shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Post your Cartier jewels/rings/watches!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hehe, thanks, LLJsmom.

I will try and take more pics. (Dang, my hand looks sooo dry in that last pic! That's what the sun does to one's skin! Eeeks!).

I don't know yet if I will always wear them together. That's the general idea but let's see how much they bang and scratch each other, :drool:and let's see also if I can actually wear them both to bed. I was also thinking of stacking this thin RG with my Perlee Clover. We shall see....
Yes if you don't mind let me know if they bang together and whether you notice or if it bothers you. I actually loved the dark white gold with the rose gold. Strange huh? And I loved a second rose. But from a daily wear stand point, I am not sure I will be ok with it. Thank you!!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes if you don't mind let me know if they bang together and whether you notice or if it bothers you. I actually loved the dark white gold with the rose gold. Strange huh? And I loved a second rose. But from a daily wear stand point, I am not sure I will be ok with it. Thank you!!

Well, I took them both to bed last night. The RG one was naughty, she climbed over the YG and insisted on being at the front of the stack!:twisted: They did/ do go "clink, clink" when I move(d) my arm, but it's not annoying - at least not yet, haha. I will loupe them later to see if there's any/ what's the damage done.

I tried on the plain WG ones too, but personally I find the RG goes better with the YG Love and it'll stack better with the Perlee too.

I will continue to keep you updated.:)

(Btw, I'm seriously lusting after a pave RG. It's To.Die.For!! OMG!! :love::love::love::love::love::love:. It goes sooooo well with the ceramic pave!! If I can wear the regular stacked with the thin plain Loves, I'm sure two pave Loves stacked together would be fine!! Who am I kidding?! lol . I'd totally wear them together no matter how uncomfortable they might feel!!:dance::dance:8-)8-).. AND funny thing is I like the contrast btw the WG and the RG pave Loves)

Last edited:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I pulled the trigger today!!:dance::love::dance::clap:

Lien_Thin Love RG_2.jpg

Yay!!! You got it. It looks amazing. Although I want to see a lot more pics. How's it been feeling so far?

The ring I got was a simple platinum pave band. Nothing spectacularly interesting. It wasn't cheap though so yeah. Had to swim back over. Now just admiring from a far:) Although I do want a JUC and also a white gold thin love:shifty: what is wrong with me!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!!! You got it. It looks amazing. Although I want to see a lot more pics. How's it been feeling so far?

The ring I got was a simple platinum pave band. Nothing spectacularly interesting. It wasn't cheap though so yeah. Had to swim back over. Now just admiring from a far:) Although I do want a JUC and
also a white gold thin love:shifty: what is wrong with me!

Nothing interesting?!!(where's the "shocked" emoji??!!). Nooo, I wanna see, pleeeease!!! I actually love eternities - have loads.

Hehe, nothing wrong with you. You're just addicted, just like the rest of us here!!:lol:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, some update for you. So, I've been wearing both Loves together for almost 2 weeks now. What I've noticed are:

- they do bang together, a lot, lol
- they trade places frequently
- they do scratch each other, bec they move back and forth and bang against each other. The scratches are however faint and not really noticeable (I've RESISTED louping them, haha)
- I am not so much bothered by any of the above....BUT
- the most alarming thing is that perhaps bec of the clanging (most prob bec of), the screws become loosened. I just noticed today that there was some movement in my full YG Love, when there was none before when I wore it alone. I had to tighten the screws. Lucky I noticed, otherwise the bracelet may have come apart and I might have lost it!

So now, what I've decided to do is bec the thin Love is so easily removable and put back on, I'm going to only wear it/ stack it with the others when I go out. I will not wear the thin Love with anything else 24/7 like I have done.

Hope that none of this will deter you from getting another Love. I ADORE mine!:love:

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
Here are my XXS Trinity and the Etincelle de Cartier eternity band. I love these stacked with my solitaire.

Attachments

• IMG_2691.JPG
    IMG_2691.JPG
    160.1 KB · Views: 163

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, some update for you. So, I've been wearing both Loves together for almost 2 weeks now. What I've noticed are:

- they do scratch each other, bec they move back and forth and bang against each other. The scratches are however faint and not really noticeable (I've RESISTED louping them, haha)
- the most alarming thing is that perhaps bec of the clanging (most prob bec of), the screws become loosened. I just noticed today that there was some movement in my full YG Love, when there was none before when I wore it alone. I had to tighten the screws. Lucky I noticed, otherwise the bracelet may have come apart and I might have lost it!

So now, what I've decided to do is bec the thin Love is so easily removable and put back on, I'm going to only wear it/ stack it with the others when I go out. I will not wear the thin Love with anything else 24/7 like I have done.

Hope that none of this will deter you from getting another Love. I ADORE mine!:love:
Thank you @Phoenix. I love how it looks on you but these are definitely things that you don't know until you have worn it for a while. I would never have thought about the coming loose from banging thing. I would get a second cuff but the sliding on top of each other would really really bother me. I think I will make an Alhambra bracelet my next piece.

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock

WeeOui, do you have any other photos of you solitaire with the XXS trinity? I was strongly considering this as my wedding band for my rose gold solitaire. Do you know if they're still selling them in the US stores? Thanks! Your rings are beautiful, btw!:love:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Oh this sounds aweful!!! It must be because of the size of your bangles. That you have a tiny wrists but wear 16s. My bangles rarely bang and they NEVER NEVER jump eachother.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WeeOui, do you have any other photos of you solitaire with the XXS trinity? I was strongly considering this as my wedding band for my rose gold solitaire. Do you know if they're still selling them in the US stores? Thanks! Your rings are beautiful, btw!:love:

These are sold in boutiques and are back online again!

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
IMG_0580.JPG

Thank you! I really love the trinity! I bought mine a few months ago in the store. They called it in for me since it was out of stock online at that time. It only took two or three days to arrive at the store.

WeeOui

Rough_Rock
Premium
I ordered my trinity a quarter size larger than my solitaire size. My solitaire is a size 6, and my trinity is a 6.25 (Cartier size 53). For whatever reason, the slightly larger size felt more comfortable on my finger and seemed to look better with the knife-edge of my solitaire's band. The website recommends going smaller than your usual ring size, but that wasn't comfy for me at all, and it didn't allow for any of the rolling movement I love to fidget with!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_0580.JPG

Thank you! I really love the trinity! I bought mine a few months ago in the store. They called it in for me since it was out of stock online at that time. It only took two or three days to arrive at the store.
This is such a gorgeous combo:love::love::love:! I'm so sorry to threadjack, but how big is your solitaire?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love & Alhambra.jpg
Thank you @Phoenix. I love how it looks on you but these are definitely things that you don't know until you have worn it for a while. I would never have thought about the coming loose from banging thing. I would get a second cuff but the sliding on top of each other would really really bother me. I think I will make an Alhambra bracelet my next piece.

LLJsmom, yes, you don't until you have them on for a while. I think that Hathalove is right abt my bracelets being too loose, hence the constant banging and swapping places. I think the screws coming loose - as a result of the bangles banging against each other - is a real issue and I have read about it on another forum (naming no name, hehe) and my own SA uses Loctite glue on her two Loves, though it should not be an issue for you, since you have a cuff.

But can't wait to see your new Alhambra bracelet!!! :appl::dance: Which stone are you thinking of, if I may ask? I must say I'm partial to Onyx, it pairs beautifully with Cartier RG and YG. An inspiration pic (not mine) for you attached, hehe.

Last edited:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh this sounds aweful!!! It must be because of the size of your bangles. That you have a tiny wrists but wear 16s. My bangles rarely bang and they NEVER NEVER jump eachother.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason. I hear rumours that Cartier is going to introduce a size 15 in the regular-sized Love. If that is the case, I might sell my existing Loves to get the size 15 (prob not the ceramic pave Love though that is the biggest one - it's actually bigger than my plain Loves). My VCA is approx the same as Cartier 15 and it fits perfectly (not too tight, which would be too restrictive for me).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ordered my trinity a quarter size larger than my solitaire size. My solitaire is a size 6, and my trinity is a 6.25 (Cartier size 53). For whatever reason, the slightly larger size felt more comfortable on my finger and seemed to look better with the knife-edge of my solitaire's band. The website recommends going smaller than your usual ring size, but that wasn't comfy for me at all, and it didn't allow for any of the rolling movement I love to fidget with!

I have the same ring. It's weird that Cartier recommends going smaller. My Trinity is a 48 or 49 (I forget and am too lazy to look it up) and my ring size is 46 or 47 (again, I forget). It fits a bit loose but comfortable. If I'd gone for 47, it'd have been too small.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if that was the reason. I hear rumours that Cartier is going to introduce a size 15 in the regular-sized Love. If that is the case, I might sell my existing Loves to get the size 15 (prob not the ceramic pave Love though that is the biggest one - it's actually bigger than my plain Loves). My VCA is approx the same as Cartier 15 and it fits perfectly (not too tight, which would be too restrictive for me).

I've heard that same rumor! I hope they do as I think many people would benefit. You really won't loose that much money selling and rebuying if they do come out with the 15s. I think you will still have good movement but won't have the problems you are with these. Should still be comfortable. Believe me I hate tight things. Fingers crossed that they do. If I happen to accidentally "run into" my SA I'm going to ask her. She always knows things way in advance.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've heard that same rumor! I hope they do as I think many people would benefit. You really won't loose that much money selling and rebuying if they do come out with the 15s. I think you will still have good movement but won't have the problems you are with these. Should still be comfortable. Believe me I hate tight things. Fingers crossed that they do. If I happen to accidentally "run into" my SA I'm going to ask her. She always knows things way in advance.

Please. Thank you.

And if I do change over to size 15, it'd be a bit of a hassle, but should be worth it. It's better to wear things that fit properly.

ETA: My Cartier SA has just confirmed that size 15 is coming out!! OMG!!:appl::appl::appl:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Please. Thank you.

And if I do change over to size 15, it'd be a bit of a hassle, but should be worth it. It's better to wear things that fit properly.

ETA: My Cartier SA has just confirmed that size 15 is coming out!! OMG!!:appl::appl::appl:

Yay!! Can you return the thin RG for the size 15 since you just bought it? Are you within the return/exchange period? One less bracelet you would have to sell privately.Hopefully your SA is flexible especially since you have purchased so much with her. Then you would only need to repurchase the YG original once it was released in the 15. My guess is that the pave ones are harder to sell 2nd hand? I believe you wear that on the opposite wrist though so you should be great there.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay!! Can you return the thin RG for the size 15 since you just bought it? Are you within the return/exchange period? One less bracelet you would have to sell privately.Hopefully your SA is flexible especially since you have purchased so much with her. Then you would only need to repurchase the YG original once it was released in the 15. My guess is that the pave ones are harder to sell 2nd hand? I believe you wear that on the opposite wrist though so you should be great there.

I doubt if I can. It's been 2 weeks already!:(

Agreed; also would think that the pave would be the hardest to sell, since it's a larger amount. I may just need to keep it. I could sell it via an auction house and am certain it'd sell, but their commission is horrendous.:sick: I'm wearing the Love one at a time. Everything is big on me, even on my right wrist which is just under 13cm. No worries, this is totally a FWP, lol.

But I am glad that finally Cartier is listening to us and knows that the Asian market needs a size 15!!

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Please. Thank you.

Hi! Thank you so much for confirming this. I sold my 16 Love because it was too big but have recently been missing it. I was thinking about buying another one but also have the small VCA perlee clover and did not like how my Love always went over my VCA. I will definitely wait now for the 15. :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
That opal ring!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I've posted my trinity here yet. It's the small version (2.9mm). I've had it about 6 months and it started getting the patina after 1 month. When I bought it, I asked the shop assistant about re-polishing and she advised against it as the ring would get scratched up again almost immediately due to the nature of the design. I do like the 'lived-in' feeling and wouldn't want the ring to look brand new so I don't plan to polish it anyway. :)

The second photo shows the difference in color in the 3 bands. The white gold is a lovely warm white.
20170418_114050.jpg

19984542_211252622735270_8329296919708827648_n.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I doubt if I can. It's been 2 weeks already!:(

Agreed; also would think that the pave would be the hardest to sell, since it's a larger amount. I may just need to keep it. I could sell it via an auction house and am certain it'd sell, but their commission is horrendous.:sick: I'm wearing the Love one at a time. Everything is big on me, even on my right wrist which is just under 13cm. No worries, this is totally a FWP, lol.

But I am glad that finally Cartier is listening to us and knows that the Asian market needs a size 15!!

Original in 15s are up on the site now! Might mean they are in the boutique too. Or something your SA can order for you. Yay!!!

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh and Phoenix were you able to exchange the thin since you are going to convert to 15s?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results