shape
carat
color
clarity

Round and Baguette Eternity Bands

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wife's eternity band, now back at jeweler for re-sizing.

img_4929.jpg

Passion4diamonds

Rough_Rock
Love this thread! Thanks for starting it! I am planning on having a band made similar to one's on your thread so hopefully I will be inspired :love:

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1403700916|3700768 said:
FancyDiamond|1403699650|3700760 said:
diamondseeker2006|1403664029|3700546 said:
Awesome! I am curious about this as well, but I think the .90 is going to still have to be relatively small since the smaller of the two SS bands was 1.9 cts. I'd like to know who makes his, too.

DS, I notice something from everyone's photos. Almost all R&B bands shown here except your large larger (2-ctw and larger) SS bands are close to 2-mm wide, and they look pleasingly beautiful and in proportion. I can see more units of the round and baguette on the finger, so the pattern is clear. On the contrary, in your larger SS bands, I see less units and each diamond is more round in shape. From a distance, the units look more like all round diamonds. As a result, I cannot readily see the beautiful round and baguette pattern. Therefore, as much as I am greedy and want larger diamonds, I think I need to limit the size of the band to under 2-ctw. Therefore, I am very curious about what pinkjewel will find out from IDJ's larger, 0.9 ctw band.

As for French Cut band, I think from looking at all the photos, a large size one, like 2-cwt, looks best. Lang's website has one available, but the metalwork looks a bit too busy for my liking, and it is a little overpriced. I prefer the smaller one that PSer bought. Thanks for the vendor information.

I agree that the looks of a large and small band like this have different looks and I could see having one of each. But I felt when I tried on the smaller BK band that from a distance it wouldn't look all that different from my Legacy band because the sections are so small. So maybe the .90 is a good compromise. I hope they have one that PinkJewel can see and take pictures of. Plus we will soon be able to see the dimensions of the 2.6 mm one that I am getting and that should be between the sizes of the SS and BK.

I love this thread as I hope to add another similar band to my collection w/o the SS price!

For size comparison, I am attaching some pictures of my SS French cut/oec band. This is the smaller sized one than the one DS posted as it's right around 1 tcw and right around 2mm. The pics show the band stacked with the smallest Tiffany's shared prong. The plain platinum band in between is 1.8mm

_19521.jpg

_19522.jpg

_19523.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muluver|1403733767|3701069 said:
I love this thread as I hope to add another similar band to my collection w/o the SS price!

For size comparison, I am attaching some pictures of my SS French cut/oec band. This is the smaller sized one than the one DS posted as it's right around 1 tcw and right around 2mm. The pics show the band stacked with the smallest Tiffany's shared prong. The plain platinum band in between is 1.8mm

Whoa! How gorgeous is that???!!! Those french cut baguettes are absolutely exquisite!!!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I love that muluver!!! It's the perfect width and the shapes are accentuated so nicely.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh such beautiful rings ladies! :love:

cheers--Sharon

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
OK- I'm back from New York and, as promised, I stopped by IDJ to inquire about the band. I was told it only comes in the one size and if someone was told it came in a higher carat weight it would only be because of finger size. It measures 1.8 x 1.5. The diamonds used are VS quality for the baguettes and SI quality in the rounds. You cannot request higher quality. They did not have an all diamond band, only a yellow sapphire baguette/round diamond version when I was there. I didn't feel the round diamonds were all that sparkly. Having had a Single Stone band myself- I was not bowled over by the quality of the diamonds in this band. My little SS band REALLY sparkled!!!!! However, there is a huge price difference. Aprox price in platinum for a size 6 is 1400 to 1500 for this band. Now they also carry this style band by Gabriel NY which I think may come in different sizes (sorry, not sure) but they didn't have one there for me to see. The style number for the Gabriel is LR4380. The good news is you can request upgraded diamonds for this band, but they did not give me a price. Hope this helps.

eta- added photo of the band with my ring

_19559.jpg

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It looks really nice on your hand!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for doing that detective work for us, PinkJewel! That makes sense to me that the ring is 1.8mm in width because it does look smaller than my Legacy band. That is a great width for stacking, but I am looking for something a little more substantial since I generally only wear one band since my lower fingers are shorter. I think Caysie is going to turn out to be the best source for those who want wider bands than that one, plus she can use whatever diamonds you want, but she normally uses ex cut and high color/clarity melee. She is also extremely more reasonable than SS.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Pinkjewel it looks great with your own ring. It makes sense to me that the carat weight is dependant on ring size. I am going to wait and see DS before I take the plunge. I still love the IDJ one too! :wavey:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
muluver,

OMG!!!! i love how you have worked your stackers!!!! :appl: :appl:
Love them all- lots of combinations!!!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Mikla|1403826086|3701737 said:
It looks really nice on your hand!

thanks, but I wasn't really looking for one for me. Someone had requested a hand shot with my my e ring. I have short fingers and because my ring doesn't allow bands to be stacked against it I just don't like the huge gap between the bands on me- so, as a result- I just don't wear a band at all.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1403832317|3701811 said:
Thanks so much for doing that detective work for us, PinkJewel! That makes sense to me that the ring is 1.8mm in width because it does look smaller than my Legacy band. That is a great width for stacking, but I am looking for something a little more substantial since I generally only wear one band since my lower fingers are shorter. I think Caysie is going to turn out to be the best source for those who want wider bands than that one, plus she can use whatever diamonds you want, but she normally uses ex cut and high color/clarity melee. She is also extremely more reasonable than SS.

You're welcome, DS!! The girls from IDJ were under the impression you were going to be in New York next week, so, if so, you'll be able to see them yourself and see if you agree with my analysis. I tend to agree with you that CVB is probably going to be best for the pocketbook and still have the look you want, although DK would probably be a good one to check with too. He's done a beautiful job replicating the SS band I had.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Monnyjay|1403847102|3701893 said:
Pinkjewel it looks great with your own ring. It makes sense to me that the carat weight is dependant on ring size. I am going to wait and see DS before I take the plunge. I still love the IDJ one too! :wavey:

Thanks- but the modeling shot was just for all of you!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1403647527|3700317 said:
This is my Gabriel & Co band..................

These photos made my day :love: :love: :love: wowbeautiful!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your observations have been very helpful, and you saved me a trip to NY.C. I am disappointed about the lack of a larger size band and the quality of the round diamonds (not sparkling enough). Guess I have to wait for DS's ring. BTW - did you pick up anything good for yourself while you were there?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1403865551|3701948 said:

You're welcome, DS!! The girls from IDJ were under the impression you were going to be in New York next week, so, if so, you'll be able to see them yourself and see if you agree with my analysis. I tend to agree with you that CVB is probably going to be best for the pocketbook and still have the look you want, although DK would probably be a good one to check with too. He's done a beautiful job replicating the SS band I had.

No, I just am too busy to go to NY this summer. I have exactly three weeks to get my daughter ready for a trip to Africa and then we immediately go to the beach for two weeks and to college immediately after that.

Yes, DK did do a nice job on that band, but he has gone up significantly in price on that one, so I am not sure he'd be any better than Caysie on these kinds of bands. We'll just have to see how my band turns out! I mainly chose her because she has done some gorgeous marquise bands pictured and one rectangular french cut sapphire band on her Etsy site that looked beautiful. (I cropped the logo because I think we aren't allowed to post pics with the brand???)

cvbmarquiseroundband_b.jpg

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
FancyDiamond|1403869168|3701973 said:
Your observations have been very helpful, and you saved me a trip to NY.C. I am disappointed about the lack of a larger size band and the quality of the round diamonds (not sparkling enough). Guess I have to wait for DS's ring. BTW - did you pick up anything good for yourself while you were there?

I'm glad I was able to help- even though my news was disappointing. My trip to New York was not a good one (sigh). I went to look at green and bluish green diamonds- and left with nothing. I did have fun looking at diamonds at Leibish and had a lot of fun with David at DBL-got to try on several beauties there. I loved Yoram's old cut diamonds!! I forgot to take any pics, though. I met with Chris at ERD and got to see a new cushion cut they are doing and saw a couple of beautiful royal chandelier cushions in the 2 carat range- gorgeous!!!!! Played with some rings at Tiffany. But my time was limited and I was supposed to fly back the same day. Got to the airport and just when our plane was supposed to board- they cancelled our flight- and the one after it, too. Left everyone scrambling for flights-no more that evening- and looking for hotel rooms. Because they claimed it was weather related-they wouldn't provide accomadations. I think I got one of the last hotel rooms anywhere close to the airport that had a hotel shuttle. The first few I called were all filled AND I was one of the first people who had gotten a flight the next day and the agent told me to start looking for a room immediately because they'd fill quickly!! I don't know what everyone else did as the 2 flights were both filled to capacity. So there I was alone in New York at Laguardia (I never travel by myself), without so much as a toothbrush. I was traumatized to say the least. So, it just wasn't a good trip for me at all-lol.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1403872269|3701986 said:
pinkjewel|1403865551|3701948 said:

No, I just am too busy to go to NY this summer. I have exactly three weeks to get my daughter ready for a trip to Africa and then we immediately go to the beach for two weeks and to college immediately after that.

Yes, DK did do a nice job on that band, but he has gone up significantly in price on that one, so I am not sure he'd be any better than Caysie on these kinds of bands. We'll just have to see how my band turns out! I mainly chose her because she has done some gorgeous marquise bands pictured and one rectangular french cut sapphire band on her Etsy site that looked beautiful. (I cropped the logo because I think we aren't allowed to post pics with the brand???)
Wow- DS- busy summer planned!!!! maybe we can look at doing a NY GTG in the Fall. Hopefully by that time I'll be over my trauma-lol. I'd forgotten that DK's pricing had gone up so much on that band. CVB does beautiful things- I'm sure you'll be pleased. I'll look forward to seeing your band!!!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, DS, pandabee and gregchang! I do love my stacking options but still want more lol

Ferdi_the_yak,

I actually tried on that band while I was shopping for my wedding band. While it's beautiful, it's quite delicate and thin. I'm going to guess it's around 1.7mm - 1.8mm. So it would be perfect if that's what you are looking for but if you are looking for something more substantial, you may want to request a custom order with bigger stones.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1403874008|3701997 said:
FancyDiamond|1403869168|3701973 said:

I'm glad I was able to help- even though my news was disappointing. My trip to New York was not a good one (sigh). I went to look at green and bluish green diamonds- and left with nothing. I did have fun looking at diamonds at Leibish and had a lot of fun with David at DBL-got to try on several beauties there. I loved Yoram's old cut diamonds!! I forgot to take any pics, though. I met with Chris at ERD and got to see a new cushion cut they are doing and saw a couple of beautiful royal chandelier cushions in the 2 carat range- gorgeous!!!!! Played with some rings at Tiffany. But my time was limited and I was supposed to fly back the same day. Got to the airport and just when our plane was supposed to board- they cancelled our flight- and the one after it, too. Left everyone scrambling for flights-no more that evening- and looking for hotel rooms. Because they claimed it was weather related-they wouldn't provide accomadations. I think I got one of the last hotel rooms anywhere close to the airport that had a hotel shuttle. The first few I called were all filled AND I was one of the first people who had gotten a flight the next day and the agent told me to start looking for a room immediately because they'd fill quickly!! I don't know what everyone else did as the 2 flights were both filled to capacity. So there I was alone in New York at Laguardia (I never travel by myself), without so much as a toothbrush. I was traumatized to say the least. So, it just wasn't a good trip for me at all-lol.

Oh my goodness!!! That would be traumatic! Who'd ever think of that happening in June???!!! I don't think I'd ever manage to go for one day so I'd have my toothbrush, but it is a good reminder to take an extra set of clothes! I am so sorry!

I am very interested to hear what your plans are for a green diamond! You certainly have an outstanding pink diamond ring!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1403868306|3701968 said:
Catmom|1403647527|3700317 said:
This is my Gabriel & Co band..................

These photos made my day :love: :love: :love: wowbeautiful!

Thanks Jimmianne!

Elisabeth1016

Rough_Rock
I love this thread! Thank you so much for sharing--this is my first time seeing the french cut baguette/round combo in a band. Beautiful!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elisabeth1016|1404136875|3703730 said:
I love this thread! Thank you so much for sharing--this is my first time seeing the french cut baguette/round combo in a band. Beautiful!

Welcome to PS, Elisabeth! :wavey:

Check back in a week or so and my band should be finished!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi DS, I literally can't wait to see what it turns out like, I tried on a similar band in a little shop here in Australia but there were carre cut rubies alternating with tiny RBs. I was rather besotted with it but even with the cost of shipping and taxes the IDJ ones are cheaper.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1404172795|3704099 said:
Hi DS, I literally can't wait to see what it turns out like, I tried on a similar band in a little shop here in Australia but there were carre cut rubies alternating with tiny RBs. I was rather besotted with it but even with the cost of shipping and taxes the IDJ ones are cheaper.

Oh carre cut rubies! Do you have a picture? Was it the same size as the IDJ band? There are a lot of factors that might explain the cost difference. Like PJ said, the IDJ bands use SI diamonds, so that brings down the price. Just be sure you are comparing the same quality level, although I don't think I have seen rubies in the IDJ bands.

I am excited to see my band, too! I think it will probably be here sometime next week!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is mine. It has French cut light pink sapphires and round brilliant diamonds. Both the sapphires and diamonds are double milgrain bezel set in 18 Kt. White gold. It has engraving on the sides as well. Size 6 but I am a size 5.25 to size 5.5. It is about 3 mm. Or slightly wider. The other bands in the first picture on my finger are 2 mm for size reference.
It was made by Jolie Designs in California and they also make the same style with single milgrain and longer baguettes/ French cuts.

I am very picky and I have to say this ring is exceptional in quality. I like really fine milgrain and they do it like Beverley K or Simon G. But their prices are a bit less I think than those designers.

_19730.jpg

_19731.jpg

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Wow- I am really loving the baguette band and I think its exactly what I've been trying to find! I also like the plain platinum band-- was that hammered to give it that vintage look?

Thanks for sharing these. Love, love, love how dainty they are.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly17|1404306920|3705148 said:
Here is mine. It has French cut light pink sapphires and round brilliant diamonds. Both the sapphires and diamonds are double milgrain bezel set in 18 Kt. White gold. It has engraving on the sides as well. Size 6 but I am a size 5.25 to size 5.5. It is about 3 mm. Or slightly wider. The other bands in the first picture on my finger are 2 mm for size reference.
It was made by Jolie Designs in California and they also make the same style with single milgrain and longer baguettes/ French cuts.

I am very picky and I have to say this ring is exceptional in quality. I like really fine milgrain and they do it like Beverley K or Simon G. But their prices are a bit less I think than those designers.

:wavey: HI, Butterfly! Glad you saw this thread! Your rings are beautiful and the pink one is especially so! I am so happy to know that brand has good quality! I have seen some of their pieces online but did not know about quality. Thanks for the size references, too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results