carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood66|1487636352|4131433 said:
Well with Katharath's blessing I will add to this discussion.

Americans should rejoice in the liberties that we have and fight hard to not let them fall by the wayside. That said I expect more from the press than what I am seeing, free press does not mean free from fact or free to interpretation. Trump has his issues but there is an assault on everything this White House does.
Considering how many incorrect things he/they have said, I'm glad someone is watching and attempting to correct.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Let's keep this in mind:

img_4457.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
11 Jewish Centers received bomb threats today.

Ivanka tweeted the following today: "America is a nation built on the principle of religious tolerance. We must protect our houses of worship and religious centers".

Where is Trump? He manages to tweet about SNL.....

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lovedogs|1487647077|4131556 said:
katharath|1487646691|4131551 said:

Ugh, incredibly sad that intelligence professionals are resigning over Trump's incompetence. But, I understand their position and would do the same in their shoes.

It's a tough issue. On one hand you probably feel an obligation to your country; but you also have an obligation to your personal beliefs.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Calliecake|1487647428|4131557 said:
11 Jewish Centers received bomb threats today.

Ivanka tweeted the following today: "America is a nation built on the principle of religious tolerance. We must protect our houses of worship and religious centers".

Where is Trump? He manages to tweet about SNL.....

I saw that about the bomb threats. Definitely worth mentioning. This is why people are so upset with him; if he could just hear and respond to the concerns of the country at large (not just HIS concerns or the concerns of Bannon, Miller, Pence et al) it would actually get him some mileage and potentially do some good.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lots of buzz about Milo still making the rounds:

img_4464.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1487648239|4131565 said:
Lots of buzz about Milo still making the rounds:
Speaking engagement cancelled, book cancelled. Need lots of tiny violins to express how sorry I feel for the idiot. :boohoo: :boohoo:

Also, yes you would think that Chump has time to tweet about bomb threats. Especially since he has time to tweet about every other idiotic thing on earth, like FAKE NEWS!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
McMaster seems to be infinitely preferable to Flynn. Hopefully with Mattis and McMaster, we will now have two people in the WH with some sense and integrity.

img_4471.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1487704513|4131776 said:
McMaster seems to be infinitely preferable to Flynn. Hopefully with Mattis and McMaster, we will now have two people in the WH with some sense and integrity.

I really really hope so!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a tweet, but Trump finally thought it was time to address the threats/ anti-semitic sentiments that have been happening lately. Did so while visiting the African American museum of History and Culture. Only days late and after tons of people called him out. but at least he said SOMETHING.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1487705054|4131784 said:
Not a tweet, but Trump finally thought it was time to address the threats/ anti-semitic sentiments that have been happening lately. Did so while visiting the African American museum of History and Culture. Only days late and after tons of people called him out. but at least he said SOMETHING.

It's about time. I'm sorry he doesn't get any points on this. He knew this has been happening and did nothing until now. The way he treated the reporter asking him questions regarding these types of threats and attacks during his news conference was so disrespectful.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
telephone89|1487718369|4131900 said:

Pretty scathing remarks from the Anne Frank Center! I think they're quite justified, though. You have to look no further than Bannon and Miller to see why.

Lovedogs and telephone - thanks for adding these posts!

I have to admit - several days ago we had a sudden loss in my family (my grandpa), and I've been struggling a bit with having the heart to keep up this thread. I'm sure the desire will return, but if I seem a bit distracted, this is why. I'm almost sorry to even bring it up bc I don't want to veer wildly off topic in this thread, but it is what it is. It's just crazy bc we were so worried about losing my grandma for the last few weeks - now she's relatively ok! Life is strange.

And Callie - I agree with your last post.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1487718877|4131907 said:
Pretty scathing remarks from the Anne Frank Center! I think they're quite justified, though. You have to look no further than Bannon and Miller to see why.

Lovedogs and telephone - thanks for adding these posts!

I have to admit - several days ago we had a sudden loss in my family (my grandpa), and I've been struggling a bit with having the heart to keep up this thread. I'm sure the desire will return, but if I seem a bit distracted, this is why. I'm almost sorry to even bring it up bc I don't want to veer wildly off topic in this thread, but it is what it is. It's just crazy bc we were so worried about losing my grandma for the last few weeks - now she's relatively ok! Life is strange.

And Callie - I agree with your last post.
I'm so sorry for your loss <3<3 Lots of hugs!

Keeping up this thread is the least of your worries! Focus on yourself and your family. (plus, we got your back with Trump tweets in the meantime).

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Katharath, I'm so sorry for your loss. Is there anything I can do to help you? It's always heartbreaking to lose a loved one whether it is expected or not. Nothing prepares us for the loss we feel. Hugs, hugs, hugs

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
My deepest condolences to you, Kathara.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry, Kath! Don't worry, we will keep up with the twitter storm while you practice some self-care. Losses always hurt, and often hurt more than we anticipate. Take time for yourself--this thread will be here when you are ready :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
telephone, Callie, ruby, lovedogs - I truly appreciate all of your kind words. Y'all are great people. Thank you. Sorry to post kind of a bomb like that and then take off (I had to pick up a kiddo at school).

As far as this thread goes - it is actually a nice distraction for me (as is Hangout in general). It isn't that I feel like I "have" to post, or anything like that - I just don't feel my usual fervor. I will definitely still be posting, but if I'm not as "on top" of things for a bit, well, you will all know why. If anyone wants to take up the slack a bit, feel free - and if not, no worries, it's ok either way. Like I said, I'll be around, I'm not going anywhere. Mostly it's just that I'm not actively staying on top of politics as well as I usually do, so I don't have the volume of things to post - I'll get back to it soon though, I'm sure.

Now please, carry on as usual :)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath-

I just saw that your grandfather passed away. Please accept my condolences. You did not need to hold this in. Please feel free to share your grief and your problems here and not feel that it is up to you to soldier on stoically. If you share what is going on, others here will want to help you. Especially you, personally, who are such a darling.

Big hugs,
(((katharath)))
Deb

katharath

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1487723282|4131935 said:
katharath-

I just saw that your grandfather passed away. Please accept my condolences. You did not need to hold this in. Please feel free to share your grief and your problems here and not feel that it is up to you to soldier on stoically. If you share what is going on, others here will want to help you. Especially you, personally, who are such a darling.

Big hugs,
(((katharath)))
Deb

Oh thank you, Deb. I have to say that your words (along with the other kind posts) brought tears to me eyes. You are so sweet. I really love the people in this community.

There really isn't anything I "need", but just saying what has happened and reading such kind replies really does make me feel better.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry for the loss of your grandpa katharath.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, redwood, I appreciate your post.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kath: because you told us to "carry on", I thought I needed to post this :)

Donald J. TrumpVerified account‏@realDonaldTrump 3h3 hours ago

The so-called angry crowds in home districts of some Republicans are actually, in numerous cases, planned out by liberal activists. Sad!
34,844 replies 12,524 retweets 52,860 likes

SAD!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katharath, sorry for your loss. Big hugs go out to you and all of your family.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kath, my heart goes out to you and your family. Biggest hugs to you my friend.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Katharath, hugs and condolences. Take care of yourself and use your energy where it best benefits YOU, not some silly internet forum. Love it or hate it, this thread has taken on a life of its own because there is so much kindling to keep the fire stoked, and I suspect it may be awhile before it dies out. Don't feel bad for one second that you're not contributing or keeping it alive. You were the conduit, for sure, but I think you're safe to take a break for a minute. ;)) DJT ain't getting any less maniacal while you're off the clock.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results