shape
carat
color
clarity

Rings you really like

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
One day I will have this http://www.artofplatinum.com/4images/details.php?image_id=362
30.gif

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
I would adore this little number on my left digit.
30.gif

DSCN89244.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
smitten.gif
MWM Torchiere
smitten.gif

offsetZ33MWMtorch.JPG

kathyinjapan

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 9:36:19 AM
Author: claireabelle
What sort of prices are the Legacy with colored stones? Does anyone have a ball park figure?
These are now on the T&Co website. The aquamarine one is $6400 for the 1.09ct, $7450 for the 1.6ct and $11000 for the 2.95ct.

They also have the green tourmaline, pink sapphire, spessartite, tanzanite and sapphire Legacy rings listed
9.gif

claireabelle

Shiny_Rock
oh, beautiful! thanks, babe!
9.gif

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Wow. Where do I start? My aesthetic preference is really all over the place. (Translation: I drool over almost everything I see on PS
9.gif
.) I like sleek contemporary styles such as the Tiffany Etoile as well as intricate and antique-inspired styling (engraving, filigree). But most of all, I like jewelry that seems to incorporate a bit from various design influences. Most jewelry falls into one design theme or another: classic/traditional vs. modern/geometric vs. intricate/antique. I tend to like things that are "unique" but not so far off the beaten path that they are no longer classy looking.

I also like all metal colors, including two and three tone (I even like Black Hills Gold!). If I had to choose something I didn''t like that would be tough. I dislike enormous rings. But that, too, is relative. One person''s elegant ring is another person''s cocktail ring. It all depends whether the finger size and look of the ring allows the wearer to pull it off. I also dislike rings with very high profiles. My original e-ring had a high six-prong setting and it came to look quite dangerous (could have been used in self defense
11.gif
). There are always exceptions, but generally I prefer rings that hug the finger for comfort — so they don''t hit and snag things easily — and instead show off the detail by taking up more room in width rather than height. I rarely notice the sides of a ring when I see a ring I like but I always notice the tops.

As for designers, I like Simon G and Beverly K. A number of Durnell, Hildago, Natalie K, Tacori and Mark Schneider rings are stunning. In addition, Van Craeynest has always been a favorite for the sheer beauty of the craftsmanship. (Love the
Van Craeynest thread.)

Surfgirl''s transitional cut and antique setting are spectacular. In fact, if I had seen a transitional cut diamond prior to our engagement ring shopping, I might have preferred those "chunky monkey" facets to today''s modern RB.

I REALLY love this setting by Ingwer. It seems to combine a filigree and antique look with a nice bezel setting that keeps the center diamond the focal point and makes it look BIG. At the same time, the setting appears substantial and durable enough to last a lifetime. Most settings look delicate OR sturdy, this one somehow looks as if it offers both.

I also love here.

And, of course, I am partial to my recent reset 1.04 RB diamond in this very feminine but distinctive modified three-stone setting (bypass style with heart shape diamonds on either side of a RB, and pavé down the side). I''ve never seen anything quite like it!
30.gif

And, finally, I really like this from a Los Angeles designer, Vaichi.com, in platinum because it seems to fuse a modern style with antique style engraving:

Viachi_1079T.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE this: Gina.

But I think what I want for my (hopefully soon!) upgrade, is a twin of DeeMarie''s ring.

DeeMarieRing2.jpg

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Here is a Simon G I hope to one day own as a RHR:

Firenze_1450_SIMONG.jpg

GemView

Shiny_Rock
And here is a lovely Beverly K from Pearlman's (somebody on PS bought one but I can't find the thread
7.gif
):

62PP13-BeverylyK_pearlmansjewelry.jpg

GemView

Shiny_Rock
And lastly, this gorgeous bezel setting:

0200f34_CARLLEWIS.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of your choices are lovely! My problem is I pretty much want it all.
9.gif

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
As long as I know this 1.38 ct pink Asscher ring is out there (and it still is) ... I''ll love it (and continue to mangle it in Photoshop).

pinkassch1.38_bag1234.jpg

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/22/2008 5:29:09 PM
Author: julesbeth
I would adore this little number on my left digit.
30.gif

DSCN89244.jpg

OMG. Where did you find that. I am absolutely in love!
30.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I also covet canuk-gal''s asscher eternity ring, which I hope one day to own (not her exact ring, just a copy
2.gif
).
30.gif

asschereternitylovelovelove.JPG

mezmeryzed

Rough_Rock

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
... and I revere Giselle''s magnificent ring. A showstopper, if there ever was one.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-pink-champagne-e-ring.78974/

I apologize if I''ve overstepped by making this collage, but sometimes I just want to gaze at it without digging up the thread...
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

gisellepink123.jpg

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies, are you ready for this site? Believe me, you will waste lots of time here.

Its called Israel Rose and all of the rings are just drool-worthy (I had a hard time finding just one to post!). I feel my fiance will get many links to this in the future.. probably VERY distant future, but a gal can dream gosh darn it!

http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/

I actually think her prices are not too awful!

julesbeth

Brilliant_Rock
When I say ''not too awful'' I meant the prices.... duh!

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 1:26:56 PM
Hi Ladies, are you ready for this site? Believe me, you will waste lots of time here.

Its called Israel Rose and all of the rings are just drool-worthy (I had a hard time finding just one to post!). I feel my fiance will get many links to this in the future.. probably VERY distant future, but a gal can dream gosh darn it!

God bless you for posting that link! WOW!

kimikocat

Shiny_Rock
This one looks like it might be clunky, but in person it''s heartstopping http://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif
Insert smilie
1.gif

vancraeynest1954_large.jpg

GemView

Shiny_Rock

GemView

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/23/2008 1:26:56 PM

Wow, you weren''t kidding. This one is going in the jewelry bookmark folder!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I basically would take ALMOST any ring on Leon''s site.

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
This is one of my ultimate dream rings...

3.38 Carat Type IIa Golconda Diamond Ring
Item Number - 101112
Price - £87,750 $154,938 €128,159

"This is quite simply one of the finest diamond I have ever had the fortune to handle. It's not the largest stone to pass through my hands but in terms of sheer quality and rarity this stone surpasses them all"

Golconda Type IIa Diamond

Cut: Marquise Brilliant
Carat Weight: 3.38
Colour Grade: D Exceptional White+
Clarity: Flawless

This stone has been certified by the GIA.

The Birmingham Assay office have certified this stone as a 'Natural Untreated Diamond'.

Type IIa diamonds are often absolutely colourless and exhibit an extreme transparency.

golconda12345_1.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
One more view of that fat, flawless "Marq-oval"...

101112_4.jpg

Ninama

Brilliant_Rock
Background...

Golconda The Story...

The Shah of Persia, Nadir Shah first made this oldest of diamond mines famous when he named it the “mountain of light” or “Koh-I-Noor”. Until 1730 when diamonds were discovered in Brazil this was virtually the only source for diamonds in the world. It is the sheer quality that sets this most magnificent of stones apart from other “D” colour diamonds. The Golconda is the whitest of stones with an unrivalled luminosity gained from its exceptional purity.

Golconda diamonds have survived through many centuries to become the world’s most luxurious and sought after diamonds. The very mention of these sacred stones conjures excitement among diamond dealers.

Any diamond dealer who sees “D” colour diamonds in the general routine of their business struggle to find a phrase to describe these rarest of stones. “a spirit of purity” “like a pure mountain stream” “whiter than white” and “brighter than bright” have all been used. Many experts across the world have even called for a new “C” rating so they can be recognised for their exceptional purity.

The facts of the Golconda stones are very simple. It must be a type IIa diamond, meaning a stone with the absence of discernible nitrogen and of course it must originate from the Golconda mines. Although many famous diamonds have been mined from the region including the rough Nizam 340 carat, found in 1835, the mines had their peak production during the 1600’s - hence the number of these type IIa masterpieces is extremely rare.

Many of the original Golconda stones retain their original cut, a soft cushion shape, which many believe bring out the true essence of its particular look and appeal. A few of these old wonders have been re-cut to improve the clarity rating from VS1 to flawless for private buyers who want unrivalled quality but the school is still out for the ‘old master’ or a ‘new definition of purity’.

Placing a country of origin on practically any “D” Flawless diamond is certainly a perilous endevour. However these type IIa nitrogen free, chemically pure and colourless diamonds have historically heralded always from the Golconda mine of India.

Although the mine and river bed has long since dried up after constant exploitation since antiquity, some of the worlds finest diamonds including the Koh-I-Noor, the Regent and the Great Mogul were all found in Golconda.

‘Golconda’ has since become the term to describe the very few diamonds that are “whiter than white” (type IIa) and have the finest degree of transparency synonymous with these stones of legends.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results