shape
carat
color
clarity

My GOG e-ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondGirlHH

Shiny_Rock
Hello lilythespitfire,

Congratulations on your engagement and your beautiful new ring!!!
36.gif

That diamond looks huge, what is the specs on it? If you don''t mind me asking...

Enjoy the engaged life and good luck with the wedding plans...

Heather

pixley

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhhhh WAOOOOW! Those photos really do right by your beautiful ring. It''s beyond words beautiful!

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
That''s a pretty terrific rock you have there ! Did you buy sunglasses yet?
1.gif

Vote4PedroToo

Shiny_Rock
This is so beautiful!

erica k

Brilliant_Rock
oh my goodness, that is so stunning! i definitely love wider shanks, and your ring looks so fluid and substantial. beautiful stone, what are the specs?
36.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
beautiful!! is that the Vatache X-Prong setting? i really love that it is so simple yet makes such a statement! just beautiful!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
simple, elegant, timeless...all very good things!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
WOW! I do not even need to know the stats on that stone to know that it is fantastic!! Love the setting too, very sleek.
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love the wide setting! Classic and beautiful!

DiscoT

Rough_Rock
Wow, that rock does look huge! The sleek and modern setting goes really well with the diamond!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Hi all!

Omg... you all have totally flattered me! For the ladies that want to know: I am a size 4.25- 4.5 finger size. I was resized at GOG and recently found this out. My ering is a 4.5 so it slips a little bit, but I worried that it would get tight by the time summer comes.

Has my engagement really sunk in? Nope! LOL...I''m starting to plan now and vowed to get a binder of sorts but I''m kind of avoiding it! It has sunk in for my FI who is lovin'' being engaged! The wedding is all he can talk about and how excited he is!

The setting is actually NOT a D. Vatche X-prong. I tried it on at GOG, but something about it looked really off on my fingers. There was a slight lip at the edge where it meets the diamond and the way it tapered off looked funny on me. I was SO set on that too. The setting I have here is a custom setting from a jeweler through GOG. Its similar to the vatche setting, but there are some differences between them. This one doesn''t taper and there isn''t that little edge when it comes up to the diamond.

Here are the specs on my rock:

Carat weight: 1.29
Color: J
Clarity: SI2
Cut: IDEAL
Light performance: AGS 0
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 60.8%
Table: 55.7%
Polish: IDEAL
Symmetry: IDEAL
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: POINTED
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 7.04 X 7.06 X 4.29 mm

Crown height: 34.9*
Pavilion depth: 40.8*

Let me know if you want more pics! I''ll try to get some more in and have them resized by the FI.

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
wow! well i must say i LOVE that setting.... like LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I want something that mimics the lucida setting and i think yours does! I want to try the Vatache on sometime to see if i like it as well. i just love this setting... i must add it to my favorites!!!!
18.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful ring. The diamond is so clear and gorgeous. I love it.

Linda

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
Ohhh....I love it!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 6:13:20 PM
Author: beanie
wow! well i must say i LOVE that setting.... like LOVE LOVE LOVE it! I want something that mimics the lucida setting and i think yours does! I want to try the Vatache on sometime to see if i like it as well. i just love this setting... i must add it to my favorites!!!!
18.gif

I''m really flattered. Thank you so much. I''ve never seen a Lucida before (not a Tiffany person, oddly enough) and I just went to check it out. It''s very similar to mine. It''s probably a little wider mm wise, but the gallery (basket/trellis) part is the nearly identical.

I''m just stuck now on finding an appropriate band. FI wants plain matching bands, but I want a little bling. Probably not going to happen since he''s pretty set on the matching concept. Anyone know of a good mm size band? My shank is 4mm across, no tapering and I''m worried that a thick wband will overwhelm my finger.

sugarplum

Brilliant_Rock
very nice rock, lily! congrats on your engagement!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
What a diamond! Thank goodness you have the perfect setting to complement it...just gorgeous
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
!

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
I just had to come back and look at this beautiful ring one more time... Oh heck i will be coming back more i am sure.

Lilly~ you said that you had it custom made, are you able/willing to share where you got it made? Or did GOG hook you up to this jewler? i have seen many many many beautiful rings on here but this one is one that i can honestly say speaks to me 110%.. although i want a princess of hearts instead of a RB... but goodness i just love everything about your e-ring!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful ring! Congrats!!!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/11/2008 11:32:57 AM
I just had to come back and look at this beautiful ring one more time... Oh heck i will be coming back more i am sure.

Lilly~ you said that you had it custom made, are you able/willing to share where you got it made? Or did GOG hook you up to this jewler? i have seen many many many beautiful rings on here but this one is one that i can honestly say speaks to me 110%.. although i want a princess of hearts instead of a RB... but goodness i just love everything about your e-ring!

Hi Beanie!
I am SO flattered you don''t even know!! The setting is custom and it was made by a jeweler through GOG, but they didn''t make it for us. They showed us a set of custom settings and we chose from those as opposed to the bigger brand names. I having a hard time finding something that spoke to me. There was always too much on the setting itself or it was the popular thin shank and pave. But this one was so CLEAN. There wasn''t anything that seemed out of place or awkward about it to take away from the center stone. It was a fluid modern look. When they put the diamond on it, it was like, OK this is it.

I believe the jeweler''s name was Jacob something. I''ll check the information GOG gave me and let you know as soon as I find out. I did hear that this jeweler was attempting to go into retirement!! So if you''re considering an ering now with your bf, I''d say call and find out from GOG if they''re taking any more pieces from Jacob.

If you want more pictures beanie of the gallery or the sides, let me know and I''ll post them for you. It''s rainy and cloudy here in NY so they won''t be as nice as the first few. But I''m more thank happy to oblige!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/10/2008 6:13:20 PM
18.gif
I agree! I find a diamond set in more gold, so substantial looking, just looks sooooooo rich! I prefer thicker/wider settings to thin (2-3mm) settings. To me, a larger diamond gets attention, but even MORE attention grabbing when the diamond is set into a LOT of gold!! It''s beautiful...CONGRATS!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely love your ring - I''ve always loved a nice sized round in a beautiful fluidly substantial setting like yours!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring, and that diamond is TDF!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
GOG does it again!
36.gif

I have a killer J/SI2, too... aren't they awesome?!!! CONGRATS!

msjewell

Rough_Rock
Wow!! What a sparkley beautiful stone! And the setting, it''s looks amazing! Congratulations!!

dogmama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/13/2008 7:07:29 PM
Author: Lynn B
Beautiful ring, and that diamond is TDF!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
GOG does it again!
36.gif

I have a killer J/SI2, too... aren''t they awesome?!!! CONGRATS!

Yes! They are! Such a good value and its so beautiful in person. Do you have a picture of your e-ring?

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Amazing stone, YUMMY!!!!!
9.gif
3.gif

snogirl17

Shiny_Rock
Lilly~ if you would like to post more pictures of this beauty please go right ahead and do so... i know I would love to look at it and so would others!

thanks for the heads up on the retirement of the jewler. i will mention something to my other half about it. it is just still sweeping me of my feet!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
That stone and setting combo is a real stunner!!! They look fabulous together and so HUGE
30.gif

Gorgeous!!! Congrats on your engagement!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lily, I love your ring and the stone is just fantastic, but I had to tell you that I LOVED that first photo! Great shot! You''ll have to take more!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results