shape
carat
color
clarity

#TBT Having difficulty with words (Pic heavy!)

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I. Have. Never. Seen. A. Marquise. That. Gorgeous !!!!!

sooo pretty, I want one now.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Gorgeous stone and gorgeous setting - your fiance did a wonderful job! :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats I think he did an amazing job - it does look like an Old Style Cut Marquise and is absolutely gorgeous and the setting compliments it and is beautiful too!!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ring is gorgeous! Congrats on your engagment!

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is pretty in the first pictures, but when I see it on your hand I am breathless. And speechless.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It is absolutely spectacular! I want one! Congratulations. :appl: :love:

Ashleigh

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is amazing and I especially love the shoulder part of your shank, so unique :appl: :love: Congrats on your engagament!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful beautiful ring! And a big congratulations on your engagement! I love reading about proposals. It's like a little window into someone else's life and it's so lovely to share the experience :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Scarlett, woofmama, and yenny, thank you for your kind words! I am so happy to have found the right person with whom to walk the winding road of life. And the sparkly diamond is icing on the cake! ;-)

Thank you, SandyCheeks! I'm so flattered that you remember and like my previous ring! I still think of it fondly. My current setting is the "Scallop Edge Pave" stock setting from JA; the head is a custom piece. I really wish the lovely fine milgrain that lines the edges of the shank was more visible in the pics I took!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
missy, I feel like such a lucky girl in so many ways! So excited for a lifetime of love with this special person. And thanks so much for your kind comments on my ring!

bebe, that means a lot given that I share the same lust for you amazing cushion ring! If you get the marquise bug, I highly recommend them. All the light play plus the extra finger coverage!

VRBeauty, he did do a wonderful job! It's so surreal to use the word fiance, but it also feels great! Thank you!

arkie, I have to agree with you! I looks very much like an old cut, and I am enchanted by its mirroring, color-throwing chunky facets. Truth be told, I'm absolutely in love with the subtle bowtie too! The culet off-sets it in such an attractive way.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
That is just the most elegant stone...the setting does a fine job of showcasing it too.

Marquise have never really been on my radar until now...

Congrats :))

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing. Stone is awesome and I love that setting, very feminine.

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
SB and Rosebloom, thank for your lovely sentiments! We are very happy with each other and with the ring!

pixgirl, that is so nice of you to say! I appreciate your reaction to my pics. :))

Thank you, Ashleigh! The setting really caught my FI's eye, and I had noticed it myself in the past too. It turned out to be even more delicate, graceful and blingy :naughty: than it appears on the JA website.

Maisie, so glad you dropped by and enjoyed reading our story. It's a special time for us, and when others are interested and excited for us, it makes it all that much more fun for us! So thanks for sharing in our moment and, of course, thanks for your compliments on the ring!

dkata

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is the first marquise ring, where I am really blown away! This marquise just looks so modern, although I thought, marquise is dated. The setting looks beautiful, and enhances the beauty of the stone!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all! Unfortunately, the subzero temps kept me mostly indoors today, so I didn't get a chance to take snow pics, but will definitely get around to it. Will post when I do!

Begonia and dkata, I'm so glad you and others are giving marquises a second thought now. They really are spectacular when you get a good one! As should be the PS motto, it all comes down to cut! And it tickles me pink that so many PSers agree that the setting compliments the center. It puts my mind and heart at rest to have such a "finished" e-ring. There's nothing I would change. :praise:

Thank you, maccers! It is a super yummy diamond, and I love the feminine look of the setting as well. I wish all you wonderful PSers could see it in person!!!

You guys are the BEST! :appl: :appl: :appl:

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh wow, a chunky antique cut marquis...and that setting is perfection. Congrats!

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a stunningly beautiful marquise. Congratulations on your engagement and enjoy that lovely ring!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Its a really special stone and looks just great on your hand!

Do you have the link to the JA page for it? I would love to see their uber close pics and the lab report. I am curious about the facet patterning and would love to see more.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so exciting :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Your ring is gorgeous :love: :love: :love: :love: Congratulations on your engagement :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
ariel144, doberman, and natyLad, thank you! We are very excited, and appreciate your comments!

Dreamer, here is the link for the JA page. http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/marquise-cut/1.91-carat-h-color-si1-clarity-sku-261172Of course I saved it, haha! Having worn the ring for over a week, I have never seen the bow tie look that dark or hard IRL - not even close. But truth be told, if it did present like that I don't think I'd mind. I'm a little smitten with it when it flickers on and off. And thank you! I do feel it's a pretty special stone. :))

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm back to ogle this beauty once again. I seriously can't get enough of it. :love: :appl: :love: :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, derbygal! I'll admit, I stop by and oggle your rose cut ring from time to time :love:

Finally got a chance to take a few more pics! Wish the sun had been out, but they turned out ok!

img_1533_1.jpg

img_1535_1.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!!! Your ring is gorgeous!

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Having difficulty with words (Pic heavy!)"
That beauty speaks for itself :kiss2:
It doesn't need any words.
Belated congratulations and best wishes.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Lovely ring, congrats!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! I wish we would see more marquise on here!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results