shape
carat
color
clarity

M is for mMmm.. (3.73 M VVS1 OEC from GOG)

cygnet

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
gun pics! gun pics! gun pics!

:naughty:

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
Hey madelise!!! I read on another thread that you recently got engaged!? CONGRATS GIRL!!! :appl: :appl: I've been following your journey and am thrilled for you!! Obviously being a snoopy p'ser I was wondering if you had a thread on your finished ring yet? or a photo? I can't wait to see it! I am sure it is stunning :love: :love: again, congrats!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GoldFish8|1385060951|3560724 said:
Hey madelise!!! I read on another thread that you recently got engaged!? CONGRATS GIRL!!! :appl: :appl: I've been following your journey and am thrilled for you!! Obviously being a snoopy p'ser I was wondering if you had a thread on your finished ring yet? or a photo? I can't wait to see it! I am sure it is stunning :love: :love: again, congrats!

Hi! I saw your post way back then but I had been very apprehensive about sharing my ring. I hadn't shared my ring on PS publicly because I had an absolutely horrible experience with the vendor in which I made the setting through. The setting was absolutely TRASH the first time around, and though it was remade, it was still sub-standard, and worse, it fell apart within a month of wear. I originally didn't want to share the bad news about that vendor (I won't mention them by name but a quick search through my history will tell you who they are) since I hate dragging anyone's name through the mud... However, I know how many PSers had been bugging me for the last YEAR AND A HALF now for updates... and I do absolutely love the DIAMOND... so...

I'll post some pictures. And avoid showing the ugly stuff. For now.

1264655_10200980369925540_1741767854_o.jpg

img_3632.jpg

comparisons.jpg

img_3633.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

pricescopelagtg.jpg

rainbow3.jpg

rainbow8.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_3636.jpg

img_3637.jpg

img_3638.jpg

img_3639.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

img_3641.jpg

img_3642.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you super duper so much to my bling soul sister ResonanceofLife for being by my side and going with me to the vendor to fight for a refund through all of the vendors' excuses, and FrekeChild for helping me articulate everything in the original letter I had sent.. as well as a whole mess of other PSer and vendor friends who held my hand and supported me emotionally while I had to clean up this mess. I was an absolute mess immediately post-engagement, and I cried over my engagement ring so many times. It gave me anxiety to look at it, and broke my heart to pieces to think that I had to give it over within a few days of getting engaged, wait 6 weeks for them to fix it, then wear it only a few times since I was still upset as well as paranoid of it breaking... then 5 weeks later, it falling apart again.

Dimples is now loose in the bank safe, waiting for my cheapy temp to arrive so I can at least get her set in something.

read.bradie

Rough_Rock
I love your stone!! So sorry for all the vendor trouble you've been having :(....but the stone is to die for :appl:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
What a magnificent setting! I love the colored, chunky facets against the halos, delicate diamonds and mill-grain. They just play off each other and the halo accentuates the diamond so tastefully, without over powering it's beauty (although that would be quite a feat!). Wow <3

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry you're going through this, but it is an absolutely beautiful design, and with your diamond :love: :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Madelise, I'm so sorry to hear about all of this!!! ;( It is such a shame that this setting turned into such a nightmare, it's a beautiful design and a sin it wasn't executed properly - but the really good news is you still own a gorgeous diamond that will look amazing in any setting - get that rock on your finger asap!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I, too, am so very sorry for all the trouble you had with the ring, especially after waiting so long to get it. It was a beautiful design and the diamond is just gorgeous!!! :love: I hope it will eventually be set in your dream setting!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1391973824|3611499 said:
I, too, am so very sorry for all the trouble you had with the ring, especially after waiting so long to get it. It was a beautiful design and the diamond is just gorgeous!!! :love: I hope it will eventually be set in your dream setting!

Thanks DS for your support during the turmoil, as well. I do love the gallery design to pieces since it is so symbolic to me, but I don't think I'll ever want anything that looks like this again. It's ruined for me, unfortunately. I think I'll always want lotuses in everything, but not like this. During the 5 weeks or so that I had the second remake of the setting, I hardly wore it. Looking at it made me feel queasy a bit. The experience really tarnished the design for me.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a harrowing journey, but I am so glad that you got a refund!

I hope its on your finger again soon. Have you thought about or planned a reset yet?

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dreamer_D|1391976123|3611516 said:

I hope its on your finger again soon. Have you thought about or planned a reset yet?

Yes, I am glad, too. I've learned one thing through this: never pay cash. When I was freaking out over it, someone mentioned calling my credit card to dispute over the fact that the product obviously didn't stand up to the wear it's meant for. We didn't use credit card. We paid cash for a slight discount. That slight discount isn't worth the heartache.

I did think about another setting. Ari helped me a bit, and then Hera helped me a lot of bit. But I've hit a rough spot in my relationship with my FI, so I think it's best to 1) take a break and not rush to make a forever setting when I might change my mind and 2) figure out if I still want to be engaged or not. No point in setting it and paying for a setting (myself, mind you, since the diamond took up his allotted budget for my e-ring) if.. well.. you know.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
madelise|1391977724|3611538 said:
Dreamer_D|1391976123|3611516 said:

Yes, I am glad, too. I've learned one thing through this: never pay cash. When I was freaking out over it, someone mentioned calling my credit card to dispute over the fact that the product obviously didn't stand up to the wear it's meant for. We didn't use credit card. We paid cash for a slight discount. That slight discount isn't worth the heartache.

I did think about another setting. Ari helped me a bit, and then Hera helped me a lot of bit. But I've hit a rough spot in my relationship with my FI, so I think it's best to 1) take a break and not rush to make a forever setting when I might change my mind and 2) figure out if I still want to be engaged or not. No point in setting it and paying for a setting (myself, mind you, since the diamond took up his allotted budget for my e-ring) if.. well.. you know.

Hugs maddy. Absolutely best to take time to think now, than act and regret later. On the ring and on the relationship front. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for an update on either in the future!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Oh no madelise. Big hugs to you. Not sure of what else to add from what others have said.

Big hugs.

GoldFish8

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sorry for the trouble you have gone through in creating your perfect setting. The design truly was beautiful, it's a shame that the craftsmanship and experience was so shoddy. You still have that big beautiful diamond though, no matter what you set it in it will be STUNNING! I am all for the simple solitaire. I hope you will eventually find peace both in ring creating and relationship wise..big hugs girl

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry you have to go through this. The diamond is really gorgeous.

Good luck for the coming period and a big hug. It must be sad to realize you might not want to be engaged. :(sad

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That diamond is over the top gorgeous. So sorry for all that happened with the setting. Hope that it all will turn out ok, ring and engagement. {{hug}}

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers and toes crossed that everything works out for you. Dimples is so gorgeous, she deserves a beautiful (secure) home.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hugs.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry for the mess you had to deal with. Good for you, for standing up for yourself and not accepting the vendor's subpar product. Your diamond is amazing, you deserve to be able to look down at it in a beautiful setting and feel happy instead of associating it with the negative experience you had with the vendor. (((Hugs)))

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
*hugs* Anytime, blingy soul sister. <3 Let me know who I need to beat up next :D

You'll find a beautiful home for dimples, one that deserves her!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
.....AND DIMPLES IS RESET! INTO A CHEAPY 6PRONG SOLITAIRE TEMP! :love: I'm actually enjoying the simplicity of the solitaire. It's very "engagement-y" and lets the diamond take center stage.

The solitaire is 14KT unplated WG. I love how warm it is. It "matches" the M of the diamond, sort of, but I swear it tints the diamond more! I might be imagining things. :confused:

The visual difference of going from halo to solitaire is huge, though. It looks so much smaller. BLASPHEMY, I know! But DSS has gotten me "used to" a 10.25mm diamond, where it doesn't look "huge" at all! Which is good in a sense, so I don't feel awkward wearing Dimples around.. but bad in a sense because I feel like she's not big enough! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

Here's a teaser of it getting set:

1897965_10201927170034951_135822027_n.jpg

And a perspective shot:

photo_4_30.jpg

I'll come back with proper photos in a day or two. The photos I got today weren't that great, and now it's dark out.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay for getting Dimples set! :appl: It looks SO gorgeous on your hand madelise! :love: Can't wait for more pics!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry for you ring drama, it's great it is set now and you can wear and enjoy it until you decide if you want another halo of some type. And it looks fantastic on you either way.

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
madelise|1392525787|3616163 said:
The visual difference of going from halo to solitaire is huge, though. It looks so much smaller. BLASPHEMY, I know! But DSS has gotten me "used to" a 10.25mm diamond, where it doesn't look "huge" at all! Which is good in a sense, so I don't feel awkward wearing Dimples around.. but bad in a sense because I feel like she's not big enough! :errrr: :errrr: :errrr:

I feel your pain!! Not exactly the same thing but when I put my 1.5ct haloed e-ring up against Gladys, they are visually a very similar size. No wonder I wanted to halo her!!!

I love Dimples in her new home. Can't wait to see more gorgeous photos!!

_14990.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Before and after halo:
screen_shot_2014-02-16_at_12.png

My ring size dropped one full size, and still the difference of the halo makes both: A) my finger look larger/fatter and B) my diamond look smaller. Interesting.

photo_1-1_4.jpg

photo_542.jpg

photo_543.jpg

photo_544.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium

photo_545.jpg

photo_546.jpg

photo_547.jpg

photo_548.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results