shape
carat
color
clarity

We're Supposed To Get Snow, Too!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
We ended up with about 9 inches of fluffy white snow last night. When we woke up DH ran to the window and then said kinda sadly "that's it?" Metro-north is running on a Sunday schedule so I'm glad we have no where to go! The plan for us today includes Starbucks for hot cocoa, popcorn and movies and a walk through the park. :appl:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So on the news they're saying that the storm is still in its early stages and it's been snowing here since about midnight. We have about 6 inches of very very heavy sticky snow and we lost power at our house early this morning for about 3 hours. Luckily Aidan's day care was open today and we have a Jeep with 4WD so we took him in just in case the power was out for most of the day. My office closed but we didn't get notice of it until almost 8am, which was stinky. So now DH and I are sitting at home, enjoying a free day with no baby :) I don't plan on leaving again until this afternoon when I have to pick up Aidan.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1294842364|2820624 said:
So on the news they're saying that the storm is still in its early stages and it's been snowing here since about midnight. We have about 6 inches of very very heavy sticky snow and we lost power at our house early this morning for about 3 hours. Luckily Aidan's day care was open today and we have a Jeep with 4WD so we took him in just in case the power was out for most of the day. My office closed but we didn't get notice of it until almost 8am, which was stinky. So now DH and I are sitting at home, enjoying a free day with no baby :) I don't plan on leaving again until this afternoon when I have to pick up Aidan.

I hope the roads are okay later when you pick up Aidan. Have fun on your baby-free day! On channel 7, the meteorologist said that the heavier, wet snow is mainly south of Boston. Up here, we have the lighter stuff I think. It's pretty windy too, so the snow isn't sticking to the trees all that much. Channel 9 sad that we're at about 10" so far and it's still coming down pretty hard. I wonder what the roads will be like tomorrow.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The snow in CT seems quite light, though I haven't been digging around in it! On the news, they said some sections of the state would wind up with 30 inches, though it seems the snow has stopped in southern CT and most towns have around 20 inches. I haven't measured our snow depth, but I've attached a few photos. The greyhound is not sitting down! :)) He was only out for a minute, otherwise he would have been wearing one of his coats. These are just some quick shots I took from inside. You can kind of see the depth of the snow near the stream. The road is just beyond the stream. Snow plows have not been by yet!!

Oh, and if anyone remembers from our last storm thread, I was pregnant, before my due date, and anticipating a snow baby. Well, here's another storm, I'm still pregnant and 2 days past my due date now. If anyone wants to toss some snow baby labor dust my way, I'd appreciate it, not that I have any clear means of egress at this point, but simply for the sake of my sanity!!

driveway snow 1-12-11.jpg

snow front 1-12-11.JPG

Jasp snow 1-12-11.JPG

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful photos, LV! Baby dust is on its way.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1294844768|2820657 said:
Oh, and if anyone remembers from our last storm thread, I was pregnant, before my due date, and anticipating a snow baby. Well, here's another storm, I'm still pregnant and 2 days past my due date now. If anyone wants to toss some snow baby labor dust my way, I'd appreciate it, not that I have any clear means of egress at this point, but simply for the sake of my sanity!!

I do, indeed, remember, Loves Vintage! Is there some elegant name in a foreign language that translates to, "will hold out through several stormstorms" that you could name the new babette? You must be losing your mind!I haven't been reading the pregnancy thread recently, so I don't even know if this is your first or if you know the sex, but feel free to talk about it here, too! I certainly throw you some magic baby snow ( or dust, if you prefer)!!!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
According to the newspaper, we got 14.5 inches. That isn't as much as the blizzard in December which dropped 18 inches here.

Deb/AGBF

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
14" here too. Ughhh!

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
That's what the harbor here in New haven has too Deb and Gem. But, I've rcvd a report of 23 inches in Cheschire. The drifts are going to get massive around here too, expect some very heavy winds today folks.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1294854114|2820787 said:
Loves Vintage|1294844768|2820657 said:

I do, indeed, remember, Loves Vintage! Is there some elegant name in a foreign language that translates to, "will hold out through several stormstorms" that you could name the new babette? You must be losing your mind!I haven't been reading the pregnancy thread recently, so I don't even know if this is your first or if you know the sex, but feel free to talk about it here, too! I certainly throw you some magic baby snow ( or dust, if you prefer)!!!

Deb/AGBF

Thanks for the dust, Zoe and Deb! ::)

Deb, She's a girl and our first! Everyone says first babies are often late, but that hasn't been helping me much!! Oh, and her name will be Samantha, but if anyone knows that elegant foreign language name, we might consider it!

I hope Griffin has been enjoying the snow today. It appears to be just a bit too much for my two, though my highly energetic beagle mix still approaches each outing with her classic enthusiasm!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1294863554|2820925 said:
Deb, She's a girl and our first! Everyone says first babies are often late, but that hasn't been helping me much!! Oh, and her name will be Samantha, but if anyone knows that elegant foreign language name, we might consider it!

I hope Griffin has been enjoying the snow today. It appears to be just a bit too much for my two, though my highly energetic beagle mix still approaches each outing with her classic enthusiasm!

Loves Vintage-I hope your beagle enjoyed the snow and that Samantha doesn't make you too uncomfortable for too much longer! There are a lot of nice dates coming up that would make good birthdays for her and she will get to have a red birthstone, a garnet, too! I always envied my mother for having a garnet birthstone. (A ruby would have been my first choice!) Why do people always give little girls jewelry with their birthstones in it, even if the birthstone is a sickly yellowish green or a purple color?

Deb/AGBF

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's never going to stop snowing here. I'm convinced. :cheeky:

The wind is blowing too hard for it to stick to the trees but here's a pic from our living room:

003.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe|1294865424|2820947 said:
It's never going to stop snowing here. I'm convinced. :cheeky:

The wind is blowing too hard for it to stick to the trees but here's a pic from our living room:

Zoe-

Any guesses on how much snow you have gotten?

Deb

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deb -- I think we're up to 15" or so. We're supposed to get an additional 2 inches or so tonight, according to our local news station, so that would put us at 17 inches total.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Reporting in from western CT with 18" ::)

I haven't left the house all day and "worked from home" (the joys of working for a computer company means total mobility!). DH left at noon for the train station to go into NYC for the Syracuse game at MSG. He was so mad that he missed out on sitting cozily inside on a snow day, but I'm sure he's having fun in the city. Go 'Cuse!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that is a lot of snow; I have never been around that much snow before!!! I can't imagine; it is very beautiful though!

ZOE and LOVESVINTAGE, beautiful snow pics!!! Sending baby vibes to you LV :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy123|1294875192|2821101 said:
Wow that is a lot of snow; I have never been around that much snow before!!!

"The Wall Street Journal" has some totals for its reading area (the New York metropolitan area). It says that Connecticut got the most

snow, but you can see the figures for yourself! "Snow Totals: The heaviest snows again seemed to be centered on southwest

Connecticut, with areas near Danbury receiving more than two feet of additional snow after getting a foot or so over the weekend.

North Haven, Conn. ended up with 29.5 inches of snow, the highest total reported so far."

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011/01/12/weather-journal-connecticut-piles-up-biggest-snow-totals/?blog_id=147&post_id=11667

Deb/AGBF

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, What a beautiful view you have!!! The snow must have stopped by now, right? Will there be school tomorrow?

Deb, I do like garnets! My favorite birth date (1/11/11) has already passed. She will definitely be here by the 20th because the doctors will induce by then. It is waiting that is the hardest. Ahhh, and Lucy, the beagle, did figure out the snow. Here are some choice photos that my husband took today. :)) She is a goofy and fun-loving girl!

lucy !!!!!!.jpg

lucy deep snow.JPG

lucy swimming in snow.JPG

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The pictures of Lucy in the snow are very cute! My camera battery conked out just as my dog, Griffin, went bounding through

the snow, leaping to great heights! C'est la vie.

Deb

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Skippy and LV!

We do have school today. There are only a few districts that have 2 hour delays and only one that cancelled school altogether. It's okay though -- 2 more days this week and then we have Monday off for Civil Rights Day. Not bad.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1294880059|2821169 said:
Skippy123|1294875192|2821101 said:
Wow that is a lot of snow; I have never been around that much snow before!!!

"The Wall Street Journal" has some totals for its reading area (the New York metropolitan area). It says that Connecticut got the most

snow, but you can see the figures for yourself! "Snow Totals: The heaviest snows again seemed to be centered on southwest

Connecticut, with areas near Danbury receiving more than two feet of additional snow after getting a foot or so over the weekend.

North Haven, Conn. ended up with 29.5 inches of snow, the highest total reported so far."

http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2011/01/12/weather-journal-connecticut-piles-up-biggest-snow-totals/?blog_id=147&post_id=11667

Deb/AGBF

Thanks for the link! I had read 18" on weather.com, but I think the two feet sounds more like it.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
davi_el_mejor|1294855693|2820814 said:
That's what the harbor here in New haven has too Deb and Gem. But, I've rcvd a report of 23 inches in Cheschire. The drifts are going to get massive around here too, expect some very heavy winds today folks.

I didn't know you were in New Haven David! Hidey-ho <<<wavewave>>> from across the pond!

Meanwhile, if we had just a few more degrees of temperature, just a little warmth, this stuff might start melting. This new 14" is laying on top of the ice that never melted from two weeks ago.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Lucy is a stitch, LV! What a darling! Looks like she's having the biggest ball. Dust for babies!!!

--- Laurie

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
ha, when I made the comment on Lucy I said I thought she looked like she'd been playing in snow, and voila, she had :tongue:
Lovely pix and very many congrats for the babe which will be on its way any time now.... how exciting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results