shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like buying your own bling?

Mainer

Rough_Rock
When we met and decided to marry in Alaska the few choices of engagement rings weren't very attractive. I thought it would be foolish to spend money on something I didn't like just to say I had a ring. So we never bought a ring. The wedding ring was enough. Fifty five years later I found a setting I really liked and decided that I would like an engagement ring. I did the research on diamonds. I found it fascinating, he didn't so I picked out the diamond. I have exactly what I want. So, yeah I guess I do like buying my own jewelry. alexa-side.jpg alexa-top.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I have always picked out my own pieces. I have very specific ideas about what I want, and I like to bargain hunt, so most of my pieces are from eBay, Diamond Bistro, etc. I always get the okay for larger purchases from DH, and because I do the budgeting, I can also tell him we can afford it. :lol:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pick my own stuff out. DH foots the bill.

baroque

Shiny_Rock
Laila619|1433885777|3887073 said:

I like it this way too! We're kinda gushy though...and I make a big deal over how when I put my bling on in the morning, I feel his love for me all day! I know...super sappy, but it works for me!

Also, he's one of those guys who notices EVERYTHING, even a new t-shirt! So, adding bling without disclosure is not an option! LOL!

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I normally purchase my own bling but when my DH buys it for me it I find it extra special because he took the time to listen what I like and go out and purchase it. My favourite item of jewelry is a pair of bezel set diamond stud earrings that DH bought 15 years ago without any prompting. He purchased the matching pendant once he found out how much I liked my earrings. This thread got me thinking about what he has given me for gifts over the years and I am very lucky to say that I've never been disappointed (at least not in jewellery, I won't go into detail about the unfortunate sandwich maker). I love all the jewellery he's given me. He's never bought a ring for me that I haven't pre-approved - I think that is too far out of his comfort zone.

VoldeNuit

Shiny_Rock
Most of the time I select & he buys. I'm sort of picky so that works well for us. It also clears me of guilt if/when I want a change. LOL He's surprised me occasionally and those items, I keep. Even the things I'm not especially wild about I'll wear them occasionally, just because. :angel:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1433885777|3887073 said:
Wish my wife would do that.. ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results