream photo. This is so yummy and dairy free. Wow I'm lucky that I live in this day and age because dairy free/gluten free/soy free is much more common now than 50 years ago.

daysicecreammay2019.png

Have a wonderful day ladies! (((Hugs))).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.30.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.30.57 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another beautiful sunrise here this AM. The colors are unreal. Sharing with you lovely ladies. I hope a Super Sunday is enjoyed by everyone. (((HUGS))).

Can you see the birds in the water? So peaceful and happy.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 6.44.36 AM.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy you are the best and thank you for all your wonderfu words, lucky me! the ice cream looks soooo good.. as I've aged I've become less of a chocolate fan and more of a chocolate mixed with vanilla.. I love black and white milkshakes and used to get them at Carvel when I was a kid (and strawberry shakes too, real strawberries!).. notice I segue to food first? :) My knee is better today, yesterday I took an Aleve and that helps a lot, BUT I got an aura yesterday then the dreaded headache came about 45 minutes later... I seem to be getting more aura/migraines as I age, going to see my doc this week and will mention it to her. First time I had an aura, I didn't get a headache, but after that I always get a nasty headache, but it's not debilitating like some people get. I had menstrual migraines for my whole reproductive life and didn't even know it was a migraine, I thought it was a 'period headache' but my sister never got it (nor did she get the cramps from hell either).. long time ago (my 50s hahaha).. Tonite it the last GOT, I'm betting that Jaime Lancaster lived and will kill Kaleesi, the Mother of Dragons, then Jon will kill Jaime and Jon will be the Queen's Hand. :) I saw your IG this a.m. and love the pix as always Missy, not only are you one of the finest people I know, YOU CAN TAKE PICTURES! Have a beautiful Sunday and week too, hope everyone is feeling well in your family... all love to you as you know. xoxoxo added: I much more enjoy British shows vs American ones, first of all and foremost British actors look real, they look like people you would meet in your neighborhood, American shows are full of beautiful people, usually REALLY beautiful people and I think it causes younger women a feeling of low self esteem, I like to see normal, young, beautiful women on telelvision, so the normal, young beautiful American girls don't have to worry about looking like a Kardashian or Jolie.. just me I guess. :) xo

@Mamabean I don't remember if you paid David for your earrings? I bought a ring from him at MrsB's get together and they forgot about my order (he photographed my visa card!) didn't remember which one I bought when I contacted him months later, then did, then forgot again, then I emailed his assistant and my ring came pretty fast after that, it was just an inexpensive stacker and I wasn't made, the beauty that comes out of his studio astounds me, I just oogle his IG every day! I'd have him do a ring for me again. Altho it's annoying to keep 'wondering' hope you get your earrings soon. Have a wonderful Sunday.

@marcy your husband's back and allergies for you? I'm sorry, normally in Austin I get allergies but this year it rained so much in Atown that the only bother I have right now is MAINE :) Hope you bitchy employee quits, you are the patience of a saint girl.. Hope your husband feels better and you too.. have a good week Marcy girl, and Marcy you are right about the ring, if I upgrade with Whiteflash I can turn in my 3 stone for something more substantial.. Today I was thinking about what John and I want in our house in TX to be, I want a pool, and he wants solar panels, we are planning on building in TX, buying a condo in PA, so this means we will be spending MORE.. so I decided rather than use money John could use for the panels I wll trade up with WF, I think. I still have to go to OWD with Missy to be sure.. it's a tough call.. I plan to keep my good old engagement ring and place it in a pendant, just a semi bezel pendant I think, not sure.. but at that point I should be almost done with jewelry other than just vicariously living thru the NIRDI's and PSers! hope Marty's back get's better.. make that bed! (but don't hurt yourself)!!!

@Calliecake bummer on the A/C.. of course it's still chilly here in Maine so we don't need it yet but I am a warm blooded animal and hate the heat, give me cold any day, if our A/C goes out, I buy fans and whine. :) Yes I do miss Autumn... Hopefully when I call Mike today we will use facetime or something like that... we used to use google talk but it's gone now I believe. Thank you for the info on the Magic Suit, I just went over to look at them, think I'll buy one and send it to them today! thank you Callie girl :mrgreen2::mrgreen2:

@Keeliamira awwww the picture of DD2 is wonderful, she looks sooo early teen! lucky you you lucky lady! thank you for sharing a picture of her ... she is sk8r girlie there! The whole drive from Austin to Maine was fun in a way, we are just getting tooooo old to do it in a short a time as we did this time.. and having Salley slows us down, not that I would have it any other way, love my dog..Also, finding a good real estate agent makes all the difference.. hope all goes well, hubster nabs the job and you move!

@AV_ hope all is well girl! xoxo

@Slick1 well, I go to the OS this week and the ID doc next week, verdict will be in on where I'm going to with my jaw, hopefully infection has cleared.. PLease! I am so sick of antibiotics.. as you KNOW better than me.. Hope the weather is good for you and the family, we are overcast up here in Maine.. xoxoxo

@junebug17 Hi Girlie! hope you have a wonderful Sunday and week! xoxoxo (how's the pup?)

Well today is overcast here, doing more laundry, had a tick on my head and freaked out.. Team Leader informed me that it's better to not freak out and throw the tick into the rug, fair enough but I as in react mode.. ha! going to call Katie today see what is happening in Brooklyn, call Chris to see what is happening in Brooklyn :), my brother will call me, so I will be busy yakking and folding laundry and making nachos for dinner! Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday and it's great to be back, if Mike sends my any pix of Autumn I'll post them later! xoxoxo to everyone

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Calliecake That car is too rich for my blood too. I won’t buy a Range Rover either..although I love the looks of it...My husband keeps asking me if I made a decision in case one of our cars need major work...This way the choice is narrowed down...I’m leaning towards the Mercedes 350..but I like the older version style better...I wish they didn’t have the huge Mercedes symbol in the front though. I saw the 300 and thought it was cute..but there wouldn’t be enough room for Bailey in the back on the LONG trips to Maryland. I don’t want a huge one either...Decisions..;-)

@Tekate..David has always answered me within a few days...He did contact me when he did the first pair of huggies..but he made them too small. We had decided to have the diamonds a little bigger..My mom bought me a pair of diamond huggies for Christmas but you truly couldn’t see the diamonds. I told him I wanted the diamonds a little bigger than my diamonds in the cushion halo he made me. We discussed this before he made the smaller pair. He even told me that he made a mistake. I expected him to do a quicker turnaround since it was his error. It looks more like I’m back in the rotation starting at the beginning again. I also bought an adorable bitty diamond cluster ring that needs to be sized and a remake of a DBTY bracelet. I have a .72 Tiffany pendant that I would like to have a halo added to increase the size. I sent him two emails and he never responded. I know he’s busy but have someone else answer me..It makes me feel bad...I know they’re not huge purchases but my huggies weren’t cheap..I didn’t pay him yet. He does ask before that if everything is to your liking..After you sign off he sends a PayPal request..

@Keeliamira Your daughter is a cutie...what a brave woman to have that many teenagers under one roof! :lol:

@missy Thank you so much for the Amazon recommendations..We are almost ready..We’re finishing up our present shows..My husband likes to keep our viewing tidy..:lol:

@Tekate I love my husband but he’s a grump..I don’t know if you remember I have a bad husband wall where I collect antique cake plates for when he’s so bad but I don’t want to fuel the fire. I can give it back..but pick my battles.

I had more to say but I hear my hubby coming downstairs..I have to get David ready..Talk to you girls later!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI’s!

AV, I agree - Marty’s back is telling him something; he is ignoring it though.

Missy, no that Greg’s knees are close to needing replaced. I’m hanging on to mine until they pick me up off the floor. Thank you for wishing my allergies get better soon, I am hoping the same. Woo hoo for getting in a 60 mile ride yesterday and of course got to enjoy some ice cream. Gorgeous photos. I love the classic car. Beautiful sunrise.

Kate, I am a total fan of mixing vanilla and chocolate. When we go to Cold Stone Creamery I get cake batter and chocolate side by not, not mixed then get a bite of each in my spoon. Glad your knee is doing better. I hope your Maine allergies aren’t bad. Wouldn’t that be great if my problem children quit? Doing their work would be less work for me. Good idea to get the place you want in Texas and have a condo in PA. That’s a tough call getting a diamond from OWD or upgrading with WF. Putting your GOG diamond in a pendant is a great idea. I was checking upgrade prices last night on my studs; it’s not worth if. I was toying with larger diamonds and putting them in lever back dangles. If I went down in color I could go bigger but I am a colorless diamond girl. I could go from .50 to .60 easily but I’d rather wait until I could afford larger diamonds for dangles. I did make the bed and didn’t have any problems. Comments on those sheets included the fitted sheet was too loose; it was but that made it easier to make the bed. Ha! Sending you mega dust your jaw infection is gone. Oh no to finding a tick on your head. I would be screaming like a little kid! Nachos for supper sound great.

Mamabean, good luck with your car decision. That is nice David has you sign off on things before requesting payment. If it is a custom job does he ask for payment anyway?

I am whittling down my list. I finished and sent off my article. I still have to deposit some checks for the astronomy club, change the tablecloth and wash the one I’m changing out. Fix supper and do dishes. Supper should be easy; I have a roast in the crock pot and potatoes baking in the oven. Sweet. I got the cookies and muffins baked and in the freezer. We did like the new sheets. Snow is in our forecast again but mostly in nearby mountains.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

@Tekate I hope your knees are continuing to feel better. Argh to your migraines. I am so sorry honey. That sucks. :knockout: I hope your head is not hurting today and that you are feeling well and strong. Thank you so much for all your wonderful comments. You are a love. (((HUGS))). I cannot read what you wrote re GOT as Greg and I are saving it for another date and have not started rewatching it at all yet. We cannot watch the current season til we rewatch the previous ones as my memory is not great. I also enjoy seeing real people on TV/movies etc. Much healthier body images all around. I love Project Runway and they did a few shows with "Plus" size models. I say plus size in quotations because they are a size 12 which really is not so plus but more the average American (European?) woman. Anyway it is good to see that incorporated in more areas of tv and movie viewing. Still not enough but it's a start. Vanilla is usually one of my favorite flavors if done right. However when I was younger oh my I loved Ben and Jerry's Heathbar crunch. YUMMMMMMM.:lickout: And let me tell you I could easily eat a pint at a sitting or more. Yup they don't call it the freshman 10 (or was it 15?) for nothing lol.

Did you chat with Kate or Mike or Chris? How are they doing? How's it going in Brooklyn? We might head there later for a round trip to pick up some stuff. I don't want to deal with the traffic but if we are staying here for the next few weeks I have to get some stuff. It's going to hit mid to high 80s today. Oy vey. And LOL. Cmon Spring don't leave us now.

@Mamabean No worries! I just linked them for you whenever you are ready. We just finished Season 2 (and rewatched season 1 first lol) of Fleabag. Love that show. I am curious if you like it or not so please let me know when you do get to watch. Hope you had a good rest of the weekend and are having a nice Monday.

@marcy how is Marty feeling today? Hope his back is better. Glad you like your new sheets. Good luck with work today and may it go smoothly. Yes to finishing your article. And hope you accomplished all you wanted to yesterday. it's always sweet to whittle down that To Do list. I have lots on mine and am accomplishing nothing. ::) But at least we are having fun right? Oh no to snow and may it stay in the mountains and away from you. It's almost June lol. Umm did you say muffins and cookies? Hand them over girlfriend. It's not nice to tease and now I am hungry for some baked goods at 7:30 AM. :P2 Have a good Monday.

@Slick1 woohoo for 2 short weeks and longer weekends. Hope you are doing OK and feeling OK and that nothing hurts. Sending you (((Hugs))) and continued healing vibes. XO.

We had a great ride yesterday despite very windy conditions which are continuing all week. But it makes for a good workout that is for sure.

Our approach over the highway. Look at that gorgeous sky yesterday AM right after the rain.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.24.57 AM.png

and of course we enjoyed Ice cream at Days.

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.24.36 AM.png

and we "only" cycled 50 miles yesterday. Those were some strong winds we were fighting. 50 miles felt like 70 lol

Screen Shot 2019-05-20 at 7.24.13 AM.png

Today is mainly dry (and warm) but we are forgoing cycling today as we have many other things we need to accomplish. Heading to NYC later to pick up some things and also need to go to UPS to drop off my Cologuard test which I did this AM. I am a few years overdue so wanted to just get it done. Fingers crossed those results are A OK. Need to also go to Costco after the NYC run and Greg has some work to do also. So it's going to be a busy day and just hoping we don't hit much traffic.

Have a wonderful Monday ladies and hugs to you all.:wavey:

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@marcy I'm going to put my currrent diamond that we bought in 88 in the diamond district into a pendant and upgrading to a new stone with WF and to turn in my 3 stone trellis as part of what the upgrade. I gave my GOG AVC to my son Michael to make into an engagement ring for Cara 2 years ago.. not sure what I'm going to do actually :)

I started this last night then stopped so I'm just gonna post this for you and read if anything else is new! xoxox

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

@Calliecake we definitely think there’s more going on with Shirley than grief. We’ve noticed over the last few years that she’s been getting confused, not remembering things, and ‘remembering’ things that didn’t happen. She was convinced last week that she and Bob had been to Bletchley Park with us. Her son thinks it’s the effects of long term use of Tramadol. I’m beginning to think it’s probably dementia. I’ve suggested to her DIL that when they get back to Texas, she schedule a Dr’s appt. either on the pretext of a medication review or a general physical, and see if they can get her assessed. She’s hating it in California, and wants to go home, which she’ll be doing in a couple of weeks. Her son and DIL took her there after Bob’s death because they didn’t want to leave her alone because frankly, I don’t think she’d have been able to cope. Of course, she’s convinced nothing’s wrong with her, when it very clearly is.

I hope your A/C is all fixed now..

Any news @Keeliamira , I’m really hoping your DH has heard back about the job and they haven’t kept you waiting any longer? Your DD is really rocking those Doc Martins, I expect she was the envy of her friends.

Thanks @Tekate, Colin and I have been discussing Shirley’s issues, and have written each other The Letter, basically saying that we believe there’s a problem, and that we need to accept it, and seek medical help, not bury our heads in the sand and refuse to believe it. We’re going to give a copy to Adam, so that he can be backup to whichever one of us feels the need to bring out the letter. Of course, Colin being Colin, said to me “Where’s The Letter” this afternoon, when I couldn’t remember something :lol:

Ooo goody, I can’t wait to see what you’re going to upgrade to, just wish I was in Austin at the time if you’re going to Whiteflash, I’d love to go and ogle diamonds there.

We found sticking Adam in the car and going for a drive around the block calmed him to sleep when he got whingey.

That was quite a trip @Mamabean, brightened by seeing David’s face in the rear view mirror. I’ve always loved Range Rovers, but I wouldn’t have one either, they’re not particularly reliable, and every part on them costs the earth. The garage would sometimes bring me a Range Rover when they came to collect the Discovery for servicing, I did enjoy driving it, they’re very comfortable. Boo to your earrings still not being ready, you’re being very patient, I’m not sure I would be, although I’m sure they’ll be worth the wait.

I saw your photo of the snow on FB @marcy :-o not quite tropical weather here, but it’s been lovely and warm. Our beach walk on Saturday was glorious, turned out to be much nicer than we expected. How’s Marty’s back today? I”m sorry your allergies have been playing up, that can’t be much fun for you. Good job on keeping lifting, I’m sure it’s doing you some good. Sounds like you’ve had a busy weekend and really got on with things.

Wow, you’re really clocking up the miles @missy, I’m amazed Greg can cycle that much with dodgy knees. If he has them replaced, you’ll have your own Six Million Dollar Man :mrgreen2: How’re feeling, are you doing OK? Lovely photos of the classic cars and scenery, that must’ve been fun stopping to look at them, and of course, the ice cream stop :lickout:

Keeping you and little Zoe in my thoughts @junebug17 and hoping she’s continuing to do OK.

Hope you’ve had a good weekend @AV_

The beach walk and pub were good, quite a few people turned up, and Dottie enjoyed her splashes in the sea.

I got the wall in the sitting room repaired yesterday, so that’s out of the way.

I got bombarded by 7 emails from Shirley on Fri/Sat, all extremely angry, so I decided that I needed to say something. I told her I was saddened by her anger, and felt that now the return journey has been sorted out, it was time for her to put the issue behind her and move on. Harbouring bad feelings wouldn’t make for an amicable atmosphere when they were living together and that I was sure it would make it so much easier for her son if he knew they were getting along together. Her response seemed more reasonable than previous emails, so I’m hoping she’s thought about what I said.

Another lovely day here, got on with my housework so the house is clean for now :D

Hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a happy Monday. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

Missy, glad you got in a nice ride yesterday and some more delicious ice cream. I am freezing right now but ice cream sounds great. Marty's back is not better. Poor guy. We did wake up to snow on the ground and it's snowing right now. They are calling for 5 to 8 inches through tomorrow. Yes, having fun is way more fun that working on things on our to do list. I hope you had fun going back to NYC and running errands today.

Kate, all of your diamond updates and ideas sounds great. I can't wait to see what you decide. Very cool to give your AVC to Micheal for Cara's ring. Sometimes I think of using my studs with my solitaire and have a 3 stone made - and I really think of doing that with my EC ring and EC studs.

Austina, that is too bad about Shirley; hopefully her son and DIL do get her in for a checkup. It sounds like she has some memory issues. I am glad your suggestion she work on her anger seemed to calm her down. That is a good idea to write the letter and give them to Adam. My dad dealt with my mom's failing health and mental capacity and I figured I'd be dealing with my dad when he got there but he was fine until the last moment. I'd say that's a better outcome but none of us can pick what happens. At least most of the snow melted last night but it's snowing again now. I may need a limo service again in the morning. Glad you are enjoying nice weather. Marty's back is about the same. He isn't lifting tonight and I didn't ask about that. My allergies are way better today - must be the cold and snow. :lol: I agree, the lifting is probably good for me. My legs are really stiff today but that's a good thing.

I can see white roof tops through the front door and big old flakes coming down through the window behind me. Winter is BACK.
I was cold at work all day and think I'll crank on the fireplace here shortly. I had soup for supper and that helped warm me up.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Tuesday!

@marcy oh my the weather has gone mad. Snow by you and it was in the 90s by us yesterday lol. You cannot make this stuff up. I am sorry Marty's back is hurting him so much and really hope it improves soon. Has he decided what he is going to do about the competition? It was a busy day for us yesterday but we accomplished all we wanted to so yay for that. Went to Brooklyn and back to the beach yesterday and traffic was not bad thank goodness. Picked up what I needed to and also went to Costco and Whole Foods and we are set for a while. Woke up this AM and it is crisp and cool out. The opposite weather of the 90s we had yesterday. And very windy so it should make for an interesting bike ride today. Soup for supper sounds yummy on a cold winter's, umm I mean summer's, no I mean spring evening. :lol: Thank goodness for fireplaces and fans and AC and Heat and often we use them all in the same day.:lol-2:

@Tekate how lovely of you to give Michael your AVC for Cara's ER. You are so wonderful to do that. Cannot wait to see what you make for yourself.

@Austina really a shame about Shirley and one wonders if her DH's death sped up her mental decline. I believe it is possible to have a broken heart when one loses a beloved one and also believe it is possible to have a broken mind from grief. We hear about couples who die close to each other in time and I do think that often it is from a broken heart.:cry2:

Glad the wall in the sitting room is repaired and good for you completing your housework yesterday. I have to say I have been quite negligent in that department and have not contacted our cleaning crew either as Greg would like me to do. It is so intrusive mainly for the kitties and I loathe to put them through that but I know I need to contact them soon.

@Slick1 hope yesterday was a good day and hope you are feeling much better today and less nauseous. (((Hugs))). Short week and longer weekends coming. Hang in there. XO.

@Mamabean I think the heat we had yesterday was the heat you had this past weekend...is that right? How is your week going? Hope you are enjoying and are our earrings (umm I mean your earrings 8)) almost ready? Did David come through? We are (im)patiently waiting...:wink2:

So yesterday evening we turned on the TV to watch one of the HGTV Beach hunter shows and lo and behold our next door neighbors house (they sold last summer) was on the show and our new neighbors were the one house hunting and of course we knew how that episode was going to end. So funny we saw them and the house on TV! LOL it was just too funny and I saved the episode don't ask me why but we both were sort of tickled pink to see it on TV. And sort of surprised our new neighbors were OK with being on TV house hunting. :sun: We did catch glimpses of our house too of course from the front and back and I have to say it was looking quite lovely.

Yesterday was productive and today we are hoping to be cycling much of the day despite the high winds. We are not going to let 20 plus mph winds get the better of us.:P2
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

LOL look at the photo Greg surreptitiously took (I had no clue until this AM as I was looking through the camera roll lol) last night as we were hanging out watching HGTV. I was surrounded by kitties. Business as usual.:bigsmile:

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 5.47.21 AM.png

I had a blanket on me because we had the AC cranked up since it was hot outside. Speaking of which @Calliecake just one more day for your AC to be fixed woohoo.

Have a lovely day ladies and sending all of you hugs.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Greg went through our security camera photos for the past 2 days and look what he found haha. A short video of us cycling onto our property. I took a few screenshots from that video to share here.
bikebikebike.gif
bikebikebike.gif

missyandgregcyclingintodriveway.jpeg.png

missyandgregcyclingintodriveway2.png

missyandgregcyclingintodriveway.png

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 6.45.46 AM.png

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello lovelies

How funny your neighbours property was on the show @missy. Your beach house is a very pretty house, so I’m not surprised it showed well on the programme. Cute pix of the kitties, which one is missing?

That was lucky that the traffic wasn’t bad for your quick trip back to the city, makes all the difference having a clear run.

Wow, you’re really getting lots of extra exercise cycling in to the wind, I hope it wasn’t too strong and you enjoyed a lovely day in the fresh air.

Poor Marty @marcy, has he pulled out of the competition? Your weather is crazy ATM, I was going to post a photo of the lovely sunshine, but thought that’d just be mean :D The only consolation for you is that it’s damped down all the allergens. How’s work going, is Moaning Minnie behaving herself?

Went to Pilates this morning, and spent the afternoon doing more cleaning, washing and ironing more bedding and hanging it outside to air.

I hope all the lovely NIRDIs are having a good day. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results