shape
carat
color
clarity

Advice on this oval stone.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Fantastic! Congrats! Now, please tell us what setting you chose (I am glad you both like it!). Pics would be GREAT - please post!

SKR

Shiny_Rock
I have been taking pictures but unfortunately my poor photography skills, rubbish camera and poor night lighting have combined to produce the following pictures. None of them unfortunately convey the sheer bling of this stone - it shines like crazy.

Ring-A.jpg

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Another one.

Ring-B.jpg

SKR

Shiny_Rock
The last -

Ring-C.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OHMIGOD.................holy moly. Congrats!!!
30.gif

cheers--Sharon

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh SKR, no fears, I think we get the "picture"!
30.gif

36.gif

I really am SO happy you found a stone you loved, you certainly deserved it, with all the time and effort you put in. Congrats, and may she wear it in good health!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
WOWWWWWW!
30.gif
30.gif
That is the perfect setting for an oval of that size.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy freaking hell that oval split shank is GORGEOUS!
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
IT''S GORGEOUS!!!! WOW, WOW WOW!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Amazing!!!

That''s a stunning oval - and the setting looks just perfect for it.
30.gif

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all for the comments - it provides lots of needed reassurance. When I started I didnt know much about diamonds (apart from seeing my wife wearing them) but this forum gave me the ammunition to make an educated choice.

The micro paving on the setting goes all the way round the ring and on the prongs etc as well. It was a nerve racking race to the finish line but the jeweller was fantastic and finished it just in the nick of time and did a good job as well. We even took it back to the appraiser to get the setting checked out and it was given the thumbs up.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t often come back to a ring, but seriously, it''s stunning. You did good!

And, now that you''ve learned so much, what''s next?
9.gif

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Nothing of this value unfortunately for now - I cant afford it. However in a couple of years it will be 20 years since we first met ( I was 18 at the time) - I am going to plan ahead for that as you simply cannot rush it. I am thinking 3ct round or asscher but for now my bank manager has abused me enough.....
9.gif

Also, apart from the jeweller, special thanks to Traci at Whiteflash. Although I didnt end up buying from her, she is one special lady and put up with a lot from me. They will be my first port of call if there is a next time.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/9/2006 7:16:46 PM
Author: SKR
Nothing of this value unfortunately for now - I cant afford it. However in a couple of years it will be 20 years since we first met ( I was 18 at the time) - I am going to plan ahead for that as you simply cannot rush it. I am thinking 3ct round or asscher but for now my bank manager has abused me enough.....
9.gif
She already has a round, there's no choice here, Asscher!!

Besides, I want one, I can live vicariously through yours.
9.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Man, that is one of the most magnificant rings I have ever seen. LOVE LOVE LOVE that setting!

One of my PS favorites. Enjoy
3.gif
30.gif
31.gif

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
I forgot to ask, MORE pictures please. Hand Shots!!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!! You must have shocked her silly with that ring! It''s really gorgeous-please more pics
30.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MI GOD!! That is one stunning ring!! I LOOOVEEE the whiteness of the stone and the micro-paving - just enough sparkle so as not to overwhelm the centre stone, very classy indeed !!
1.gif
DROOOOOLLLLLL!!
3.gif

Congrats to both of you!!
36.gif

More pics pls, and some hand shots too, yay !!!!
36.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful!!
30.gif
I actually like it better than the first halo setting -- which I adored and couldn''t believe you were not getting!

I do hope you come back and post hand shots and side shots
30.gif

SKR

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the kind comments. I will try and post some more pics later.

Regarding the setting, I didnt like the halo at all in the pictures but when we saw it in the flesh my wife was nearly converted - it was genuinely stunning and beautifully made. The jeweller obviously wanted her to buy the ring as is but once her senses came back to her (she was expecting a much smaller stone) she asked to see other settings. After showing her a few and getting an idea of what she wanted he pulled out the split shank from his workshop which was 80% finished. He had another oval of similar size which he placed on the mounting to show my wife what it would look like. She was hooked and the deal was done.

The halo setting was quite expensive. The split shank was less but still not cheap (unfortunately!).

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Wow!!! That ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!! A gorgeous stone+split shank setting=PERFECT!!!!
30.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Wow SKR, beuatiful ring. I love the halo, but that split shank has got me thinking. I too would love to see what it looks like on your wifes lucky hand!

kathleen

Rough_Rock
Me too!! I want more pictures!! Can you send one from the side? I''d love to see the pave on the prongs. I''m soooo envious!!
21.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is quite the stunning ring and your wife is lucky. I happened to love the halo but it is only a matter of opinion but I love what your wife chose so it really is immaterial in the end! Gorgeous choice!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks perfect to me!
36.gif

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wooooooooooooooooooow
6.gif

it''s so beautiful
30.gif
30.gif

so please let us know what your wife says when she saw this beautiful ring at first time?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results