shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP ME PICK ONE!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
NO WAY NAN...I'm SURE you'd kick my a**!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/11/2004 4:44:14 PM moremoremore wrote:

NO WAY NAN...I'm SURE you'd kick my a**!!!----------------

Naaa, I'll let you slide.
By the way, like I've said- Mi Casa, Su Casa.

Come on down. the door's open

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
This does it--I am upgrading to the 2+ ct so I can take your eyeball out in one fell swoop............
6.gif
14.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
ROFL

You guys are killing me
wacko.gif

icelady

Brilliant_Rock
What a bunch of nut cases!!
wacko.gif

I love you guys!
9.gif

Frickin' F vote for me! But you know you gotta see 'em side by side to know for sure.

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
Ummmmm.... Pick the one that's EYE CLEAN!

Hardy har har.

You know... You're starting to remind me of Seinfeld & Co.'s "undatable" episode. Dunno if you're a fan, but those guys were always finding the most minute ridiculous things wrong with the person they were dating, which always led to the demise of the relationship... your comment on the "funky areas of contrast" made me think of it
3.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL Q....Hmmm, am I a Seinfeld fan? LOL... I don't know who knows more Seinfeld...me or Nan. I think Nan....But I'm a close second...I got the box set for my birthday!

I do agree with you to a certain extent. I'm nutty as a fruit cake. BUT princess stones are so much diff than rounds which I think all kinda look the same if you get a good H&A...with princess stones, you can get weird dark areas...each one is different..so picking one is hard!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Pick the Round Brilliant!
11.gif

I have nothing to add as I really don't know anything but RB(Do they cut diamonds in other shapes?)......

BUT - don't fret the numbers/specs - see them in person - one will speak to you more than the other. Trust your initial gut. Good luck.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you can't convert me!
1.gif
I don't like rounds ... they are ugly....LOL....I'm gonna get SLAMMED for that
1.gif
j/k

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
MMM, I'd save your money--you're gonna need it for a glass eyeball and a new nose, not a diamond.
14.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
you're just a traitor anyway...
rodent.gif

It's funny b/c it's usually the princess cut that gets slammed...and not the other shapes...oval, cushion, marquise, pear...I wonder why...

Like on the Drool bucket thread...the princess is just a "second stringer"...but it looks like a lot are still being sold... It's funny b/c if you look at the superbcert stones, you'll see tons of thriple VH princess cuts. So why the bad rap?
read.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/12/2004 11:17:11 AM Jennifer5973 wrote:

MMM, I'd save your money--you're gonna need it for a glass eyeball and a new nose, not a diamond.
14.gif
----------------

No, we should just pat her on the head knowing that "she don't know no better".
wink2.gif
11.gif
9.gif

I don't think princess cuts get a bad rap. I'm a traditionalist. I do think PC are a very popular shape right now. I just don't know if they will stand the test of time. I became engaged in the "Marquise" era.
6.gif
I did see a stunning PC at Costco, really dynamic. I went today to visit. It's gone.

Edited to add: to each his own. I just don't have the burning desire to learn about them as I'm not in the market. And, my mushy brain can't handle information overload.
9.gif

..Anxious to hear about the taste test - so to speak.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Well, Jennifer is a big traitor...she's going for the RB now
1.gif

I do think the princess is always dissed...I think that the princess is pretty classic tho...the trick is you gotta get a good one I guess...I think researcher's scored triple VH

Hey why were you visiting the PC? Are you coming to the dark side now...or did you just need ten pounds of rice or something...
1.gif
I really need some crystal light

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/12/2004 11:22:10 AM moremoremore wrote:

Like on the Drool bucket thread...the princess is just a 'second stringer'...but it looks like a lot are still being sold... It's funny b/c if you look at the superbcert stones, you'll see tons of thriple VH princess cuts. So why the bad rap?
read.gif
----------------

Well there is no crime in liking second string.
As for the 3 vh try em on the round b-scope scale.
3vh princess is not the same performance as a 3vh on the round scale.
If I recall right the best princess is lucky to get 3H on the round scale.
They had to make a b-scope scale just for them so they wouldnt look real bad :razz:

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
bite me strmrdr.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/12/2004 3:37:11 PM moremoremore wrote:

bite me strmrdr. ----------------

Sorry but my wifey2b says I can only bite her :}

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...yes, I re-think that post. You should BE so lucky
naughty.gif

quaeritur

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 8/12/2004 7:29:57 AM moremoremore wrote:

LOL Q....Hmmm, am I a Seinfeld fan? LOL... I don't know who knows more Seinfeld...me or Nan. I think Nan....But I'm a close second...I got the box set for my birthday!

I do agree with you to a certain extent. I'm nutty as a fruit cake. BUT princess stones are so much diff than rounds which I think all kinda look the same if you get a good H&A...with princess stones, you can get weird dark areas...each one is different..so picking one is hard!

----------------

Oh, I'm just teasin'!
2.gif
After all, I think I was just as picky about my RB. I agree with you thought that PCs are much harder than RBs because they look so different one from another (well, so do RBs, when you get to know them, but I know what you mean, it's not as dramatic). I have PC earrings (teeny ones) and they look really different from one another. And of course inclusions are much easier to spot.

And by the way, I agree that you should go see them in person. You'll know which one you want when you do!!!
21.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 8/12/2004 3:22:29 PM moremoremore wrote:

Hey why were you visiting the PC? Are you coming to the dark side now...or did you just need ten pounds of rice or something...
1.gif
I really need some crystal light ----------------

Nah, just needed the ten pounds of rice. Yes, I do buy the 10 lb bag of Basmanti Rice! It's the best & I split it with a friend. Ya never know what you'll find at the Costco - even a PC that, in passing, you enjoy visiting. I think I was attracted to it because it was rather square & very bright.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Need to comment on my traitor status....
2.gif

Wanna know the truth? I am just exhausted of the diamond stuff...yes, even I am susceptible to pooping out...the stress of worrying about depth, table, crown, HCA, flourescence, no flourescence, Egl--no GIA--scopes, images...
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
errrr.gif
...and all this on stones--RBs--with well-defined criteria for quality! The thought of looking for a princess or-- God forbid--sending my DH out to find one in 2 years is just maddening.

MMM, I bow down to your princess (wherever it is, whenever it arrives)
5.gif
, as I don't have what it takes. The RB situation is just about killing me.
14.gif

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stormy, sell me a couple of second row seats, I don't want to be in the front row when they all turn on YOU!

LOL.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Wink - do you have any input for me on the stones? I'd love to hear it...I haven't spoken to J yet..I think these are nice stones...not AMAZING stones...so I'll buy if the supplier can give me a break in price b/c of the recent increase.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My advice would be to talk to Jon and ask him which stone he prefers and why. He can see them and can give you the benefit of his experiance. Numbers just do not tell the whole story with fancies, you really need to see them or be dealing with someone you trust to see them for you. Jonathon certainly has earned your trust and you have but to call him to use it.

Wink

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Wink...I emailed him on wednesday...haven't heard yet...
sad.gif
Hint hint J
1.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My sincerest apologies for not responding sooner. Today and tomorrow WE ARE MOVING BACK INTO OUR NEW STORE!!!
1.gif
It's just about completed and all the finishing touches will be done early next week. We are so excited. Also my apologies to anyone who's email has been slightly delayed due to our move/construction. I've been working hard to get everything done as quickly as I can. Thank God it'll all be finished next week.
1.gif

Here is a picture of the 2 side by side I took this morning in natural diffuse daylight.

heleneprincess01.jpg

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here they are with a lil flash in the same light conditions.
1.gif
Should I say which one is which?

heleneprincess02.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I know I know!!! Well, is the second shot a new shot? They look different. Better! Whew.
1.gif
The G is on the right...maybe looks a little warmer? I like the whiteness of the G tho.
1.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
J- I emailed you! Can I come tomorrow??? 12:30 - 1:00 ish or are you guys movin' on up ! Why does the G look bigger?

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
I'm surprised at how easily you can see the color difference between the F and the G... and at how easy it is to see the size difference, too! Can't tell which is higher clarity though
1.gif

MelanieC

Shiny_Rock
Wow- those really do look totally different. Not sure which one I like better. That's a touch decision. Great pictures Jonathon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results