shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I woke up very early this morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I'm on PS by myself pretty much. Well that's not entirely true. Literally there's about 8 other people online right now I think. :lol:

Callie, how's your eye this morning? Text me when you wake up and we will discuss the options. Did you enjoy pizza last night?

Thank you for the good wishes regarding my friend from work. She was miserable there and so she thinks this is a blessing in disguise and meant to be. I will miss her at work but hope she will find a happier and more fulfilling job somewhere else. There have been so many changes already and changes that are coming and I am pretty much alone at work now with only one friend left there.

Also, just want to add that I don't think Sharon has shingles now or even very recently but had it in the past and is now dealing with post herpetic neuralgia.

Sharon, please correct me if I am wrong and sending lots of (((hugs))) your way.

Hey to everyone. Hope you had a good Saturday. Today we are going to see The King and I and then out to dinner. And it's a beautiful day too. In the 50's maybe 60's and sunny. Hope everyone has a great Sunday. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, glad to hear the plastering is done and I am sure Greg will do a superb job on the painting. I am not very patient at waiting for renovations to get done. I am always agitated when the house is in disarray. Good luck with trying your assorted samples of Paula’s Choice. My hands get really dry and the only thing that keeps them from cracking and bleeding is Neutrogena hand cream (which is thick like Vaseline) and I’ve been out of it for weeks. So I was using some Carmax extra strength and it was breaking me out. You could see a rash that ended right past my wrist. I picked up some more hand cream yesterday. Ha ha to my work days being a “bear”. That is funny, I am going to steal that from you and use it frequently. Sweet. No, Marty wouldn’t move to Atlanta by choice. If that is the only way he could keep a job then maybe. It would be nice to live somewhere warmer and closer to some of you NIRDIs. That is great you have playlists set up you like to listen to; I always think I’ll do that then don’t bother. Good idea to cancel Sirius/XM if you aren’t using it. Marty keeps signing up for these things here and there and wow does it add up. He bought his own exercise equipment then joined a gym, joined a gym in D.C. although he hasn’t been there for months, joined Kindle Select (or something like that), I am sure as soon as Top Gear shows up on Netflix he’ll join that again. That’s why I buy sapphires. Ha! Our 2 land lines, internet and 2 cell phones are a little over $300 a month. My company pays me back about $38 per check for my cell phone (I’m on call all the time) and Marty’s company reimburses him about $120 a month for his office phone and part of his cell phone. I bet Greg is excited to start working on his shop. How exciting. How was the King and I? How was dinner? I am glad you had nice weather.

Jimmianne, see I took French for 10 years and I didn’t remember sweet or unfortunately. It goes so quickly. And school was a long, long, long time ago. OMG you are on the Paleo diet. That is what Marty is going. The book he picked up is called “Paleo Perfect”. He made an excel spreadsheet and is tracking everything he eats. I know you said you are having good results with it. Do you like it? It seems to be high maintenance for Marty so far. I so agree, work is frustrating me, on my mind even when I’m not there and just plain getting me down so I decide to listen to my own advice and make up my mind it’s not going to bother me. Some of it is so ridiculous you just have to laugh at it, right? Agreed that moving to Atlanta or anywhere would be a new and big adventure. I have lived here my entire life. College was over the hill and only 50 miles away. Atlanta would be a massive culture shock for me but hey what doesn’t kill you makes your stronger. So you are looking at large 1/3 carats for your PC dangle earrings? I so can identify with the chase and hunt for new jewelry. Once I get something new I am on to my next project. Your dangles are inspiring me to look more at pears of course the earring will end up with me getting a pendant or vice versa. I can’t wait to see what you get.

Callie, I am delighted to hear from you. You and your family have been in my thoughts each and every day. Life can sure be tough sometimes. The job posting Marty put in for listed location as “Preferably Atlanta”. During the interview it never came up so I think they just forgot to ask him. I do get frustrated and disappointed my employees are so forgetful and miss things but as I told my boss their error rate percentage is so small it wouldn’t even register on a chart and it’s not like people are stopping me in the hallway and begging to work for me. They don’t pay my team enough to attract highly qualified and motivated people. Over the 16 plus years I’ve been in this position (I’ve been promoted 4 times and title changed/demoted once) I think I’ve seen maybe 4 employees that did well in this position. We have to remember a million details with a million and one exceptions. Some things you see once or twice a year. They are lucky I’m not a job hopper or I’d be long gone myself.

Hi LLJsmom, Kristie, Junebug and Sharon. I hope all of you are doing well.

We didn’t do much this weekend. I have no idea what to cook for meals with Marty’s new dietary restrictions. He is going to a certain amount of protein and carbs each day. Right now I am starving because I had cereal at 7:30, a cheese sandwich at 11 and 2 hot cookies. He is going to cook supper for us sometime soon.

I finished another W.E.B. Griffin book and didn’t start the next one in the series because I’ve had my nose in my Kindle app all weekend.

We picked up some groceries, got my Sirius radio going again and I am working on laundry. Such excitement. Marty logged in to Sirius to get our account number and found you could send you car a hit from there so he tried that and it worked. Score!

We rented Foresaken last night. It was okay. It kind of reminded me a little of Silverado but not quite as good.

I rented Christmas with the Coopers while Marty was gone today and I think I’d like it if I paid a little more attention to it.

I hope you had a great weekend.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

Missy, glad to hear the replastering is done, it's great that Greg is so handy, it does make life much easier!
I'm warming up to my new do and am getting a better handle on how to style it. I was hoping for a more low maintenance hair cut but oh well. Dh seems to like it, says I look very modern lol. I guess that's a good thing ha.
Fingers crossed on the new skin products, I hope you can tolerate them. Let me know how you make out, maybe I'll give them a try!
My mother is doing ok relatively speaking, seems a little weaker lately and is having a little more trouble getting around, which is making me nervous. Short term memory is pretty bad. Needs a lot of assistance. She feels fine and is eating and drinking ok. Thanks for the good thoughts missy, I'll keep you posted on any new developments.
Hope you had a great time at the show and dinner, sounds like a really nice way to spend a Sunday!

Callie, so wonderful to hear from you! Thank you so much for checking in. I think about you and your family all the time and am sending tons of good thoughts to you all.
Ah, I'm sorry to hear your weekend plans fell through but I hope you can reschedule for another time. It would be nice to get away for even a few days. So very sorry for what you're going through and the sadness you're feeling. (((hugs))). I know a family crisis can take over your life, I hope you can find small ways to treat yourself here and there.
My mother is doing ok, I gave a quick update in my comments to missy. My sister is supposed to be coming at the end of May, so my husband and I will head to the beach for a few days then.

Kristie, so glad you checked in, it's great to hear from you! - I'm glad all the decisions are finally made and now it's in other people's hands. These are really exciting projects and I can't wait to see them completed. Love all the choices you've made. It's all going to be gorgeous.
It's good you found something to help you with your clogged pores. I really haven't managed to get rid of mine completely but I can keep them under control I guess.

Marcy, I'm so sorry work continues to be such a source of stress for you. All you can do is show up every day and just do the best you can. I know it's easier said than done and I feel so badly it's getting to you. The job you and your employees do sounds so complicated and it's understandable that a few mistakes are going to be made.
Marty is definitely committed to his new eating plan and that's great, but I know what you mean, it can make meal planning very challenging!
Lol, my dh is dying to play golf too!
I've been fooling around with my hair and have managed to make it look a little better. I think I went a bit too short and I'll like it better when it grows in a little.
Thinking of Marty and the job, and hoping it works out. I dunno, a move to Atlanta would be quite the adventure! But I know it's a big decision and there are lots of things to consider.

Jimmianne, I had to smile when you said you are still checking out diamonds! I can relate, I'll be happy with a new purchase and then think "maybe there's something out there I'll love even more", and it usually involves spending more money! :-o Keep us posted on what you decide to do. I love the idea of princess dangle earrings. :love:

Scandinavian, I hope you are having a great weekend with your family!

Sharon, I was so upset to read in the other thread that you're suffering from nerve pain, I am so very sorry and my heart goes out to you, I'm keeping you in my thoughts. (((hugs)))

good night all, see you soon!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Hope you all had a very nice weekend!
I'm exhausted. Skiing for 8 hours on Saturday and 7.5 on Sunday. Non stop. Cross country. Deep snow. Lots of up-up-up the mountainsides. The weather was truly amazing, a bit cold in the mornings (-20C), but quickly warmed up to -10/-5C, almost no wind, and a spectacularly clear sun :)

The "competition" went very well and not so well. Saturday was a good day, 1 or 2 price for my little baby. Sunday - not so good. Actally lost my temper completely with the judge (not good. :angryfire: :oops: :oops: :oops: ). My little baby got such unfair reviews. She actually lost points for not "raising" (going forward on command to scare the bird and make the bird airborne) the bird! She had found a new bird, and was standing there, "setting" it for me like a little angel after two extremely long days and super heavy snow. My little trouper! And then another dog comes up, and instead of "supporting" her, as it should, by "setting" the bird harder by stopping a few yards behind my dog, the other dog just went forward before we could get there (not good, actually not allowed, it should never go forward before the owner is there, in direct translation it is called "thief-raising" the bird because the dog steals the bird from its owner and the owner looses the chance to shoot the bird if it is an actual hunting scenario). SO. Instead of ducking the little thief points, this dog won the competition and my angel lost points for not raising the bird!!! How unfair. She was waiting for me just as she is supposed to. These things happen, because it is always difficult for the judge to see everything that happens. But still. And then when the judge went on and on about how unfortunate and horrible it was with dogs that did not want to "raise" the birds, and that they should never breed on such specimens, I just lost my temper completely.. ups. Told him to stop being such a negative person and that another person we all know that is famous for being difficult and negative was a true little ray of sunshine compared to him. Not good :oops: . Guess I have a paternal instinct regarding my dog after all... Actually got so upset I started crying. (Lots of people trying to make me feel better and I even got a big hug up there on the mountain side but I feel terrible about reacting that way and not being able to just keep my mouth shut!) So not a lot of grown-up points for me that day. Oh well. I was the only girl so I guess they will just put it down to my gender.. sight...
But still a really good weekend after all. My angel furbaby needs a little more on the staying power side (she got a bit tired in the snow at the end of the day, and that will keep you from 1 price (and earn you a 2 instead) which is what I so desperately want, because then we could have puppies :) Don't want to have puppies on her until she has her 1 price, because I want them to get a really good home) And I need to get her just a touch more obedient, because on a few occasions, she went a few meters too long before sitting when the birds took to the sky. (Sitting on my SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTT nr 3 instead of nr 1.. ) But she did a very good job :) 10 birds on Saturday and 6 birds on Sunday. So best bird finder both days, and it is after all not possible to win any competitions without finding birds :). Not that mr. negative said anything nice about that... grrrr... :angryfire: LOL I get that I care too much LOL Thank you for letting me ramble on and getting it all out of my system!

Jimmianne: Such a nice brooch! I think I will stay very happy with my diamond :) The stone is shrinking, but I like that, it looked a little scary big to me at first :) Hope your daughter is doing better!

Missy: Thank you Missy :) You are too sweet!! Your 3 weeks traveling Italy sounds amazing!! Italy is really wonderful, everybody are nice and welcoming also at restaurants etc. Even when you travel with children, hahahaha.. We never stay at typical "family" hotels, because I think our children are quite enough children on holiday, don't need everyone else's children running around me also.. LOL LOL LOL The weekend was fantastic (minus the 5 minutes ref above..) and the food was really good! Love nice restaurants and a perfectly grilled tender steak :) Hope your apartment is finished and that you are happy with the result and that your husband is not covered in paint (mine usually gets a lot in his hair that stays there for a while, LOL) Going to the the broadway show The King and I sounds like fun :) Hope you had a great time! Btw, I think you are oh-so-nice-and-kind for going to the animal rescue centre! Although it would break my heart every time I went home again, I think helping animals are one of the kindest and most important things in the world. I wish we had that kind of things here where I live. Really sorry that your friend is "leaving you" at work. Hugs!!

Junebug17: Sorry to hear that you have /have had skin issues too. I know them only too well, I had acne when I was a teenager that left scars. Now they are almost gone, thankfully, skinpen/dermapen treatments has removed most of them. I'm so very sorry to hear that you lost your dog. Even though it is a few years ago, I don't think you ever really get over it, at least I don't. I still miss my Golden Retriever that I had when I was 12 to 20 years. You are right that my furbaby is the kindest thing. Our youngest (now 4) learnt to walk by holding her nose/ear... not good.. but she would go back to him to help every time I "rescued" her away from him. The kickbike is really great! I got a tip from a friend, apparently it is a common thing for people with sled dogs, hahaha.. Thank you for you comments re my children - I do try my best, but you are so right - it can be really difficult sometimes to give children a good upbringing - keeping them happy, active, educated, kind, and well behaved. And healthy. The list is long, and it can feel very long sometimes, hahahaha.. You are kind to like my dresses also :) I love them :) Always so nice with something new, even if I don't really need it :) Defending the shopping by telling myself that I have too many white summer dresses and that some colour would do my wardrobe good :bigsmile: Sorry to hear that you are not happy with your new haircut! I think it is horrible if it gets shorter than you want.. I always hate that.. but it grows out :) So just a few weeks and there you go :)
I'm really really sorry to hear about your mom. I guess these things are always horribly difficult. I hope your family starts agreeing with you soon that some extra help might be a good idea!

Azstonie: Nice to meet you too :wavey: That looks like a big remodelling based on the truck :) Donuts are very important! I always try to keep workers happy and well fed - they work better and faster that way I think, LOL. The fixtures for the tub look amazing! I love granite also :) We have used black with sparkles (Labrador) for the floors in the hall and bathroom in our cabin. Can I ask you about the base of the shower? I don't know what to do with that for our "new" house (we are building an extension). Your shower looks big and that is exactly what I want, but I would also like to have a "base"/floor in the shower instead of just showering directly on the tiles on the floor, if you understand what I mean... Any tips are very welcome! That is so interesting that you did a DNA analysis! I have done the same - I'm all Scandinavian, as far as you can go, hahaha.. So no interesting mix in me I'm afraid LOL. Your genes sounds much more fun :) The desert sounds nice and warm :) Please share a few pictures, I have never been there :)

Marcy: May will be a good month :) Very sorry that your work is "less than perfect". But I hope this week will be better than the last. I think your approach is very good though. It will go as it may. Might as well just make the best of it and take it with a smile and not worry too much! :) I always get hungry when I read about what you have had for dinner :) A couple of months (i.e. mid May) before the grilling season can start here unfortunately. Re diets and carbs and proteins: have you tried the ""MyFitnessPal" app? It keeps track of every thing for you if you just type in the food type. And then (at least I think so..) it is easy to know the amount of carbs, fat, and proteins for each meal and for the day in total :)

Callicake: :wavey: Very nice to meet you :) And you are so sweet to like my pictures :) And I'm very glad to know that you also like shopping, hahahaha.. :) Our little furbabies sure has a way of getting into our hearts :)

Please forgive me if I missed something or read it completely wrong or put my comments in the wrong place or anything inbetween. I'm not sure if my head is actually attached to my body today, LOL

Big hugs to you all!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi Callie! So glad to see you surfacing here. I hope that means things are getting lighter in your off-NIRDI planet world. Yes?

Missy, how lucky to be in NYC near the theaters. How was the King & I?
I seem to be missing the news about Greg plastering-that man can do anything- and hope things are getting back to normal in your environment. I can't believe the basement is almost done. woohoo! that was fast. Have you thought up any great woodworking projects for the new space yet? I wish I could send you some of those Eucalyptus boards!

June, How wonderful that you have a plan in place to get away in May. The beach is great anytime, but May sounds perfect with spring weather and not everyone there as it will be in Summer.

Marcy, I hope I haven't been an enabler in the pear department! But happy to shop with you anyway :lol:

Even though the dangles are tiny I invested my heart & soul in the search and have 7 pages of numbers on the various stones. It's a relief to just buy something and make it all stop LOL I feel fairly certain that I won't be able to tell the difference between the stock diamonds and my 3/4mm AGS Ideal upgrade, but in my mind they will be much better :lol:

Hi LLJs :wavey:
Hi Scandinavian
Happy Monday!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday girls and happy Leap Day too! It's February 29th!!!!

Marcy, yay for getting the car radio working again re Sirius and for it being a breeze. If you need any assistance re nutritious meals for Marty pick my brain. I love nutrition and figuring out healthy meals even though I don't cook a lick. I eat with gusto :lickout: and I know what I like and what is healthy so I'm here for you should you want me to help you figure out Marty's meal plans. It's not hard just can be time consuming making healthy lunches and dinners. For lunch I make Greg a salad with wild salmon or tuna or something else every day instead of sandwiches and it's a big hit with him. Plus I include an organic apple a day with his lunch so I'm getting healthy vegetables, fruit and fish into him. Win win. He stays healthier and eats well. In fact I have to get going soon and make his lunch for today. It takes a surprising amount of time but it is worth it. Good luck! oh almost forgot, he has drastically cut out alcohol for now to see how big a difference it makes health wise. He skipped a cocktail last night when we were out at dinner. I was impressed! Of course he is going to have a drink Thursday night when he meets some of his buddies for dinner but that's a huge decrease from having a cocktail every night or at least 5 out of 7 nights a week which is what he had been doing.

Haha glad you liked the "bear" comment. Please feel free to use it as your own. :bigsmile:
I hear you on not paying enough to attract the quality employees. It's a widespread problem. As I am always telling my friend Rob you want a million dollar staff but want to pay pennies. Not going to happen for the most part.

I'm sorry you broke out in a rash on your hands/arms. I use a hand moisturizer that I like very much. Maybe you can check this out. It's called All Natural Waxelene. I use it only for my hands. It has Organic Soy oil, Beeswax and Natural Vitamin E oil and organic Rosemary Oil. Made in the USA. I get it at Whole Foods but there is a website link on the jar. Waxelene.com

LOL Bobby hit the computer just now and I had a mini heart attack because it went to another page but I hit the back function and luckily my post wasn't gone! I hate recreating what I already wrote yanno?

Junie, glad you are getting more pleased with your new "do" and I bet it looks fantastic. The one thing I love about my hair (and really it is the only thing I love about it lol) is that at this length it is NO maintenance. Besides shampooing and conditioning which really only takes about 5 minutes extra in the shower. I wash/condition and then detangle and crimp/dry with Greg's undershirt and go. That's it. No hairdryer no styling, nothing. And then if it's a bad hair day or day 2 of the wash (I usually wash every other day except I wash my hair both Wed and Thurs workdays) I wear it up or back. Easy peasy.

I am sorry your mom can do less stuff for herself and I wish she would be more open to having help and also to getting out to be around other older people who share similar interests. I think it is important as one gets older (but at all ages really) to remain engaged in activities and enjoy the company of others. She is truly lucky to have you standing by her and there for her. Does she like word puzzles at all? I hear that helps memory and helps keep the mind sharper. I wish I liked puzzles more and like LLJsmom I wish I did Sudoku. I have never and in general don't like puzzles. Not sure what that will mean for me as I get older but yes my memory already sucks. Get those word puzzles out for her Junie. Oh, and what about board games/card games. Does she enjoy that at all? That can be a fun activity to do with her and the whole family.

I'll keep you posted re Paula's choice BHA products. I think this is day 3 or 4 that I have been applying at night just to the side of my nose. Good news is no bad reaction (yet). Bad news is no change for the better yet either. Will let you girls know either way.
How's your DD's skin doing these days?

So glad you are looking forward to getting away to your beach house soon. The spring and summer will be here before we know it. :appl:

Scandinavian, what a great weekend you had with your dh and sweet dog! WOW on all those miles you skied. I am so happy you had great fun on your weekend. :appl: I am remembering how much I LOVED cross country skiing. It's a great sport and so good for every part of you. Mind and body!

I am sorry the judge was unfair to your sweet baby. :nono: But I am glad things went well for her on Saturday at least. And she is happy no matter her score so that's all good. I totally get the maternal instinct when dealing with our furbabies. And as far as losing your temper you are in good company (at least I hope you think so lol) because I quite often lose mine. I am a hothead (according to my dh) but the truth is I react quickly without thinking and I also go right back to being even tempered as soon as I calm down. But yes it has gotten me into hot water before. I react and then I think. Not always a good thing but we feel what we feel when we feel it right? :cheeky:
Your fur baby did great this weekend and I'm glad you had a wonderful weekend and hope the kids had fun with their grandmother too.

Thank you for another fabulous photo! :appl:

Jimmianne, still waiting for earshots pretty please. Sorry to be a pain but I need those pics to see those pretty dangles in action.
And I hear you on mind clean. That is important. :halo:

Oh yes I have a number of woodworking projects in mind hehe. Greg will be busy. 8)
It will be a while till it gets set up to his satisfaction. I am not sure when he is scheduling the movers to come and put everything back and get rid of our storage pod on the property but I am looking forward to that.

Those Eucalyptus boards sound great. I am very intrigued and interested. 8)

We loved The King and I though it started over 30 minutes late due to some "small medical emergency". LOL. That's a first. They announced about 10 minutes after the show was supposed to begin that it would be starting a bit late due to a "small" medical emergency. I was like but I'm getting hungry and now we have at least 3.5 hours before we can go to dinner. :lol: Thank you Kristie and Callie (Callie how was the pizza last night?) for keeping me company while my dh was watching on in amusement at the frequency of our texting. :lol: And I'm glad Greg didn't let us leave at intermission. The last part of the show has my favorite song "Shall We Dance"...love that song and dance number.

I really want to get tickets for Fiddler but the nice weather is almost here and I would be upset if we had tickets on a nice weekend where we could be at the beach house. What to do girls what to do?

My dh just dropped a book off with me now called Climate Confusion by Roy Spencer. We had quite the interesting discussion in the car last night going back home about climate change (NOT global warming and my dh had told me often in the past all about how it is climate change but not warming per se but that's another story) and how the government really does stifle the truth about so much. How grants are not given to people who have a different agenda than the government's and how they really are blacklisted if they dare speak out or publish contrary info. Scary! And I cannot help but think does this (I am sure it does!) happen in medicine too? And is there a conspiracy theory that is real? Are cures kept from happening because that would cost lots of dollars to future earnings? Scary scary thoughts and after our conversation last night I'm surprised I had a good night's sleep. But I did. I guess I can be naive thinking certain things but that's because I cannot bear (haha Marcy bear) to think otherwise. Are cures being kept from sick suffering people because of money agendas? Horrible thoughts. :cry:

OK to end on a happy note. It is beautiful here and it feels like spring weather is on the way. I am sitting here with all 4 kitties keeping me company on the bed enjoying my morning coffee with the sun streaming in and feeling content with things at the moment.
Have a great Leap Monday everyone and big (((hugs))) to you all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot, my pic of the day for you girls. Kristie and Callie already got a head start and I wanted to share with all of you. Scandinavian please keep your wonderful photos coming. We LOVE photos here!

From yesterday late afternoon.

missyandgreglincolncenterfeb282016.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Basement delayed because the floor didn't cure right. :blackeye: I feel almost responsible because I posted here it was almost done (because Greg told me it was but still) and I jinxed it. ;( Anyway Greg is not upset and said these things happen and while he would have rather it didn't go this way it did and it will get done. The men have to redo the whole basement floor so now Greg has to change the movers and move appointments he had with Julio and his son. The men think it the batch of the leveling compound was defective and that's why the floor didn't harden properly. Sigh.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, sorry to hear about the delay with the project! All will be well, but I wish it were well Right Now so those woodworking projects could begin.

Marcy, per our conversation I sent a video [that I didn't want to post it to PS] of that spotty VS1 princess that looked like an SI1 to me, but just now found that the mail bounced and was sent back to me : (
I tried! I wonder what went wrong. Too tired to figure it out tonight : )

Goodnight all!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, I'm bummed for the basement floor----would a brand new, never been unboxed under-sink cabinet make you feel any better? :lol: :whistle: :wall:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I am glad to hear you are getting better at handling your new hairdo. My new front bangs are kind of bugging me and now I am remembering why I was letting them grow out. Oh well they will grow out again. I am sorry to hear your mom seems to be a little weaker and having more trouble getting around. I am glad to hear your sister is coming to help out in May so you and your DH can get away to the beach house for a few days. I hope your DH can get out on the golf course soon. It’s been warm enough here to play golf but the wind is relentless.

Sharon, I hate to hear you got the Shingles and are having a lot of nerve pain. I hope you start to feel better soon.

Scandinavian, you and your furbaby had a busy weekend. I am sorry to hear about the judge docking points from your dog. Darn it anyway! I tell you today my team was getting on my last nerve. We are all cranky and I am so frustrated with them. Tomorrow I have people from corporate coming to see “what we do” so I’ll be busy with them most of the day. I have used My Fitness Pay app and really like it. Marty downloaded it yesterday and seems to like it. Wonderful picture of your cute baby and the birds.

Jimmianne, you aren’t an enabler with the pear diamonds; you are supportive and encouraging my sparkly habit. Thank you! I know what you mean pouring through diamonds and then you finally just pick something to get it over with. And then - do I really like this? And then you get to find something new. I have some 1/2 ctw PC from Kays and WF ACA ready-set-to go and I can sure tell a difference. I sent you an email because I wasn’t sure if you sent the video to me or
not. But if you did you can attach it my email.

Missy, I love the picture of you and Greg. It’s fabulous. Oh no to the floor not curing and needing to be redone. Thank you for offering to help me planning meals for Marty. I might take you up on that. I am hoping that new Ap is something he likes. He was using a spreadsheet before. Marty is going to be eating an apple every day too. Marty is cutting back on alcohol too. I know that helps. You are so right about wanting a million dollar staff but you only want to pay pennies. A manager where I work once said if you are going to pay your employees peanuts you are only going to attract monkeys. I thought that was a bit harsh but it has stuck with me. Bobby just wanted to play with your computer. I am glad you enjoyed the play and darn it that you had dinner delayed. IMO I think anything is possible anymore including all sorts of deception. It’s like the X Files.

Kristie, how is your renovation coming along?

Hi Callie and LLJsmom.

It was a total bear at work today. I just don’t know how to fix some of my problems with my current employees. One of the guys is very easily agitated and grumpy and I went in to ask him how this is possible … and he snapped at me. I said calm down and don’t talk to anyone that way especially me. If I had the temper of most people he would found himself at the other end of a serious chewing out. And the next 6-8 weeks will only be worse. Have I mentioned I hate March Madness?

A friend of mine was kidless tonight and her husband was out of town for work so she picked up our supper at Olive Garden and brought over and we had dinner, death cookies, some wine and played cribbage. I won 2 out of 3 games and skunked both my friend and Marty once each. Ha! I am pretty lucky at games like that. One time we were camping in our first trailer (about a 25 footer) and I was creaming Marty at cribbage. He got some mad he went out in the cold and rain and sat outside for a few hours. Oops.

Laters,
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I forgot to mention. Marty's boss called him and let him know he was no longer being considered for that manager position because he didn't want to move to Atlanta. The ones they are still considering either live there or agreed to move there. He seems okay with it. He again said he wasn't completely convinced he wanted to go back in to management anyway.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good Tuesday morning from Scandinavia!
Hope you are all doing well :)
Not much happening today except for work. Oh and a skinpen/dermapen appointment after work, trying to remove old acne scars. It works, but it is a process that takes time and it really hurts.. lol.

Missy: I fell better already to be in such good hotheaded company ;-) I'm so happy that your skin might be tolerating some of you new products! But honey! You are so beautiful! No indication of neither blackheads or rosacea on that picture :) And also, you look like such a perfect and happy couple :appl:
"Small" medical emergency! Haven't heard that one before. Once had a client call off a meeting though, due to a "major" heart attack. Not funny obviously, as that is just sad, but kind of funny anyway that he would highlight that it was major and not just an ordinary one. As if an ordinary heart attack would not justify calling off a meeting, lol. Glad you enjoyed the show! You are so lucky to live in NYC in that way. Here: no shows. Instead: Pay good money to take your children to watch other children perform shows.
That book Climate Confusion, that sounds really scary. I really don't like to think that things can be even worse than we already think, if you know what I mean..
Stupid floor of yours! Sorry that you will have to do it over again, so annoying! But the woodwork projects sounds interesting, please keep us posted :bigsmile:

Marcy: Sorry to hear about Marty's job, or no job. But then again. You never know what the next opportunity might bring. Probably something better! Hahaha I hate when someone comes to "see what you do". Well, your not doing anything are you, because they are wasting your time by making you show them around, lol. So sorry that the employees are a pain in the ***. My only tip with difficult/tired people is to motivate them through chocolate. I often by a big bag of chocolates and put it next to the coffee machine when everybody are just to exhausted to do a good job. Works really well. I'm happy because I don't eat chocolate, and everybody else is happy because they eat chocolate, hahahahaha... Don't know what kind of job you do, but I work in an office environment, and childish things like flying a tiny remote controlled helicopter in the hall, or a good old fashioned chair race has a tendency to increase moral, lol. But perhaps only in Scandinavia..

Junebug: Just wanted to add that I suddenly felt like kicking your family very hard in the leg for being so difficult! Wish they were open to let you hire some help for your mother!

Jimmianne: So excited to hear what happens with those dangles :) And your rooster - hope he is well again!

Azstonie: Hope everything is well in the desert :) (No deserts here, so kind of exotic for me :))

Calliecake: :wavey: Please share a picture of your dog any time you like :bigsmile:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture of the day: Please zoom in and notice that my new ring really enjoyed skiing, LOL

skiing.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy March 1st!

Thank you Jimmianne. How is your rooster doing? I hope there is good news to report. Sort of worried to ask since we didn't hear from you about his progress. Hope he is better!

Kristie, thanks and hoping from hereon in for both of us renovations go smoothly. Before we know it (hopefully) it will all be done and done well. Yay for you having a day off today from the construction.

Marcy, OK so now Marty knows and there will be other opportunities should you and he want them. Wasn't the time right now.

An apple a day is a healthy snack and good luck with the rest of the new eating (and not drinking too much alcohol) plan. Our men are doing it at the same time. Love that. Thursday night will be a test and I hope Greg doesn't overdo the cocktails. He will be with his men buddies and you know how easy it is for them to lose track when men get together and are drinking.

Love that saying and I may borrow it...about the manager paying peanuts and will attract monkeys for employees. Haha but not so fair to the real monkeys. I wouldn't mind having monkeys personally! Not the human kind to be clear but the animal monkey kind. :love:

I am sorry Monday was a total bear at work. :nono: Annoying and frustrating employees to be sure. I cannot believe he spoke so rudely to you. My friend was supposedly fired for being rude to one of the administrative people so what is your employee thinking? Maybe he doesn't want the job. Sorry you are dealing with this and I hope things are smoother and easier at work today. Sending you work ***DUST***.

Thank you for the lovely compliment.

Scandinavian, love the latest photo and yes I see the bling. :love: Very nice. Wouldn't mind some closeups of the bling if you have the time. :naughty:

Love your chocolate treats at work and clever of you to share what you won't be tempted to eat. Smart girl. :halo:
I am picturing people flying those remote helicopters in the hall at work. I can see where that would cheer everyone up and brighten the day and be good for moral. We of course would get into hot water if anyone tried that where we work but then again that doesn't surprise me at all. I don't believe we have a good work morale/happy work environment in general in the USA (with of course some exceptions just generalizing) and correct me if I am wrong but aren't the Scandinavian countries among the happiest in the world?

And thank you for saying such nice comments about the photo and about us looking like a happy couple. We are. Most of the time lol. I am a hot head and sometimes lose my temper but I always calm down and my dh is really such an amazing husband. I don't feel I am an equally amazing wife but I do love him with all my heart and soul. I really do. He is my soulmate and I love him more than I can even express properly with words.

Callie, keeping you in my thoughts and sorry it didn't go well yesterday. (((HUGS))).

LLJSmom, glad you enjoyed that movie and I am looking forward to catching it when it comes to cable.

Junie, hope your week is going well.

HUGS to all of you girls and have a happy and good Tuesday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, ugh, so sorry to hear about the delay in the basement project :knockout: It stinks but Greg sounds like he's taking it in stride and all you can do is keeping forging ahead.

So glad you enjoyed the King and I! I love the song and dance number Shall We Dance, I would probably get goosebumps if I saw it done in person. Such a great pic of you and Greg, you are just the best looking couple.

Thanks for suggesting ways to try to occupy my mother! She's never really been into board games or puzzles so not sure if she'd be willing - but it's worth a try. You're reminding me that when she first had the stroke she'd play solitaire on the computer and the computer at her house has since died but maybe she could handle it on my laptop, I'll give it a try. I've suggested doing cross word puzzles and she shot that idea down right away. She actually likes watching a few game shows and they seem to stimulate her and get her thinking. My brother recently discovered she likes Family Feud and it's been a lifesaver. Now there's a sentence you don't hear everyday :cheeky: ! For the first few years after the stroke I would take her to her Senior Citizens group lunches and parties but after a while she just didn't enjoy them and didn't want to go anymore.

It's great that you have such easy and low maintenance hair! I wish I did - I have thin hair and when I try to grow it longer it just hangs limply down the sides of my face and makes me look older imo.

Unfortunately my dd's skin isn't doing that well right now, she's having some breakouts ;( Poor kid, she inherited my bad skin - actually, dh has clogged pores too so I guess she got a double whammy.

Scandinavian, I'm glad you had a good weekend and had so much fun cross country skiing. I'm sorry the judge was so rude and negative, it was very uncalled for I would have been upset and angry too. It sounds like your precious doggie did well overall and I'm so glad she had a good day on Saturday. I understand having maternal feelings towards a furbaby, I feel the same way and there's just a natural tendency to want to protect and defend them!

Love the pic you posted, beautiful! And yes, I can see that gorgeous ring of yours! :love:

Thanks for your good thoughts about the situation with my mother, I am doing a lot of soul searching and this is a difficult thing for me so I do appreciate your support. LOL to you wanting to kick my family! I do too!!! :D

Marcy, I am so sorry you're going through such a rough patch at work. Your employee was way out of line and you handled it well. Ah, March Madness - now I'm understanding why things are heating up so much. I can see why you hate it lol.

Too bad the job didn't work out for Marty but he sounds like he's handling it well and I guess this just wasn't meant to be. And as I've said, relocating is very complicated and would involve a lot of changes to both your lives so it seems like this job wasn't the best fit for you right now.

Sounds like a very fun evening with your friend - And I'm guessing Marty is very competitive when it comes to cribbage!

Jimmianne, I'm excited about the new stones you're getting and looking forward to seeing pics! I hope you love them, so fun to get new sparklies :dance:

Kristie, I hope the renovations are moving along and things are going smoothly.

Callie, thinking of you as always (hugs)

LLJsmom, hope work is going ok and things are good with your family.

thinking of everyone and wishing you all a great day!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Junie! Thank you for your always kind and lovely comments. (((Hugs))).
I hope your mom becomes interested in one of those activities. I know how much I always enjoy playing cards with my parents and my grandparents too when they were alive.

I'm sorry your DD's skin is not cooperating. So far I have not noticed anything re the BHA treatment I have been spot applying but will be sure to let you know my thoughts.

The basement project is becoming quite complicated and I am trying to not get mad at my dh. Because it was all a lot of money and this is a monkey wrench (haha there we go maligning monkeys again Marcy lol) thrown into the situation I don't appreciate. It may not be a simple fix. Grrrr. :blackeye:

OK I just had to share. The animal rescue group (K9Kastle) posted Penelope (the kitty I named a little over a week ago) on Facebook. She is a LOVE. :love:
I posted how sweet she is on FB and hope she finds a loving home very soon!

https://www.facebook.com/K9KastleRescue/photos/a.198817383461782.58132.198020466874807/1154642541212590/?type=3&theater

penelope.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, I hope you aren’t too miserable from your skin appointment. Sounds painful for sure. Putting out chocolate does sound like a good idea. I take in treats now and then such as cookies, chips and salsa, fruit, etc. Others bring in things as well. I think it kind of brightens everyone’s day.

Missy, I do know how drinking goes with the guys. They lose track fast of how many they’ve had to drink and everyone is always buying another round. If I go out with the girls I usually only have 1 drink because I don’t want to have anymore of that to drive home. That saying about monkeys and paying them peanuts should be used and frequently. Sorry to hear a monkey wrench has been thrown in to doing the basement. I hope it doesn’t turn out to be a bear or becomes a total zoo. Sorry I couldn’t help myself but seriously I am sure things will turn out fine. Penelope is cute.

Junebug, that is great your mom has a TV show she likes to watch. My parents loved Wheel of Fortune and Millionaire. They are busy shows and you can try to think up answers. Sorry to hear your DD’s skin is broke out. Before I got this job I thought March Madness was just a reason to have sales in the springtime. Wrong! Yes, Marty is very competitive and so is my friend. That is why it’s so funny I beat them.

I got to work early today to set up my PC and TV for my demonstration for the guys from corporate. They spent the morning with my boss and didn’t watch me until after lunch. I took everything apart after they left, hooked up my second monitor and then couldn’t figure out how to get my dual monitors to work again. Trial and error finally won out though.

I cancelled my one on one’s with my employees this afternoon because they were really busy and I am agitated enough with them I thought I’d rather wait 2 weeks and see if I can think of another approach to help them on updates. They are killing them.

Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts about Marty and that job. He seems absolutely fine. He says it was a business decision and still says he doesn’t want to live in Atlanta. Now he just hopes whoever gets the job will be a good boss.

We tried a new casserole recipe tonight to use some of the leftover London Broil. It was the beef, cream of mushroom soup, skim milk, potatoes, onions and cheese. It actually wasn’t bad. Marty baked it in a dutch oven rather than a casserole dish to the potatoes could have been more done but it was pretty good. Marty is trying to figure out how to make it some other time with some homemade mushroom sauce.

Have a great evening and Wednesday.

Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
Another day another dime! My first ever boss used to get so mad when I said that, he always said another day - and we were supposed to reply "another dollar". So I always replied "another dime" instead just to annoy him, hahaha.. If he didn't like the answer, he should stop asking the same question, lol. Kind of the same as the monkey and the peanuts, but I guess you might not be telling your boss that.. ;-)
So to Missy's question: No, I don't think Scandinavian work places are any happier than elsewhere. But there is a big difference in hierarchy. The structure is only (well almost only) in place for work decisions, and does not really apply to the other parts of work. Off course, you would not socialise with your employees outside work. But everybody is considered to have the same value as a person, so to speak, and this translates into more of a flat structure. Sweden is actually a bit more hierarchical than the other Nordic countries, but not compared to the rest of Europe (and US I guess). Also, Scandinavia has a very (VERY) strong law based protection for workers - in other words, it is almost impossible to loose your job unless the company is downscaling or you are completely incompetent at what you do. So you can pretty much yell at your boss all you like :) But I would not expect a big raise if I did that.. hahahaha.. not exactly good for your career. Bringing your dog to work if it is an emergency that day, flying helicopters in the hall, and anything in between is however within boundaries and ok. Especially if you are good at what you do. I think everyone always accepts more if you are doing a really good job. It also helps to be blond and smile, if you know what I mean.. LOL :bigsmile:. What is annoying with the "flat structure" is that you have to be ever so polite to the secretaries. You can't just tell them to do something, you have to ask if they possibly have the time, and if they could help with this and that would be very nice. For me, which is a very straight to the point kind of person, this just takes too much time. But then again. If you don't master that art of communication, they will simply say that they don't have the time and possibly they might be able to help you next week. (Its not possible / allowed to say they have to stay until the job is done). I don't mean that they as a person is not valuable. Off course they are. But as a secretary, the job includes some not so interesting work such as typing and copying. Kind of goes with the job.. lol. So there are pros and cons with everything I think.
But let me not forget: the really really really great part of a "flat structure" is that everybody gets heard. If you have been employed for two days - your ideas are still welcome! When discussing a topic, all opinions are valuable and you may scream your head off (in a not so loud sort of way...) to win the discussion if you like, as long as you base our arguments on good sources (and not "I feel that" arguments off course). We don't make decisions that way though, lol. Just the discussions. We're not so formal. :angryfire: :halo: :angryfire: :halo: :angryfire: :halo: :angryfire: :halo:

Today: more work.

The skinpen/dermapen last night went ok. I was a little more prepared this time, so the pain was easier to handle. And it only lasts a few minutes, so just a matter of thinking of something else. But I do think the treatment works. The scars are less deep already (after 5 treatments). So crossing my fingers that they will disappear completely. (They are kind of little dimples a few places in my cheeks. Not too bad, but they annoy me tremendously. My husband doesn't care though, I don't think he even notices, they are not deep. But I see them soooooo well in the "right" lighting).

Marcy: Hope your day at work is better than the last. I think your strategy sounds like a good one. Just postpone and try to survive without going crazy.. Treats are always nice :) Casseroles are always nice :) I made one with elk, carrots, green peas and tomatoes the other day. Actually tasted pretty good :)

Missy: The bling is just this bling :) [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-ct-yellow-gold.219133/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/5-ct-yellow-gold.219133/[/URL]
I'll try to get some pictures outside in the sun and snow one day, that might be nice :) For you being a little hot headed, well as you probably have guessed, so am I. And my husband is very even tempered and has a lot of patience. I don't have patience. What do I need that for when I have such a lot of temper??? LOL. Its ok though. I also calm down quickly. And regret flaring up. But I don't learn.. :wall: For some unexplainable reason, people tend to like me anyways, hahaha.. I am kind and always honest, so that probably makes up for it.. :shifty: Penelope is just so sweet! She looks like a true heartbreaker :)

Junebug17: Big hugs to your daughter. I developed acne when I was 14-15, and it is not fun at all! I have tried this one for blackheads the last few weeks, and I really think it helps: http://www.pcaskin.com/daily-care-products/masks/purifying-mask.html
If its really bad, might try Obagi (works for me, but you do flake a lot (!) the first few weeks until the skin gets used to it). My grandmother (approximately 85 now) has moved to "retirement apartments". So now her neighbours are all the little old ladies that she grew up knowing. She loves it. Her eye sight is bad, but she really enjoys listening to books, you know the ones that you can buy/rent on tape/internet etc? And drinking coffee with the others, lol. I suspect them of drinking more coffee than I do, and that is quite an achievement.. She is in really good health though, so no complaints, she still goes for walks every day and does everything for her self. The apartment does not come with help, but the retirement centre is next door so the idea is that help is close by if anyone needs assistance. And not to forget bingo night. Apparently it is very popular. Go figure. :lol:.

Jimmianne: Please share any pictures you might come across with decorating ideas :) I have a whole house to fix :)

Wising you all the best day possible!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Todays picture:
Trying to choose stone tiles for some of our floors, thinking of this one (Alta slate from Norway) because it is the hardes of the slate stones, and is really good for washing and does not become slippery if (when!) you get snow etc on the floors, lol:

And tiles for the showers, do you like any of these two? They are granite tiles, Blue pearl and Emerald pearl, they are a little sparkly as you might see when they are polished into tiles.

alta.jpg

black_lab.jpg

blue_lab.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cold and windy today. Kind of miss summer

2129307141.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's a very wet windy Wednesday morning here in NYC and oh the bed felt so comfie when I woke up this morning I just wanted to go back to sleep. :snore:

Marcy, thanks for the laugh early in the AM. Loving all the animal analogies. Monkeys, bears and zoos Oh my. Very fitting because Greg and I watched Jurassic Park last night and we haven't seen it since the 1990s. It was enjoyable though I tend to talk to the screen as things happen that I take exception to during the movie and it annoys Greg. :lol: I know they cannot hear me but OMG sometimes they are sort of stupid with what they do. I mean dinosaurs are roaming about and they stop and get out of the car to investigate??? :errrr:

Glad Marty is doing well and sounds like your workday was a bit better yesterday and that your corporate presentation went well. Smart idea putting off your employee critiques.

Scandinavian, I love all decor choices. Blue granite would be my choice for the bathrooms but I LOVE blue in general so keep that in mind and most of my bathrooms in NYC have a blue pearl granite counter and blue bisazza tile on the floors. As for your floor material I love the Alta Slate but for us it wouldn't be an option because slate would be too harsh for our backs if that makes sense. We chose wood flooring almost all over our homes (except for the bathrooms) for ease and comfort for our backs when walking on them if that makes sense. However if that is not a concern I love your Alta Slate choice. Pretty!

Thanks for your explanation how the work structure is where you are and I think it is very sensible. I am always as nice to the janitor as I am to the people in charge and that is second nature to me. Very civilized to have that non hierarchy at work so that everyone is nice and polite to others no matter their position. Though I see what you mean in how it might be an issue if you need someone to do something quickly and efficiently for you and you have no control over having them do it ASAP. That seems a bit off because a job needs to be done and it is their job to do for the sake of efficiency but I guess one has to take the good with the bad.

I miss summer too but mainly miss spring and autumn as those are my favorite seasons. Cannot wait for the really mild temps to get here so we can spend more time outdoors and cycling. Also better for the feral kitties because the harsh weather is dangerous for them. I heard from Ann the woman who promised to TNR the ferals last year and unfortunately wasn't successful with their TNRs before winter arrived. She emailed me and said she would start thinking about doing it before spring and before they hopefully reproduce. I really hope this is successful.

Glad your skinpen dermapen went well yesterday and that the pain wasn't too bad. I never heard of that procedure and am glad you have options to help smooth your skin. I never appreciated my beautiful flawless skin until it started not being beautiful and flawless if you kwim. Sometimes I mourn the loss of that but then I become more at peace with it realizing all the good I have in my life and I put it in perspective. But believe me I really really get the desire for making your skin pretty and smooth and wish you lots of good luck with this procedure. I am glad our men don't seem to worry or care about the superficial as much as we do and they love us flaws and all. :appl:

Whenever you have the energy/time/desire I would love to hear about your health care system. I am dissatisfied with how the USA healthcare system works and am always curious about healthcare in different countries. We need so much to improve to give everyone the good healthcare we need and IMO should be a right not a privilege.

Love your photo with the sky, clouds, water and low sun. Beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous photos!

Have a great Wednesday girls. Love you all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to say thank you Scandinavian for the bling link! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your ring. :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am getting so far behind with this thread.
I will not give up!

first of all I read "skinpen dermapen" and thought it was a Scandinavian term. What are the languages of Scandinavia?
Then I saw "The Ring". OMG. I have seen it before, but now I have seen it again. :lol: WOW :love: and love the gold.

As a bling-a-holic I love the second, brighter granite. Your place is going to be so beautiful with your decor choices.
I need to go back into the thread and get a handle on it all. When you are done I fully expect you to come here and help me with me decorating!

My face has gotten much worse. Like you Missy, I had nice skin until a few years ago. I guess until now we have been very lucky.
I am getting more and more infections & peeling and have a derm appointment next week. I am ready for antibiotics. I am sick of dealing with this!

My DD is doing much better. She had a episode of depression after a bad time with the flu. We didn't know what was going on and I was a little scared, but it was just a side effect of the flu. She is back to her old self, thank goodness.

Today I am taking a workshop in growing grapes, then my friend who is a house painter is coming over to see about painting the big wall in my pool room. It was a big unfriendly blank and I have not liked being in that room. I started a simple mural and find I look forward now to spending time there. She is going to paint sky-blue above my stone wall [she is better at painting on a 20' high wall]. I have all sorts of fun ideas for turning the place into a kitschy fantasy room...will post progress.

img_3236_0.jpg img_3250.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dermapen is just a sort of micro needling: http://www.dermapenworld.com/dp-family/dermapen-3.html The needles reate tiny tiny damages in the skin that stimulates the skin to heal itself and produce more collagen.

The Scandinavian languages are Swedish (Sweden), Danish (Denmark), Norwegian (Norway), Finnish (Finland) and Islandic (Island). Swedish, Danish and Norwegian are rather similar, almost like different dialects. Finnish is not really understandable to the other countries, but most people in Finland are fluent in Swedish so that solves the problem nicely. For business calls with a lot of people on the line, English is however preferable to most people to avoid misunderstandings and repeating yourself too often :) Island - an OLD dialect from Norwegian (think Vikings). Different sounds and letters and not understandable to anyone but the people living there, lol.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting! both the little tiny injuries [how much pain? I have researched devices on Amazon that do this but was afraid to try it after watching a guy on youtube "pinning" his face and saying ouch constantly lol],

and the languages. It's too bad how little we know about other countries - at least me. I was never interested when in school, but now it's wonderful to learn more : )
I am glad English is spoken there, it bodes well for a nice place in EU to visit and not be so confounded all the time!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Scandinavian, I love another day another dime. I’d say wow you got a raise! Something for me to shoot for now. Hearing about work and business there is interesting. Wyoming is a right to work state where you are supposed to be able to first anyone for any reason. Yet strange some of my former employees have filed suits. Our HR department wants all sorts of documentation to fire someone. I haven’t had elk for years; we had it a lot when we were growing up. Your ring is gorgeous. Beautiful sunset picture.

Missy, we had horrible winds here today. Marty found our trashcan in the backyard. He said the gusts reach ludicrous speed. I talk out loud to movies sometimes too. I went with Marty’s sisters and nieces to see Armageddon and being a science teacher there was a point in that movie when I blurted out in the theater - “oh come on!” You are right who gets out of a car to see the dinosaurs? I am glad I provided you a good chuckle first thing this morning. I hope Ann gets the feral kitties rounded up this spring.

Jimmianne, I know if you miss a few days on this thread it is difficult to catch up. Sorry to hear your skin is acting up too. I hope your dermatologist can come up with something to help you next week. I am glad to hear you DD is doing and feeling better. I love your mural; it looks great. I hope you get it painted and you find it more welcoming to spend time. It would be a great craft room or den.

I got to work early, worked through part of my lunch and stayed about 10 minutes late but decided that was enough.

Not much else going on here. We had supper, I did dishes and I’m just setting here watching TV.

Take care.
Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I love the pictures you posted of little Penny! What a little sweetheart. How on earth do you manage to not come home with a new baby every week? I so hope Ann is able to round up the kitties. I know how much you worry about the gang and want the very best for them. I'm glad Ann remembered and reached out to you. The warmer weather will be here soon which will be so much better for the furbabies. They look to be be in good health from the security pictures you have posted and it's all because of the excellent care you have taken of them. I'm sorry you and Greg are dealing with a basement problem. Hopefully the contractor will come up with a solution quickly and Greg can have his basement completed.

Marcy, I'm sorry to hear about Marty needing to relocate for the position. Please try to look at it as it not being the right job for him. My husband passed on a job years ago because we would have had to move to another state. His father had recently been diagnosed with Alzheimer's at the time and neither of us felt comfortable moving to the east coast. Six months later he was offered a much better position that did not require us to relocate. I hope things get better with your employees. There have to be days where you feel like a babysitter. Seriously why on earth would anyone feel it's acceptable to take their bad mood out on their boss.

Junebug, It sounds like we have the same hair! I hope you are enjoying your new haircut. It's always frustrating when you love the way the stylist styles it and then you find it difficult to achieve the same look. I'm sorry you are having a hard time finding things your mom would enjoy doing. Have you considered the game books where you find the words mixed in the lines of letters for your mom. Its an alternative to puzzles since your mom doesn't enjoy puzzles. Would you mom enjoy knitting and crocheting? I know how difficult it has been lately but I am sure you mom and brother appreciate all you do for them. Please just remember to take good care of yourself in the process.

Jimmianne, I am glad your daughter is feeling better now. It probably isn't easy for her being far away from her fiancé. The pictures you posted of the mural look great. Is your dermatologist office the place that loves your jewelry? I hope they can help your skin issues. It's never fun having problems with your face. I swear the past two month have aged me terribly. I look in the mirror and scare the daylights out of myself.

Scandinavia, Your story about your furbaby had me so mad. I would have felt the same way. I think we are all very protective our furbabies here. She looks so sweet. It's easy to see why you're so in love with her. I'm just glad my baby sits and stays when I tell her to. She usually doesn't stay too long. She has quite the mind of her own and pretty much thinks she is the boss of me. The picture you posted is so beautiful. It looks like summertime in the picture. The granites you are considering look beautiful. I like them both.

Kristie, I can't wait to see what contractor gets accomplished tomorrow. Just think, it will all be finished in a few days. I'm sorry you have to get up early tomorrow.

LLJsmom, I hope you are doing well and not working to hard. I miss you!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!
Wrote a long thesis that disappeared. Will try again tomorrow. Hope you will all have a really nice and wonderful day!

All the best - S

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results