carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, 60F degrees sounds good. Yes we are getting a storm next week too. And so winter continues.
How did work go yesterday? I hope it was calmer. Chocolate relaxes me too. My favorite is dark chocolate but I won't say no to milk chocolate if that's all there is LOL. I think chocolate (milk or dark) goes very well with peanut butter don't you think? :lickout:

Did you hear Ben and Jerry have made new flavors that are dairy free. I am sorely tempted. :devil:
http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-23574/we-tried-ben-jerrys-new-nondairy-flavors-and-theyre-amazing.html?utm_source=mbg&utm_medium=email&utm_content=daily&utm_campaign=160217-we-tried-ben-jerrys-new-nondairy-flavors-and-theyre-amazing

I especially like the sound of that peanut butter cookie flavor. Oh why aren't things that taste so good good for our health? :blackeye:
During my freshman year of college I lost my meal card within the first month but hated the meals there anyway so I stopped eating there and had Ben and Jerry's Heathbar crunch almost every day as a meal replacement. LOLOL. Yeah I was really intelligent when I was a teenager. :rolleyes:

I bought cedar wood strips to battle the moths. Not sure they are working but they can't hurt right? Not sure if these are Miller moths or not. Forgot to google it but will do so today.

Jimmianne, how was your day with your DD yesterday and how is she feeling? I love your diamond dreams. I usually dream (nightmares more like it) about work. I would gladly swap with you. :lol:

That is one talented Kitty Jimmianne, thanks for sharing. :))

I have an appointment with David today and I am a bit stressed about a few things but working it out in my head.

Have a great day everyone and looking forward to chatting via phone with some of you later. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A very late good morning from Scandinavia! :shifty: :wavey:
Work work work and had a facial this morning because I have a business dinner tonight and wanted to look good (better?). Do you like facials and other pampering stuff? I'm afraid I'm addicted to nice nails and lashes - as natural as possible but fake offcourse, hahaha. Defend the money spending by telling myself that its important to look presentable at work :angel: Hmmmmm...

Missy: My (Our. As in they belong to my husband also. No idea why I always refer to them as mine) children are 4,4 and 8. If you are wondering why there is suddenly three of them, the dog is included LOL. I always say that we have 3 children, and that one of them has a tail. The dog is the middle one. I'm glad you like the doors. I have ordered them now :) Hope your day is a good one! Oh and by the way: the view from your security camera is simply stunning!! :love:

Thank you all for the interest in our house :) The log extension is being hand made (as opposed to the logs being cut by a machine) inside a large factory building. When it is ready, all the logs will be taken down again and transported to us to be rebuilt, almost like you do with LEGO.

The house we have no is not much to show, it has been "remade" in the 60's with a panel surface so it needs a full renovation to get back to its old self. Also, it is very small. Not much money in our area of the world in 1901.. But on the pluss side, the extension is quite big (at least for Scandinavian purposes) so I'm very much looking forward to finally having a big house :) We have been waiting for the building permit for 5 years, and then 2 years for production capacity with the log company. So now I'm super exited and you may hear a lot about housebuilding, colours and kitchens going forward, LOL.

Marcy: totally understand about not wanting to ask Marty about work - such things can be so sensitive, especially for men I think. They always wants to be our hero - at least the men I know :) We do have a very beautiful mountain were our cabin is located, but for the house, I have to make do with forest :) The killer rabbits sounds like fun :bigsmile: Sorry to hear about moths. We don't have them here. Hope your work-day is ok today! I know how stressful work can be. It's not always easy to put on a big smile and do everything one task at a time in super human tempo :wall:

Jimmianne: You are so sweet! Hope DD is better! And I like your dream! Diamonds are so beautiful and it is so important to treasure the beauty of nature, isn't it :shifty: :angel: :shifty: Love that you like architecture! You will be hearing a lot more about the house I'm afraid.. I like a minimalistic style, but not in a Scandinavian way, more like a minimalistic (read: not so many things, I hate clutter and ornaments) luxury meets French country chic, meets traditional solid wood and furniture and large rooms and high ceilings. Oh that is a really really bad description. Sorry. I'll include a few pictures that are kind of an inspiration to us regarding colour etc.

Inspiration:

Thinking about blue kitchen cabinets

The walls are going to be snow white (stain not paint, so kind of see through)

Please all let me know what you think - scream out loud, I'm not sensitive!

kitchen_7.jpg

66_1913038240_xl.jpg

1_9.jpg

img_10817.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, thanks for your words of support, it is nice knowing you're keeping me in your thoughts. I'm no saint, I have reservations about having my mother at my house and am nervous about it but I'm coming to the conclusion it's really the only thing to do at this point. And having a caregiver coming on a regular basis will really help. Time for junebug to put on her big girl pants and do the right thing. Going to my sister's is really not a viable option because she works from home and is sometimes extremely busy, there's no way she could take care of my mother and work at the same time. Not ruling out nursing home/assisted living at some point either, and I have a feeling it's a distinct possibility further down the road. Of course, my mother will not want to come to my house and will not want a caregiver but the days of having things completely her way are nearing an end. Thanks again, you are a doll for listening to me, I know there are people dealing with a lot worse, but this is still a situation that has affected my life in several ways for the past 5+ years so I appreciate your kindness.

Love the pic of the kitty by the bay! :love: I really am so happy they seem to be managing through this terrible weather. I have had it with this weather too and am really looking forward to warmer temps and more sunshine. Yeah, maybe overall this winter hasn't been the worst we've ever had but I don't care, it's still been miserable and depressing and I'm sick of it lol! Love the pic of the rainbow too, there's something magical about them . Rainbows also remind me of my daughter - when she was little she would always add one to her drawings, so cute!

I'll be thinking of you today as you go to your doctor's appointment. I'm sorry there are things stressing you out right now, I know it's a terrible feeling to be on edge and worried and I hope you can get some answers to the things that are causing you anxiety.

Jimmianne, thank you…you are a sweetheart…and your understanding and concern mean more than you know. Honestly, just having you girls here to confide in is such a major help and I appreciate it so much.

Sorry your dd isn't feeling well, and I hope she's on the mend by now - how nice that you are close enough to keep her company while she's sick, and also nice for you to get a chance to spend time with her!

Love your diamond dream! It does help me feel less guilty about loving diamonds so much lol. I dream about diamonds sometimes too. I've had 2 dreams where I find my original ering diamond. It's always much bigger in my dreams though! :lol:

Marcy, I am so sorry to hear about all the upheaval at work, it does sound stressful and just so aggravating. I'll be hoping things eventually settle down and you can get back to a more normal routine. And I'm hoping Marty hears something about the job soon, it's nerve-wracking to have to wait like this. :knockout:

And thanks for your support! You girls are the best!

Scandinavian, I'm so glad you've joined us and I've enjoyed reading about you! You sound like you have a wonderful family and life, and some very exciting things going on! The picture of your addition is amazing and I'm really looking forward to hearing about the project as it progresses, as well as all of your interior decorating ideas. I love your inspiration pics, and I think soft blue cabinets would be lovely. Love the door too. Just to fill you in quickly - I'm married, live in New Jersey and have 2 kids, a 26 year old girl and 23 year old boy. I am a caregiver for my 91 year old mother who had a stroke 5 years ago. Right now she lives in her home with my brother and I go 4 days a week to help, but as you can see in my comments to missy this setup will probably be changing soon.

Hope everyone has a good evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, rats another storm is heading your way. It seems like this has been a long winter. I hope your appointment with David went okay. I like milk chocolate and dark chocolate but not the 80 - 90 % cocoa dark chocolate. That is too bitter for me. Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia is one of my favorites. It sounds like you at least had tasty meals in college. Healthy well that is another thing. Peanut Butter cookie flavor sounds really good. I hear cedar hangers help with moths. I think miller moths are different; they are larger for sure.

Scandinavian, I think it’s good to pamper yourself. That reminds me I need to paint my nails. I am sure your “3” kids keep you busy. Your extension sounds fantastic. Do you have to get a permit and have the design approved so it blends in with the original home? My husband travels to the UK quite a bit and I know some places have to do that in the UK. So I might be confused you have a mountain cabin but that is not your home? I probably missed something. Either way I am still excited for being up in the beautiful mountains. The killer rabbits are fun. One of them travels with Marty so every new place Marty goes has a picture of the Killer Rabbit there. Both the KR and bears have their own Facebook pages. Glad to hear you don’t have moths there - now I want to move there. I like your vision and style for your decorating.

Junebug, you have every right to try and take some of the stress off yourself and try something different with your mom. I know it will be a tough decision met with resistance but you are doing what is best for you, your mom and your brother. We are thinking of you. I hope you have an early and lovely spring. It was in the 60’s here today but super windy. It was so nice when I walked in the door at work I wanted to turn around and come home. I could work from my patio, right?

We had left over pasta and veggies for supper.

I had a talk with my boss first thing this morning and voiced my feelings of anger and frustration. I don’t know it helped but I feel better. At least I am less agitated tonight.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good (late) morning from Scandinavia!
Business dinner last night was a little too late, so I'm working from home today to get an extra hour of sleep.
Its Friday!! I love Fridays :) Even if I have to work weekends sometimes, I always love Friday evening - still the whole weekend to look forward to :)

Junebug17: So are so kind and strong and amazing for taking such good care of your mother! I'm a strong believer in family values, and I appreciate how hard it must be for you. Things are never as easy in practice as one would like them to be. A part time caretaker does sound like a really good idea to lessen load a bit. No matter how much you love someone, you will still get tired and I believe taking care of someone is a huge job. All my best wishes to you! (And thank you for having me :))

Missy: So sorry that I missed that you were going to the doctor yesterday! Hoping everything went well! Sending you my best wishes now after the better late than never principle.. Hugs!

Marcy: Glad you are feeling better about work. Sometimes you just have to say what you think or your head will explode - at least if you are anything like me.. LOL. Your confusion is probably my fault :think: We are building a log extension to our house. We also have a mountain cabin (part log part normal) and a seaside summerhouse/cabin that is in desperate need of fixing, we bought it last year and it is really old and not at all well kept. But that will have to wait :) House first :) You are quite right about the building permit. Normally we would have to send plans for design, contractors and everything to get it approved. That is a terrible process. But to make it worse, our house is located in an no-way-you-are-going-to-build-here agricultural area with a permanent building restriction to protect the land areas. But as I inherited the house, and it is really old and small, we have spent 5 years to get an exception from the rules from all kinds of government agencies, including the Ministry for water and energy (tiny creak going through the property).

Wishing you all the very best weekend ever! Life is what you make it :) (read: I have to work but want to go skiing so I'm taking the laptop (and family) with me to our cabin). Right now I'm making (trying to more like it..) cinnamon buns based on almond flour.

Please excuse typos, my spell check is an idiot online and I don't bother to do the whole cut and paste from word.

20160103_131540.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, sweetheart, I am so sorry because you have been dealing with so much the last 5 years and you really deserve a break. Please try to find a competent and caring person to help you with your mother and forget about getting your brother on board. He will come to your side as soon as someone who is good at their job starts helping with your mom. Just go ahead and start the process because I guarantee it will be a relief for you to get that much needed assistance. I am sorry it worked out this way with your sister however. I know how much you were hoping that would come to fruition. As we were hoping for you too.

You know we are always here for you. It goes without saying but I will say it anyway. You and the other girls have been here for me from day one helping me through what was quite a terrible time in my life and I can never thank you enough. You have a friend for life in me Junie. Know that. I am a Leo and born the year of the Snake and that translates to loyalty with a capital L. I am fiercely loyal and you can depend on me! However you want to as you know I am not limited to PS or email or text. You can call me or we can meet whenever you want to OK? More (((hugs))) and I hope things become a bit easier and less stressful with time. Life sure has a way of beating us up at times doesn't it. :blackeye:

Scandinavian, I love your inspiration pics. They are gorgeous! That is the kind of cabin I can live in no problem. :bigsmile:
I love blue cabinets. Everything you posted is just beautiful. :love: So excited for you and looking forward to hearing more about it as the project proceeds.

Haha yes I get that. You have 3 children. I have 4. And let me tell you we almost added a 5th. Not crossing it off the list but putting that idea on hold. If we lived in just one home we would have added that 5th already. But going back and forth from one home to the other with 4 kitties is challenging enough. Adding another might not be the smartest idea no matter how much my heart wants to add that 5th family member. One day. And then I also want to add 2 rescue dogs to our family. Poor Greg. :lol:

I like being pampered but I don't get manicures or pedicures. I keep my fingernails neat and trimmed but do not wear nail polish and as for pedicures my BIL is a podiatrist and I won't go into details but pedicures can be risky. I paint my toenails myself but have been keeping them bare for other reasons this winter. Suffice to say I have been having toe issues related to perhaps my leg surgery and have not been doing anything that could aggravate the situation. It is frustrating as I love pretty painted toenails and mine are anything but these days.

And forget facials. I have super sensitive skin and while I know many say that I truly do and almost anything flares my issues so I do not do facials and wear minimum makeup and do as little as possible to my face in the hopes of keeping it calm. It has been a losing battle lately but keeping my chin up and hoping for the best. :|

Sorry Scandinavian, I know you were hoping for a more fun and light hearted answer. Forgive me. Once I get going I don't know how to stop and I don't want to rain on your parade. I enjoy hearing about others being pampered and getting pretty so please share. I live vicariously through you girls in certain aspects and love hearing about things you can do that I cannot. Makes me almost feel like I am getting to enjoy it to yanno?

Yumm cinnamon buns sound delicious. And don't worry about typos. That darn autocorrect makes all of us look like bad spellers LOL. No worries about that OK. Your posts are quite enjoyable and perfect as they are. Yay for an extra hour of sleep today and yay for the weekends!

Marcy, I am sorry you are dealing with work stress. I am glad however that you voiced your thoughts to your boss and got them off your mind and that it made you feel less angry and frustrated. I am confident these issues will be fixed and things will get back to calm at work but in the meantime it is stressful and upsetting. So glad you got to share your thoughts with your boss. (((HUGS))).

As usual reading what you had for dinner last night has made me hungry. Sounds delicious. And yes having Ben and Jerry's my whole freshman year was quite enjoyable though the freshman 10 was not. :lol: OK I still have to look up Miller Moths. Doesn't sound like we have those here. Just the normal garden variety moths who are bad enough right? LOL death to all annoying bugs. Be gone!

And speaking of be gone I wish all storms would be gone too! Bye bye. :knockout:

Thank you all for your good wishes on my dermatologist appointment. I won't go into detail (I bored Callie and Kristie enough with that yesterday when I got back from the dermatologist) but suffice it to say I am not pleased. At all. Oh well what else is new when it comes to my face and skin issues. My mom put it into perspective for me. It is *just* my face and not a life and death situation so deal with it and get on with my life. Which I plan on doing. It just sucks though because having had great skin and a flawless complexion for the first 40 years of my life makes it that much harder to accept what has been happening to me now yanno? OK enough bellyaching from me. :knockout:

Just want to say I love you girls and I hope everyone has a great Friday and a great weekend ahead! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is cleaner day and I slept in, with still all the picking up to do, so this will be brief.

I want to say more about your project, but Scandinavian, I love your ideas/color scheme and those cabinets are great - a beautiful shade of blue and the distressing is perfect.

There is a production delay at JA, so I'm not quite getting instant blingification : (
But I did dream about diamonds again. Scrolling through pages of them. Ugh. Must stop doing that IRL before going to bed. lol.

I'll be back after the cleaning starts. I usually do some organizing project while she is here, but flake out long before she does and end up hiding in a corner with my laptop. I don't know about you guys, but to me it feels awkward sitting while someone else is working right in front of you.

:wavey: Happy Morning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne, we posted at exactly the same time with my long post above yours at 7:56AM EST.
I agree I hate being in the house when our cleaning crew is here so I always schedule them when I am at work. 8)
Good luck with the morning chores and please check back later OK. I want to know how your DD is feeling.
Sorry about the JA delays. Don't worry. Bling will soon be on the way! :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from the Scandinavian mountains :bigsmile: :wavey:
I love the winter, so pretty. Hope I can get nice picture later to day and share with you tomorrow!

Missy: 4 kitties! That sounds so nice! I'm trying to convince my husband that we need one more dog but he is not quite there yet. I thing he will get used to the idea soon though.. :) LOL :angel: Really sorry to hear about your skin. I know how frustrating that can be. I had acne when I was younger, and it left a lot of scarring. The scars are almost gone now, but I have been spending years and too much money on treatment. And my skin is still prone to breakouts if I eat sugar and generally loves being red. I hate that, so in "response" I love makeup :angryfire: LOL My skin is generally a bit difficult (although not as bad any more so I really feel for you) which is why I do my nails at a salon - cover them with gel instead of polish, makes them look perfect for 3 weeks at a time - I need to look professional for work (client meetings etc) and my outdoor activities sometimes otherwise makes them look like I have a part time job as a gardener, hahahaha. Not good. Hope you will get your skin to behave better soon!! Thinking of you!

Marcy: hope you had a good Friday at work! Please let us know if you would like us to yell at your boss :devil: :halo: :devil:

Junebug17: thinking of you and your mother and the rest of your family. Hope you will have a nice weekend and that you will be able to do something nice and relax a bit.

Jimmianne: Thank you for all your comments about our building project. I really appreciate all you girls commenting, and I will keep you posted. So nice to have someone to run my ideas across. (I have lots of good friends, but they are not so interested in diamonds, design etc.) Cleaning help sounds so nice.. We don't have any. Sight. No so common in Scandinavia due to the general "everybody are equal" principle in combination with the general cost of hiring help - for example - a cleaning person would be approximately USD 100 per hour. So in result, there are very few cleaning agencies and definitely not any where we live. Oh well. When the house gets bigger I will be able to ignore it for longer periods at a time, hahahahaha... Hope your bling turns up soon!

Missy and Jimmianne: Just a note on cleaning for entertainment purposes: Here, if you have help, you have to sit there and watch them, otherwise they might (i) take any cash they find (ii) sit there and drink coffee you should be sitting there drinking (iii) drink any alcohol they may find. The latter actually happened to some friend of us. They put a line on all bottles in the liquor cabinet and after seing that the bottles were slowly being emptied, they caught them on camera! I was so shocked!

For me, this day is all about working, skiing and working - in that order. All the best for the weekend to all of you!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In general I don't feel comfortable with people having the run of my house, but my person is wonderful, so I got lucky there.

I had a lovely long talk with David at Diamonds by Lauren yesterday after seeing this on his website----> r6713-104-ctr-a.jpg
I thought it was one of the most beautiful stones - it is the center of a suite of three. :love:

Marcy...Miller Moths! I had to google to see what they look like. They are so cute! haha
moth-hi-2_cg.jpg
It really took me back - when I was a little kid my Mom used to talk about the Miller Moths that threatened her fastidious home : )
I get those tiny moths that hatch out of sunflower seed for birds and they end up in drinks and food, so I'm with you on that subject.

Scandinavian, I built a log house in the North Carolina Mts. with one of those kits. There were cabins in town built by the famous "Joe Webb" that were very old and of course everyone coveted the old places. You have the best of both worlds. [I decorated in beige. ugh! I wish I had had you as an interior designer back then : ) ]
Here are a few photos of my farmhouse so you can get an idea of what I did here. My place is like a rabbit warren, a lot of tiny rooms. I think my office is perhaps 6x8: )
I changed things constantly for years and finally settled in with this kind of decor. Now I want those blue cabinets! :lol:
p1150246.jpg
p1150231.jpg
img_2849.jpg
img_2961.jpg
p1150222_0.jpg

:wavey: Hi everyone!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandinavian, I would love to see some beautiful winter scenes where you live. Sounds gorgeous.
Your weekend priorities sound good! Glad you have skiing in there. :appl:

Thanks for the good wishes re my skin. These days it is most definitely the bane of my existence. I am now dealing with a problem I never ever had. Blackheads. Not even sure how that is possible as my skin is super dry and in combination with rosacea I am not sure how to tackle this issue. I cannot do peels or retinoids or even Biore skin strips and the such. My skin is really that sensitive. OMG just venting but I am not happy with my skin at all!!! ;(

That's very interesting about hiring cleaning people by you. So expensive and I can see why few people would employ professional cleaners because of the cost making it prohibitive. Yes please keep us posted re your home reno. I love home renos and am looking forward to renovating our beach house kitchen in a few years hopefully. I just love clean lines and minimalism in design and cannot wait to transform our beach house kitchen. Cannot wait to see how your project develops!

Jimmianne, that is an interesting diamond. Can you share more info?
Love seeing more pics of your lovely home!

I have my annual mammo and ultrasound Monday morning. So not in the mood for that. Not that I ever am but really even more not in the mood right now.

Have a great weekend girls and a special shout out to LLJsmom. Thanks for keeping me company during tool shopping yesterday and sending more (((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, it's a carre cut M/vvs or vs diamond by Yoram and is something like 5.5x5.5mm. Very strong Flour. the sides match it and are a little smaller.
They would make a wonderful ring!
It looks like a Frank Lloyd Wright drawing to me.

and I love this Yoram too. c1eb0d_31877ed686954b94823c6e54ff32f29e.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No time for a propper update, just wanted to tell you Missy that my skin gets more blackheads when it is dry. The dryer it gets, the more oil it starts to produce, and as a result, it gets flaky and oily. Perfect combination! :wall: :wall: :wall: (I totally did everything wrong a few years ago by trying to make acne disappear by using to strong products). Finding a moisturizer that works is a struggle though, right now I'm using PCA skin products. The PCA skin purifying mask is good for me, but I have no idea if your skin will tolerate it. So this tip may be just annoying. On me at least, I use the mask for 2 minutes 2 days a week, but ONLY where I have any impurities/blackheads.
http://www.pcaskin.com/daily-care-products/masks/purifying-mask.html
This product really helps me when combined with a good moisturizer. I use Moisturizing facial cream fra ELIXIR http://elixircosmeceuticals.com/products/moisturizing-facial-cream-2/
which is really good for me, I have seen a real improvement in my skin. My "skincare lady" also told me that the redness of the skin becomes worse if I'm not good enough to eat vitamin C, so I'm going to the pharmacy first thing Monday to by some supplements.
These are also good
http://www.pcaskin.com/products-by-skin-type/sensitive/protecting-hydrator-broad-spectrum-spf-30-3.html
http://www.pcaskin.com/daily-care-products/broad-spectrum-spf/weightless-protection-broad-spectrum-spf-45-3.html

I only added the links / my experience in case you are interested in trying something new. I totally understand that you probably are not interested in that at all :). With a sensitive skin all change is a gamble. For me, Hydradermie treatments are also good - sort of locks hydration into my skin for a few weeks time :)
http://www.guinotusa.com/treatments/hydradermie/
But important to only use the products for sensitive skin, they have different sorts

And suppricingly enough, my skin actually likes Bobbi Brown cosmetics. Especially the skin foundation stick, but also tollerates the long wear even finish foundation. (I'm shocked, hahahah..)

My very best for the weekend! Now: make dinner for the family (my husband is fantastic and I love him to bits, but he does not love the kitchen and the kitchen does not love him.. hahaha..)

xoxo (sorry, simply could not resist.. ) Scandinavian girl (again, sorry, kind of childish..)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there everyone!

Missy, thank you so much for your support and friendship! Got a little teary-eyed when I read your understanding and caring comments :oops: I was a little upset when I posted and I've calmed down a bit…I will continue to work on getting some help at my mother's house…because my brother is living with my mother, he has developed the attitude that he's completely in charge, when really he's not…it's a frustrating situation and I thank you for listening and for your input. It is truly so nice to know you are here for moral support, and I hope I can do the same for you ((((hugs))))

I'm sorry the derm appointment didn't go well and you're having more skin issues :(sad I guess we have to begrudgingly admit that your mother has a point lol - that said, I do understand how you feel and it's hard sometimes not to be upset by things that involve our appearance and that affect how we feel about ourselves. I'm not thrilled with my face these days, truth be told. I really am sorry your skin continues to be such a source of frustration and I still hold out hope that it will eventually improve. Big hugs to you and I hope you will start feeling better about this soon.

Marcy, I'm glad you had a talk with your boss and voiced some things that have been bothering you…if nothing else, it feels good to make your feelings known and get it all out of your system. So glad you're enjoying some warm weather! We had a very mild day here today and it was great.
Thanks for your support, I so appreciate you girls being here for me! Yes, I feel I have a right to try to make this situation a little easier for everyone too and it's very frustrating that every idea I come up with is shot down. I'm very lucky to have your friendship!

Jimmianne, your home is SO beautiful! Your artistic talent comes through in your decorating choices, everything just goes together beautifully and I love the colors and accents you've chosen - my dd is very interested in interior decorating and design and I can't wait to show her your house. Thanks for posting pics, I really enjoyed seeing them.
Ugh, sorry about the delay from JA, I agree that it defeats the purpose of the whole instant gratification thing lol! But the important thing is you have a pretty sparkly to look forward to :dance:
Love both the diamonds you posted! Very beautiful and different :love:

Scandinavian, I'm glad you were able to get away for the weekend to go skiing and still be able to get some work done! Sounds like you are having a really fun weekend with your family. Love your pic, it's beautiful!

Wow, you have really had to put a lot of time and effort into making your addition a reality! You have been through a lot and it must have been so stressful but it will all be worth it when you have so much more additional space to your current home. It really is very exciting and I can't wait to see it all come together!

Thank you for your nice words, you are so sweet…sometimes I feel I'm not doing a very good job at caregiving, or anything else for that matter, but I'm doing the best I can and hopefully can make some arrangements so that things are easier for my brother and myself.

Had a nice Saturday just being home with dh, ran a few errands and had dinner at a new local restaurant - had a delicious grilled cheese sandwich with roasted tomatoes and avocado and a really good tomato bisque, yum! Total comfort food lol.

Hope everyone is well, will check in soon!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Sunday to you all :)

We had a lovely day out in the snow yesterday, but the light was horrible - flat light, no sun, no view. So no nice pictures. I'll show you what I mean. When you try to take a picture, it looks like you are in the middle of a snow storm.

A bit windy, so didn't go anywhere too high. So how about two nice picture from another time instead? LOL

Looks kind of flat but it really isn't, I promise. You can go higher and higher for a whole day, the peaks are between 2000 and 2500 m.

Today - a bit of work, more skiing, and then home.

Jimmianne: That diamond look sooooo nice! I love diamonds.. :) I don't have anyone in that cut (first stone). To me (please don't take this the wrong way, my love for diamonds are in no way matched by knowledge or skills..) it looks kind of vintage. Not the cut but the expression you could make with it. (I'm much better at fashion, please let me know if you need inspiration for outfits, hahaha...) I think that would make a very nice ring! 1920s, Charleston era, proper art deco etc. Oh well, never mind me, I'm ranting :) Second stone: love this one too. I probably love all diamonds.. :love:
Thank you so much (!) for the pictures! You have a lovely home! I love all the inspiration I can get :bigsmile: I especially fell in love with your kitchen, such a beautiful colour scheme!! Would love to see pictures from the log house in beige too :) Re me as interior designer, you are way to sweet but much appreciated :)

Missy: Thank your for your interest in our house project! I love clean lines too :) Please went all your skin issues on me! I really feel for you and I know how horribly frustrating it can be! Sometimes I just fell like I want to scream. But my skin is better now, so I really hope your skin will be better soon too!!! Tried to include some pictures from the mountains for you.

Junebug17: Thank you! Yes, the building permit issues have been driving me up the wall for years. But now - finally - yippi! :) Hope everything is ready by Christmas. I want to have a big old fashioned christmasparty, hihihihihi..
You are a good daughter and a good caregiver to your mother! I can tell how much you love her from your posts, and as you love her and are doing your very best at the same time, I'm sure you are doing a very good job! But miracles are difficult sometimes. So are perfection and ideal worlds are hard to come by. I keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hope you all will have a nice and relaxing Sunday!

20160220_153512_1_.jpg

img_10840.jpg

img_10841.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Scandinavian, thank you! I so appreciate you sharing what works for you. I am a bit overwhelmed right now because I am so without any knowledge about this latest skin issue. Blackheads. No experience at all. I am going to read all your links and do some research and I really really appreciate you taking the time to share this with me.

I did order some online BHA products last night from Paula's Choice that are liquid exfoliators that you leave on and supposedly good for sensitive skin. However Paula did write that if you have rosacea be careful. LOL. So when it arrives I am only going to test spot it and see what happens. It's frustrating to have hypersensitive skin with this latest issue because what is good for blackheads is bad for rosacea and my other skin problems.

I also got a sample at a local old fashioned chemist's store in our neighborhood of an Avene product called Avene cleanance expert. However it is scented! What are they thinking? Why make a product for sensitive skin that has fragrance? Argghh. :nono: Anyway I did apply a drop to the side of my nose last night to see. Nothing so far.

Thanks for listening and also for your advice!

I love your newest pics and think they are beautiful even with the lowlight. And your sweet dog is just the perfect model. :love: Gorgeous. And what a smart outfit too. Love that red coat and those booties.

Enjoy skiing today! I know we have a time difference so not sure where you are in your day but I hope you are having fun!
And thank you again!

Junie, You always are here for me and support me and I feel the love. Thank you! I so hope this issue works out for you and your family. Your brother is so not in charge. What is he going to do if your mom moves in with you? Is he going to stay on his own at the house? I wonder if this gives him more purpose and direction and how the change would affect him. I really hope he listens to reason and allows you guys to get extra help so maybe at least your mom can continue living with him. And then move to your sister's home. LOL you know I am persistent when I think an idea is a good one and I want you to get a much needed and necessary IMO break from being the main caretaker. (((Hugs))).

Hope you have a lovely Sunday!

Jimmianne, thanks for the extra info re the diamond. It's pretty. How is your weekend going? How is your DD feeling? Hoping she is all better!

We had a nice casual day yesterday and the weather was awesome. High 50's and sunny. Today won't be as nice as it will be cloudy and cooler but still mild. Tomorrow I have a mammo and ultrasound and I so feel like canceling but I probably won't. I never want to go but am even more not in the mood for this than I usually am. How did it get to be another year so fast???

Have a fun Sunday girls! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, we can be miserable in anticipation of tomorrow together : ) OK?
I somehow stupidly made a dental appointment for 9am and it is an hour from here. I truly dislike going to the dentist anyway!
But afterward, I am stopping in at my oldestbest friend's house who lives in that area. We were both horse-crazy back in the day.
[Now she is selling the family farm, which is a treasure... 300 acres about mile from Duke U. and has amazing views. When her great-grandfather developed this tobacco farm it was out in the middle of nowhere. Now it's almost in downtown Durham!]
She is selling to a developer, but I want her to list it with Sotheby's as a country estate and let someone from Duke-or even PS! :lol: build a dream home. I mention this in case anyone on PS needs this place!]

I hope your latest products have a positive result. From time-to-time I use what I have left of a "Mario Badescu Control Cream" and it clears things up right away.
It was taken off the market due to some ingredient that could not be sold here, but I am sincerely hoping that it was the Balsam Peru in it, not the "bad" ingredient, that did the trick, and so have ordered their new cream, Badescu "Healing & Soothing" still with Balsam Peru, that supposedly calms skin [5 stars reviews]. I will let you know if it helps. Meanwhile I will check out the product you are trying and maybe get that too. There is a key somewhere!

June, you are sounding a little more upbeat. I hope that is true. It is unfortunate that one of the big stressors has to be dealing with siblings. I had that and another friend recently had that that problem. It just complicates things, especially when that sibling knows everything!
OMG that grilled cheese sounds amazing. I want one right now.

Scandinavian, I love your dog! Always wanted one - grew up with a red & white next door named Nutmeg. Love the sweater and boots - quite natty!

My DD is still sick. She is the kind of person who runs until she collapses and I am concerned. She is quite down as well. I went in yesterday, took her for a short walk in the woods & gave a pep talk and will go back today. Her birthday is in two weeks so I gave her a ticket to see her BF on her BD as a gift. I was hoping it would lift her spirits, & they are so miserable apart. Now I think she should get totally better first....too late! lol
I'm trying to figure out when my life became totally focused on her. Surely I had a life before this! :lol:

Thank, everyone for saying such nice things about my house.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :wavey:
I'm back in the city now, but I just have to share one more pictures from the mountains, the weather cleared up beautifully yesterday!

We had a lovely weekend, but now it is time for work. Sometimes I can get so sick of working. I have a (really) good job so I should not complain, but I get so bored sometimes. If anyone has any motivational tips, please feel free to share..

Missy: Read somewhere else that you were stressed about your doctor extracting your blackheads and leaving little holes. Please do not worry about this. As long as he was careful, there should be no scarring or anything like that. In a few days, the holes will be filled with new blackheads. The hole is just from the missing clog in your pores. But I do not think it is a good idea in general, as I believe it irritates your skin and only fix the symptom, not the problem. At least for me, it is much better to cleanse and moisturize. The black colour is from the oil oxidizing, so be sure to use moisturizer (and or make-up) after cleansing. (Annoying tips - that I'm sure you already know and are doing but that works for me - are to (i) drink more water (ii) eat less fruits (to much sugger makes your skin worse, more inflammations and more of the red colour) (iii) no bread, cakes, white rice, potatoes, corn or other high GI food. (iv) careful with caffeine (v) no soy (vi) no yeast (vii) no to dairy products. I'm not following these all the time, but I do if my skin acts up to help calm it down again.)
Please let me know if any of your new products are good! I always love to try new things :)

Missy: Good luck with your annual mammo and ultrasound - you are so right to do these! My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer and survived without any problems (except the operation to remove) because she was diagnosed early due to going to regular controls. But I really understand why you hate it. I really hate anything to do with doctors. And especially these kind of things which for me at least feels kind of private and none of their business..

Jimmyanne: Good luck with the dentist! I truly utterly hate dentists... at least when I have to go and see them...
But I love horses :). And I would love (love love love) to have a horse farm - except that I would end up with way to many horses as I would not be able to sell any of the ones I raised..
So nice of you to like my dog :) She hates her skiing costume, but it is necessary when the snow is deep to keep the snow out of her fur - otherwise she ends up looking like a snowball and that is no good for running.. And a GPS collar to make sure my little baby doesn't get lost :) She likes that though, she knows it means that she will be able to run free :)
Re your DD: your life became focused on her when she was borne :) I mean that in a nice way. My parents are always there for me when I need them, and I hope that I will be able to do the same for my children, also when they are older. I think you are an amazing person for focusing on your daughter when she needs you. And I hope that she will feel better soon. The love from your family always helps. Life is a little complicated sometimes, but always it gets better again. Hugs!

Junebug17: Hope the weekend has moved things along in the right direction, even if it is just a small step. (I would just hire help if I believed it was the right thing to do, but then again I should probably work on my diplomacy skills... :shifty: )

20160221_133326_1_.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, good luck today at the dentist. If I remember correctly this is the dentist whose staff goes gaga over your bling so that's a bright spot of the visit right? You get to enjoy bling with others. I hope your appointment goes well. That is a lovely gift you gave your DD. I am sorry she is still ill. Sending her lots of get well vibes.

Ooh tell us more about your best friend's family farm. Could it become a NIRDI retreat? 300 acres seems large enough right? We need details please. Please email me a link to her property if you have it...amazing view and close to Duke sounds good!
And have fun with her today!

Scandinavian, thanks for the reassurance on both counts skin and breast exam. I'm glad your grandmother survived breast cancer and did very well. Cancer is such a scary diagnosis. I have more than a few friends who developed breast cancer in their thirties and forties and fifties and it seems like we all know at least a handful of people who have had this diagnosis. I wonder if it is becoming more prevalent in our population or just that the instrumentation and machines and medical science are getting better at diagnosing it earlier.

I sure hope you're right that the hole fills in..hasn't yet and the appointment was last Thursday morning. I think he manually removed the blackhead because my skin is so sensitive and he knows there's a good chance I may not be able to tolerate a harsher cleaning regimen. Why all of a sudden am I getting these? My pores used to be invisible and finally after over a decade this darn rosacea and the inflammation that comes with it is causing permanent and unwelcome changes. I will keep doing the best I can and persevering however and appreciate your input. I will keep you posted if I find any new products that are good. I am glad you are having success with your skin care regime.

Thanks for your diet tips. I actually already do all of that so I have no changes to make unfortunately in that arena. No dairy, no wheat, no gluten, no added sugar and little fruit now that it is the winter, hardly any high GI food (bananas are the highest GI food I eat I think), no yeast, low soy. I do have coffee every morning and I just cannot give that up. I don't think it is causing me any skin distress having my coffee and it makes the mornings manageable lol. And thank you for sharing what you know about this. Any and all tips are very welcome by me and appreciated so please don't hesitate for fear you are annoying me. Quite the opposite!

Thanks for the additional photo. Just gorgeous scenery. I am glad you for the most part like your job and feel lucky to be able to do it. That's a very positive thing. As for what to do if you get bored I find it helpful to take a short break in order to get my mind back focused on work. Can you take a 5 minute walk outside? Or perhaps a quick phone call to a friend or your dh can get your head clear and back to work? I think short breaks throughout the day are important to keep us interested and focused and also for our sanity. And then also a healthy snack to keep you alert so your blood sugar doesn't come down too low.

Yesterday the Sunday animal rescue group we always visit let me name a new kitty! She is so sweet and once again I am in love with another. I named her Penelope. Wasn't that super nice of them to let me name her? The woman in charge of the Sunday rescue group asked me if it would be OK if they made her nickname Penny. LOL I said of course. I mean they let me name her and I didn't even ask. I love the name Penelope. Now I wish we could just adopt every single on of them! Jimmianne, that farm could sure house a lot of kitties dontcha think? 8)

I hope everyone had a good weekend and enjoys their Monday. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I think that farm would make a purrfect kitty retreat!
I should have bought some acreage when my friend offered it to me 17 years ago, but they were asking 30k an acre [in contrast, my farm in a more rural area was at that time 3.5k an acre]. I would have had to live in a cheap little pup tent. NOT even a kitty tent, so THAT was out!
I'll post a link when it goes on the market, and maybe get a photo from the top of the hill today. The kitties would love it. I'm sure there are plenty of mice in the barn as well!

I'll check in at the end of the day.
It does help that my dentist is adorable and a gentle flirt. However, this is not the bling show-off, that's the orthodontist, but they are nice anyway. I guess the hygienists are not paid as well as the Invisalign techs, or at least their in-office culture is not based on lots of diamonds : ( : )

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

I'm alive!

Scandinavian, yay for working from home on Friday and enjoying Friday evening. Sweet you have 3 homes to host the Scandinavians NIRDI GTG. All of your homes sound fabulous. Thanks for the explanation. What a chore to get permits and permissions but I am glad all of that time and work is paying off. We have an HOA and have to get any outside changes approved. Cinnamon buns do sound delicious. I loved your beautiful snow pictures. I would imagine Scandinavia is really mountainout. It's interesting that your mountain peaks are about 2000 - 2500 m - our elevation here is 1848 meters. Our mountain peaks average about 3900 m. Everest is 8848 m. Neat comparisons, huh?

Missy, now I want Ben and Jerry's just talking about them. I seem to be on an ice cream binge. I usually eat slow churned though so it's better for me. Sorry to hear your dermatologist didn't have magic fixes for you but as your mom said it's not life and death. That is always a good perspective to help accept things. But I get it - it's your face. I have several scars on my face and neck and it took me a long time to gracefully move on from worrying about them. I hope your tests went well this morning.

Jimmianne, I completely trust our house cleaner which makes it nice. She will take some time off for maternity leave and some of her relatives for will clean for us then. I am sure I'll be a bit nervous but fine. I agree it feels funny to be sitting around while someone cleans your house but I manage. We often go out for breakfast if we are both home. I didn't like that close up of that stupid miller moth but at least it's on the previous page. Good one! Love the diamond from DBL. I loved seeing pictures of your pretty home. I hope your dentist appointment was painless and you got a good report card. That is sad to hear your friend is selling her family farm. I hope someone who will love it and treasure it ends up as it's new owner. I hate to hear you DD is still sick.

Junebugc, Saturday sounded like a really nice day with your DH. The new restaurant sounds perfect. Nothing like a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup. Marty had some tomato bisque soup when we were at Pebble Beach and I had a bite of it. It was fabulous so I kept eating it. About 2-3 hours later I was getting sick like I ate chicken. I looked up a recipe online and it has chicken broth in it. It figures. I feel for you being between that rock and a hard place about your mom. We are here for you and know you are doing the right thing whatever you decide to do.

We had a busy weekend and a lazy weekend. We had our astronomy meeting Friday night, went out for pie afterwards so I got to bed late. Saturday we made our own breakfast and I ran errands. I got a hair cut, washed my car, went to the cemetery, stopped to try on the pear pendant and picked up some lunch on the way home. The pear diamond was a yellow diamond but not a pretty yellow. It was .95 carat which gives me an idea for size. First I have to finish paying myself back for my EC diamond and Marty's Snoopy watch. Must quit shopping for a pear diamond. I want a florescent one too.

Saturday night we met my sister, BIL, nephew and his wife for supper in Colorado. It was a fun evening. My niece-in-law does clay sculptures and she gave me a teddy bear. She teaches clay sculpture classes at Micheals and this was her Valentine's project. It's cute. I'll get a picture of it. She is quite talented.

Yesterday we went out for lunch and I worked on laundry. I finished a book I couldn't put down so I didn't watch any new movies this weekend.

That white 4 letter word is back in the forecast for tonight. Boo!

Have a great evening and week!
Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls :)
I think it was Missy that mentioned that I'm in another time zone. I'm starting to really appreciate that, because it allows me to enjoy your company together with my morning cup of coffee :)
Nothing much going on here today. Work. My children have a "winter holiday" this week, making work a bit more challenging. But today my mother is babysitting, so I'll have to try and make the most of today. Unfortunately, I have a hairdresser appointment today. I forgot.. and as I have to pay for it if I don't cancel more than 24 hours before, I might as well go..

Missy: hope your appointment went well! Personally, I think cancer is becoming more prevalent. I also have friends who have developed the diagnosis early in life, one of my best friends in her late 20s and another in his 30s. Don't know why, but we try to eat mostly organic food just in case. (The things they put in food these days, I can't believe its allowed!) Also, sunblock. At least that one has a clear cut connection to skin cancer. And wrinkles. Don't forget wrinkles - so much more important, LOL :) I'm crazy about SPF, always wear at least 40. :shhh: LOL That is one good thing about your skin though - if it produces a lot of oil, its supposed to get less wrinkles! Hope the holes have filled in by now! If your skin can tolerate some make-up, I'm quite fond of Bobbi Brown. Both the stick and the long lasting foundation does a really good job of hiding redness whilst not irritating the skin. Oh well. At least it doesn't irritate my skin. Do you have a favourite or are you so used to perfect skin you don't wear any make-up perhaps? I'm also testing this one right now:
http://www.schrammek.com/derma-cosmetics/sensitive/rosea-calm-cream/
I'll let you know in a few weeks how its working for me. Remind me if I forget :)
Yes, a walk outside to buy a snack might do the trick :)
Rescue centres: So good of you!!! I can't go to places like that. I would take all the dogs home with me, and my husband would move out.. I love animals, and I would love to have a big farm with dogs and cats and horses. I'm really scared of mice (and snakes) though.. so I would have to teach the cats to not show me their catches.. LOL

Jimmyanne: Hope the dentist appointment went ok? Please share about the farm later :) :love:

Marcy: Your weekend sounds really nice! Astronomy meeting? Please tell me more about this :)
Oooh a pear diamond in yellow! That is really high up on my wish list! Probably going to stay there for a few years, because I want a big one for a bling bling necklace.. Need to save some money first... You must keep us posted :) Everest: I would so love to climb that mountain! I used to dream about it when I was younger, but then I didn't have the money and my parents refused to sponsor "the insanity".. Now with children I think it would be too self indulgent and risky.

Re Scandinavian NIRDI GTG
: You are all off course welcome to visit any time you are in the neighbourhood! I love (well behaved) guests :) Holidays in Scandinavia can actually be quite nice, but I would perhaps recommend the summer if you are not fond of skiing :)

S

summer2.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now with Ms. Scandinavian onboard we can have a really fabulous NIRDI progressive dinner party!
Your posts are making me curious about Scandinavia and it will be fun to research. All I know so far is that you might be only about 2 hours flight time from Paris?

:wavey: Marcy! Alive and sparkling! When you see pears, share them for fun, OK? I have been on a pear kick for weeks - maybe I've gotten it telepathically from you : ) I found that cute microscopic fat pear on JA and had ordered it, but ended up changing the order and getting the cute fat microscopic marquise instead. So. Pears are next & still very much on the radar. Do you like the antique cuts with the big culet as well? What shape of pear do you like best? Happy- oh yet more snow- day.

I have to go back to Durham. The dentist rescheduled just as I was going out the door.
But walking my friend's farm was magical. I used to ride my horse all over those hills so it brought back memories. It was raining but we could see the tower of the Duke Chapel through the trees. There was a herd of 14 dear and I found a newly shed large antler on the field near them.
I think I will research pawn shop locations before heading out the door this morning. :naughty:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! OK I just got my second cup of coffee and can now enjoy what everyone has shared here.

Scandinavian, I am loving all the photos you are sharing, thank you! What a beautiful place you live. I am not sure where you live in Scandinavia but it is so scenic. :love:
Yes we have a time difference and I think it is around a 6 hour time difference. Is that right?

I hope your hair appointment goes well. I have been trying a little hair experiment and not colored my gray since September. That experiment is failing miserably LOL and I caved and made an appointment for March 5th. Not sure if I will change it but I really would love to go gray naturally but this growing out phase is brutal. And with long hair it might not be a good look as I think if one goes gray it looks smarter if your hair is not below your shoulders as mine is. If only I had blonde hair it would look so much better growing out. I keep toying with the idea of changing the color but Greg is against it and likes me as a brunette. But I think it would be fun to go a different color. Any suggestions? 8)

I wear minimal makeup and when I do I wear Dermablend cover creme to cover my red/pink areas on my face and any bruises my dermatologist has given me from the last appointment. :oops: I used to enjoy wearing eyeliner and mascara but since last month I have not been even wearing any eye makeup at all due to the internal hordeolum that I developed and is still there. My upper lid is still tender with a lump (attractive right :shock: ) so just holding off on that for now. It's lucky I have a strong sense of self or I might just be really down on myself with the way my appearance has been lately. That hole/indent where he did the blackhead extraction is still there btw. I hope this doesn't mean this is now permanent. Sigh.

Do let us know how your latest makeup product trial goes and I am going to check out all the links you have shared. Thank you.
I agree with you about sunscreen and I think that is one of the reasons I look younger than my age. Even yesterday at the mammo/ultrasound appointment the technician commented how I don't look my age at all. She thought I was in my early 30's at most and I am 50 and 6 months (haha it must be the cryo marks all over my face from my dermatologist visit last Thursday makes me look like a teen with acne :roll: ) and I think it is in part due to how careful I am with sunscreen.

Though these past 12 plus months I have not been applying any to my face when I go outside unless I plan on being outside for a long time and that is due to my dermatologist recommendation of skipping it if I am just outside casually i.e. not for really long periods of time. I really am uneasy about skipping sunscreen because I know damage is cumulative however we think it might have aggravated/exacerbated/even caused to some extent my POD from 2014/15 so I just skip it for now (unless we are cycling or something like that).

I get what you mean about rescue organizations and wanting to adopt every single of the animals. That is me too. Poor Greg as we go through the same conversation every weekend haha. We almost adopted another 2 weekends ago but I stayed strong even though Greg caved. It's just we travel back and forth every weekend in the good weather with all 4 kitties and it is a lot of work rounding them up each time we go there and back so adding a fifth is a challenge. When we are in one home I plan on adopting at least another or 2 and hoping I can rescue some dogs too. Working on getting Greg onboard. :devil: :halo:

Thank you for that lovely invitation and same here. You are welcome to visit NYC. So many great bling places we could take you!

Marcy, glad you enjoyed a lovely weekend with your sister and BIL, nephew and niece in law. How nice that your niece in law gave you a teddy bear. Sounds like fun and I love that you can just go to Colorado like that. Sorry you also have scars on your face. I don't mind them on my legs/arms/chest (I have them all over) but on my face plus rosacea not loving it. I have to gracefully move on from worrying about that as you have. I will use you as my inspiration if that is OK.

Slow churned ice cream is delicious and it's funny how I just haven't missed having ice cream too much. I guess we can get used to almost anything. I don't even miss bread that much though I still have it occasionally when we go out to eat and they have an especially delicious bread plate. How is Marty doing with the no/low carbs? I think it is Marty who was trying that low carb diet. But I might have misremembered and if so I'm sorry Marcy. But if it is Marty how's it going?

Friday night astronomy meeting with pie (what kind of pie? I am imagining apple or cherry) afterwards sounds perfect. How is the new meeting place working out now? Has that been sorted and I hope that person no longer disrupting your meetings.

Hope you don't get much snow in the latest snow forecast!

Jimmianne, Oh no why did the dentist reschedule yesterday? How inconvenient yet a reprieve at the same time lol. I hope he is OK. I hope your DD is feeling better. I'm glad you had a good visit with your friend yesterday. Please keep us posted on your friend's farm. I know it's just a dream but OMG how great would it be to have a NIRDI retreat and animal rescue farm there? 8-)

Have fun pawn shop shopping today and if you see anything amazing please keep me in mind! :lol:

Thanks all for the good luck on my appointments yesterday. Both went well and I am good for another 12 months hopefully. Just a gentle reminder please schedule your Mammo/Ultrasound as needed OK?

Have a great Tuesday girls!

Just adding a movie rec from one of the women I was in the waiting room with yesterday. Meru on Showtime I think. It sounds amazing. I had a great chat with all the women who were getting mammograms at the same time I was as we were all in a private waiting room together and were chatting. Lots of good recs but this one was my favorite recommendation. Tivoing it and I think it is on this morning in fact. Anyway just wanted to let you girls know.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, I hope the new products you mentioned help - I can see where it's challenging to find products and treatments that won't irritate your sensitive skin. I've had clogged pores since I was a teenager. A dermatologist told me at 15 that I would have them the rest of my life and he was right. I had acne as a teenager because of this issue and it was very difficult so I understand how distressing it is to have skin issues. I still have breakouts occasionally even at 55 unfortunately. I have controlled the clogged pores over the years with OTC cleansers and creams but they are probably all too strong for you. I did go to a derm several years ago and she gave me some prescription creams and they didn't seem to do much, although I probably wasn't as vigilant as I should have been in using them. I recently read about steaming the face to open up the pores so I might try that. Sorry you are going through this and I really hope you find something that can help clear your skin.

Aw, it's cute the shelter let you name one of the kitties! I love the name Penelope too. It's so nice that you visit shelters and give the animals there some attention and little love. I know it's so hard to leave without bringing one home with you!

Thanks for your thoughts and input…another option is for my mother to stay for a month or so at my house and then return home, so I guess for now he'll remain in the house. It's really hard to make changes to a situation when the people involved aren't supportive. I think it's true that caring for my mother makes him feel he has a purpose in life. I appreciate your concern and for looking out for me so much, thank you!

Scandinavian, I am really enjoying your pictures, your country is beautiful and the scenery is breathtaking! :love: And your dog is so sweet and just adorable. It's so enjoyable and interesting to be able to hear about life in another country, it's amazing how the internet can bring people together. Thank you for sharing your life with us. I'm going to read up on Scandinavia now lol.

Jimmianne, I'm sorry to hear your dd is still not feeling well and is a bit down. It was so nice of you to buy her a ticked to France, very thoughtful and caring of you. You're such a good mother and it is so great that you are there for your dd when she needs support and help. Hopefully she'll be feeling better by the time she leaves for her trip. I guess being a mother never really stops, does it? I don't think our concern for our children will ever end as they make their way through each phase of life.

Looking forward to seeing your new marquise! Visiting pawn shops sounds like fun, let us know if you stumble upon any secret treasures ha!

Thanks for your understanding about my situation…yes, the fact that relationships among the siblings are strained isn't helping lol.

Marcy, sounds like you had a productive and fun weekend! I'm glad you had a nice break from work, and I hope things settle down soon at work for you. I love the thought of you eventually getting a yellow pear diamond. I understand the wallet has to recover a little but eventually it would be awesome to add a new stone to your collection. Sounds like you had a great time getting together with family. How cute your NIL made a bear sculpture for you! Looking forward to seeing a pic of it.

Callie, LLJsmom, Sharon, and Kristie, thinking of you guys!

Have a good day everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, yay for the kids having a winter holiday. Wow that is kind of crazy you have to pay for a hair appointment if you don’t cancel 24 hours before. Dentists and doctors do that here. I am really fair skinned but can’t stand to wear sunscreen. When I use it I get Neutrogena; it doesn’t seem as greasy. I get the crazy SFP 72 or something like that. I just try to stay out of the sun. My husband and I run a local astronomy club. We have monthly meetings, I do a monthly newsletter for it and we have star parties in the summer. There is a spot the state park service allows us to use about 35 miles out of town that is nice, dark and secluded. I would love some yellow diamonds too but it is not in my top 10 right now. I’d have to get a ring, earrings and pendant. Right now I’d like a colorless pear diamond solitaire pendant. I have some RB dangle earrings that I might change to pears if I get the pendant. Of course I still have sapphires I want upgrade it’s a never ending wish list. I would say climbing Everest is dangerous but what an accomplishment for those who reach the top. Your summer view is beautiful. I can’t promise to be well behaved though.

Jimmianne, at least most of us are so far apart we will be hungry again when we get to the next entree at the next NIRDI house! Good idea for a progressive dinner. I know - pears are awesome aren’t they? I will have to go back to that jeweler and get a picture of the yellow pear. I like modern cuts, antique cuts - I like them all. I was just playing with the shape tool on pears - I like the 1.45 to 1.60 ratio. I am anxious to see your fat marquis. Our snow was mostly non-existent. It ended up in Colorado. There was just a skiff of snow out there. It sounds like you had a lovely time at your friend’s farm. Good luck at the dentist. Did you go to the pawn shops? Maybe they have a gorgeous pear diamond.

Missy, I am sure once you live in one home you’ll herd of fur babies will grow. And you will spoil each and every one of them. We can say our scars are our battle scars and the other guy looks worse. The one of my neck bothered me a long time; it was raised, red and about 3.5 inches long. A plastic surgeon cut off 3 moles and just butchered me. Then it got infected. I couldn’t stand a color on it for several years. Then I have a scar on my forehead (fell off the porch when I was 3), a scar under my right eye (opened a car door in to my face in high school) and a scar on the left check (another mole). Right up near my hairline I have 2 recessed scars from spider bites that became infected. They injected them with cortisone so they never formed a keloid. I have knee and abdominal scars from surgeries. I scar easily too. I guess I have so many of them I am just used to them. Marty is doing good with the no / low carb diet. He is eating a lot of salads, veggies, chicken and occasional bread, pasta, beef and even sweets now and then. I notice he isn’t giving up his beer or wine with most meals. He has lost inches for sure. I had apple pie after the meeting with a scoop of ice cream. I think this meeting place will work out nicely for us. I like its location. It’s a block and a 1/2 a way and that is a Wyoming block not a city block. I hope your tests went well.

Junebug, I hear you on clogged pores. That has been a life long battle for me too. I have good luck with Clinque. I, like most of you ladies; need to stick with the hypo allergenic / sensitive skin products. I used to have one of those facial steamers and it did help but my clogged pores never really went away. I should see if my jewel jet works that way. That is funny you mentioned reading up on Scandinavia; I was thinking the same thing. I almost had myself paid back for our bling purchases at Christmas time then Marty bought our tickets to Myrtle Beach. My tax refund will take care of those tickets. I hope to get that bling debt paid off by my birthday in May so I won’t feel bad looking for some new bling.

I swear I need to get up earlier. I quit reading my email when I get up so I think I have time to take a leisurely shower, take it slow getting dressed and I still wind up with 3 minutes to drink a glass of juice and get out the door. I hate to get up early though.

Another hectic day at work but the days are sure flying by. I started holding a daily meeting with my team to review issues or errors they found that day. I hope keeping issues out there and on their minds will help clean up some of those errors. You know no matter what I try they will think I am picking on them but I always continue to try.

My pregnant cleaning lady is coming to clean Friday then she is taking a break until after she has her baby this summer. She offered me a choice between her sister or her aunt to fill in for her. Her sister would clean on Saturday so I picked her. If Marty is traveling I won’t have to be late for work and come home during lunch to lock up the house. Good idea, I hope.

We had window food again for supper. Bad couple of weeks for meal planning.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a collection from my mantle.

The Snoopy and teddy bear are clay sculptures from my niece. The crystal Snoopy was a present from Marty and the little teddy bear thimble was from my mom's thimble collection. She had one of those collectibles frames with individual squares full of thimbles. My oldest sister who sews took it for her sewing room but I wanted the teddy bear one.

img_10873.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs, just saying hi. I'm thinking about all of you. Junie, thinking about your mom living with you and Missy how is your skin and leg? Jimmianne hi! Kristie hi! Callie hi! Miss you guys. Will just text you all later this week. Busy season has kicked in and it's keeping my brain from going crazy. Playing the waiting game right now. My brain is on overload, just trying to keep it together. Sudoku is helping. Ok will catch up on all the posts this weekend. Hugs...

Hi Scandinavian! Welcome!!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good late morning from Scandinavia!
I'm working from home today, the schools have a winter holiday and the children are too small to be left alone.
Oh well. Something good about everything! Skipped doing hair and makeup etc so could sleep if for a bit. Also prioritised having morning coffee with the dog, hahaha.. (She obviously does not drink coffee, but she likes to curl up and keep me company :))

Jimmianne: Yes, approximately 2-3 hours from Paris, depending on where you want to go :) 2h to Copenhagen, a bit more to Stockholm, Oslo and 3h to Helsinki and Reykjavik! Please let me know if you have any questions about Scandinavia, happy to share what I know :) From a history perspective, you might have heard of the Vikings? Unshaven people in boats roing around trading, plundering and exploring. We are still very proud of them, LOL. Sorry your dentist cancelled! So unfair to make people dreading to go twice! Hope you had fun exploring pawn shops!

Missy: You are so sweet!! Well, the photos are from all over, there is a lot of hours in a car between them. It really is very beautiful here, the nature is soooo pretty and a big reason for wanting to live here. Also, I'm not going to show you the ugly places now am I... LOL :)
My hair appointment went very well I think, just a few highlights all around my hairline to make it a little nicer if I put it up. I normally wear it down, so the sun only makes highlights on top and underneath it can look a little dark in comparison. I'm blond, so no greys. Also, there is a lot of "celebrities" there, and I always think it is fun to see people in real life - makes me realise how glossed up all the pictures / press / selfies / movies are :) No one looks like that when they get out of bed in the morning, LOL. A few years ago, a hairdresser made my hair way to light one time when I needed a few highlights, it looked like it was dyed. So I had a terrible growing out until I found my current hairdresser. She is wonderful. She made a few hand painted highlights to the growing out section, and then fewer and fewer each appointment, just to hide the growth fase and blend it with my natural hair colour. (My hair grows out dark honey and turns almost white in the sun over time/years) Maybe something similar could work for you, only using your brown hair colour and not highlights off course?
Bling places in NYC - that would be fun :bigsmile:

Junebug17: What would we ever do without the internet :) It is so nice of you to like my pictures and my dog :) The dog is kind of hard not to love, most people do love her, she is just so kind and sweet as a "person". Inside that is. Outside she is a crazy hunting dog and will run for a whole week if you do not stop her. 4 hours in the deep snow last Saturday and hardly panting. Startet barking at me Sunday night because she was so unhappy that we were home again - she wanted to go back outside in the snow and run some more (after several hours in the snow and even more hours in the car to get back home). Very happy to share in your life too :) I do hope everything works out with your mother, thinking of you.

Marcy: An astronomy club sounds extremely nice! So much fun! We have a not-so-expensive hobby telescope at my fathers summer house by the sea (not our summer house, another one - too many houses in the family LOL) but I must confess I have hardly used it.. but it view of the stars sure is amazing!! "I can’t promise to be well behaved though." hahahhahahahhahahahahahah.... :bigsmile:
Your nice is really talented!

LLJsmom: Hi! :wavey:

Missy: 10.16 here as I click "submit"

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot "todays picture" :)

Kickbike biking with my baby - always something to look forward to when the snow starts melting - just a few more months :)

(In the "no running around without a leash - period, I have to get inventive to give her enough exercise)

20150727_150535.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results