shape
carat
color
clarity

asscher channel set full eternity... or not....

Which would work?

• 1) 10 pointer asschers

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • 2) 15 poniter asschers

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • 3) another size of asschers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4) none of the above

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • 5) try carre cuts instead

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • 6) it just is too much bling for the set to work :o

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have been after an asscher channel set full eternity to pair with my asscher solitaire for some time. it has been an 'on again and off again' project in my head. DnT latest post got me on the band wagon again. So, i am asking for an opinion about the full eternity ring in a poll.

A couple of notes:
a) Whilst i would like one, i would not necessarily get one for the sake of getting one. if the set looks too blingy for it to work, then i am happy to forgo doing it. yes, i have said it- TOO BLINGY and not worth getting bling .. :o
b) i know that these stones are not set in the final ring yet and adding metal to the unset diamonds will change the look. but this is the best that i can do for now, as there are no asscher eternities for me to see and try on for a real comparison.
c) the inspiration ring that i have attached is most likely with carre diamonds, but i am using it to show the thickness of metal i would like for the ring.

The poll is: What would work with the asscher solitaire:
1) 10 pointer asschers
2) 15 poniter asschers
3) another size of asschers
4) none of the above
5) try carre cuts instead
6) it is just too much bling for the set to work :o

squareband2.jpg

2013-11-21_20.jpg

2013-11-21_0.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I think the 15 pointers make for a fabulous set!

lexarose

Rough_Rock
15 pointers look the most proportionate to me. 10 pointers come off a touch too delicate in relation to your ring IMHO.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I vote larger asschers so you can see the asscher pattern!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey - I really like the idea of the asscher eternity band, however I do think the 15 pointers "may slightly" dwarf the solitaire unless you just want the overall blingy asscher look.. I had a 15 points asscher band paired with a 1.35ct asscher once, see here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-way-to-celebrate-7-years-my-7-stone-asscher-band.168022/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-way-to-celebrate-7-years-my-7-stone-asscher-band.168022/[/URL]

and you know I now have a 1.15ct about 5.89 x.5.9mm width with a now 12 pointers in my eternity band. I don't wear the two together as it does seem to me to dwarf my solitaire a bit and a bit too much bling for me but that's just me, im sure others have no problem with an overall blingy look and that maybe you?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is a very blingy look to wear such a band with the ring. The row of diamonds in that size is most likely to compete with your single asscher diamond. What is the mm measurement of the 10 pointer, 15 pointer and your centre stone? When you add the lip of metal around the top and lower part of the row of diamonds, it adds to the thickness of the look, giving the band a bigger look. So although the 10 pointers look small now, once set, they will look bigger. Although the 15 pointers look great now, once set, they may look too large for the set.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have 10 PT rounds and they are the perfect size to be " not too Blingy" but substantial enought to be eye catching!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
15-pointers look awesome. And I think the bigger ones in a channel setting will read as more masculine with your solitaire ring, versus a daintier band.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
15 pointers!!!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
I have become more creative with my trials to have an asscher eternity. i found an old ring that i had and stuck the asschers to it so that i can get an idea and for more input. the width of that ring is 5.5mm

Some measurements with a ruler (no calipers)
a) 1 ct asscher solitaire:
Band is 5mm wide
asscher is 5.52*5.36
b) 10 pointers
about 2.5mm
c) 15 pointers which may end up being 2.5ctw
about 3.5 pointers

photo_2__2_3.jpg

photo_1__2_5.jpg

AVCadmirer

Shiny_Rock
I like the 15 pointers

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Personally, I would not set asschers in channel setting, as some of the "corners" may be lost in the process, and would prefer to have square step cuts instead, as seen in that gorgeous eternity ring in the original post.

If I were to have asschers as an eternity band, I would bezel-set each one individually instead.

BTW, I voted for none of the above instead of using carre cut instead, sorry! :oops:

DK :))

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Hi DnT

Thanx for posting the links and also the pics in the other thread to help me visualise the eternity. I am still trying to figure out if the settings will compete with each other. i only have 5 asschers to work with...

Chrono
I have added measurements and a stuck the asschers on a ring with a similar band width to see how it looks.

My personal thoughts are leaning towards the 15 pointers..... but still a tiny bit concerned that both rings would compete.....if only someone near me in AUS has one for me to try/ visualise with my asscher solitaire :(

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you try on a Princess cut eternity band of similar size (approx. 13-15 points and one with 10 points).... that could give you an idea if the overall shape/size will compete with your solitaire.

Prior to purchasing my eternity band, I tried on a 4 mm eternity band that had RBs and one that had Princess just to give me an idea of the overall size compared to my ring, and to see if It would work well as a stand alone. it helped me visualize it a bit even though they were not asschers.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Thanx DnT...

i have tried the princess channel set 9 stone but it was less than the 10 pointers (from memory) and it was very blingy and dainty... my thinking was that the step cuts gives a very different bling- less bling if anything, if you know what i mean?

DK 168
I have thought about the cut corners in a channel set not being 'visible' and lose the look of the 'asscher' in the process. I have seen facets collection of asschers in the eternity and i think.... maybe it wont? that is why i added the voting for carre... so much to think about....and that is why i love this forum and ppls comments. it helps me decide. if there are still too many questions the project wont go ahead

f3319s-2.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the 10 pointers with your solitaire. But I would go with the 15 pointers so you get more presence when you wear it alone. I like the carre cuts more because in a channel setting, there would be no gaps at the corners. The edge of the channel set would have to come down pretty low to cover the clipped corner of an asscher, right?

I attached a pic of a similar one from Single Stone. I thought it was an asscher, but after closer examination, I think these are carre cuts.

It's pretty substantial, and it did NOT feel like overbling! The flashes of light are so much more subtle with step cut. I see them more as someone turning on a light, and then turning it off. I LOVE step cuts.

ss_gold_and_asscher.png

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
LLJSMOM

wow- that carre eternity is yummy!!!

heididdl

Ideal_Rock
D&T|1385056727|3560689 said:
Hey - I really like the idea of the asscher eternity band, however I do think the 15 pointers "may slightly" dwarf the solitaire unless you just want the overall blingy asscher look.. I had a 15 points asscher band paired with a 1.35ct asscher once, see here:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-way-to-celebrate-7-years-my-7-stone-asscher-band.168022/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-great-way-to-celebrate-7-years-my-7-stone-asscher-band.168022/[/URL]

and you know I now have a 1.15ct about 5.89 x.5.9mm width with a now 12 pointers in my eternity band. I don't wear the two together as it does seem to me to dwarf my solitaire a bit and a bit too much bling for me but that's just me, im sure others have no problem with an overall blingy look and that maybe you?

Love this ring.....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apology for the fuzzy pic, however, there is a pic of my mum's 6-stone square step cuts channel set band, currently on permanent loan to me. ;-)

6-stonesquarestepcut.jpg

I believe the stones about 0.3ct each, together they outshine my 1.19ct EC!

DK :))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gregchang35|1385078978|3560959 said:
LLJSMOM

wow- that carre eternity is yummy!!!

No kidding! Too bad I was only playing finger model at Single stone. I would work there for free if I didn't have a family to support. :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results