shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20171207_120719.jpg I have no time to change my rings. But today is a sunny day so - my spinel ring
(This holiday wreath with Seahawks theme is handmade but not by me)
My ruby which is H(a) but old Burmese - can't part with it although I have a couple of others

20171207_115006.jpg 20171207_115257.jpg

Last edited:

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing my grandmother's lapis and diamond pendant on her 60" handmade chain, doubled to 30". It falls over my abdomen. The metal is 14k gold. My grandmother died earlier this year. She was almost 96. I love to wear her pieces. ❤

IMG_4132.JPG

STUNNING! The end clip looks like part of a watch chain. How wonderful it is to wear family pieces.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
002.JPG I am wearing this today and posting this ring just for the dreamy french cut sapphires in the halo. Specs are 2.12 carats blue sapphires- heat only.

Such a LOVELY ring! TFS the details.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new toy from Jeff Davies! Ring made and set by him too.

I send him these vague descriptions and a picture and he makes it happen. I'm in love with it so much! Although I kinda regret finding him because I keep wanting to commission new rings and I have been so good all these years of not buying new stuff. 20170928_150603.jpg 20170928_150543.jpg

WOW more details please. This is a lovely stone.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at your bangle I just got an idea for a bracelet.

ooh is this a new project?

Bracelets make me nervous because I always think I'll break them. Bangles are robust!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby and diamond lion stickpin ring with demantoid and garnet dragon ring and ruby stickpin snake ring. I bought the lion and snake as stick pins and had them converted by my local jeweler! 24k bangle. 20171208_171553_HDR.jpg 20171208_171347_HDR.jpg
Also my sapphire and wedding set. 20171208_171253_HDR.jpg

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always love seeing your baby dragon ring! It's adorable.

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
What I pretty much always wear when I do "sparkly":
my E-Ring which stands for "My Everything-Ring" :lol:
Beryl and diamond baguettes.
My Beryl Ring.jpg

Latest plans are to replace this difficult stone (clashy color and not-so-spectacular cut) with a garnet of this color (dreamiest I've seen in a garnet).

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feeling pink today. Mahenge spinel in the sun and shade.
B7F4C706-AD92-47F7-895B-E2D09F373848.jpeg 80CC6537-7A3A-43B6-9BA0-11DF4EE251D4.jpeg

Attachments

• FA1608EE-241F-455E-9EFE-7880800DB3B3.jpeg
    FA1608EE-241F-455E-9EFE-7880800DB3B3.jpeg
    192.8 KB · Views: 14
  • E7EF0D0D-4802-4AA6-ADCA-6B280580BF73.jpeg
    E7EF0D0D-4802-4AA6-ADCA-6B280580BF73.jpeg
    182.4 KB · Views: 11

Mukti

Shiny_Rock
I've been absent for several days (if not weeks)! I need to catch up. I really love every piece you posted here, ladies :appl:.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What I pretty much always wear when I do "sparkly":
my E-Ring which stands for "My Everything-Ring" :lol:
Beryl and diamond baguettes.
My Beryl Ring.jpg

Latest plans are to replace this difficult stone (clashy color and not-so-spectacular cut) with a garnet of this color (dreamiest I've seen in a garnet).

We never see heliodor on ps! I love your ring! I have s heliodor I need to set. That looks like a raspberry rhodolite. There were some that color on WSF gems a while ago, but I think they were mostly set in earrings. I’m sure you can find your dream garnet.

sapphiredream

Shiny_Rock
We never see heliodor on ps! I love your ring! I have s heliodor I need to set. That looks like a raspberry rhodolite. There were some that color on WSF gems a while ago, but I think they were mostly set in earrings. I’m sure you can find your dream garnet.

Ha, ha - there's a reason you don't see much of it.
It's UNWEARABLE! :) Hence my present quest.

Yellow is a very difficult color to wear and, at least in my experience, clashes with just about everything piece of clothing. You are guaranteed to turn into some kind of flag - at least I am. :)
My husband did ask me last evening..."but why did you choose it at the time"?

Well...I guess I didn't know any better.

At the time, I wanted a large, natural stone that nevertheless had to be very affordable.
That's because I wanted a heftier, more prominent ring to avoid the classical, dainty, diamond solitaire e-ring which was never for me.

I thought the hardness was good...and I had seen quite a few rings with canary yellow diamonds...and thought the white/yellow combination looked good.
Plus I thought yellow would be closest to the white of a traditional diamond. At that time I WAS interested in diamonds - but they had to be very large to make for a chunky, serious ring :lol::lol: .
The diamond size I like (4-5 carats) was way out of our budget and always will be. So we were done there.

Over the years I discovered I actually look much better in colored stones with deep hues than in a diamond; and that wasn't even "sour grapes". :D
I tried on many diamonds over time and I even wore a 4-5 carat, very well-cut, real-looking CZ-s ring around the house which I got from a very nice middle-eastern lady in Turkey.
We were taking a boat tour on the Bosphorus strait and I saw her wearing what looked like a high-carat, super sparkly amazing diamond ring and of course, I couldn't help staring at her hand.

At some point, she came to me and gave me the ring and told me to keep it!! :))
I obviously understood immediately this was not real...but even so, it was a VERY pretty ring that could fool many. This was so unexpected, I refused - but she insisted...so I ended up with a ring that allowed me to get an idea of how I would look in my ideal size diamond.

It finally dawned on me that a diamond - as expensive and magical as it is - does much less for my brunette appearance (dark brown hair, light olive skin with very dark-brown eyes) than a colored gem would.

So even if I had an unlimited budget today... I would pick a 5-7 carat killer sapphire over a diamond.

But since budget is STILL an issue...I hope to find a gorgeous garnet for this ring...and soon get a separate sapphire ring as well.

But yeah...heliodor...it's a nah.
I'd' be curious to hear about how ladies wear their yellow stones (of any kind). Maybe I will start a new thread.

Last edited:

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ha, ha - there's a reason you don't see much of it.
It's UNWEARABLE! :) Hence my present quest.

Yellow is a very difficult color to wear and, at least in my experience, clashes with just about everything piece of clothing. You are guaranteed to turn into some kind of flag - at least I am. :)
My husband did ask me last evening..."but why did you choose it at the time"?

Well...I guess I didn't know any better.

At the time, I wanted a large, natural stone that nevertheless had to be very affordable.
That's because I wanted a heftier, more prominent ring to avoid the classical, dainty, diamond solitaire e-ring which was never for me.

I thought the hardness was good...and I had seen quite a few rings with canary yellow diamonds...and thought the white/yellow combination looked good.
Plus I thought yellow would be closest to the white of a traditional diamond. At that time I WAS interested in diamonds - but they had to be very large to make for a chunky, serious ring :lol::lol: .
The diamond size I like (4-5 carats) was way out of our budget and always will be. So we were done there.

Over the years I discovered I actually look much better in colored stones with deep hues than in a diamond; and that wasn't even "sour grapes". :D
I tried on many diamonds over time and I even wore a 4-5 carat, very well-cut, real-looking CZ-s ring around the house which I got from a very nice middle-eastern lady in Turkey.
We were taking a boat tour on the Bosphorus strait and I saw her wearing what looked like a high-carat, super sparkly amazing diamond ring and of course, I couldn't help staring at her hand.

At some point, she came to me and gave me the ring and told me to keep it!! :))
I obviously understood immediately this was not real...but even so, it was a VERY pretty ring that could fool many. This was so unexpected, I refused - but she insisted...so I ended up with a ring that allowed me to get an idea of how I would look in my ideal size diamond.

It finally dawned on me that a diamond - as expensive and magical as it is - does much less for my brunette appearance (dark brown hair, light olive skin with very dark-brown eyes) than a colored gem would.

So even if I had an unlimited budget today... I would pick a 5-7 carat killer sapphire over a diamond.

But since budget is STILL an issue...I hope to find a gorgeous garnet for this ring...and soon get a separate sapphire ring as well.

But yeah...heliodor...it's a nah.
I'd' be curious to hear about how ladies wear their yellow stones (of any kind). Maybe I will start a new thread.
I didn’t realize that heliodor was so difficult to wear. Good luck coming on your quest for a garnet. Four yo five carats is actually quite large for most garnet species. I’m not sure if this holds true for the color you are seeking though.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My yogo sapphire!
It was a tenth anniversary gift from my husband, which makes it really special. But it’s extra special because yogos are mined only in Montana, 40 miles from my house! 88D07845-9D3A-4E4F-97BC-A30FC21AD67E.jpeg
That’s beautiful! Have you ever visited the mine?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results