shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And as soon as I snapped the first one, they sat up and glared at me like mirror images, upset that I had disturbed their nap (let me tell you, they lead hard lives in our home...NOT
3.gif
)

OllieandAmbertwinsies2.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
The girth just keeps expanding...and getting fluffier...(check out those blue eyes!!)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Ollieonfloor123.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
And the latest contender for the cutest kitty feature...as he gets older and his fur darkens into its more mature color (I've read this is quite common and that the full color may not develop until 2 years of age), the tummy stripe (oh and check out those ridiculous armpit tufties!!):

Ollietummystripe1.jpg

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Hopefully tomorrow I can get some pics up! The computers are giving me a hard time. I love all of the great pics!

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
OK, I think I''ve posted some of these before, but since it''s a special thread..

The one of FI and CHen is one of my all time favorite pictures of them :)

catchen3.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Posing patiently.

catchen2.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
cat on a plate! this is more what he looks like normally ;-)

chenplate1.jpg

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
and his future buddy, whom he dwarfs in size!

catpurse.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great kit piccies all - I am seriously drooling here....
30.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
AG--your cat''s tail is like an entity unto itself! Yowza! Chen''s tail is fluffy, but that thing is like a whole other cat!!!

Love the cuddle pics!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
OMG!!! All those kitties are soooooo cute!
9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
RT - Chen is SUCH a handsome boy (the FI''s not bad either haha
2.gif
I bet you two are a gorgeous couple) - I LOVE all these pictures of him. His fur is so delicately colored, its just elegant. The blue eyes get you every time, don''t they - that''s why we fell for our little Ollie to begin with. I can''t believe how much bigger MC has gotten in those pics (and how healthy he looks) - what a wonderful thing you''ve done there!

Yeah, the tail is really quite something, and its still growing, although somewhat more in proportion with the rest of the cat now. Those literally were the vet''s words when we got him out of the carrier at his checkup a month or so ago, that he had "never seen a tail like it"...and this is a vet who treats only cats all day long...I have a sinking suspicion we may be in for a lot of cat to match the tail, since his paws seem to still be growing too!
23.gif

Ellen - thanks, I''m pretty fond of the DH, although he''s really not fond of those pictures of him. He likes the one in my avatar and a lot of other pictures of him, better, and he kind of has a point - they are much more flattering
3.gif

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
Awww, thanks! Chen won''t be 2 until December, so he may get darker as well.

MC is still pretty tiny, that''s my not-too-sizable purse he''s wiggled into there--I left it on the couch, picked it up, and realized there was a cat in there! He and Chen both like being picked up in bags and walked around/gently swung. Very odd!

The tummy stripe on Ollie is killer!
3.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I love all of your stories and kitties!
30.gif
I am going to get some pictures together and create an Omie post.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
This is a long one, but it is a kitty adoption story...

Omie was born 02/14/04 was ditched at an animal shelter 01/05. Apparently, she was purchased as a Christmas present for a someone and the guy wanted a younger kitten, so they took her to a "kill" animal shelter. Omie did not do well at the animal shelter, I was told she was constantly growling and hissing at all other animals and people, so she was slated to be euthanized sooner than other animals b/c they did not think she could be adopted. Fortunately, she was rescued by the head of a local rescue organization called Recycling Animals in Need (RAIN). Though Omie was not very happy, she wanted to give her a chance, especially since she was such a pretty kitty (her idea is that she would be easier to find her a home, since she was nicely marked). Anyway, she brought Omie to the vet, which was not a dignifying experience (fortunately, she was already fixed). Her next stop was at the foster mom's house for observation.

What her foster mom observed is that Omie did not play nice with the other kitties and would typically keep to herself on her kitty bed. She would usually hiss and growl and even hunt other cats down when she felt like it, but would never hurt anyone. With humans, she was very demanding of attention and was very persistant when she wanted something. So, she was thought of as a diva and given the name of Omarosa (remember her from the Apprentice & Surreal Life?).

Of course, when I saw her at PetSmart, I fell in love. She was definitely a pretty kitty and did not seem to behave like a diva all of the times when I visited her. My bf, really wanted me to adopt a cat, but did not think she would be the best cat to adopt (I had never had a pet before), given what her foster mom said. I felt bad about her past and believed that with some TLC, she would come around. My only stipulation was that I wanted a quiet cat & Omie seemed very quiet at the PetStore...

I visited her a couple of times and filled out the application. Apparently, she arrived at PetSmart after her evaluation in late January and though she had a fan club, no one wanted to adopt her b/c she could not get along with other cats. So, she was there longer than most other cats, fortunately, she took breaks and went home with her foster mom for a week per month. Her foster mom was thrilled I was interested and felt I was a good match since she would be an only kitty diva. Apparently when I was able to meet Omie for the first time, she had said that she had not seen Omie so happy to see a human (she meowed and gave me a head-butt), so I guess that sealed the deal. I picked her up 2 days later on March 15, after I prepared my apartment.

People warned me that once I brought her home, she could hide for a couple of weeks. HA! When I brought her home, she explored and then rolled around on my livingroom floor as if she had lived with me for years. She was very vocal, demanded attention from me all night and even slept with me.

Not much has changed since I brought her home. We worked on a couple of behavioral challenges she had, for some reason, you could only touch her with one hand and could only pet her head/face and she would bite (not draw blood) when she did not want something. Two years later, we can touch her with 2 hands & give her full body pets (no tummy yet), we can pick her up (couldn't even do that for a year), clip her back nails without a struggle, and she is no longer afraid of spray bottles/aerosol cans. Her biting has almost completely stopped, though sometimes she forgets. She still fears the hair dryer. When I dry my hair, she darts away, but I have been trying to associate the hair dryer with good things, so now she lingers at the bathroom door.

Here is a picture I took of her the 2nd day she was with me. I will also post a follow-up picture, so you can see how much she grew and changed in about a 6 month period.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
This is a picture of Omie 2 days after I brought her home. She is about 8 months old and on the skinny side (she was not taking care of herself while in her temporary situation).

We really do not know whether she is a pure raggie as she did not come with papers. For a raggie, she is very mis-marked. I would guess her to be a seal-bicolor with a mismarked nose and chin (nose should be pink and chin white). Also, she has white front and back paws & am not sure if a bi-color should be solid on the legs. There is such a thing as seal mitted, where the face is completly dark, except for the chin, which is white and all 4 paws are white. If there was a seal mitted bi-color, that would best match my diva!
31.gif
I really love her pattern, it makes her unique!
30.gif

Omie.before.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
This is Omie 6 months later. As you can see, a happy home, premium food (I feed her Natural Balance) and lots of brushing turned her around. It also helped that she was maturing into a beautiful cat.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
oops...

Normally, she would have tufts on her feet, but we had just given her a pedi (nail & tuff trim). She is a clumbsy cat and really slides around on her tufts, so we like to keep them as short as possible...

I think Omie likes her pedi's, that is so odd for a cat! She even purrs while we are doing it, such a diva!

Omie.Table1.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG I think Omie and my Ollie are long-lost cousins!!! What a gorgeous girl, and good for you for taking in a kitty with some behavioral issues - I volunteer a lot in a shelter near me and I see how long those kitties sometimes have to wait for a home. It sounds like you''ve given Omie all the love and patience she needed, and its clear from the pictures that she''s blossomed into a lovely pet - what a GORGEOUS girl she is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you so much for sharing her story and pictures - she is really a lovely-looking girl, and sounds like a total sweetie.

BTW, are anyone else''s Raggies really demanding of attention and love? I know Ollie is - he will stand up on his hind legs and put his front paws on your legs (or whatever else he can reach) if he feels he''s not getting sufficient attention. Too cute!!
36.gif
36.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bless you OmieLove
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 1:44:02 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
OMG I think Omie and my Ollie are long-lost cousins!!! What a gorgeous girl, and good for you for taking in a kitty with some behavioral issues - I volunteer a lot in a shelter near me and I see how long those kitties sometimes have to wait for a home. It sounds like you''ve given Omie all the love and patience she needed, and its clear from the pictures that she''s blossomed into a lovely pet - what a GORGEOUS girl she is
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Thank you so much for sharing her story and pictures - she is really a lovely-looking girl, and sounds like a total sweetie.

BTW, are anyone else''s Raggies really demanding of attention and love? I know Ollie is - he will stand up on his hind legs and put his front paws on your legs (or whatever else he can reach) if he feels he''s not getting sufficient attention. Too cute!!
36.gif
36.gif
I would have to agree, Omie and Ollie have similiar stories. I am just glad you were able to get him before he developed behavioral challenges. Ollie is definitely a handsome kitty...what are some of his personality quirks?

Since I had never had a cat before, my stipulation was that I wanted a cat that did not have litter box issues and one that did not get into things. My foster mom assured me that though Omie had personality challenges, she was a very good house guest. Omie has lived up to her reputation as she has never gotten into anything, I can leave out paper, food, etc and she does not touch anything without my permission. I knew I could work on the other stuff with her, I have a MA in psychology, so I have an understanding/appreciation for challenging behavior. I was able to use some of what I learned to help Omie adjust.

As far as attention getting, she will yell at me, swat at my legs, she will grab my arms...do just about anything to get my attention. She is almost as vocal as a Siamese, so I get an earful when I get home everyday!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 1:51:16 PM
Author: Lorelei
Bless you OmieLove
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks! She has been a gift that keeps on giving (furballs and all)
31.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/3/2007 1:55:06 PM
Author: omieluv

Date: 7/3/2007 1:51:16 PM
Author: Lorelei
Bless you OmieLove
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Thanks! She has been a gift that keeps on giving (furballs and all)
31.gif
hehehe.....
emcat.gif
emotion-41.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 7:18:49 AM
Author: rainbowtrout
cat on a plate! this is more what he looks like normally ;-)
Such a cute picture! Is chen a blue bi-color or a lilac? Since he is only 2, he will continue to change for another 2 years and will get darker. I have read that raggies are a slow to mature cat, taking as long as 4 years to mature. He looks rather dark now, so you may not see as dramatic of a change as you did when he was a kitten. I love his blaze on his nose, I have seen other raggies with that & it is so cute!
30.gif

If I could get another raggie, I would definitely consider a blue bi-color or a seal blue...hmmm...or maybe a blue lynx bi-color....

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, here is a picture of Omie's tummy, further showing that Ollie and her could be related (she has a similiar stripe). You can also see the underside of her chin, it's my favorite part, so I sneak in kisses when I can.

Omie.Tummy.Table.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/2/2007 7:18:19 PM
Author:Lynn B
In some other posts, we have been discussing how fun it would be to have a thread devoted just to our Ragdoll kitties. Now, we are first and foremost animal lovers... and we well know that there are many gorgeous and varied cats here on PS... pedigreed or *schmedigreed*
2.gif
-- and believe me, we love them all!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
But this thread is especially intended for Raggie owners/lovers (and their ''siblings'', of course!)

Stories and (LOTS OF!) photos, please!

So, I guess I''ll start! Our Ragdoll, Boo, is a (neutered) seal bi-color. He was born on 1/31/07, so he''s 5 months old now. We got him when he was 14 weeks old. He was from a litter of 3 little boys, and he currently weighs 6 pounds. He is soooo adorable, and sooooo sweet. He''s kissable, mushable and 100% *smooshable*!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
And we are thoroughly IN LOVE!

Here he is, (while he was still living with the breeder...)
Boo is so adorable!
30.gif
Thanks for starting this thread, it has been so much fun! His baby picture is so cute, you are so lucky to have kitten memories of him, that is my only wish with Omie. Someone else got to see her as a kitten and discarded her, that makes me so angry
38.gif

Bi-colors are so cute!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
AG darnit why can't Chloe and Holly snuggle like that?! ARGH! My problems would be solved. I am totally going to snorgle on Oliver's tufty feeties. *bonk*bonk*bonk*

Omie's story just had me from the start - so glad she got rescued and into a good home.
5.gif
People are idiots. Wanting a younger cat, younger than Omie was? Those people just don't 'get' it. It's not about that...it's about a little furry personality. One of my friends won't even meet Holly because he wants an 'orange' cat.
20.gif
My SIL's brother might take her though...keep your fingers crossed because they are super nice people!!

Chen just looks like a regal little fuzzy thing!!!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:22:27 PM
Author: FireGoddess
AG darnit why can''t Chloe and Holly snuggle like that?! ARGH! My problems would be solved. I am totally going to snorgle on Oliver''s tufty feeties. *bonk*bonk*bonk*

Omie''s story just had me from the start - so glad she got rescued and into a good home.
5.gif
People are idiots. Wanting a younger cat, younger than Omie was? Those people just don''t ''get'' it. It''s not about that...it''s about a little furry personality. One of my friends won''t even meet Holly because he wants an ''orange'' cat.
20.gif
My SIL''s brother might take her though...keep your fingers crossed because they are super nice people!!

Chen just looks like a regal little fuzzy thing!!!
I think they wanted a young kitten, not one so close to a year old. I can understand that b/c the early kitten years are adorable, but, that is why you do not give pets as gifts, unless you know for a fact that the person wants that particular animal!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results