shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, Sending you lots of hugs and strength Deb. So sorry about what you are going through. (((HUGS))).

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@AGBF,
Sending you lots of hugs and strength Deb. So sorry about what you are going through. (((HUGS))).

Thanks, missy!!! I felt that hug all the way over here in Connecticut!

edited to add: She's been admitted to the hospital for Lithium toxicity. The levels were such that she was allowed to eat last night, but she couldn't hold anything down. Now she is NPO while her Lithium levels are being monitored. What angers me is that she is not committed. She is free to leave. This is not considered a suicide attempt.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb:

Healing vibes across the miles......

kind regards--Sharon

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, I'm so sorry to hear about this ordeal; mental illness is so hard. Sending you hugs and prayers.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hugs and strength being sent your way AGBF. i hope things calm down soon.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I'm so sorry. All I can offer is hugs. I'm thankful Derrick was there and able to help you. Mental health issues are so challenging for all involved. Hopefully the doctors will be able to help your daughter.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gentle hugs Deb. The info you share about your DD is heartbreaking and I hope there is a solution that at least gives her longer periods of stability. I empathize with your situation. My DHs colleague has a daughter who tries to hang herself multiple times a week for months with short periods of less drama between episodes. She has been hospitalized many many times and docs have tried hundreds of drug combos. She attended school a few days a year and spent most of the last 2 years sitting under a blanket in a chair in her mother's office. Mother's marriage suffers, the younger sibling is damaged by the incessant drama, and I can't foresee a good outcome for any of them unless the mother decides to institutionalize her daughter.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WOOHOO the Canadian dollar hit 80 cents/USD! Time to buy the biggest DIF HPD I can find! lol

cheers--Sharon

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I have insomnia. I've had it for years. It gets better when I exercise, but never really disappears. I hate it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have insomnia. I've had it for years. It gets better when I exercise, but never really disappears. I hate it.

I'm sorry pregcurious. I also deal with not sleeping well much of the week and it does suck. My problem is an overactive mind and worrying too much and the only time I usually sleep well is when I am so exhausted from not sleeping well for days that I fall into finally a good sleep. Then the pattern continues again of not sleeping well till I am exhausted and then have one good night and back to not sleeping well. I don't know the answer but I know the trick (for me) is to stop thinking so much at bedtime and just relax and breathe and fall to sleep. Sending you gentle hugs and lots of good wishes for sweet dreams and good sleep. :snore:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, my mind is overactive. I need to be more disciiplined about exercise and relaxing. I wake up grumpy, like this morning. I envy people who are good sleepers.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh...my sleep has been off since the fall from stress. 3 am is usually when I fall asleep on average. It's not a good club to be a part of :snore:

I've decided I'm not an apple shape - I'm a chunky old mine cut.:roll2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 am tends to be my myocardial number too when I have trouble sleeping, as I did last night. I've been chicken half hour brisk walks in the evening and that does tend to help, but… I've missed those locks for several nights now, and coincidentally I've also had trouble sleeping for several nights. Too much on the mind is definitely a part of it for me too. The other thing that will cause me sleep problems is too much screen time. That was the issue for me yesterday (though not the two nights prior). There is an addiction element to this for me: it's so much easier for me to give in to the endless distraction offered by the computer than it is to deal with things that need to be done, including, sometimes, sleep.

Funny thing is, I do have a "sleep solution" that works almost every time for me: a nice warm. A nice spiked with Epsom salts and lavender. Why couldn't I have remembered that last night?

It's nice to see you back, pregcurios. Pull up a chair and set a spell!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb,

Just reading your post in this thread now. How is your daughter doing? Her situation reminds me of my sister, who did really really poorly on Lithium, but her doctor kept her on it for many years. After many hospitalizations one year, they discovered she had developed lithium-induced diabetes insipidus (which is a bit of a nightmare itself.) At that point, they changed her to Lamictal (along with a bunch of other meds), and she has been stable for several years now.

I can't help but wonder whether your daughter might also do better on Lamictal. I am not a doctor, of course, and am not advocating for a medication change, but simply suggesting that it is something that you might approach her doctors about if it hasn't been tried before.

I wish you peace, and I wish good health for your daughter.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new forehead thermometer came from
Costco today so of course I had to test drive it on myself and my neighbors :lol-2:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only you could make a thermometer fun Pinto! Does it work well?

School starts tomorrow...dont know whether to high five myself or cry. School brings lots of stress for me :(sad.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ugh the cat who was peeing blood is now in kidney failure. Picked up a bag of fluids to do sub q at home. Yey. Leaving for vacation on Monday because the timing of these things always works out oh so well.

Last trip our other girl had to be euthanized for advanced lung cancer. No idea she was even sick until she collapsed the day before our flight.

One "healthy" cat left and he has epilepsy. The only meds that work for him cause liver damage so it's only a matter of time.

No idea how my childhood cats made it to 19/20.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little crazy right now as I finally got my boy out of Louisiana! He ha been here with is since last Saturday. He has long term foster starting in 3 weeks until he gets a family of his own.

Meet Barney! 3-5 year old who was about to be euthanized.

IMG_20170811_084748.jpg

IMG_20170809_080657.jpg

IMG_20170805_153633.jpg

IMG_20170806_073007.jpg

IMG_20170811_084326.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl, I'm sorry :(2. Sending lots of healing vibes to your kitty, I hope she will be ok. (((Hugs)))

Aw TP Barney is so sweet! You've saved his life, you are amazing! :appl:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh the cat who was peeing blood is now in kidney failure. Picked up a bag of fluids to do sub q at home. Yey. Leaving for vacation on Monday because the timing of these things always works out oh so well.

Last trip our other girl had to be euthanized for advanced lung cancer. No idea she was even sick until she collapsed the day before our flight.

One "healthy" cat left and he has epilepsy. The only meds that work for him cause liver damage so it's only a matter of time.

No idea how my childhood cats made it to 19/20.

I'm so sorry chemgirl. We just found out that one of our cats is in kidney failure. Weeks to a month to live :cry2:. He is only 9 years old...one of our other
cats only made it to 13 (died of kidney failure) but he was a pure bread and we blamed it on that. This cat is a rescue cat so I just cant get a grip of
losing him so soon. He has lost lots of weight but is still eating, grooming, and seems to be enjoying life. When that stops we will have to take him
in. I am beside myself.

I am sorry you are dealing with the same thing. Sometimes life sucks.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry to hear about your tragic situations, chemgirl and tyty. My beloved dog (Griffin, a Newfoundland) is aging. He will be 8 in September, which is old for a Newfie. When I lost my last furbaby I vowed never to get another one. Losing one is so terrible. My heart is with both of you.

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I greatly appreciate all the support granted to me earlier in this thread. I didn't really have a chance to take a deep breath and say "thank you" until now. (I "got away" from home because I had to see a doctor in Virginia. That bought me a few days out of my house. My brother stayed in Connecticut with my daughter.) So I am now saying, "thank you" to all of you.

Deb :wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient-

Barney is adorable. What is he doing with you if he is going to be in long term foster with someone else? Do you do short term foster? I am very, very glad you saved this beautiful little boy. I can see he is glowing. It makes me want to cry to think he came so close to death and doesn't even know it. Poor angel. You are truly doing great work. My best friend in Maine has been involved in animal rescue for years. Most of her bunch (she is down to seven now) are rescues. A wolf hybrid placed on her land by hunters when she was a puppy/cub and raised by her just died recently. These animals need homes!

AGBF

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Junebug and Deb...it is so difficult when pets get old or die before their time.

Deb...I am glad you were able to get out of town for a little while. I'm sure you needed the break even if it was for an appointment.

In other news, my DH is teaching my DS how to drive! Thrilled that I dont have to do it...that some stress I dont want to have to deal with
(My DS doesnt take being told what to do very well even if you try your best to phrase it like you're not telling him what to do.:confused2:)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient-

Barney is adorable. What is he doing with you if he is going to be in long term foster with someone else? Do you do short term foster? I am very, very glad you saved this beautiful little boy. I can see he is glowing. It makes me want to cry to think he came so close to death and doesn't even know it. Poor angel. You are truly doing great work. My best friend in Maine has been involved in animal rescue for years. Most of her bunch (she is down to seven now) are rescues. A wolf hybrid placed on her land by hunters when she was a puppy/cub and raised by her just died recently. These animals need homes!

AGBF

The foster he was going to be with ended up having an emergency case show up (return of a dog after having been adopted). I didn't want to cancel transport the day before it left since I didn't know when there would be another. We have so many at home that I don't usually foster here, but he needed to be somewhere until the long term was available.

My little girl dog ended up just not being willing to give him a chance so I took him to another woman this morning who will take him for 3 weeks before he gets to his long term. If we find a forever family before then, he will go there instead.

Leaving him today was so hard but so easy. You get so attached so fast! He was "just" here a week. Anyway, the woman he is staying with does dog sitting in her free time over summer (teacher) and has a great dog who is a nice match for Barney's energy. He liked her and got along great with her dog. He was having so much fun with the other dog when I left!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:twisted2:There's a newish high end second hand store walking distance from me. My neighbor and I walked over to check it out sans wallets. Well.. I saw this immaculate Gucci tote that's PVC coated (weatherproof) and made an offer 78% of their sticker. I ran home and grabbed my wallet and drove back lolol. It was right at close lolol. They dropped it another $5 bahaha so the $250 bag was bought for $190 plus tax.:lol:
It's a slimmer tote which will be perfect for work (when I begin working in the near future I hope!). It's designer but I can downplay it by pointing out it's second hand lolol.
IMG_2804.JPG IMG_2805.JPG IMG_2806.JPG IMG_2807.JPG

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata, who, after consuming a bucket sized top shelf margarita at dinner followed by a pint of Haagen Dasz, is incapable of speaking about herself in first person and is heading off to bed, weaving up the hall toward the bedroom, bouncing off the walls in an effort to ambulate in a straight line. Just another slap in the face about aging -- the inability to enjoy a single drink without becoming totally soused o_O:eek2::mrgreen2::P2:confused2::x2:(2:rolleyes::wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results