shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT VCA Vintage Alhambra White Gold, White MOP

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! MOP is so pretty and goes with everything. Congratulations.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely! I want one of these so bad!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Phoenix|1483871315|4113473 said:
Snowdrop13|1483869659|4113472 said:
dollyanjuli|1483855226|4113463 said:
oh my gosh its BEAUTIFUL and looks amazing layered!! And you found it preloved- whoo hoo!!!

It is amazing how different the MOP looks in WG vs the YG. I also had no idea they used different "shades" for the different colors of gold- this is such a beautiful cool crystalline, next to a diamond it looks perfect. Congrats on your new piece!!

Does anyone know what shade they do use with YG? Is it just a creamier colour? My 2 MOP Sweets that I bought recently are YG, one has a pinkish tone at certain angle, the other doesn't.

I was at one time considering a Vintage Alhambra bracelet with MOP; and as I tend to wear WG, I asked my SA to look for pinkish MOP and all of the WG ones were greyish. The MOP that comes with YG should be pinkish, or at least those I've seen and that's what my SA said also. Also, the MOP that comes with YG tends to be more rich, "warmer"; whereas that for WG tends to be "cooler", whiter - different looks really; it just depends on what appeals to you. Is the warmer tone (for lack of a better word) what you mean by "creamier"?

LLJsmom's MOP seems quite iridescent, very lovely and lush. I must say I haven't seen this with the MOP with WG at my local boutiques. It is still whiter though (would you agree, LLJsmom?).

Hi Phoenix, yes, the SA confirmed that VCA looks for whiter MOP to match the white gold. My mom compared a white gold and yellow gold MOP side by side at the boutique and noticed the difference and asked specifically. I thought it was all in my head, but the SA said she was right. So yeah, it's whiter.

It is such a great neutral. I do encourage people that want a classic piece that goes with everything, and want something different than diamond to consider this. Strange, but every VCA piece I have bought I just love more with time. So strange... I think the carnelian is more striking and the white feels more casual. This necklace is as functional as my diamond pendant. Goes with everything. Only bummer is taking it off so I don't get it wet. Looking at the vintage sizes more often helps me get use to the size. I don't think I will go with any more sweet sizes. My eyes now have VCA-SS. My future pieces will most likely be vintages.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1484195987|4114618 said:
Phoenix|1483871315|4113473 said:
Snowdrop13|1483869659|4113472 said:
dollyanjuli|1483855226|4113463 said:
oh my gosh its BEAUTIFUL and looks amazing layered!! And you found it preloved- whoo hoo!!!

It is amazing how different the MOP looks in WG vs the YG. I also had no idea they used different "shades" for the different colors of gold- this is such a beautiful cool crystalline, next to a diamond it looks perfect. Congrats on your new piece!!

Does anyone know what shade they do use with YG? Is it just a creamier colour? My 2 MOP Sweets that I bought recently are YG, one has a pinkish tone at certain angle, the other doesn't.

I was at one time considering a Vintage Alhambra bracelet with MOP; and as I tend to wear WG, I asked my SA to look for pinkish MOP and all of the WG ones were greyish. The MOP that comes with YG should be pinkish, or at least those I've seen and that's what my SA said also. Also, the MOP that comes with YG tends to be more rich, "warmer"; whereas that for WG tends to be "cooler", whiter - different looks really; it just depends on what appeals to you. Is the warmer tone (for lack of a better word) what you mean by "creamier"?

LLJsmom's MOP seems quite iridescent, very lovely and lush. I must say I haven't seen this with the MOP with WG at my local boutiques. It is still whiter though (would you agree, LLJsmom?).

Hi Phoenix, yes, the SA confirmed that VCA looks for whiter MOP to match the white gold. My mom compared a white gold and yellow gold MOP side by side at the boutique and noticed the difference and asked specifically. I thought it was all in my head, but the SA said she was right. So yeah, it's whiter.

It is such a great neutral. I do encourage people that want a classic piece that goes with everything, and want something different than diamond to consider this. Strange, but every VCA piece I have bought I just love more with time. So strange... I think the carnelian is more striking and the white feels more casual. This necklace is as functional as my diamond pendant. Goes with everything. Only bummer is taking it off so I don't get it wet. Looking at the vintage sizes more often helps me get use to the size. I don't think I will go with any more sweet sizes. My eyes now have VCA-SS. My future pieces will most likely be vintages.

VCA SS- love it! :mad:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, wrong emoji, did it on my phone, meant to pick this one :lol:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJ'smom.. LOVE your VCA finery!! :love: :love: :love:
It's looks amazing on you and even more fantastic layered with your other necklace.
LOVE that you bought it almost new.. that's how I buy most of my signed pieces as well. :appl: :appl: :appl:
Enjoy it!! A true classic!!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. You’ve inspired me to wear it again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results