shape
carat
color
clarity

geckodanie - how are you liking the palladium?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I should have those photos comparing all 3 by Thursday, assuming the mail doesn''t run too slow!
5.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Well, I know you''ve already chosen, but I figured I''d post them anyway. Please excuse the sausage digit - I had 6 rings on one finger, and my sister''s are significantly smaller than mine, LOL. Her platinum also has quite the patina.

metalgdcomparison.jpg

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Dani - the palladium does look really similar to the platinum (minus the patina) - it will be interesting to see how the palladium wears over time. I figured that it wouldn''t hurt to try it and if I don''t like it, well then I can always do a reset at a later date. Thanks for all the pictures though!

DLFB

Rough_Rock
This thread came just in time.

I''m also torn between WG and Palladium. I went to the jeweler last week and told me 14k WG is durable...but deep inside I wanted an 18k. Now, I haven''t seen Palladium in person but it looks promising. I like on how it was mentioned it doesn''t scratch easily. I gave my GF before an 18k WG ring and so far is hasn''t scratched that bad - *the band itself was pretty thin*

How about platinum? Is it a scratch-magnet like WG?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Platinun "patinas." Which means that it scrathches fairly easily. Which is the main reason I didn''t want platinum. (Well, honestly, I couldn''t afford it, but the patina factored in too, LOL). You can see the patina of fine little scrathces on the middle ring in the pictures I posted.

I''m REALLY hard on my rings. My WG was almost completely chewed through on the bottom, LOL. The palladium already has a few teeny scratches, but not nearly as bad as my WG, and I was able to polish them out with the cloth Scott Kay sent along.

Laurel - I think you''re going to love it! I know I do! It''s SO SHINY it''s crazy.

DLFB

Rough_Rock
hmm, I think I might have to see a Palladium ring in person now.

Platinum was my 1st choice, but now you guys mentioned on how it scratches easily, I might have to change my mind.

Personally, I would like to have a heavy ring if I was a woman (lol)...maybe set a lot of stones on a Palladium to make it heavier...but that''s going to cost some more $$$. ouch.

Thanks for the help!
1.gif

ficklefaye

Brilliant_Rock
geckodani, thank you for your helpful photos. i haven''t seen palladium in person either, but it does look awfully shiny.
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results