shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Advice

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Yeh I agree completely, I think if it comes down to not being able to stretch the budget enough, I'll go the 1.5 J stone in the Tiffany ring.

I'll see if they can maybe do a longer hold if I pay a deposit, but I'm not too hopeful.

First off, the 1.73 K is awesome. With the additional pictures, that would be my choice!

For the setting, look closely at the heads. The Tiffany repro is soooo much better and eloquent IMO and worth the extra $500 IMO.

If you want the 1.73, ask WF to place on-hold while you get your funding in-place.

tiffrepro.jpg

plain.jpg

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
:appl:
Yep I think that’s the way to go.
Buying it might depend on if I’m willing to drop down on the price of the ring though.

This is my preference
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3581.htm

This is one of their cheapest options
https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ffany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-582.htm

The band on the second is slightly thicker at 2.3mm vs 1.6-2mm on the first. So perhaps the thicker band would negate any visual differences seen on a bigger stone.
Do you think 2.3mm is thick relative to modern trends?
Sorry I missed this......I agree with Sledge

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeh I agree completely, I think if it comes down to not being able to stretch the budget enough, I'll go the 1.5 J stone in the Tiffany ring.

I'll see if they can maybe do a longer hold if I pay a deposit, but I'm not too hopeful.

Totally understand. Just a consideration but if you are using cash for the initial $10k, have you thought about using a credit card or financing (think Affirm is name I've seen) for the rest.

I normally don't recommend this but it's such a small amount in the overall scheme that could easily be paid off and you get a significant size bump I just hate to see you miss the 1.73 K.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just saw your other post about a 24 hour hold. I think if you make your mind up and call in with an initial deposit they may work with you. It shows you are serious while you transfer the rest of the funds.

At the least it doesn't hurt to ask. Just my 2 cents.

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
I just saw your other post about a 24 hour hold. I think if you make your mind up and call in with an initial deposit they may work with you. It shows you are serious while you transfer the rest of the funds.

This echoes my thoughts. Win win for both parties.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Totally understand. Just a consideration but if you are using cash for the initial $10k, have you thought about using a credit card or financing (think Affirm is name I've seen) for the rest.

I normally don't recommend this but it's such a small amount in the overall scheme that could easily be paid off and you get a significant size bump I just hate to see you miss the 1.73 K.

Not sure whether affirm is available for international purchases. I think both WF and BGD only allow international purchases to be made by wire.

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Yeh I think that's what we'll do. Our original budget was 13.5k AUD and it's slowly been edged out to $17k AUD... So at this point an extra $500-1000 AUD is a minuscule dent in the long run.

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Yep I've got in on hold for 24 hours and tomorrow we can get an extended hold if we put down a 20% deposit, so I think that's what we'll do.
Thanks so much for your help

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eeeekkk!!!!

Sorry about the budget. Are you okay with everything you've selected? We can start over to reign in the budget. Just realize you may need to reduce the size some. Or go to a GIA XXX stone with ideal proportions.

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
No that’s okay! We actually do have the disposal income, the budget was more so just that my partner and I never really valued diamonds or jewellery of any kind. So we figured we’d just get whatever 1.0ct stone as that seems to be the standard size many people get. Then we saw that in person and it felt a bit small, so we decided on a 1.5ct.

When I posted here I was unknowingly looking at poorly cut stones on James Allen so I grossly underestimated the price.

Yep I think it looks great, and my partner also agrees we should just get the biggest one. The very first ring we checked out was the 20k AUD 1.0ct, poorly cut diamond at a chain store, so we are sure we wouldn’t find anything as nice or as cheap here in Australia.

We’re going to sleep on it before we put the deposit down tomorrow just to make sure, but even if we change our mind I think I could probably source some decent rings on WF by myself now (I’d still run them past you guys).

Eeeekkk!!!!

Sorry about the budget. Are you okay with everything you've selected? We can start over to reign in the budget. Just realize you may need to reduce the size some. Or go to a GIA XXX stone with ideal proportions.

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Actually, just so I don’t spend days wondering after I’ve paid the deposit, would you please be able to lead me in the direction of a similar GIA XXX stone? The current K stone is 11k USD, so I guess something lower than that is the goal.

Eeeekkk!!!!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just checking on JA and this is the only one that I’d choose there. AGS True Hearts with good comp generated ASET, proportions and it’s a TH stone which has the AGS report number inscribed on the girdle (unlike a number of others I’ve noticed don’t mention that on the AGS report). Also, it’s well under your budget.

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...color-vs2-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-3466202

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Thanks bmfang!
Definitely doesn’t have quite the same sparkle as the others, but the 3k USD (4,100 AUD) saving definitely softens the blow. It still looks fantastic though!
Almost wish I didn’t see this one :shock:

Anyone else have any thoughts on this one?

How does

Just checking on JA and this is the only one that I’d choose there. AGS True Hearts with good comp generated ASET, proportions and it’s a TH stone which has the AGS report number inscribed on the girdle (unlike a number of others I’ve noticed don’t mention that on the AGS report). Also, it’s well under your budget.

https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...color-vs2-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-3466202

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks bmfang!
Definitely doesn’t have quite the same sparkle as the others, but the 3k USD (4,100 AUD) saving definitely softens the blow. It still looks fantastic though!
Almost wish I didn’t see this one :shock:

Anyone else have any thoughts on this one?

How does

Keep in mind that JA’s videos don’t really show the ability of the stone re: brilliance and sparkle. They are however good for helping you spot inclusions (well that’s how I’ve usually seen JA videos as being good for). The lighting setups are nowhere near as good as what BGD and WF use to help you ID brilliance, fire and scintillation.

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Oh! In that case it might be a pretty good option. Definitely a strong contender at this point.
Keep in mind that JA’s videos don’t really show the ability of the stone re: brilliance and sparkle. They are however good for helping you spot inclusions (well that’s how I’ve usually seen JA videos as being good for). The lighting setups are nowhere near as good as what BGD and WF use to help you ID brilliance, fire and scintillation.

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Regarding rings I'm leaning towards yellow gold now, as that's what I prefer and all my other jewellery is yellow gold, but I never see YG engagement rings so thought it would be out place.

What are people's thoughts on these?

1. https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...fany-style-solitaire-engagement-ring-3584.htm
Same as the aforementioned WG ring. I learnt today it's common to have a YG ring with WG or platinum head. This looks super weird to me from the side, to the point where I really dislike it. From the top I'm indifferent.

2. https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...-solitaire-engagement-ring-by-vatche-3784.htm
6 prongs but the band itself might be too thin, especially once I get older and trends change. This has a white gold head.

3. https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...tche-venus-solitaire-engagement-ring-4659.htm
4 prongs but the band is a bit thicker in general. It also looks like it sits quite low

Both of these have yellow heads.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
Number 1 doesn’t sound like you like it so I’d say our opinions are irrelevant!

I personally like 2, I find it sleek but 3 is nice also

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your #3 option for settings.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI, I started typing this last night but fell asleep mid-stream. Sorry for the late response.

Actually, just so I don’t spend days wondering after I’ve paid the deposit, would you please be able to lead me in the direction of a similar GIA XXX stone? The current K stone is 11k USD, so I guess something lower than that is the goal.

I understand the 1.73 K is pushing your boundaries, but I actually think the stone itself is a really good value for what you are getting. Below are some alternate stones that would be similar in size, color and clarity. It's my personal belief the WF stone is still better than these because they are true hearts & arrow diamonds cut to a level of precision that most these GIA stones probably aren't.

Also, when shopping the virtual inventory market, you must understand that we utilize proportions to get us close. Then the process is to request advanced imaging such as ASET, idealscope and/or H&A images. Unlike the WF stones you've seen, most these stones won't have this information available and usually because the WF stones are cut to such precision these images won't look as good either for the images that are actually available.

That said....

GIA XXX 1.85ct K VS1 @ $9,456 wire
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1....1&b=9.600&utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/round-diamond-1.85-carat-k-vs1-yd4307028

56 table, 61.9 depth, 34.5 crown, 40.6 pavilion & 80 LGF

Available at multiple retailers. Adiamor has the best price. Both sites have videos available. Proportions look very good. I like the smaller 56 table. Also I like the 34.5 crown a lot, but prefer to have it coupled with a slightly steeper pavilion of 40.7-40.8. Still the 40.6 pavilion can work. Also I'd like to see the lower girdle facets (LGF) at 75 as that will mean fat arrows and bigger bolder rainbow flashes as opposed to more splintery white light.

Capture.PNG

GIA XXX 1.72ct K VS2 @ $8,023
https://parcelandstone.com/diamond/...333328191?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

https://www.fourmine.com/shop/diamond/RSCGU025?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=2018

https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1....1&b=8.325&utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

55 table, 61.6 depth, 34 crown, 40.8 pavilion & 80 LGF

Again multiple vendors. Parcel & Stone has the cheapest price, but you could force one of the others to price match and they would. The proportions are within the ideal range. I like the small 55 table a bunch as it will throw lots of fire. However, the shallower 34 crown will throw more white light. It is complimented by a higher 40.8 pavilion which works nicely. The 80 LGF's will also throw a little more white light and have more of a splintery look as such vs big bold flashes. Perhaps with the small table it will balance quite nicely, but I'd like to see a video to know more.

One thing is evident...the images they show of the stone just look yuck to me. Particularly the paddle effect that is going on with the tips of the arrows. I'm showing you what is available but I am not sure I would recommend this without more data, even though the proportions do work out quite nicely.

Capture2.PNG

JA True Hearts 1.71 K VS1 @ $9,950
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-4425632

Proportions look great. Also this is an AGS000 stone. And it's part of JA's true hearts & arrows collection. Looking at the images, they look pretty good although I know there is some negativity surrounding this particular line. In the video the stone looks more tinted to me than the WF stone and I prefer more white stones. Also, you get better customer service, trade-in policies, etc with WF so for the small price bump I'm not sure this stone would sway me although I do think it's a more comparable stone than the previous two.

Also this stone has a cavity on the pavilion side which I don't care for but honestly at the VS1 clarity level and the fact it's not the grade setting inclusion I think it's more of a mind issue for me than a real concern. FWIW, this stone has the AGS inscription but nothing about True Hearts on the girdle.

JA True Hearts 1.67 K VS1 @ $10,200
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-2336267

Another true hearts but this one comes with GIA XXX certification. While I prefer AGS to GIA certifications, the hearts image looks very good. Also, the idealscope is very crisp. Additionally if you like yellow tint, this seems to have a buttery appeal to it the other JA true hearts stone didn't have and may be part of the reason it is priced a little higher than it's 1.71 brother linked above.

FYI, this stone has the GIA number inscribed on the girdle, but no mention of True Hearts on the girdle. Also, looking at the still picture it appears the 6 o'clock arrow isn't contrasting like the others.

Again, I think a good comparable stone to the WF stone you are considering but for the small dollars I still prefer the WF 1.73 K.

JA True Hearts 1.66ct J VS1 @ $10,500
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-5918679

This stone managed to receive an AGS000 certification but it did so using proportions we typically wouldn't recommend (34.4 crown & 41 pavilion). Normally with that high of a pavilion you want a shallower 34 crown. But apparently it was well cut. When stones are that well cut things like this can happen. With my preference for a whiter stone, I do like the fact it's a J color and I think it's pretty apparent it's more white than the other two.

This stone has no AGS number inscription on the girdle, which I just don't understand to be honest. To confirm it's truly your stone you'd need to examine underneath a scope and confirm the clarity plot matches the stone you are sent. This is always a good idea anyhow, but it's absolutely required when the AGS/GIA number isn't there.

While a good comparable, it's not much cheaper. But you do get a color bump over the WF K if you prefer that.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier I mentioned that ASET, idealscope and H&A images typically aren't available on GIA stones. This is true, but some vendors will provide them upon request. Even fewer will have them posted already (maybe if already requested by a previous prospective buyer). Either way, here is one such stone.

While it isn't really a comparable to the 1.7x carat stones, it does give you a good idea of what these images can look like. I would even argue this is one of the better sets of images I've seen but either way this is fairly representative of what you may receive. Compare these to the WF images and you can see quite a bit of difference.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R151-23292Z729?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

57 table, 61.8 depth, 34 crown, 41 pavilion & 80 LGF

While the pavilion falls outside the normal recommended 40.6-40.9 range, it can sometimes work with a 34 crown. I think here you can see it doesn't, but I wanted to point out how even using ideal proportions to find diamonds doesn't always result in an ideal cut and why these other images are an important part of the buying process, at least IMO.

Even with it's flaws, this diamond is probably better than most the crap you get from the majority of retail chain stores. But it's a far cry from any of your WF stones.

R151-23292Z729.jpg

R151-23292Z729_HRT.jpg

R151-23292Z729_ARO.jpg

R151-23292Z729_AST.jpg

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Oh woah! Again, thank you so much sledge. I really appreciate you (and everyone else) taking time out to reply and help me out.

That first 1.85ct stone is probably my pick of the bunch. It would be 2k AUD cheaper including the ring and taxes and is the same size. Especially considering I don't think that I would notice much of a difference in real life compared to the better ACA stones (Although I'm sure many people would)

The JA true hearts 1.71 one I like as well, but their Australian pricing has it over 1k over the exchange rate amount. Despite being similar in US price to the previous stone, it converts to AU$14,335 and the other is AU$ 13,181.

The next JA true hearts 1.67 hasn't got quite the same pricing issue as the previous one, but still has the stone converting to $600 more than the exchange rate, whereas WhiteFlash doesn't have this issue at all. I agree with you, for the minor difference in price and a drop in size it is probably not the best option. Exact same thoughts about the JA 1.66 stone.

FYI, I started typing this last night but fell asleep mid-stream. Sorry for the late response.

I understand the 1.73 K is pushing your boundaries, but I actually think the stone itself is a really good value for what you are getting. Below are some alternate stones that would be similar in size, color and clarity. It's my personal belief the WF stone is still better than these because they are true hearts & arrow diamonds cut to a level of precision that most these GIA stones probably aren't.

Also, when shopping the virtual inventory market, you must understand that we utilize proportions to get us close. Then the process is to request advanced imaging such as ASET, idealscope and/or H&A images. Unlike the WF stones you've seen, most these stones won't have this information available and usually because the WF stones are cut to such precision these images won't look as good either for the images that are actually available.

That said....

GIA XXX 1.85ct K VS1 @ $9,456 wire
https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1....1&b=9.600&utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

https://www.yadavjewelry.com/diamond/round-diamond-1.85-carat-k-vs1-yd4307028

56 table, 61.9 depth, 34.5 crown, 40.6 pavilion & 80 LGF

Available at multiple retailers. Adiamor has the best price. Both sites have videos available. Proportions look very good. I like the smaller 56 table. Also I like the 34.5 crown a lot, but prefer to have it coupled with a slightly steeper pavilion of 40.7-40.8. Still the 40.6 pavilion can work. Also I'd like to see the lower girdle facets (LGF) at 75 as that will mean fat arrows and bigger bolder rainbow flashes as opposed to more splintery white light.

Capture.PNG

GIA XXX 1.72ct K VS2 @ $8,023
https://parcelandstone.com/diamond/...333328191?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

https://www.fourmine.com/shop/diamond/RSCGU025?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=2018

https://www.adiamor.com/Diamonds/1....1&b=8.325&utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

55 table, 61.6 depth, 34 crown, 40.8 pavilion & 80 LGF

Again multiple vendors. Parcel & Stone has the cheapest price, but you could force one of the others to price match and they would. The proportions are within the ideal range. I like the small 55 table a bunch as it will throw lots of fire. However, the shallower 34 crown will throw more white light. It is complimented by a higher 40.8 pavilion which works nicely. The 80 LGF's will also throw a little more white light and have more of a splintery look as such vs big bold flashes. Perhaps with the small table it will balance quite nicely, but I'd like to see a video to know more.

One thing is evident...the images they show of the stone just look yuck to me. Particularly the paddle effect that is going on with the tips of the arrows. I'm showing you what is available but I am not sure I would recommend this without more data, even though the proportions do work out quite nicely.

Capture2.PNG

JA True Hearts 1.71 K VS1 @ $9,950
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-4425632

Proportions look great. Also this is an AGS000 stone. And it's part of JA's true hearts & arrows collection. Looking at the images, they look pretty good although I know there is some negativity surrounding this particular line. In the video the stone looks more tinted to me than the WF stone and I prefer more white stones. Also, you get better customer service, trade-in policies, etc with WF so for the small price bump I'm not sure this stone would sway me although I do think it's a more comparable stone than the previous two.

Also this stone has a cavity on the pavilion side which I don't care for but honestly at the VS1 clarity level and the fact it's not the grade setting inclusion I think it's more of a mind issue for me than a real concern. FWIW, this stone has the AGS inscription but nothing about True Hearts on the girdle.

JA True Hearts 1.67 K VS1 @ $10,200
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-2336267

Another true hearts but this one comes with GIA XXX certification. While I prefer AGS to GIA certifications, the hearts image looks very good. Also, the idealscope is very crisp. Additionally if you like yellow tint, this seems to have a buttery appeal to it the other JA true hearts stone didn't have and may be part of the reason it is priced a little higher than it's 1.71 brother linked above.

FYI, this stone has the GIA number inscribed on the girdle, but no mention of True Hearts on the girdle. Also, looking at the still picture it appears the 6 o'clock arrow isn't contrasting like the others.

Again, I think a good comparable stone to the WF stone you are considering but for the small dollars I still prefer the WF 1.73 K.

JA True Hearts 1.66ct J VS1 @ $10,500
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...color-vs1-clarity-true-hearts-cut-sku-5918679

This stone managed to receive an AGS000 certification but it did so using proportions we typically wouldn't recommend (34.4 crown & 41 pavilion). Normally with that high of a pavilion you want a shallower 34 crown. But apparently it was well cut. When stones are that well cut things like this can happen. With my preference for a whiter stone, I do like the fact it's a J color and I think it's pretty apparent it's more white than the other two.

This stone has no AGS number inscription on the girdle, which I just don't understand to be honest. To confirm it's truly your stone you'd need to examine underneath a scope and confirm the clarity plot matches the stone you are sent. This is always a good idea anyhow, but it's absolutely required when the AGS/GIA number isn't there.

While a good comparable, it's not much cheaper. But you do get a color bump over the WF K if you prefer that.

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
@WallaForPM I'm sure very very very few people would notice!!!!!
Perhaps you might, especially if you constantly compared it to ACA stones... However, I do not think you will also buy those other stones so it will be particularly hard to compare in real life!!!!

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Thanks for this! Okay so looking at those images and the K 1.73 ct from WF, I can definitely see a difference, but I don't actually understand what I'm looking at. And without you guys I don't think there is any way I could make an evaluation just using those pictures.

I actually like this one too, I doubt I would notice a marginal decrease in size/cut. It works out to be well below my budget at $12,550 AUD, which is 5k cheaper than the K 1.73 (I understand they aren't comparable), but personally I don't think I'd notice/be too fussed either way.

My only reservation about this route is the bands they have. This is the only one I like.

https://enchanteddiamonds.com/diamonds/view/R151-23292Z729?utm_source=rarecarat&utm_medium=cpc

If I do go down the YG band with YG head route, this head has lots of metal, so I think it may reflect onto the diamond. I know this is why people get WG or platinum heads, but I just really dislike this aesthetic.

Earlier I mentioned that ASET, idealscope and H&A images typically aren't available on GIA stones. This is true, but some vendors will provide them upon request. Even fewer will have them posted already (maybe if already requested by a previous prospective buyer). Either way, here is one such stone.

While it isn't really a comparable to the 1.7x carat stones, it does give you a good idea of what these images can look like. I would even argue this is one of the better sets of images I've seen but either way this is fairly representative of what you may receive. Compare these to the WF images and you can see quite a bit of difference.

57 table, 61.8 depth, 34 crown, 41 pavilion & 80 LGF

While the pavilion falls outside the normal recommended 40.6-40.9 range, it can sometimes work with a 34 crown. I think here you can see it doesn't, but I wanted to point out how even using ideal proportions to find diamonds doesn't always result in an ideal cut and why these other images are an important part of the buying process, at least IMO.

Even with it's flaws, this diamond is probably better than most the crap you get from the majority of retail chain stores. But it's a far cry from any of your WF stones.

R151-23292Z729.jpg

R151-23292Z729_HRT.jpg

R151-23292Z729_ARO.jpg

R151-23292Z729_AST.jpg

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
In that case I think I will probably stick to the cheaper options. I thought maybe these other stones would be unimpressive looking, but obviously they would still very nice, and the ACA stones are probably just extra nice or something haha.

I'll email Adiamor now and ask for ASET or Idealscope images if they have (not sure if that's correct protocol).

They've got a few rings I like, with the gold prongs; I don't know if this will absolutely butcher the impressiveness of the stone.

1. https://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-...ustom-Fit-Basket-Solitaire/14KYellowGold/1792

2. https://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-...ng-15mm-in-18K-Yellow-Gold/18KYellowGold/1720

3. https://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-...ng-17mm-in-14K-Yellow-Gold/14KYellowGold/1930

I've always thought I preferred 6 prongs, but with the gold prongs I think I'm more drawn to just 4, but again I like them all.

@WallaForPM I'm sure very very very few people would notice!!!!!
Perhaps you might, especially if you constantly compared it to ACA stones... However, I do not think you will also buy those other stones so it will be particularly hard to compare in real life!!!!

Last edited:

Matilda

Shiny_Rock
all settings are nice.. I personally like 2., but by a hair!!

I don't know what diamonds women wear in your area, so perhaps if they all had ACA stones they might notice....though still unlikely!

it sounds like you would be happier to get an excellent stone for a lower price rather than pay for a difference which you are unsure of in a super duper excellent stone. That is perfectly fine! Consumers have different requirements to make them happy and different priorities

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
I think most people around me would probably buy their stones in store, and from what I've gathered it would be really difficult to even find high quality stones where I am.

Yep I think that is the case. I think I just got confused earlier and thought that only super ideals looked nice and anything less would be like the unimpressive stones I saw in person. Obviously the stones I saw were just very poorly cut, and thats not the case with these ones you've linked =)2

all settings are nice.. I personally like 2., but by a hair!!

I don't know what diamonds women wear in your area, so perhaps if they all had ACA stones they might notice....though still unlikely!

it sounds like you would be happier to get an excellent stone for a lower price rather than pay for a difference which you are unsure of in a super duper excellent stone. That is perfectly fine! Consumers have different requirements to make them happy and different priorities

WallaForPM

Rough_Rock
Hey again everyone,
Sorry for being so indecisive about everything.

I think if the Adiamor/Yadav K 1.85 ct diamond was listed on Whiteflash I would take the plunge right now and get it, but I'm just not in love with any of the settings.

My partner thinks the YG with YG prongs looks pretty ordinary, and thinks it would be silly to spend all this money on a diamond only to have the bright prongs steal the limelight. My mum agrees and thinks it looks funny. This is my favourite style and I know it's only me who has to wear it, but I think people will think it looks weird or cheap.
I really dislike the two tone, YG band and WG head.
Which leaves a completely WG setting, and because I hate mixing metals this would mean I couldn't wear any of my current jewellery (Which is fine, just a necklace and earrings currently), but also don't think WG suits my skin tone.

The settings on Adiamor I linked previously look a bit cheap to me, something about the bar which goes across the head.

https://www.adiamor.com/Engagement-Rings/Solitaire/Basket-Solitaire-Setting-17mm/14KWhiteGold/1930

Nothing on Yadav stands out to me either.

I think our only option will be White Flash as I like the look of the settings better, and I'll have to come to a decision on which style and metal. Hopefully the K will still be there in a few days (my partner is away for the weekend and we didn't put a deposit down before he left). I'll probably choose one of these settings.
1 in either WG or YG
or 2 in WG.

1. https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...yle-solitaire-engagement-ring-3581.htm#size=6

2. https://www.whiteflash.com/engageme...ire-engagement-ring-by-vatche-1613.htm#size=6

Thank you so much to everyone for all your help.
I think now its just a case of me working out what setting metals I prefer; which could be a pretty difficult task.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still sweet on the WF 1.73 K but I can understand the allure of the GIA 1.85 K. Be sure to post the ASET and idealscope images (assuming you get one or both) so we can take a look and confirm there are no issues.

As far as the settings, I agree with you about the WF one's looking much nicer. In regards to the Felicity I think @SimoneDi was saying she wore that Vatche setting (or knew someone that did) and it was uncomfortable. Hoping she will chime in with additional info on it for you.

Right now I'm showing the AUD/USD conversion rate at 1.38 per Google. It's likely a little higher with bank fees. To get an idea of your duties and taxes you can use the JA calculator. Depending where you are located, sometimes you pay less for a loose diamond vs an actual e-ring.

https://www.jamesallen.com/tax-calculator/

FYI, here is how the 1.85 K fairs on the HCA & AGA/NAJA cut calculators.

HCA Calculator:
https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Capture3.PNG
Capture4.PNG

AGA/NAJA Cut Calculator:
https://www.pricescope.com/tools/AGA_NAJA_Cut_Class_Grader
https://datlas.com/do-it-yourself-aganaja-cut-class-grader/

Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results