shape
carat
color
clarity

Today, I Dislike:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 9:49:51 AM
Author: BeachRunner
1. the constant rain that won''t stop today.

2. people who will NOT get over to the left lane when no one is over there when you are trying to merge onto the highway
29.gif

AND:

Now my shoes are wet, and will not dry
39.gif
(Is the 70 degree weekend here yet?)

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I Dislike (especially today):

1) The way our business phone rings non-stop off-the-wall when my office help is at lunch. EVERYBODY uses their lunch hour to make appointments, talk to salesmen, etc. Then they wonder why they are on hold for so long. Well, ''cause everyone else had the same bright idea to call now!!!

2) The 20MPH breeze that gusts to 35MPH. Yesterday was the ONLY day I can remember, since January, where the wind has been calm. I''ve graduated to two types of allergy meds, taken together, to combat the pollen blowing around. My contacts feel like pea gravel.

3) Accounts Payable. And the fact that, because we are in a recession, I cannot hire someone to pay the bills that I despise doing. Bleh.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Deco, I''m so sorry about your kitty!
6.gif
That''s just awful!

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 1:48:42 PM
Author: dixie94
I dislike:

-the dogs next door that are always barking and howling

-the internet and the stupid virus that caused an email to go out from my account w/o me even knowing about it and changed my settings without me knowing about it so that now I have to go back and re-create my entire contact list (since it deleted it) and email everyone about *that* email.. which of course I can''t do b/c my email program only allows a certain amount of emails per day and I''ve hit the limit (who knew??!!) UGH!

-needing to workout but having absolutely no desire to do so

-having to take my son to school b/c he missed the bus

-finding that the warranty on my son''s mp3 player has expired

-feeling somewhat ridiculous for all this complaining

Sorry Deco about your cat!

Atroop, sorry to hear about all of your pain. Hope you can find an outlet to get to complain a little here and there (or at least use PS for that).

thanks Dixie..

that virus that attacked your computer....was it the one that was on the news all of last week? Did they get any important personal infor?

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dislike my neighbor''s spray bottle, which she''s been squeezing for the past hour and a half. What on EARTH is she spraying?!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, and also my gassy dog. No idea what he ate, but it is STIIIIIIIIIIIIIINKY!

I still lurve him, though
5.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 10:28:08 AM
Author: atroop711
you asked!
these damn daily headaches that get worse and turn into migraines when it rains and other times of the month
the chronic pain in my spine that I live with because some horrible person assaulted me which caused me to have spinal fusion surgery in my lower spine...which then I developed RSD in my foot and spinal arthritis
what I HATE is the inability to complain about these pains daily because I would worry my children. I HATE having to fake how good I feel so I won''t draw attention to the living hell I deal with on a daily basis. I also dislike that
when I do complain (rare moments) that some ppl look at me like I''m exaggerating. This is why I keep it to myself.
OMG I''m tearing up. I never complain about it but I guess getting it off my chest really released lots of emotions.
THANKS BEACHRUNNER...I needed to vent and share and didn''t realize it.
Keep my secret
2.gif
you guys are the only ones who know the truth
I am so sorry, atroop. FI has chronic nerve pain in his arm and yet he rarely ever talks about it. I wonder if he feels the same. I think it''s great that you are putting your children first, but you need to have SOMEBODY to complain to.... even if it''s just us. Really, I am so sorry. Chronic pain is the worst.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 1:45:42 PM
Date: 4/15/2009 1:42:53 PM

Author: PaulaW

atroop, I am so sorry to hear that your in such pain, especially from something so terrible like assault. My heart goes out to you.

Deco, I''m sorry for your loss. I truly hope it wasn''t rabies and you find answers to what happened to your precious kitty.

Whitby... you are such a sweetie! I just want to squeeze you!
30.gif

thanks so much Paula

ITTA WHiTBY is the biggest sweetie

9.gif

actually, i''m at a resort in sedona at the moment where i''ve come with 2 friends (one being my best friend that i flew over from australia specifically for this) to go to the grand canyon. unfortunately tho...

i came down with some sinus/throat/inhaled-razorblades-feeling type thing and as a result, i''m still in sedona and they''ve taken off to the GC this morning without me.
7.gif
we had rooms booked there overnight, which we cancelled when it became apparent i wouldnt be well enough to go, and so i''ve had to reimburse them cause we cant get our money back and it''s my fault, not theirs (and i wouldnt have this ay other way, by the way - i fought them on this!)

so anyway, the result it, i''ve missed my overnight trip to the GC, have missed the GC altogether in fact, and am now spending a long, sick day alone.

but to be honest, i''m sitting in a lovely resort, hanging with my PS ring sisters and life is pretty good. i managed to put a smile on atroop''s face (and she''s made ME smile before, so i owe her this - and god knows, i know how back surgery can make you feel!) and getting a friendly squeeze from paulaW made me feel like this....

squeeeezeb.jpg

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:45:12 PM
Author: whitby_2773
Date: 4/15/2009 1:45:42 PM

Date: 4/15/2009 1:42:53 PM

Author: PaulaW

atroop, I am so sorry to hear that your in such pain, especially from something so terrible like assault. My heart goes out to you.

Deco, I''m sorry for your loss. I truly hope it wasn''t rabies and you find answers to what happened to your precious kitty.

Whitby... you are such a sweetie! I just want to squeeze you!
30.gif

thanks so much Paula

ITTA WHiTBY is the biggest sweetie

9.gif

actually, i''m at a resort in sedona at the moment where i''ve come with 2 friends (one being my best friend that i flew over from australia specifically for this) to go to the grand canyon. unfortunately tho...

i came down with some sinus/throat/inhaled-razorblades-feeling type thing and as a result, i''m still in sedona and they''ve taken off to the GC this morning without me.
7.gif
we had rooms booked there overnight, which we cancelled when it became apparent i wouldnt be well enough to go, and so i''ve had to reimburse them cause we cant get our money back and it''s my fault, not theirs (and i wouldnt have this ay other way, by the way - i fought them on this!)

so anyway, the result it, i''ve missed my overnight trip to the GC, have missed the GC altogether in fact, and am now spending a long, sick day alone.

but to be honest, i''m sitting in a lovely resort, hanging with my PS ring sisters and life is pretty good. i managed to put a smile on atroop''s face (and she''s made ME smile before, so i owe her this - and god knows, i know how back surgery can make you feel!) and getting a friendly squeeze from paulaW made me feel like this....

awww Whitby feel better. I hope it wasn''t that "clean" air on the plane that got you sick. I hope you feel better real fast.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 2:43:49 PM
Author: mscushion
Date: 4/15/2009 10:28:08 AM

you asked!

these damn daily headaches that get worse and turn into migraines when it rains and other times of the month

the chronic pain in my spine that I live with because some horrible person assaulted me which caused me to have spinal fusion surgery in my lower spine...which then I developed RSD in my foot and spinal arthritis

what I HATE is the inability to complain about these pains daily because I would worry my children. I HATE having to fake how good I feel so I won''t draw attention to the living hell I deal with on a daily basis. I also dislike that

when I do complain (rare moments) that some ppl look at me like I''m exaggerating. This is why I keep it to myself.

OMG I''m tearing up. I never complain about it but I guess getting it off my chest really released lots of emotions.

THANKS BEACHRUNNER...I needed to vent and share and didn''t realize it.

Keep my secret
2.gif
you guys are the only ones who know the truth

I am so sorry, atroop. FI has chronic nerve pain in his arm and yet he rarely ever talks about it. I wonder if he feels the same. I think it''s great that you are putting your children first, but you need to have SOMEBODY to complain to.... even if it''s just us. Really, I am so sorry. Chronic pain is the worst.

thanks MSC...your FI may not be saying anything. It''s hard to deal with a chronic issue alone..but you don''t want to burden your loved ones either. If he''s anything like me...we suck it up and learn to live with it as much as possible...also we become good actors!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I also dislike broken promises by clique-y adults that feel like they are the hand of God just because they have a tiny amount of power. I can leave anytime I want, so can anyone else. Don''t get such a damn big head.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Today I hate chocolate. Mainly because I can''t stop eating it!!!!!

ChinaCat

Brilliant_Rock
Taxes. Actually, more specifically, the fact that I am getting screwed by the IRS because I paid too much money in taxes. What the what? I don''t mind paying my share- but I freaking mind the fact that not only have I paid a ridiculous amount of taxes this year, but because I don''t have any major deductions, the amount that I "owe" is apparently TOO high for the IRS so now they want me to PREPAY my taxes for next year PLUS over $9000 extra- just cause. Today.

And the reason I don''t have any major deductions is that:
1) we are fiscally responsible and actually WAITED to buy a house until we had the proper amount of money saved;
2) We WAITED to have a baby until we were financially and emotionally ready;
3) We apparently make TOO much money, so all of the regular deductions we "opt out of". So you went to law school, took out loans, worked your a** off and got a good job? Congrats- but nope, you can''t deduct any interest on your law school loans because you make a decent amount of money. Oh, and that first-time homebuyer credit? Nope, not for you! You make just a little too much money.

And before anyone thinks I make loads and loads of money and I''m just whining, it''s not the case. I make a really decent living, but between home prices and taxes and saving for retirement and paying off student loan debt, it''s not like we are rolling in it.

And we are set to close on our house May 1, so we will have deductions next year. And we are having a baby in August, so check, another deduction.

I just feel like I''m being punished for doing the right thing. It''s frustrating.

Whew, I feel better. Just typing that helped, don''t care if anyone even reads it.

DECO- I am so sorry about your cat.
7.gif

ATROOP- So sorry you are in pain.

Hope everyone has blue skies ahead!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww poor Whitby. You must be very disappointed! Here have this sundae. Its the answer to all problems!
9.gif

whitbycomfortfood.jpg

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:08:51 PM
Author: ChinaCat
Taxes. Actually, more specifically, the fact that I am getting screwed by the IRS because I paid too much money in taxes. What the what? I don''t mind paying my share- but I freaking mind the fact that not only have I paid a ridiculous amount of taxes this year, but because I don''t have any major deductions, the amount that I ''owe'' is apparently TOO high for the IRS so now they want me to PREPAY my taxes for next year PLUS over $9000 extra- just cause. Today.

1) we are fiscally responsible and actually WAITED to buy a house until we had the proper amount of money saved;
3) We apparently make TOO much money, so all of the regular deductions we ''opt out of''. So you went to law school, took out loans, worked your a** off and got a good job? Congrats- but nope, you can''t deduct any interest on your law school loans because you make a decent amount of money. Oh, and that first-time homebuyer credit? Nope, not for you! You make just a little too much money.

And before anyone thinks I make loads and loads of money and I''m just whining, it''s not the case. I make a really decent living, but between home prices and taxes and saving for retirement and paying off student loan debt, it''s not like we are rolling in it.

And we are set to close on our house May 1, so we will have deductions next year. And we are having a baby in August, so check, another deduction.

I just feel like I''m being punished for doing the right thing. It''s frustrating.

Whew, I feel better. Just typing that helped, don''t care if anyone even reads it.

7.gif

Hun, I can''t even TELL you how much that has crossed my mind. My husband I have acrued debt, and are trying to pay it off the RIGHT way - a bit at a time whenever we can. The result? We live with my parents, have one car, and are going to have to wait to have a baby until it''s probably too late unless it''s an "accident." Sigh.

I am seriously considering getting pregnant to mooch off the government. Take care of someone who actually pays taxes for once!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:32:12 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
Date: 4/15/2009 4:08:51 PM

Author: ChinaCat

Taxes. Actually, more specifically, the fact that I am getting screwed by the IRS because I paid too much money in taxes. What the what? I don''t mind paying my share- but I freaking mind the fact that not only have I paid a ridiculous amount of taxes this year, but because I don''t have any major deductions, the amount that I ''owe'' is apparently TOO high for the IRS so now they want me to PREPAY my taxes for next year PLUS over $9000 extra- just cause. Today.

3) We apparently make TOO much money, so all of the regular deductions we ''opt out of''. So you went to law school, took out loans, worked your a** off and got a good job? Congrats- but nope, you can''t deduct any interest on your law school loans because you make a decent amount of money. Oh, and that first-time homebuyer credit? Nope, not for you! You make just a little too much money.

7.gif

Hun, I can''t even TELL you how much that has crossed my mind. My husband I have acrued debt, and are trying to pay it off the RIGHT way - a bit at a time whenever we can. The result? We live with my parents, have one car, and are going to have to wait to have a baby until it''s probably too late unless it''s an ''accident.'' Sigh.

I am seriously considering getting pregnant to mooch off the government. Take care of someone who actually pays taxes for once!

dude don''t let anyone on the ATW forum see this, they''ll lynch you!

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:00:31 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk

BLASPHEMY!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Work.
2. Work.
3. Work.

Things I like:

1. Having a job.
2. Having a job.
3. Having a job.

It''s a bit of a Catch 22.
40.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sick to the back teeth of:
1-college. If it was anything but veterinary, I''d so drop out. I''m done with college. I just want to be out working.
2-weather. Wish it would get a bit nicer over here (I wouldn''t be Irish if I didn''t moan about the weather
3.gif
)
3-having no money. Comes back to the college thing and also I think I''ll only be working part time this summer so there won''t be much extra money for fun.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. School.
2. My dad being a jerk.
3. Bad days.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 12:16:54 PM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 4/15/2009 12:14:56 PM
Author: decodelighted
Atroop!!! That''s awful! You can vent here at Pscope. Maybe it would keep helping release a bit of the burden!!

I''m very sad today because my nine-year-old cat Gracie died suddenly last night. She was standing by the screen door with me, watching T do her business outside & just keeled over with a seizure I mistook for playing. By the time I realized she was in distress she had passed. We''re having an autopsy done & even testing her for rabies because eight weeks ago she had contact with a bat that escaped. Things could become even more grim for all of us if she tests positive. The waiting is difficult. On the plus side, now anyone wondering where I went on the Idol thread last night has their answer.
I am so sorry Deco!!!
39.gif
Hugs!!
Me too Deco, I''m so very sorry for your loss. ((HUGS)).

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 4:36:32 PM
Author: TheBigT

BLASPHEMY!!

I know, tragic isn''t it? It''s a total love/hate thing.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
deco, that's so sad. I know it doesn't really help, but I'm very sorry for your loss.
7.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 5:13:49 PM
Date: 4/15/2009 4:36:32 PM

Author: TheBigT

BLASPHEMY!!

I know, tragic isn''t it? It''s a total love/hate thing.
Word.
I think I experience the same rollercoaster of emotions surrounding chocolate. People say eating junk food doesn''t actually make you feel better, but chocolate really makes me feel great!! And then I step on the scale, and it makes me feel
39.gif

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 1:22:55 PM
Author: justjill
Date: 4/15/2009 9:55:36 AM

Author: sba771

I dislike living in Germany. Most days I am fine, but I was in the US last week for Passover and it just reminded me how much of my ''life'' I am missing while being here. I have to wait 2 years to get married, I am missing life cycle events of people close to me and just in general I really miss Mexican food!
2.gif
It is just one of those weeks- makes me really hate being so far from my mom.

I live in the Netherlands and MY GOD do I miss Mexican food too! I also miss stores being open past 6pm

No Mexican there, either?
29.gif
I''m moving to the Netherlands in a few weeks [just for the summer] and I was worried about finding decent food there. There''s NO Mexican food in Japan, either.
38.gif

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Atroop!!! That''s awful! You can vent here at Pscope. Maybe it would keep helping release a bit of the burden!!

I''m very sad today because my nine-year-old cat Gracie died suddenly last night. She was standing by the screen door with me, watching T do her business outside & just keeled over with a seizure I mistook for playing. By the time I realized she was in distress she had passed. We''re having an autopsy done & even testing her for rabies because eight weeks ago she had contact with a bat that escaped. Things could become even more grim for all of us if she tests positive. The waiting is difficult. On the plus side, now anyone wondering where I went on the Idol thread last night has their answer.
Oh Deco - I''m so very sorry for your loss
emsad.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 6:49:02 PM
Author: Patiently_Waiting

Oh Deco - I''m so very sorry for your loss
emsad.gif
I''m sending(((((((HUGE HUGS)))))))) to those of you who are in pain - both physical and mental (been there; done that) and also to Deco who lost her dear Gracie
emrose.gif

Our Sammy just ''celebrated'' his 10th birthday, and we know that someday it will be his turn.
7.gif
He requires meds delivered by syringe twice a day. Why? Don''t ask, it''s TMI.

ahappygirl

Brilliant_Rock
okay, now I have a few things:

don''t like paying for THREE storage units because our house is too small
don''t like paying every year to take a test to keep up professional certification I haven''t used in 8 years nor will use as long as I''m in Ohio but have to unless I want to sit for my board exam again
don''t like husband driving in horrible rainy storm
don''t like making appt for annual cardiac eval for our son

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/15/2009 8:16:36 PM
Author: ahappygirl
okay, now I have a few things:

don''t like paying for THREE storage units because our house is too small

don''t like paying every year to take a test to keep up professional certification I haven''t used in 8 years nor will use as long as I''m in Ohio but have to unless I want to sit for my board exam again

don''t like husband driving in horrible rainy storm

don''t like making appt for annual cardiac eval for our son

7.gif
at this.

sending you some positive zen, ahappygirl, and tying it to a prayer.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yanno... there are so many things I could find to complain about today but I''m just not gonna do it, so I''m just popping in to say ***DECO*** so sorry to hear about your kitty.

And everyone else, very sorry to hear about your trials and tribulations too. Hang in there!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results