shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got my new wedding ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding Ring 042.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oooh just lovely! Hey Poptart, were you surprised how your ring was packaged? I thought they would be in ring boxes or something... but all three of our rings came in these funny little envelopes and wrapped in this really light blue-ish gossamer cloth
19.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding Ring 043.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding Ring 035.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I was really surprised Love in Bloom. DH had been laughing at my anticipation all week and when I got the package he was like, "Watch, it will just be the bill and a note that the ring will come later." I glared at him and then when I opened it there was an envelope... with the invoice... and I said, "It isn''t in here!!" Then I saw the little tiny envelope and felt the ring in there and DH finally started laughing at me. We were trying to figure out what the blue stuff was, but we never did figure it out. I was so surprised it didn''t come in a box!

*M*

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry for my raggedy looking nail polish...

Wedding Ring 034.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 6:46:45 AM
Author: poptart
I was really surprised Love in Bloom. DH had been laughing at my anticipation all week and when I got the package he was like, 'Watch, it will just be the bill and a note that the ring will come later.' I glared at him and then when I opened it there was an envelope... with the invoice... and I said, 'It isn't in here!!' Then I saw the little tiny envelope and felt the ring in there and DH finally started laughing at me. We were trying to figure out what the blue stuff was, but we never did figure it out. I was so surprised it didn't come in a box!

*M*
I asked Larry what the blue stuff was and then he started strangely mumbling something about it being made by spiders. I *think* he was kidding...
6.gif
. Haha!

WOw that last pic was a good one. Are your edges milgrained??

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding Ring 040.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 6:48:46 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 6/13/2007 6:46:45 AM

I was really surprised Love in Bloom. DH had been laughing at my anticipation all week and when I got the package he was like, 'Watch, it will just be the bill and a note that the ring will come later.' I glared at him and then when I opened it there was an envelope... with the invoice... and I said, 'It isn't in here!!' Then I saw the little tiny envelope and felt the ring in there and DH finally started laughing at me. We were trying to figure out what the blue stuff was, but we never did figure it out. I was so surprised it didn't come in a box!

*M*

I asked Larry what it was and he started strangely mumbling something about it being made by spiders. I *think* he was kidding...
6.gif
. Haha!

WOw that last pic was a good one. Are your edges milgrained??
Yes, the edges are milgrained. It's SO small though, and so precise! I keep trying to get a good shot of it, but it's just very small.

*M*

ETA: I hope he was joking about the spiders thing... eep!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding Ring 039.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock

Wedding Ring 037.jpg

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Well, that''s all I''ve got for now. I will try to take a few more good pictures this week. Some of you asked for more details about the ring, so here they are. It''s a 4 1/4 tight platinum band. The flowers are dye cut into the band (I don''t exactly know how this process works, but the machines look cool!). It has very very small milgraining on each side that is almost impossible for me to get with the camera. The band is 2mm wide and sits about a full millimeter off of my finger, so it''s got a good weight to it and is quite heavy for such a small ring. And you can''t really see it in the pictures, but the leaves on the ring actually have a little bit of detailing on them, which is really neat. The picture of this ring on their site is in yellow gold with antiquing, but just like Love in Bloom''s ring, mine doesn''t have any antiquing on it, which I really like. And the engagement ring it''s with is a quarter carat diamond in a white gold and platinum solitaire mounting. Well, I think that''s everything! If you have any more questions I will be happy to answer them.

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Do you think you will get your diamond reset into the setting to match your new band in the future??

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Very nice! The details on your ring are amazing!

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 5:38:07 PM
Do you think you will get your diamond reset into the setting to match your new band in the future??
I would love to get an entirely new ring all together, but that won''t happen until a few years down the road, not to mention it might hurt DH''s feelings. Instead, DH was so impressed with the workmanship of this ring that he wants a Van Craeynest as a new wedding ring! The first ones we got were only meant to be temporary anyway, so we are going to look into getting him one at some point in the fairly near future.

*M*

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/13/2007 7:27:44 PM

I would love to get an entirely new ring all together, but that won''t happen until a few years down the road, not to mention it might hurt DH''s feelings. Instead, DH was so impressed with the workmanship of this ring that he wants a Van Craeynest as a new wedding ring! The first ones we got were only meant to be temporary anyway, so we are going to look into getting him one at some point in the fairly near future.

*M*
And to think your DH laughed a little when you were so excited about your new band...hehehe. My fiance was awe struck when I presented him with his wedding band from them (he had no idea I got it for him).That is so great that your DH appreciates the work that went into your ring! I like the idea of having rings from the same company, even if they don''t technically match.
1.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE these rings! Where can I see them online with pricing ? I would love a band just to wear on it''s own.

Congratulations poptart. You and LoveinBloom have started something (at least in my head!)

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hey Angeline. I know aren't they just dreamy
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. Your best bet is to call Van Craeynest directly; I don't think they have a huge online presence as far as pricing is concerned (believe me, I have spent many hours looking
20.gif
). Their contact info is on the company website: Click here for the website . You may be able to work with them directly if there are no reatailers in your area.

There are more pics at Micky Roof, though: Click here for better pictures .
Hope that helps ya!

LinB
2.gif

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/15/2007 5:25:34 PM
Author: angeline
I LOVE these rings! Where can I see them online with pricing ? I would love a band just to wear on it''s own.

Congratulations poptart. You and LoveinBloom have started something (at least in my head!)

a

It is very easy to work with them over the phone, if they don''t have anything in your area. Larry is very nice and even though we are on completely opposite coasts we didn''t have one problem. If you decide to get one, let us know! I love these bands!

*M*

angeline

Ideal_Rock
They are so cool! I just read their ''History'' link on their website. I love that they are keeping old methods alive by passing them down even if they have no current use for them. shows an appreciation of the art of jewelry making way above and beyond making a buck.

I rang Mickey Roof yesterday about a couple of the bands. They''re a little out of my range for just a band to wear as I''m working on my upgrade at the moment. But one is definitely in my future.
30.gif
18.gif
30.gif

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Angeline, I would suggest calling VC directly; I think they will give you the best pricing. There was another PSer...Latetiamurray I think. She rang VC and they quoted her a bangle ring for $1000 (I'm not sure what metal). I think she arranged to have them send her a sample to try on too...

Just my suggestion. Poptart is right about them being easy to work with. I'd call them next week to get an idea on better pricing. They are in San Francisco, in case you have a time difference.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Oh I''m in San Jose! just down the road... I''ve never been an antique-y kind of person but something about these is just so appealing.

By the way LiB, I laughed so hard about the eugoogly-izer! I typed out this long reply but darn computer froze up.

I might have to go try some on. I''m upgrading and will need a new setting!

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
OMG angeline! I'll bet if you have the time and ask nicely, VC will let you visit their workshop
4.gif
. Fi and I were planning to visit San Francisco anyway for a short honeymoon to see the redwoods and to visit some college friends in Livermore....since we will already be there we totally want to see how the rings are made. I'm so jealous you are so close!

Lol, ack! The plague of the literally LONG lost post
14.gif
. I had fogotten about that thread. I think I'll go back and read it; I sound like I was on drugs or something (but no, that is how I get when I'm at work late at night and I don't want to be there!).

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
I second you talking to them directly. After talking to Larry he was able to lower the price of the ring for me, which I thought was very nice of him. He gave me an original quote, and then lowered it to the final price the second time talked with him.

*M*

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I just re-read your thread poptart about deciding on your ring. That was really nice of him to lower the price. I just emailed them to find out where some retail stores might be that I can try some on. Love going jewlery shopping!

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn't be suprised if you don't hear back from them through email...I think Larry avoids their computer like the plague! When I did finally get a response through email, it said to call or email my phone number for them to call me back!
20.gif

I was extremely frustrated with them at first, but it all worked out when I realized they like the phones better, hehe.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
poptart, that''s such a lovely ring! I love the antiquey style and the detail on the floral work is incredible! Wear it in good health and dont lose it!
28.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 5:44:03 PM
I wouldn''t be suprised if you don''t hear back from them through email...I think Larry avoids their computer like the plague! When I did finally get a response through email, it said to call or email my phone number for them to call me back!
20.gif

I was extremely frustrated with them at first, but it all worked out when I realized they like the phones better, hehe.

Thanks for the heads-up. I''ll call them first thing Monday.

a

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2007 5:50:21 PM
Author: surfgirl
poptart, that''s such a lovely ring! I love the antiquey style and the detail on the floral work is incredible! Wear it in good health and dont lose it!
28.gif
Thanks! I won''t lose this one, for sure! I had to wear my original ring on a different finger because it didn''t fit right... it was dumb of me, since it didn''t fit correctly on any fingers.

*M*

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poptart, your ring is so beautiful!!! I know you''ll enjoy it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results