shape
carat
color
clarity

My Van Craeynest Ering...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/20/2008 5:16:25 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Gorgeous! How about a profile shot?

cheers--Sharon
Ditto!!
36.gif
I would love to see more pics of your beauty!

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous stone and setting Mariposa!!

Congratulations!
1.gif

(and well done on the pictures!)

Cachette

badgerskunk

Rough_Rock
My fiance just got her wedding set and it is breathtakingly gorgeous I want to post a picture but I can''t for some reason in the gallery it says not approved yet or something. I joined about five months ago

badgerskunk

Rough_Rock
Ok here is the engagement ring, she has the set though I will post pictures of it later today. Van Craeynest is amazing he was so good to work with and she could not be happier.

IMG_5564.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS Badgerskunk (interesting name....
6.gif
). Perhaps you should message admin and see what they have to say about them error message. I think you definitely need to start your own thread so we can see more details of that ring! What a treat to see it in yellow gold
3.gif

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for all the compliments!!

OMG!! That set is GORGEOUS in yellow gold!! Congrats on your new heirloom and engagement!

LIB - we have twins; I actually had your pics saved on my computer to tide me over until mine arrived. Unfortunately, VC didn''t set my diamond. I wish they had, though because the jeweler did a horrible job! It really bugs me and I need to have it redone, I just hate to be without it. LOL!

34.gif
Mariposa

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 4:14:33 PM
Author: Mariposa

OMG!! That set is GORGEOUS in yellow gold!! Congrats on your new heirloom and engagement!

LIB - we have twins; I actually had your pics saved on my computer to tide me over until mine arrived. Unfortunately, VC didn't set my diamond. I wish they had, though because the jeweler did a horrible job! It really bugs me and I need to have it redone, I just hate to be without it. LOL!

34.gif
Mariposa
Woohooo Twins! Well, not really...your diamond is just too gorgeous! I'm glad my pictures helped tide you over. I mentioned before in Poptart's thread that I practically drove myself insane trying to find internet pictures of VC rings in their natural habitats....I hope nobody has to go through that EVER
6.gif
2.gif

Also, I didn't notice anything from your pictures, but I did read your reference to a "rogue prong." Where did you go to have your diamond set? Is it structurally unsound, or just crooked, or (heaven forbid...) both? I'm just asking because I couldn't really see from the pictures.

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 9:16:25 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Date: 2/22/2008 4:14:33 PM

LIB - we have twins; I actually had your pics saved on my computer to tide me over until mine arrived. Unfortunately, VC didn''t set my diamond. I wish they had, though because the jeweler did a horrible job! It really bugs me and I need to have it redone, I just hate to be without it. LOL!

34.gif
Mariposa
Woohooo Twins! Well, not really...your diamond is just too gorgeous! I''m glad my pictures helped tide you over. I mentioned before in Poptart''s thread that I practically drove myself insane trying to find internet pictures of VC rings in their natural habitats....I hope nobody has to go through that EVER
6.gif
2.gif

Also, I didn''t notice anything from your pictures, but I did read your reference to a ''rogue prong.'' Where did you go to have your diamond set? Is it structurally unsound, or just crooked, or (heaven forbid...) both? I''m just asking because I couldn''t really see from the pictures.
LIB, your diamond is AWESOME!! It looks gorgeous in the setting and so suits your hand.

I had the diamond set at a pretty large, well-known jeweler in Philladelphia. I''m not sure if it''s alright to mention them by name, but they have quite a large internet presence. They do carry VC and we ordered the setting through them.

I don''t think it''s structurally unsound, the prongs just seem a bit "funny"...like, crooked "funny". I''m not sure...maybe that does mean it''s structurally unsound. I''ve been thinking about contacting VC directly to see if I could possibly send the ring back to them and have them take a look at it. Everyone that has had direct dealings with them seem to have rave reviews.

34.gif
Mariposa

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2008 10:06:32 PM

LIB, your diamond is AWESOME!! It looks gorgeous in the setting and so suits your hand.

I had the diamond set at a pretty large, well-known jeweler in Philladelphia. I''m not sure if it''s alright to mention them by name, but they have quite a large internet presence. They do carry VC and we ordered the setting through them.

I don''t think it''s structurally unsound, the prongs just seem a bit ''funny''...like, crooked ''funny''. I''m not sure...maybe that does mean it''s structurally unsound. I''ve been thinking about contacting VC directly to see if I could possibly send the ring back to them and have them take a look at it. Everyone that has had direct dealings with them seem to have rave reviews.

34.gif
Mariposa
Thanks for the clues Mariposa. I think I know who the jeweler is. I don''t think it necessary to name that jeweler (haha, what a gameshow that would be...) I was just curious
3.gif
. I would consider contacting VC about the prongs if they bother you. When my husband and I visited I met their stone setter and he is excellent; he is very good at setting the stones on-facet.

Oh and I forgot to say congrats on your engagement! Have you set a date yet??

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
I think I will give them a call to see what they say. I''m attaching a picture to give you an idea of what I''m saying (I''m not good at explaining these things).

DSC01272.JPG

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
I''m sorry, I forgot to answer a few questions. My ring size is a 4 and the shank is about the same width as LIB''s ring-shank, I think: 3.5mm tapering to 2.

Thank you for the congratulations, LIB. We were actually married on December 31, 2007 at my hubby''s boss''s house (New Years party). It was reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy laid-back and fun!! We''re having a family, "coming out" ceremony this June on the beaches of the Outer Banks in NC, where we''ve rented a huge house for everyone. But, I''m hoping to get the matching wedding band within the next month - we''ve just begun paying back his law school loans and money''s a little tight.
14.gif
I''m currently wearing a plain palladium wedding band with my VC baby. It''s actually not too bad for a place-holder WB.

34.gif
Mariposa

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2008 7:50:37 AM
I think I will give them a call to see what they say. I''m attaching a picture to give you an idea of what I''m saying (I''m not good at explaining these things).
Wow that is a great profile picture of your ring Mariposa! I see the prongs and I''m no good at explaining things either...the only word that comes to mind is that the prong looks "wiggled" but that still isn''t right... I''ll bet nobody else notices the prong unless you point it out
2.gif

Date: 2/23/2008 2:04:07 PM
I''m sorry, I forgot to answer a few questions. My ring size is a 4 and the shank is about the same width as LIB''s ring-shank, I think: 3.5mm tapering to 2.

Thank you for the congratulations, LIB. We were actually married on December 31, 2007 at my hubby''s boss''s house (New Years party). It was reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyyyy laid-back and fun!! We''re having a family, ''coming out'' ceremony this June on the beaches of the Outer Banks in NC, where we''ve rented a huge house for everyone. But, I''m hoping to get the matching wedding band within the next month - we''ve just begun paying back his law school loans and money''s a little tight.
14.gif
I''m currently wearing a plain palladium wedding band with my VC baby. It''s actually not too bad for a place-holder WB.

34.gif
Mariposa
Ooooh congratulations to you newlyweds and on your hubby graduating from law school (I presume?). The laid back wedding thing sounds like my kind of fun, and the Outer Banks is the bomb! I would love to see some pictures of your palladium WB with your ''VC baby'' *hint hint*
31.gif
10.gif

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
I second LIB''s request!
face1.gif
It is absolutely gorgeous and delicate. Which Van Craeynest design number is this? Can''t wait to see the wedding band!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooo, gorgeous stone and gorgeous ring!
36.gif

eaglesgal

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is beautiful...I love the unique setting!

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you, AnitaT, Catmom & eaglesgal! AnitaT, the style number is 456, in platinum.

I will try to get some more pics of it with the band this afternoon....stay tuned!

Thanks again, everyone, for your very nice comments.

34.gif
Mariposa

AnitaT

Shiny_Rock
Mariposa,
Thanks for the setting information. A couple of months ago, I tried on 1034-2 (with a red stone like the one on the current VC thread on SMTR). The flowers, miligrain and overall design were beautiful and the craftsmanship impressive, but not quite what I was looking for--it was just a little "heavy" for me. So, I really like how dainty your ring looks. Thanks again for sharing and I will look forward to seeing more pictures!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful! I just love VC!

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Daimondseeker! As promised, here it is.

DSC01312.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/24/2008 2:49:32 PM
Thank you Daimondseeker! As promised, here it is.
OOooh I really like that paired with the plain band too Mariposa! The palladium band looks like a good combination height and width wise with the ering. When you get the matching wedding band do you think will wear all three together? (...cuz I wanna see pictures of that too...
3.gif
2.gif
4.gif
)

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/23/2008 7:50:37 AM
Hey MariP (I love butterflies btw), did you ever contact VC about your prong? Just curious
2.gif

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone! Sorry, I''ve been MIA for a while dealing with "wedding" stuff. And we just adopted a new furbaby!!

LIB - I did contact Larry and he agreed to take a look at my ring. He had his stone-setter fix it and I''m SOOOO happy with the results! Also, my little beauty now has its mate. I''m so happy with it. I will try and post pics of my bona-fied SET this evening!

emrainbow.gif
Mariposa

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
VC does such gorgeous work!!! Your ering is beautiful, congrats!!!!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2008 2:15:13 PM
Hi Everyone! Sorry, I''ve been MIA for a while dealing with ''wedding'' stuff. And we just adopted a new furbaby!!

LIB - I did contact Larry and he agreed to take a look at my ring. He had his stone-setter fix it and I''m SOOOO happy with the results! Also, my little beauty now has its mate. I''m so happy with it. I will try and post pics of my bona-fied SET this evening!

emrainbow.gif
Mariposa
Hooray! I''m so glad VC was able to fix your prongs!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So where are those pictures MariP??
31.gif
2.gif

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about the wait...I finally had a minute to get these on! I know I''ve already said this but I am just THRILLED with my new set. I feel so honored to be wearing these gorgeous pieces of art as a symbol of my life with the love of my life! They''re so substantial, so permanent. Needless to say, I will never be up-grading.

So, without further ado...here are some pics!

DSC01421.JPG

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock

DSC01393.JPG

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock

DSC01418.JPG

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2008 8:17:56 AM
Sorry about the wait...I finally had a minute to get these on! I know I've already said this but I am just THRILLED with my new set. I feel so honored to be wearing these gorgeous pieces of art as a symbol of my life with the love of my life! They're so substantial, so permanent. Needless to say, I will never be up-grading.

So, without further ado...here are some pics!

I know what you mean Mariposa...
10.gif
, I love your rings
9.gif
. Besides, there are always RHRs
31.gif

The prongs on your engagement ring look like perfection now from what I can see in the photos, and congratulations on your ering finding its mate. I wish I had fingers like yours
5.gif
!

Mariposa

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, LIB!! I can''t articulate how happy I am now that the prongs are fixed. They really do look perfect now! It was actually becoming a safety issue as the prongs used to rip holes in my gloves at work. I work in a hospital pathology laboratory and handle not-so-nice things on a daily basis.
14.gif

I am really glad I went with VC. It''s sooo hard to find settings that are made with such attention to detail for smaller diamonds. That''s what I was looking for...I was willing to pay a premium for quality craftsmanship and artistry.

VIVA VAN CRAEYNEST!!

emrainbow.gif
Mariposa

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Your photography skills are fine... just look at those arrows! Beautiful!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results