shape
carat
color
clarity

Under 1ct diamonds

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
It looks GREAT...a real classic.............
36.gif
36.gif

carolina

Rough_Rock
Thnaks, Maxine. I like the classic setting, as it allows me a lot of options with bands, wraps, etc...but I am certainly getting jealous looking at all these gorgeous sparklies with channel set bands, gemstones, etc...

My stone is a little deep (62.2) but I think it still looks nice. My fiance''s uncle has given him a fit over the depth and it has been very upsetting to him, to the point that he wanted to exchange the stone. I think it is fine and I like it.

I still think it sizes up as it should...does not look too too small.

Some of these rings here are just amazing! Wow!

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Carolina, your ring is beautiful!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Carolina - Your ring is beautiful, the cut is well within ideal proportions, and YOU LOVE IT!!! It shoots fire and sparkles to your heart''s content, and most of all, it is a symbol of your fiance''s love for you! Tell your fiance to tell his uncle to shut up (or something more (or less!!) polite if you wish!!) and keep his opinion to himself or dish out the cash to buy one he approves of.
12.gif

I know what you mean concerning the gorgeous settings you see on here, but there''s just something about a classic setting that makes my mouth water!! And you''re exactly right - you have TONS of options with wedding bands!!! You can mix and match and stack multiple rings with your ering - how fun!!!

carolina

Rough_Rock
Thank you, Patty and JCJD! I think I have finally gotten through my fiance about the ring:) I am so glad I found this forum.

Patty, I must say that the ring in your avatar is amazing...wow!

JC...the fire that yourring shoots off is what is stunning...like fireworks...cannot imagine what the big pic must look like. Very very fiery.

I would really like a band with like blue topaz or tanzanite...for UNC (carolina) colors. My mom says tanzanite is a little soft though and I believe I have heard that. What might be a good choice for a ring that is a light blue stone?

I have learned so much here and I really like this thread. All these rings here prove that good things can certainly come in small packages.

I think I was a little anxious too, because a lot of my friends seemed to have the "more ring means he loves you more philosophy"...I do not subscribe to that.

Do not get me wrong, I can appreciate a nice big beautiful ring, no doubt...I also appreciate a beautiful small stone that can hold its own.
41.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Carolina, I love your ring, too...reminds me of my first ering years ago!! I still wear the stone in a pendant, but I always loved the simpicity of the plain gold band and stone...there are so many options! It would look nice with a simple diamond band....
Regarding your question about blue stones....you might want to ask that on a separate post...you might get more responsed that way....some of the people here have a particular interest in those things and might notice your question better that way.....good luck!!!!
2.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/10/2005 5:56:20 PM
Author: carolina
A close up one...

Please excuse the pics...just getting the hang of this!

My ring looks so plain by comparison to some of these amazing beauties:)
I don''t think it looks plain at all.... classy and elegant. It is beautiful in my oppinion. The setting lets the stone do the talking
21.gif

carolina

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Maxine, for suggesting posting the question on stones in another section.
That is really neat that you still have your first stone as a pendant. It means a lot to you and you still have it...close to your heart, too! I have a pendant that was my Grandma''s diamond. It is a sparkly little .40 carat. I never take it off!

Thanks, Kaili! I do like the fact that it is a classic style...don''t think I will get tired of it.

Take care!

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Carolina - Yay!!! I''m so glad you''ve gotten through to him!!!!! Congrats!!

Thanks for the compliment!!
5.gif
And since I''m O B S E S S E D!!!!! Here''s more of my ring!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

RingAndChristmas2004-113small.jpg

RingAndChristmas2004-105small.jpg

RingCollage89101112.JPG

Hee hee hee...
31.gif

carolina

Rough_Rock
Wow, JCJD...that is some serious fire!!! It is beautiful. Is that a pear? That is a reallt unique setting. I really like the way there is a smaller diamond underneath, too.

I am sure that ring gets noticed lots!
9.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!! FI did a great job picking this stone!! Yes, it is a pear, with an accent RB - I''d guess around 1 or 2 points, pear is 3/8 cts. It does get noticed a lot (staring), but not too many people comment on it unless I know them personally. I think they''re afraid of me not liking it or something cause it''s so out of the ordinary for an ering. I love that everyone who has commented on my ring has described it as "unique"! It''s so ME, but so HIM at the same time.... OK, I''m gushing now......

So, how bout them small diamonds?
12.gif

prettyinpave

Shiny_Rock
Snowhappy, thank you so much!
emteeth.gif
Sorry it took me so long to write back -- I haven''t checked in in a while! When I go home today, I''ll see if I have any more saved on the computer.

Jessesgirl -- stunning! Love it!

jennalyns

Shiny_Rock
Carolina, regarding your question about the blue stones, ceylon sapphires are a lot lighter blue than regular ones, but much harder than tanzanite. i believe sapphires are the second hardest stone, next to diamonds... that would be really pretty, i think. your ring is gorgeous!!!
1.gif

bobswench

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 96.58%; HEIGHT: 92px">Date: 3/10/2005 8:31:45 PM
Author: carolina

I think I was a little anxious too, because a lot of my friends seemed to have the ''more ring means he loves you more philosophy''...I do not subscribe to that.
Good for you, Carolina! When I got married I had a simple gold band. I got my dream ring for our 25th wedding anniversary...and believe me, after 25 years of living with me, it must be love!

Sounds like you have your priorities straight.

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These diamonds are both beautiful, and great exceptions to the rules about ideal RB dimensions.

The RB in the illusion mounting is not showing it's true beauty in this picture. It's dirty and the head has tarnished inside and requires cleaning and replating. .85 ct. or so, steep and deep, G-H color, VVS1/VVS2, and only 5.75 to 5.8 mm diameter. Large table maybe? I don't know. It's an older diamond. Yellow gold step shank, white gold illusion head, ring size 5.

The other one is even more interesting. It's a very spready I VS1 eye clean OEC or transitional that weighs only .83 to .85 or so but has diameter 6.3 to 6.4 mm (not perfect symmetry). I suspect it has at least slight blue fluorescence. It has a thin gridle and a shallow pavillion but oh what fire. This one must have been cut for an original Tiffany mounting or similar. When I bought it, it was in a battered platinum fishtail mounting from '40s, the rhodium plating was long gone, and the platinum looked like unpolished steel. In that boxy head, whether or not the interior was polished bright, this diamond reflected the mounting and always appeared to have some huge gray or black inclucions. Raised in a Tiffany head, it's gorgeous. Just something to consider if looking at OECs, OMCs, or transitionals. White gold step shank, 6 prong Tiffany head, size 5.

illusion4.jpg

Cynthia

Rough_Rock
Here is my .60 G, VS1 Emerald Cut e-ring. Tension set in 14 k white gold. Ring size 4.75.
top.JPG

side.JPG

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Thanks for posting that Cynthia, i love the sleek, clean, lines on the ring and the east /west definitely suits the setting , stone and your hands...I love it

lildarlin

Rough_Rock
The center stone in my e-ring is 1/4 ct. and the tw is 1/2 ct., I believe. My wedding band is 1/4 ct. tw.

weddingset2.jpg

Myringsagain.jpg

shoemortgage1979

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/12/2005 2:19
6.gif
3 AM
Author: Ivy
Here''s my .91 ct VVS2 radiant ering from Whiteflash. It''s not huge, but I do love it. Though I absolutely LOVE all of the beautiful BLINGY rings, it''s nice to see rings that around the 1 ct range or under. I''m not sure if I''ll ever be able to upgrade, but it''s still great to drool over all of the awesome rings on PS.
I think this ring is absolutely stunning!! I don''t have any pics, but my center marquise diamond is a little over a half carat, and I think it is beautiful! It also was my fifth anniversary gift. I love to see beautiful rings that are not 5 or 6 carats that the rest of us could never or want to ever afford...
21.gif

SweetPink

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/21/2005 8:46:30 PM
Author: lildarlin
The center stone in my e-ring is 1/4 ct. and the tw is 1/2 ct., I believe. My wedding band is 1/4 ct. tw.

weddingset2.jpg

Myringsagain.jpg
That is a very pretty set..I have never seen a setting like that w/ both baguettes and rounds

lildarlin

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/24/2005 4
6.gif
4:16 PM
Author: SweetPink
Date: 3/21/2005 8:46:30 PM

Author: lildarlin

weddingset2.jpg

Myringsagain.jpg
That is a very pretty set..I have never seen a setting like that w/ both baguettes and rounds

Thank you.

badmittens

Rough_Rock
I also have a fondness for small diamonds. I was initially looking at close to 0.75 ct for my e-ring, but finally decided on a 0.25 D IF.

double.gif

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous additions to this thread!!

AdaBeta - I am LOVING the older cuts because of their amazing fire, and yours are no exception! The fire is what I love most about my stone, and that''s why I want an old cushion or OMC/OEC for a RHR in a few years.

Cynthia - So elegant!! Your EC looks perfect set East-West!! Oooh, and a tension setting!!!

lildarlin - What is your ring size? Your rings are absolutely perfect on your hand! LOVE the RB/Bag combo, and I generally dislike Bag''s.

badmittens (cute name BTW!) - My mom''s original e-ring (she''s remarried now) was a .25 RB set in a Tiffany six-prong in yellow gold, so I''m partial to that look.
1.gif
Veeeeeerrrryyyy nice specs too!!

cobaltgirl/Sarah - Very nice! What''s your ring size? Beautiful orchid pictures!!

lildarlin

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/30/2005 7:42:16 PM
Author:
lildarlin - What is your ring size? Your rings are absolutely perfect on your hand! LOVE the RB/Bag combo, and I generally dislike Bag''s.

Thank you! I wear a size 5.

Jschreck

Rough_Rock
cobaltgirl, I really like the ring. I just got my g/f a princess cut, and i was worried about the size of the band. Could you tell me how wide your band is, the diamond looks huge. What are the measurements of it? If you know this info it would help me out, thank you very much.

cobaltgirl

Rough_Rock
JCJD, Thank you so much! I wear a 5.5 now, from a 4.5 when I got it,
emembarrassed.gif
!

JSCHRECK,
>>cobaltgirl, I really like the ring. I just got my g/f a princess cut, and i was worried about the size of the band. Could you tell >>me how wide your band is, the diamond looks huge. What are the measurements of it? If you know this info it would help >>me out, thank you very much.

Thank you very much! I'm sorry to say I'm not so good at math, so all I can say is that its 1/16th of an inch wide. 3/4 of an inch across. A thin band but not SUPER thin.

Princess cuts are my fav, your gf is lucky! :D

elizachiles

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2005 4:40:57 PM
Author: JessesGrl
My ring is a .87 ct asscher cut diamond, color G VS1 clarity. The polish and symmetry are very good and the measurments are 5.64x5.62x3.62mm. I wanted quality over size and so I opted for a little under a carat plus I am a social worker so it''s best not to be ''flashy'' although big rings are nice to look at =) I will never trade up due to the beauty and sentimental value of my ring but maybe someday my hubby to be will surprise me with a nice big anniversary ring to wear when I am not working!

Your ring is beautiful!!! I''ve been looking at similar ones. What does it look like from the side?

JessesGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I love my ring...it has so much detail but these pics are small...hope you can see it

piasering.JPG

Firefly

Rough_Rock
All the rings here look lovely.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results