shape
carat
color
clarity

My 2.35ct H VS1 CBI on a Boone titanium tension setting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reactions: AV_

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this SO much!!! Details on the width / style of the setting? I really want a tension set ring, and love this one!
This is Boone's Venus style setting. The top is 8.50mm wide same width as the stone. I asked Boone to taper the ring down to 7.5mm at the bottom.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, DF, it's stunning! :dance:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few shots from HPD
Front-view-on-quartz.jpg

Front-view-on-brown.jpg

Downward-facing-side-view.jpg

:think:...Hmmm, from looking at the pics Boone may not have tapered the ring down to 7.5mm as I requested. The ring looks the same width from top to bottom.
Front-view-on-lapis.jpg

Front-view-on-lapis.jpg

Don't know why I can't copy and paste pics from my Email ..
Idunno1.gif

Front-view-on-lapis.jpg

Last edited:

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
@Dancing Fire that is such an awesome ring and such a beautiful diamond! Congratulations! I don't know how you had the patience to wait seven weeks. I also don't know how you had the grit to hold off of the 2.6 carat H that you were also considering.

Why isn't there a drooling emoticon??? :confused: That would be so perfect right now!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous DF! Enjoy it, can't wait to see handshots!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire that is such an awesome ring and such a beautiful diamond! Congratulations! I don't know how you had the patience to wait seven weeks. I also don't know how you had the grit to hold off of the 2.6 carat H that you were also considering.
A very nice stone but at a hefty price to gain .30mm in diameter. If a 2.80-2.90ct pops up in the future I might go for it, b/c I would gain like .50mm.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few shots from HPD..
:think:...Hmmm, from looking at the pics Boone may not have tapered the ring down to 7.5mm as I requested. The ring looks the same width from top to bottom. What do you guys think from looking at the pics?

Front-view-on-brown.jpg Front-view-on-picture-jasper.jpg Downward-facing-side-view.jpg side-view-with-stickers.jpg Front-view-on-lapis.jpg

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, how fun! Congrats!

princessandthepear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love how the setting gives the illusion offloating diamond yet the amazing diamond is the center of attention. So looking forward to the hand shots.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, DF. Can't wait to see handshots!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hard to say about the taper - in some pics it looks like it didn't happen and yet in others looks like there could be a slight taper. Hopefully, either way it will be fine and you will like it. It is a beautiful ring DF - I really love it - congrats!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll have to request a 'side-on' picture, so you can see if the top is wider than the bottom!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!! Woohoo! Nice work!
Did wink/bench set the stone for you in the Boone tension ring?

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Holy moly, that’s stunning!! Can’t wait to see hand shots! Hard to say about the taper based on the photos. Hope it was done to your specifications!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few shots from HPD..
:think:...Hmmm, from looking at the pics Boone may not have tapered the ring down to 7.5mm as I requested. The ring looks the same width from top to bottom. What do you guys think from looking at the pics?

Front-view-on-brown.jpg Front-view-on-picture-jasper.jpg Downward-facing-side-view.jpg side-view-with-stickers.jpg Front-view-on-lapis.jpg

THUD!!!

swooning-gif.gif

Wow what a gorgeous diamond and setting.:kiss2: I hope it was done just as you requested and that you love it...Congratulations @Dancing Fire :appl:

and cannot wait to see more pics including hand shots please.:love:

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few shots from HPD..

I cannot wait to see the hand shots!!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!! Woohoo! Nice work!
Did wink/bench set the stone for you in the Boone tension ring?
No, Wink sent the stone to Boone and then returned back to Wink after it was set. Everything was done within 3 business days.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
DF, I love your pics. It's neat to see shots by a guy. Earthy, masculine. Love it! And that stone is of course, to die for. :appl:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
@Dancing Fire niice!

Can you help me understand something? I have seeen H&A’s stones and now Cbi stones. I am not sure if I can see a difference. I am not a MRB person, so this is a little new to me. Sorry if this has been explained before and I am asking a silly question.

AV_

Ideal_Rock
H&A’s stones and now Cbi stones. I am not sure if I can see a difference

CBI = Cut by Infinity

It is the brand of H&A (which stands for a set of quality attributes) cut by a small-ish workshop with absurdly high standards WWW

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally prefer the ring to be the same width all the way round.
DK :))

cokitty

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire niice!

Can you help me understand something? I have seeen H&A’s stones and now Cbi stones. I am not sure if I can see a difference. I am not a MRB person, so this is a little new to me. Sorry if this has been explained before and I am asking a silly question.
I'll give you my opinion
after I get the chance to view the ring under different lighting conditions.

Reactions: AV_
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results