shape
carat
color
clarity

Looking for pictures of Half-Bezel Solitaires with bands!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

northstar_78

Shiny_Rock
Hi all. I''ve narrowed the choice down to Whiteflash''s Halfbezel Heavy Shank by LE. I''d like two narrow bands to sit on top, and underneath. I''m thinking a Tiffany Etoile style band, or one like Vatche''s scattered diamond. Any other suggestions? Here are some other things to consider:

-I have a small fing size 3.75 and short fingers
-I like the idea of a 0.50 carat H&A center stone?
-I like either white gold or platinum?
-Bands should be around 2mm each?

sorry about the attachment. I could only attach one so here''s the other''s URL: http://www.whiteflash.com/Wedding_Bands/Comfort-fit-scattered-diamond-band_700.htm

gi_PLPT205_m.jpeg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
northstar_78:

I have attached a picture of the half bezel ring in 18K yellow gold with a platinum band on each side. These bands are 3mm half round platinum bands, and it gives you an idea of how the band on each side looks. You can be very creative with the bands due to the simplicity of the setting.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

LH2bands.jpg

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s a close up view. The scattered band is a similar band with the diamonds set in to the platinum.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

LH2bands1.jpg

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Northstar, I love, love, love that idea.
30.gif
Just be careful of comfort.

Lesley, what is the mm measurement of your bezel setting? Looks like 6 mm maybe? Which means about 6 mm + 3 mm + 3 mm = 12 mm total width. I love super wide rings and wear them comfortably, but on a small short fingers, a wide ring will not allow you to close you hand.

DiamondLil

P.S. That half bezel setting is one of my favorites!!!!!
18.gif

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
OK..it was the person from Whiteflash who wrote...I will go on and post.....

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Lesley, haven''t I read/heard that platinum and gold worn next to each other will cause the metals to wear down? So would white gold be better next to yellow gold instead of platinum?
33.gif

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondlil:

This combo is 6mm + 3mm + 3mm = 12mm The 12mm total makes it sound really wide but the look is fabulous.

Northstar_78:

The diamond in this ring is a 1 carat. With a .50 the width will change slightly to a little over 5mm - plus if you use 2mm bands your total will be around 9mm (IMHO not too wide for your finger size
1.gif
)

Maxine:

Over time any rings sitting next to each other will scratch and start to wear down, but I wouldn''t be overconcerned with this combo.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Lesley. Not to hijak Northstar''s thread, but would the half bezel setting work for a larger stone, say 1.75 to 2 ct. I guess the width on it would become even wider, right?

I like Northstar''s idea of the 2 Etoile style wedding bands (been contemplating buying one in yellow gold for over a year), 1 on either side. Keep us informed and post pics and hand shots, please.
30.gif

DiamondLil

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondLil:

Yes, the width of the ring will adjust according to the diameter of the diamond. I am a big half bezel fan and have the pendant and earrings too.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like Scott Kay makes quite a few of them...............
28.gif

marriahlyn

Shiny_Rock
Here is a picture of mine although probably opposite of what you''re wanting to see. Mine was made by Whiteflash and has the pave on the halfbezel. My center stone is 1.48ct so the ring is 7mm wide and the side bands are 2mm. My ring finger is size 6 3/4 and even with big fingers the width is overwhelming at times and I usually only wear one band.

993487905.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results