shape
carat
color
clarity

Back to Daniel K, did i finally find my upgrade???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
mrssalvo - personally, I''d rather wait and have the whole ring remade knowing that it was made in the right size to begin with. I mean, with all that pave, I would be nervous if they had to size it down significantly, y''know?

BTW, the end of the pregnancy does go by quickly when you have other little ones to chase after. We have a little girl and then a boy (who''s now 9 months) and I barely remember being pregnant with him!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks for digging up that old quote Jeff. too funny but very true....

cutey- i agree with you on the re-make. I will push for it if I can but ultimately it will be up to the benchguys at daniel k. my girls are 19 months apart so i can totally relate to hardly remembering that 2nd pregnancy. this one definitely will be more memorable but I do suspect the next few weeks will still pass by quickly...at least I hope so...

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Mrssalvo...........................I love your new ring. Please tell me about the center stone... I am love with Cushions!! The long wait was defintely worth your wait. I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! You have been so patient and waited on what your really wanted. What do you wear currently? Is it your solitare with a plain band? I can''t remember!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 3:26:08 PM
Author: woobug02
Mrssalvo...........................I love your new ring. Please tell me about the center stone... I am love with Cushions!! The long wait was defintely worth your wait. I am sooooooooooooooooooo happy for you!!! You have been so patient and waited on what your really wanted. What do you wear currently? Is it your solitare with a plain band? I can''t remember!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

hi woo,
thanks for chiming in. pearlmans did send me the cert on my stone so I can post those numbers for you. The daniel k cushions are considered modern cushions and I totally LOVE them. they are inbetween the antique cushion (which I adore too) like boston jeff''s and the more crushed ice look that some cushions will take on. Bill emailed me when he got the ring that he thought I''d love the stone and he was 1000% right. I fell in love the moment i opened the box. it was well worth the forever wait. I currently wear just a plain 5mm band so when my ring finally makes it back from getting sized i''m going to be in bling heaven.

cushion brilliant : 7.8 x 6.72 x 4.52
weight: 1.67
color : G
clarity; SI2
depth: 67.3
table: 54%
girdle: thin-med
culet: med.
polish: ex
sym: ex
fluor. none

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Did I read correctly, MrsS. Daniel K is going to be able to size down the actual ring you tried on? No re-make of the setting? If that''s the case, you should have the ring much sooner!!
36.gif

You''ve been super patient waiting for the final design to surface, you shouldn''t have to wait much longer.
36.gif
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/26/2008 6:49:43 PM
Author: isaku5
Did I read correctly, MrsS. Daniel K is going to be able to size down the actual ring you tried on? No re-make of the setting? If that''s the case, you should have the ring much sooner!!
36.gif

You''ve been super patient waiting for the final design to surface, you shouldn''t have to wait much longer.
36.gif
35.gif

Hi Isabel,
No, I still don''t know for sure if DK is going to re-make or re-size. Pearlmans just shipped it to them late last week and i haven''t heard yet what the final decision is. I''ll be sure to update though once I hear something one way or the other.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
BIG UPDATE!!!

so, i just got off the phone with Bill and as most of us guess DK will not even attempt to size the ring down. So, it''s going to be a remake which will take approx. 5 weeks...imagine the timing of that
37.gif
. I''m actually totally ok with that b/c I really do feel so much better having the ring made from scratch in my size.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH NO, you have to wait 5 weeks???? I hope the time goes by fast for you. On the other hand, you will have a brand new ring made especially for you
30.gif
Can''t wait to see MORE hand shots Mrs. S.

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:42:03 PM
Author: Linda W
OH NO, you have to wait 5 weeks???? I hope the time goes by fast for you. On the other hand, you will have a brand new ring made especially for you
30.gif
Can''t wait to see MORE hand shots Mrs. S.

Linda

hi linda,

well, it''s not really that bad. my baby is due in about 5 weeks so i''ve got plenty of other things to occupy my time. And, i was going to wait to celebrate the rings arrival on a fancy date with hubby post-baby so i could enjoy an adult beverage..
martini.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:39:09 PM
Author: mrssalvo
BIG UPDATE!!!

so, i just got off the phone with Bill and as most of us guess DK will not even attempt to size the ring down. So, it''s going to be a remake which will take approx. 5 weeks...imagine the timing of that
37.gif
. I''m actually totally ok with that b/c I really do feel so much better having the ring made from scratch in my size.
Me too.

It will be WELL worth the wait. Yay!
36.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL, well you certainly do have things to keep you busy. Can''t wait to see pictures of your precious soon to be newborn too. Love new babies. Wish my two grandsons were little again. They grow so fast.

Linda

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:47:09 PM
Author: Ellen

36.gif

it will for sure!! and i''ve got you all to help me pass the time too
drinkingbuddies.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:49:22 PM

36.gif

it will for sure!! and i've got you all to help me pass the time too
drinkingbuddies.gif
I assume your bottle is apple juice, right?
11.gif
I'll drink your beers, til you can.
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:52:10 PM
Date: 2/27/2008 2:49:22 PM

36.gif

it will for sure!! and i''ve got you all to help me pass the time too
drinkingbuddies.gif
11.gif
I''ll drink your beers, til you can.
9.gif

umm..yeah...apple juice
27.gif
9.gif
..i''d be happy to share until post-baby and them i''m making up for 9 months lost time..

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2008 2:54:44 PM

Date: 2/27/2008 2:52:10 PM
11.gif
I'll drink your beers, til you can.
9.gif

umm..yeah...apple juice
27.gif
9.gif
..i'd be happy to share until post-baby and them i'm making up for 9 months lost time..
yikes2.gif
lol.gif

IheartDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi Mrssalvo,

Congrats on ring and baby! I''m trying to get up to speed on everyones rings (since I''m new) and I was curious about yours...

I assume your fingers didn''t get swallon with the pregnancy? I remember I was able to wear all my rings all the way up to my 8th month and then it took like 5-6 months after the pregnancy for my fingers to be back to normal... So weird.

I can''t wait to see your ring, I''m waiting on my cushion as well... To get a new baby and a new diamond ring at the same time?! I think my head would explode with all the joy
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2008 2:31:01 PM
Author: IheartDiamonds
Hi Mrssalvo,

Congrats on ring and baby! I''m trying to get up to speed on everyones rings (since I''m new) and I was curious about yours...

I assume your fingers didn''t get swallon with the pregnancy? I remember I was able to wear all my rings all the way up to my 8th month and then it took like 5-6 months after the pregnancy for my fingers to be back to normal... So weird.

I can''t wait to see your ring, I''m waiting on my cushion as well... To get a new baby and a new diamond ring at the same time?! I think my head would explode with all the joy
9.gif

Hi Iheartdiamonds...I LOVE your cushion too and cannot wait to see it all done!! it''s nice having another cushion lover here on PS too.

my fingers did not swell during any of my pregnancies. this one is actually number 3 so i feel very comfortable going ahead and having the ring remade in my usual size. swelling is very common though, i think i''m the one that''s weird. I am so excited about both the ring and the baby. the waiting for both of them is killing me
32.gif

ajl

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is beautiful. (I recently realized that I love cushions.)

Liberty Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Trade
Wow, what a ring!!!

Knowing DK personally and having the opportunity to sell his fine cushion cuts, you are a really lucky lady. He is one of the few diamond cutters who actually specializes in the Ideal Cushion cut with EX EX for polish and symmetry on the GIA cert. I admit I am a huge Cushion fan, especially when cut properly like DK''s. My brother and pretty much all my friends who have gotten engaged recently sports an XX cushion!!!

Congrats!!!!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Five weeks is almost over....Which will arrive first, the baby or the ring???
36.gif

It''s a win, win situation no matter what happens!
35.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Awww yeah I was just thinking about this ring!! Humm ring or baby.... which one are you more excited about MrsS.??? LOL

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liberty Diamonds- thanks for chiming in. believe me, I know what an incredible cushion and ring I've got. welcome to pricescope
35.gif

Isabel-believe me, i've got my calander marked on the five weeks. hopefully things are going as scheduled. I got an email from Bill last week that it should be done soon but i don't know if he'd got an update from them or just remembered the timeline. you are right, win/win...could be a big week for me. speaking of DK...did you see this ring?

http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-specials/closeout-jewelry/rings/246CO1/0/

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 10:07:00 PM
Author: LegacyGirl
Awww yeah I was just thinking about this ring!! Humm ring or baby.... which one are you more excited about MrsS.??? LOL

ha, can i say both
9.gif
i actually had a dream that the ring came while I was in the hospital and hubby brought it there to give to me
41.gif
i need help methinks..
37.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 10:09:25 PM

ha, can i say both
9.gif
i actually had a dream that the ring came while I was in the hospital and hubby brought it there to give to me
41.gif
i need help methinks..
37.gif
That would definitely be a MasterCard moment - priceless! As long as your hubby doesn''t pull out the ring while you''re in labour
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 10:22:07 PM

ha, can i say both
9.gif
41.gif
i need help methinks..
37.gif
That would definitely be a MasterCard moment - priceless! As long as your hubby doesn''t pull out the ring while you''re in labour
31.gif

ha..we''ll that would definitely be one way to get me to focus on one thing..lol...

p.s. i edited my post above to add a link to the DK baguette halo ring...have you see it yet
31.gif
11.gif
2.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh that''s so sweet MrsS.!!!! I hope you get both of them soon and everything goes well in their deliveries!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/31/2008 10:27:35 PM

Date: 3/31/2008 10:22:07 PM

ha, can i say both
9.gif
41.gif
i need help methinks..
37.gif
31.gif

ha..we''ll that would definitely be one way to get me to focus on one thing..lol...

p.s. i edited my post above to add a link to the DK baguette halo ring...have you see it yet
31.gif
11.gif
2.gif
Thanks, MrsS. I definitely followed the link you provided, and my jaw fell to the floor. That is my dream ring from many moons ago
30.gif
. At an excellent price, I might add. Alas, not for me, unfortunately.
8.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT WHERE IS IT????????
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif
33.gif
2.gif
25.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 4:54:05 PM
Author: decodelighted
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif
33.gif
2.gif
25.gif

hi deco...weeeeeeelll, it''s still at DK
39.gif
It was actually complete and sent to Pearlmans but when they got it DK left off the stamp so it had to go back to DK. Pearlmans said they are expecting it any day.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/13/2008 5:20:01 PM

Date: 5/13/2008 4:54:05 PM
Author: decodelighted
9.gif
31.gif
11.gif
27.gif
33.gif
2.gif
25.gif

hi deco...weeeeeeelll, it''s still at DK
39.gif
It was actually complete and sent to Pearlmans but when they got it DK left off the stamp so it had to go back to DK. Pearlmans said they are expecting it any day.
6.gif
Aw man, I got all excited. I''m sorry!
39.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results