shape
carat
color
clarity

New Life for a Pear & Trillion E-Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
Ohhh maaaaaan.....bless that Bunny! she does have exquisite taste! (she''s your DD!)...but really
she''s not a diamond blingy girl like we are!
just adding .11...means 2 whole carats of diamonds and
why is it that it sounds so much better to me if people ask
(and they will!) to say that
than 1.89????!!!!!

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
well, i asked Pete what he thought about adding the 2 extra diamonds....

Pete Tain
to me

Too crowded.

---
and i bow to his artistic professional eye......GAH! LOL

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
Awwww i really like Pete Tain...he''s so nice! this is what he said back

"As much as I would love to sell you more diamonds, less is better in this setting. The attention you’re getting for the three main stones are there and we have that balance from the two rounds. Please remember that we can always add later."

now that''s someone with integrity!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Well then, case settled! I would totally trust Pete''s opinion.

AND, honestly, the more I thought about it (and I have been thinking about little else!!!
1.gif
) the more I was leaning towards the original Quest rendering after all! So, it looks like Bunny, Pete and I are all on the same page. You there, too???!
2.gif

And honestly, my dear, it''s ALMOST 2 carats of bling.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
So what if it doesn''t quite hit the 2c mark... I really don''t think people are gonna be asking you the ctw, are they??? And even if they DO, so what?!! There is NOTHING chopped liver about 1.89 ctw!!! Especially if it more carat weight means compromising the beauty and the modern simplicity of the killer, custom design!!!

I know your motto is "GBOGH" (Go Big or Go Home!!!!
31.gif
) but sometimes... dare I say it... [gasp!!!] LESS CAN BE MORE!!!
12.gif
12.gif
12.gif

Love you, babeee!

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
OK!OK! i''m sold! ....[grins]...which is a good thing cause i''m all in....
i really do LOVE the design...i love how the bezels bump outside the band
it''s modern...but also classic...

so what do you think of the designs PS''ers!?? you guys are the experts..
the bezels are not going to be THAT thick...anything else you suggest?

or should i just give the happy go ahead!!?

RHRGJTop1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
My vote:
Give it the happy go-ahead!
It''s perfect!!!
36.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve worked with Pete also, he''s great.

So I love the ring but I''m thinking tapered a weee bit at the bottom. I love a fat ring but that''s going to be really fat at the bottom and unless you are the lucky one that does not swell in the heat it might not be comfortable year round. Something to consider.

Its a great project!

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
cnspotts you were spot on! here''s the new rendering with the tapered back!!!

AND.......... [trembles with excitement]

i''ve upped the size of the 2 rounds to .25 and .18
so that the TCW for the ring will be 2 carats!!!!!!!!

why didn''t i think of that!?? rather than adding 2 more stones..just make the 2 rounds LARGER!

(this is where i admit i am a little OCD and the thought of having the ring ALMOST 2tcw but not quite
was killing me! just like if i had gotten the less expensive white gold rather than the platinum....
i mean, i LOVE WG.. and i have MANY WG pieces! but this ring i really wanted to go first class and
i think if i hadn''t just manned up i would hate the ring because it would taunt me for not being platinum

ok..how crazy do i sound? am i the only one who thinks like this? :LOL
37.gif

CeltyTaperedThrough2.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 3:25:05 PM
Author: Celtgrrl
cnspotts you were spot on! here''s the new rendering with the tapered back!!!

AND.......... [trembles with excitement]

i''ve upped the size of the 2 rounds to .25 and .18
so that the TCW for the ring will be 2 carats!!!!!!!!

why didn''t i think of that!?? rather than adding 2 more stones..just make the 2 rounds LARGER!

(this is where i admit i am a little OCD and the thought of having the ring ALMOST 2tcw but not quite
was killing me! just like if i had gotten the less expensive white gold rather than the platinum....
i mean, i LOVE WG.. and i have MANY WG pieces! but this ring i really wanted to go first class and
i think if i hadn''t just manned up i would hate the ring because it would taunt me for not being platinum

ok..how crazy do i sound? am i the only one who thinks like this? :LOL
37.gif
Well, the acorn didn''t fall far from the tree HERE, that''s for sure!!! You''re as (diamond) NUTTY as I am!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

What a great idea, two larger rounds!!! Who thought of it, Pete? [*slapping forehead thinking, "Why didn''t I think of that???!*] Well, getting to 2 ctw was important to you, and you have achieved that! YAY!
36.gif

And a great side benefit will be that the .25 will be plenty big enough (no longer considered melee over .20, I believe) to REALLY hold its own in all of its ideal-cut H&A glory, and you should even be able to easily see arrows (with your glasses on, of course!
2.gif
) Woo Hoo!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

This is all veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrry exciting!!!
36.gif

Good job!
16.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Cool design you got there.

If you don''t mind me throwing in my two cents, is there a way you can get the diamonds to sit flush with the band? Would that make the band too thick? I really liked the mock up you had at first, where they looked like they were embedded in the band, like the Tiffany Etoile rings. I know that the pear is going to be somewhere around 3.5mm in depth, and with the crown sticking out a little, a band that''s about 2.5-3mm tall doesn''t sound too bad to me, especially for a thick modern band. You could bezel whatever needs to be protected along the edges of the ring. As long as it can work structurally, I think that would make for a smoother band that is sleek and modern, instead of clunky or like a recycling project. Bezels so close together can also hide a lot of dirt in between them.

Like the others have mentioned already, I''m sure the bezels will be much more graceful looking once the ring is cast and polished, if you do go the bezel route. Good luck on your fun project!
1.gif

pwendyp

Shiny_Rock
hi there celtgrrl
35.gif

I absolutely love this design...but I love all things bezel!

It reminds of a ring I fell in love with a little while ago - that has some elements of your design, ie:- the 'bumped' diamonds.

In this ring, which is what drew me to it, there are some little melee set into the side profile of the band - so cool...(follow the link to see them better)

And these are all gypsy set on the top, so all in all it's slightly different - but I'm loving yours, the pear and trillions are fantastic together!

Well done on a great modern but classic design...it's gonna be good!

KarinaMattei

1.gif

BandWithBump.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, pwendyp, that ring is exactly what I had in mind! Thanks for the picture.

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
thanks onvacation for your input...and i admit you gave me a momentary pause and brought up some great points! but i love the design and Pete assures me that it won''t be a bit "clunky or like a recycling project" IRL. besides, i *have* to set the stones up higher because my pear in particular is very deep and thick and couldn''t be flush even if i wanted that. but i DO love those Tiffany Etoile rings and i have one like that (and earrings and a bangle!) but for these stones i''m hungering for raised bezels
36.gif

Design Inspiration:

pwendyp... i''m a bezel nut, too! and i love that karina design!...my auntie LynnB and i made a pilgrimage to Tiffany because i just HAD to have one of those Tiffany keys!...and in a private showing room where we were given champagne (it was SO much fun!) i tried on the princess bezet Tiffany ring (only $29,00! - see attached blurry pic) and though i''ve loved bezels forEVER! this was just to DIE for....so when i was thinking of what kind of ring to design i thought of a platinum stream with bezel bubbles floating on top randomly arranged just right!
i think i''m gonna get it, too! OMG i can''t wait!!!

TiffanyCollageKeyBezet.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Ooooh, GREAT collage! That WAS a fun day!!! *hic!*
2.gif

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
hi sweetie! loves you! yeah...it was a GREAT day and that''s why you know have a covert LONGING for a Bezet ring!!!! hee hee! talk about the koolaid!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Celtgrrl! I spy with my little eye the absolutely gorgeous finished result in your avatar!!!
30.gif
Unless I completely missed it... what I do NOT see is any more pics of this beauty! Spill!
9.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/29/2009 10:30:08 AM
Author: geckodani
Celtgrrl! I spy with my little eye the absolutely gorgeous finished result in your avatar!!!
30.gif
Unless I completely missed it... what I do NOT see is any more pics of this beauty! Spill!
9.gif
Yes, I''ve been wondering where the pictures are myself!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Not to speak for my lovely niece, but she''s just been crazy busy and I think she hasn''t had a chance to give this thread what she feels is the proper attention with lots of narrative and pics. Hopefully she will soon.

BUT, I will say THIS! I have seen the finished ring and it is GORGEOUS! Quest did an outstanding job; the workmanship is impeccible, and the ring is a work of ART!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the CAD and the avetar so can''t WAIT to see the actual pictures!!!!

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
I do apologize! I am disgracefully late with this...mea culpa i''m a teacher and well, the start of the school year combined with a presentation at a national librarians conference has made me IN-SANE! LOL

now...lame excuses aside...here''s the ring!

Quest_Ring_1.jpg

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous, Celtgrrl!! That ring definetely came together!! I love the look! So unique and cool!!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
I took the opportunity whilst Pete had it to have Yantz Bradbury Assoc. Appraise it as Set:
Here are the Stats:
Main Stone: 1.02 Carat Pear Length 8.6mm Width 6mm Depth 3.16mm
Clarity: VS1
Colour: E
Fluorescence: Faint

2 Trillions
Estimated combined weight: .40
Clarity: VS1-VS2
Ave. Colour E-F
Fluorescence: 1 Strong Blue, 1 inert (is that bad?)

Round Ideal Diamond (larger on Left)
Weight: 0.27
Diameter 4.2mm Depth 2.5mm
Clarity: VS1
Colour: G
Fluorescence: NONE

Round Ideal Diamond (smaller on Right)
Weight: 0.20
Diameter 3.7mm Depth 2.4mm
Clarity: SI1
Colour: G
Fluorescence: NONE

Metal: Platinum
Finish: High Polish
Weight: 21.8 grams - gemstones included! (IT's HEAVY!!!!!!! but i <3 it!!)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
That''s really cool looking! What a great recycling project!

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much Luckyeshe and Kelli!!!!! i feel SO happy i turned beautiful but unused diamonds from a failed first marriage now living a new life - celebrating life...on my RIGHT hand! LOL

Here are some more pics!

And thanks everyone (esp. my beloved PATIENT sweetie pie Auntie Lynn!) I am SO lucky for unconditional love!

ModernRightPlatCollage1.jpg

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
Some more pics...making up for my past transgressions. I''m not really good at the closeups though. Gah!

QuestRingonHand1.jpg

Celtgrrl

Rough_Rock
and here...

Quest_Ring_Beaut.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a completely unique ring!! How many people are always looking for ways to recycle their old wedding sets? This thread should be linked to all of them!

It looks superb and blingy - enjoy!! (Now you''ll have to keep Auntie Lynn from borrowing it all the time!)

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and unique ring! I love all things bezel
36.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
I like seeing CAD diagrams and the final product.
Its very interesting.
I have to try to contact Quest.
I am interested in custom making a man''s ring....

nellen

Rough_Rock
Celtgrrl, your ring is absolutely gorgeous: I got shivers everywhere when I saw the finished ring! I usually don''t like bezel settings but the bezel settings in your ring look so modern, unique and blingy
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results