shape
carat
color
clarity

11.98ct Four Peaks Amethyst Ring by Leon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Finally set a stone I have had over a year! Hope to take more pics soon, the stone sparkles in sunlight.

11.98ct Four peaks Amethyst
Shield Diamond sides
Platinum

1.gif

AMETHY90K.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Incredible!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Holy Cow!!! Yes, that ring is stunning, but look at the amazing cut on the crown of that stone! Phenomenal!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
w
30.gif
w

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring!! Congratulations. I love the sidestones.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Y2Kitty and Upgradable... I''m happy with it.. it''s just a little large and need to send back for resizing. Here is a pic before it was set...

beforesetame.jpg

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
thanks t_lover and IndyLady... very glad to finally be able to see the stone on a daily basis instead of tucked away in a drawer!

AussieNic

Rough_Rock
Oh MY! That is incredible! All these gorgeous coloured stones are making me want some
30.gif
30.gif

Loving the colour!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! We definitely need more pics, and a handshot!

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
very pretty!

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing your pics!

4 Peaks Amethyst---I can see 4 Peaks from my house, LWD.

There is an ''interesting'' history with that mine here in Arizona. If you don''t mind saying, who did you purchase the stone from?

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2010 11:08:29 PM
Author: StonieGrl
Thank you for sharing your pics!

4 Peaks Amethyst---I can see 4 Peaks from my house, LWD.

There is an ''interesting'' history with that mine here in Arizona. If you don''t mind saying, who did you purchase the stone from?

Hi StonieGrl! Can''t wait to hear the ''interesting'' history!! I purchased my stone from Jack at Colorado Gem and Mineral Company in Tempe, AZ.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
oh my god that''s astounding! more photos, more photos!

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
What a lovely piece! Congrats!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
What a great ring! And so cool that it''s an American amethyst. I have a teeny tiny one from four peaks.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
WOW! What a statement! more pictures please.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A really beautiful ring! It brings out the beauty of that amethyst so well!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Holy moly that ring is amazing. Great design.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is so uncommon to see such a large 4 Peaks Amethyst, especially one without much zoning. The setting is so fabulously proportionate to the center stone too. All in all, a wonderful package.
30.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Spectacular!!!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Gorgeous ring!

IrisAccents

Shiny_Rock
A-B-S-O-L-O-U-T-E-L-Y S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!!!!

I would LOVE to see hand shots when you get it back.

In the meantime, I''ll just keep drooling :)

StonieGrl

Brilliant_Rock
I too have a 4 Peaks from Jack, it is the 17-ct emerald cut I bought to make a pendant with my 5-ct Oregon sunstone trilliant (not made yet, but hoping it''ll get made in 2010).

Did you have the stone recut?

The observation I would make about Jack''s 4 Peaks is that they are cut to be large. I looked at a selection of his cut inventory and I thought almost all of it would benefit from a recut by someone like Barry or Gene to be truly beautiful. Which is certainly possible as Jack has some BIIIIIIG amethyst. It would just add to the overall cost of the stone.

Your ring is very, very pretty.

I have to ask you this too: How was Leon to work with?

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
fabulous color and a beautiful ring!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
big.

purple.

american stone.

love it!

mz

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, can''t wait to see more pictures. Would love to see a hand shot! I think you picked a beatiful design for that stone.

lovewhitediamonds

Brilliant_Rock
A million thanks to everyone for the nice comments!
9.gif

StonieGrl: My Leon experience was wonderful. Since I have been reading many posts about other PS''ers experiences, I had my expectations in check. Bottom line for me was that his work is truly art, and I had no doubt that he would be setting this particular stone, as well as any other future stones I might acquire (no one does claw prongs like Leon!) I would rather spend a little more to get something I truly loved than save a little to try to achieve the same look. My emails were always returned promptly and courteously. I look forward to working with Leon and Rachael again in the future.

**Question for everyone**:
Since this ring is too large (size wise) for my RH "ring" finger (it spins).. I''m thinking of resizing for my middle finger on my RH.
DH thinks it would look weird on my middle finger, but I think since the stone is larger it will be more proportionate on my hand (and maybe protect the stone from accidental bangs?) Will send hand shots, but without a visual, any thoughts? I appreciate your help very much. Thank you.

biggemlover

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/16/2010 1:27:54 PM
Author: lovewhitediamonds

**Question for everyone**:

Since this ring is too large (size wise) for my RH ''ring'' finger (it spins).. I''m thinking of resizing for my middle finger on my RH.

DH thinks it would look weird on my middle finger, but I think since the stone is larger it will be more proportionate on my hand (and maybe protect the stone from accidental bangs?) Will send hand shots, but without a visual, any thoughts? I appreciate your help very much. Thank you.

GORGEOUS ring. Love love love the deep purple. As to your question above, I have lots of big stone rings (mostly amber) and I love to wear them on my middle fingers, especially if they''re long. I''m wearing one today that extends from knuckle to knuckle on my left middle finger - it also fits my right ring finger reasonably well, but I don''t care to wear it there - I find that the natural shape of my palm makes it tilt too much, and because it is a long/thin design, it looks off-kilter. Just my opinion, but I think that amethyst would make a ROCKING middle finger ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results