shape
carat
color
clarity

My RB As A Solitaire...Waiting On Permanent Setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovesparklies

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that''s a gorgeous diamond and I looked back at your thread about your setting and you''re going to have one STUNNING ring!! Make sure to come back with lots of detail shots once you put it into the final setting.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is a big beautiful ring, cant wait to see it permanently set
31.gif

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
That thing is AMAZING! I''m totally speechless!
36.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
oh, it''s soooo beautiful! i can''t wait to see it set in it''s new home!
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

you should update your avatar
28.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! JCrow, I was thinking the same thing! LTF has some BEAUTIFUL pics there!
30.gif

MMT

Ideal_Rock
Wow that is one beautiful ring. I can''t wait to see the final setting. Enjoy your vacation.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
That is seriously an attention-grabbing stunner. I''d be that slightly scary person trying to get a better view of your hand... heeee, but in a very subtle way
12.gif
What will the final setting be like? Can''t wait to see it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2008 1:49:24 PM
Author: Miranda
luvstheflash - ignore the negative posts from the ''troll like'' poster! Enjoy your beauty! What will your permanent setting look like? I can''t wait to see it! We need more pics of your fab stone! WOW does it sparkle!!!!
luvstheflash, it''s really outstanding. I was curious too....... what will be it''s new home? Do you have a specific setting in mind?

K9

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! Ginormous - love it. I too am curious what its new "home" will be.
31.gif

Burk

Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes! What a stunning stone! Hope you''re enjoying it on your finger!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YOWZA!!! Your ring is gorgeous luvstheflash!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Ooooh I am SO excited to see that beautiful diamond in it''s final setting!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is gorgeous. Congratulations.

LollyBear

Brilliant_Rock
Oh - My- Goodness!
30.gif
That stone is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!
30.gif
Can''t wait to see the permanent setting on that puppy. Enjoy!

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Thank you all so much for keeping my little girl giggle going! I am thoroughly enjoying my new diamond and find myself mesmerized by it often during the day. I have to try not to stare at it because it can be embarrassing to get caught looking at it all the time! LOL

To those who want me to keep this as a solitaire, I must apologize, but I just really feel like she needs some friends! I am just drawn to a more heavy look I guess. LOL All of the dainty looking jewelry that I have just sits in the jewelry box and I''m thinking of new things to do with those pieces. Also, I''m 44 and have always worn a lot of jewelry, so I feel comfortable in pulling it off.

This process has gone pretty smooth, but actually took a bit longer than I thought it would. I will show you (through pictures) what got me to this point and what I''m waiting on.

First inspiration piece...a beautiful Natalie K

natalie k inspiration.jpg

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Got the CAD drawings in and, while I liked it and understand that CAD''s are very rough, something felt very severe to me.

haloround.jpg

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
I decided that the round halo was just too round and that the size of the diamond just really affecting the integrity of the design. So, I felt like a cushion shape would look better and found this picture of ArtNouveau''s ring. Beeeeeeauuuuuutiful!

beaudry halo inspiration.jpg

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
I also felt like something wasn''t complete on the profile and asked him to build some diamond walls to separate the three sections. I looooove Michael Beaudry''s designs, so I sent my jeweler this picture.

beaudry profile inspiration.jpg

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
So, he went back to the designer and I approved the design based on the latest CAD's. I have seen the wax and it is sooo pretty and I'm so excited.

The halo around the center stone will have more softened corners than is shown here and there will be milgrain edging rather than smooth.

28.JPG

RxTechRN2b

Brilliant_Rock
That thing has everything -- side stones, halos around everything, stones on all sides of the shank, milgraine details, a surprise diamond on the sides, scrolled metalwork underneath the basket -- I''m flabbergasted!

It''s so big that the top is bigger than the shank! How long have you been working on this project? And how long till you have it on your finger? I''m excited for you, and that was nicr that the jeweler put the center diamond into the temporary solitaire so you could wear it while he builds that huge ring. It reminds me of an architectural structure.

Have you been getting comments on the size of the diamond in the solitaire setting "in real life"? You''ll have to fill us in on what they say after it''s in its permanebt home!

Please excuse all the questions, I''m just amazed at all the details and SIZE!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that''s just gorgeous! Beautiful stone!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That diamond is drop dead gorgeous!

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Thanks y'all
1.gif

Date: 7/12/2008 11:49:58 AM
Author: RxTechRN2b
That thing has everything -- side stones, halos around everything, stones on all sides of the shank, milgraine details, a surprise diamond on the sides, scrolled metalwork underneath the basket -- I'm flabbergasted!

It's so big that the top is bigger than the shank! How long have you been working on this project? And how long till you have it on your finger? I'm excited for you, and that was nicr that the jeweler put the center diamond into the temporary solitaire so you could wear it while he builds that huge ring. It reminds me of an architectural structure.

Have you been getting comments on the size of the diamond in the solitaire setting 'in real life'? You'll have to fill us in on what they say after it's in its permanebt home!

Please excuse all the questions, I'm just amazed at all the details and SIZE!

No problem about the questions, Terry and thank you! The whole thing is quite big, but the CAD is very deceiving too; it will be a bit more softer than it appears. I've seen the wax, which makes it look more normal, albeit outstanding! LOL The whole process hasn't been too bad timewise, except for my tremendous anticipation. I think I met with the jeweler for the first time about 5 weeks ago. We took about a week looking at different stones and once we selected, he started the CAD process with the designer. Since I changed the design, I lost a few days for him to redo it, but that wasn't too bad. I love your reference to architecture...makes sense to me because I love very intricate architecture as well....no clean, modern lines for me!

It was nice of my jeweler to set the stone temporarily; I love getting used to it! No one has stopped me to comment on the diamond, except my friends, who knew it was coming anyway. They lovingly call me a brat!
31.gif
30.gif
1.gif

han001

Rough_Rock
WOW-ZA! Rough Rock, your stone is G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S!
30.gif
The setting looks amazing - I love that you went with a more cushion-shaped halo. Can''t wait for some hand shots!

louisvgirl

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning! Can''t wait to see the finished product. It will be absolutely magnificant. You''ve thought of everything and it shows! I''d be dying with anticipation, too!
36.gif

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful. Can''t wait till you get it! You must be crazed with excitement!

diamond_lover1

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/12/2008 10:00:31 AM
Author: luvstheflash
I also felt like something wasn''t complete on the profile and asked him to build some diamond walls to separate the three sections. I looooove Michael Beaudry''s designs, so I sent my jeweler this picture.
how did u get such great pics? i cant get any!! the detail on your pics is similar to MY new mntg which i love
face23.gif
!!! it has diamonds on the front & back (in some filigree work), on the sides and around the stone with milgrain edging. you''ll LOVE it when its finished. i know what u mean about finding yourself staring at it, i do the same thing, with a goofy smile on my face too, im sure! its great to see the sun reflecting off it when ur driving in the car too, but be careful, you dont want to blind anybody
emdgust.gif
! enjoy it and wear it in good health. we deserve it!

luvstheflash

Rough_Rock
Thank you ladies!

Date: 7/12/2008 9:03:53 PM
Author: diamond_lover1
Date: 7/12/2008 10:00:31 AM

Author: luvstheflash

how did u get such great pics? i cant get any!! the detail on your pics is similar to MY new mntg which i love
face23.gif
!!! it has diamonds on the front & back (in some filigree work), on the sides and around the stone with milgrain edging. you''ll LOVE it when its finished. i know what u mean about finding yourself staring at it, i do the same thing, with a goofy smile on my face too, im sure! its great to see the sun reflecting off it when ur driving in the car too, but be careful, you dont want to blind anybody
emdgust.gif
! enjoy it and wear it in good health. we deserve it!

Thanks diamond_lover1! I''d love to see pics of your ring; it''s sound yummy! I read on here to go outside, get the light source behind the ring and to use the macro setting on your camera. I''m not sure I have a macro setting, but I pushed the little "flower" button and set the camera on a solid surface, rather than trying to hold it steady. That seemed to work very good...maybe you can give it a try. Good luck!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Stunning diamond luvstheflash! Another blazingly white I, yay! And how nice of your jeweller to put it in a temp setting for you to enjoy.
I really like that diamond as a solitaire (but obviously I''m biased, lol). Your ring design is gonna be one heck of a blingy set when its finished - can''t wait to see the end product!

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
What a rock!!! It looks HUGE on your finger. Can''t wait to see pictures of it in its permanent setting. Congrats.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OK, now that I have my eyes back in my head
2.gif
... holy schmoley INDEED!!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

Me just LOVES ME a HUGE, BEAUTIFUL ROCK, and that one certainly fits the bill!

Good heavens, it''s gorgeous! (And did I mention HUGE?!)

Congrats and enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results