shape
carat
color
clarity

My custom WhiteFlash surprise diamond ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it is GORGEOUS
30.gif
!! congratulations to you and your fiance! (and i''m SO happy you suggested i could *ahem* borrow your beautiful design!! thank you thank you!)

now, i am anxiously awaiting those hand shots!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it''s gorgeous! Please post lots of handshots when you receive it tomorrow!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2007 11:20:44 PM
Author: rainydaze
it is GORGEOUS
30.gif
!! congratulations to you and your fiance! (and i''m SO happy you suggested i could *ahem* borrow your beautiful design!! thank you thank you!)

now, i am anxiously awaiting those hand shots!

Wow, this whole "fiance" and not "boyfriend" thing is going to take some getting used to! It hasn''t really sunk in yet for me. Maybe picking up the ring tomorrow will help.
2.gif

No problem about borrowing the design...share the love! Of course, it''s not really "mine" to begin with, since it''s a near-exact copy of the one I found at Costco. Wouldn''t want to take credit for something that''s not really my idea!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
It''s here! My camera doesn''t have a very good macro function, so here are 2 pics through a loupe. Dang, it''s hard to hold a loupe up in front of a camera at just the right distance from the ring...

handshot-loupe1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I manged to get the stone dirty already! Oh, well...

handshot-loupe2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Fire! (PSA: please feel free to ignore the ugly nails!)
3.gif

blue-fire1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Another view...

knuckles1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That''s about the best I can do with my camera. Sorry the pics are so huge! I cut down the resolution in Photoshop, but I don''t know how to resize them to smaller sizes.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great on you!!! Nice hand shots!

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
YAY!!!! Great looking pics! Gorgeous!!!!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! By the way, I totally think this was worth the extra effort and cost. The diamond sparkles so much more than the Costco stone (which had quite a bit of sparkle to begin with). I'm so glad I went with the ACA!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BEAUTIFUL!!!! i''m so glad you are happy with it, the result is just gorgeous. we need more hand shots though, full hand shots to be exact! and some side shots at a little distance showing off that suprise diamond!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Few more handshots coming your way, as requested...despite my lack of both photography skills and decent lighting!
3.gif

handshot111.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Yay, got the hang of this whole resizing pics thing! Hopefully they're not too small to see the details. Here's some blinding glare from one of the surprise diamonds.

handshot222.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
At another angle, to see the surprise diamond...

handshot333.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
My hand was blindingly washed out by the flash on this one, so I tried to adjust the contrast. I managed to do it at the cost of blurring the ring, but here we go...

handshot444.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
With my new fiance''s hand intertwined with mine...

handshot555.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
In the beautiful WF box...

ringbox111.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
And on said box...

ringonbox111.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
These pics just do not do this ring justice! It has amazing sparkle in any kind of lighting. It''s almost like a light source in itself. And it looks incredibly white for an I color. I keep on finding myself staring at it all day.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Cool ring! It looks really good with the square surprise diamonds. Congrats.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thank you, i can''t get enough pictures of your ring!!! it is BEAUTIFUL on your hand!

mara54

Shiny_Rock
Wow, such a pretty ring. Looks great on your hand. Congratulations on your engagement!!
35.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! You and WF did an excellent job!
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous
30.gif
30.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for all of your wonderful comments!

Here are a few more handshots from different angles. This is partially just me trying to get the hang of resizing pics to look good on this forum...but you guys get to benefit from the eye candy!
2.gif

Resize of P1010225.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Methinks these pics are a good size. FYI, the smaller ones were 25% the size of the original 3.2 megapixel pics. These are 35%. The huuuuuuge ones were just zoomed in, cropped, and re-saved at a lower resolution.

Resize of P1010226.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Not the greatest color contrast, but you get the idea!

By the way, these pics were all taken indoors, usually with the flash on. The ones with the black background were taken at night looking up at the ceiling, so only my hand got flashed, and the background turned black. I think it''s a pretty cool effect. This one was taken against a wall.

Resize of P1010227.JPG

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Oops, forgot to mention the ring size...it''s a 6.75. I normally wear 7s because that''s what all the stores carry. I''ve bought lots of colored gemstone and funky silver rings, and it''s not worth it to get them resized by 0.25. I have that unfortunate large-knuckled build, so it has to be 6.75 just to get over my knuckle, but it slides around a bit on my finger once it''s on. I think my "true" finger size (where the ring actually sits) is more like 6.5 or maybe even less.

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
looks beautiful! but, then again, I am biased...love princesses!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results