Votes: 3 42.9%
  • 4) Carre 15 pt

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5) Just solitaire

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Some of you may remember that i was toying with the idea of an asscher eternity. I managed to get some carres to compare. here was the previous post.
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-channel-set-full-eternity-or-not.195524/#post-3561035#p3561035']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/asscher-channel-set-full-eternity-or-not.195524/#post-3561035#p3561035[/URL]

So here are the pictures/ measurements and thoughts.

1) if i were to go with the 10pt i would wear it as in the photo- eternity, solitaire and plain WG band.
2) if 15 pointers- solitaire and eternity.

solitaire band- 5mm
10pt asscher-3mm
15pt asschers- 4 mm
10pt carre- 3mm
15 pt carre-4mm

Eternity will be set in channel setting. Bezel setting, whilst it will accentuate the corners of the asschers, it will have gaps between the solitaire and eternity: that will annoy me a little. so leaning towards carre.
I would like the rings to be complimenting each other. I can go without the eternity, but always wanted one.. hence the research.. hehehehe.

Now- i have both carre and asscher in both settings to see what works. I know it isnt the best with settings as i have stuck the diamonds on old rings, but this is the closest i can get it to.

what are your thoughts? are they all competing? Still undecided.

maybe just the solitaire on it own... :)

asscher_10_pt_with_band.jpg

asscher_15pt.jpg

carre_10pt_with_band.jpg

carre_15pt.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well first off I'm dying over the way you Jimmy-rigged those diamonds to try it out!

I feel like I like the 4mm asscher the best. But the 4mm carre are lovely too.

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am totally with you in your confusion because all options are gorgeous, but I love your ingenuity in trying to figure it out!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I very much like the 10pt asscher with your solitaire - but I am not crazy about the additional plain WG band - and to my eyes the 15pt asschers are maybe a bit big to work well with your solitaire - any chance you can find 3.5mm asschers?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very fun Greg! Where did you get the stones? Are they on loan from a jeweler?

I think the 4mm asschers look the best followed by the 4mm carre.
Between those two I would choose whichever you prefer the performance of the most.

I have been longing for an asscher eternity so can't wait to see what you do!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Woofmamma

The stones are on loan from my jeweller. I am so lucky that she had done that for me.

Hmm.... decisions, decisions, decisions....I must say the 15pt asscher has more of a presence on the hand and may compete with the solitaire. which is what i dont want it to do. Will keep playing with it for a bit....hopefully over the w/end a light bulb moment will occur.......

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the 10 PT asschers, very masculine!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Very nice jeweler to loan you all of those! If you feel the 4mm asschers compete, then do the carre band.

I don't know if you are familiar with my set, e-w EC in semi-bezel paired with an e-w ec band. But the ec's in the band are not an identical cut so it compliments without competing.

Carre's are a bit more subtle I think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GLH054wqXoU

Video for you.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
THank you for the video Woofmama.

Yes, totally agree that the carres are more subtle. Just gotta decide if the 3mm or the 4mm will work better.....
PS in me thinks 4mm. but wonder if the 3mm would work better. I have decided against the 3rd band. now solely on the eternity.

3mm
4mm

hmmmm

gotta love this forum!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
marymm|1385602209|3564270 said:
I very much like the 10pt asscher with your solitaire - but I am not crazy about the additional plain WG band - and to my eyes the 15pt asschers are maybe a bit big to work well with your solitaire - any chance you can find 3.5mm asschers?

Thanx Marymm... i was thinking that too. after having these combinations on my hand for a bit, i think it is either going to be
3mm or the 4mm.

Good idea about the 3.5mm though, i think i maybe stretching the friednship with the jeweller....

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx April baby, athenaworth and niel....

its goign to be fun this w/end of playing with it all.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg, I can't wait to see what you will do too! Have you decided on carre or asscher? I personally love the carre. The one in the video is gorgeous. I hate letting the cat out of the bag but I will be picking up mine on Friday. Don't actually know how big the stones will be, but it's a full eternity too, and they are carres. I love how the stones kind of do this slow wink, versus the sharp sparkle of rounds. I will take measurements and post details when I get it.

Can't wait to see your final product and set!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vote is for carre because I think carre works better in a channel setting. But all the stones are beautiful! Either size would be great!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx DS.

LLJsmom....your singlestone pic of that carre was delicious....

i have had the rings now for a few hours....and i am leaning towards the 4mm (15pt) carre FULL eternity.

am at work doing "paperwork" in my office....... :read: :read:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
made the decision- it is the 15pt (4mm) carre full eternity!!!

so, it is now a 2 week wait or so....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results