shape
carat
color
clarity

Ragdoll "parents" -- this thread''s for you! Brag and post photos here!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh FG - I wish wish wish that Holly and Chloe could snuggle like that...I really am baffled by the issues they are still having with each other, and so sad for you that it has been and continues to be such a challenge and so stressful
7.gif
But feel free to snorgle the tufty feeties all you want - they really are so cute, and the tufts keep getting longer. He kind of gets his little pink tongue caught when he's trying to groom them sometimes now - so very very cute to watch...I think there a few more tufties shots in the pictures I still have to post
1.gif
That's great news that you might have someone interested in Holly though - I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed that it works out!! I agree with you about the personality - when we got Ollie, we had no idea he would grow into this gorgeous fluffy monster, just that he was a sweetheart and curled up in our arms and went to sleep purring when we first got him. I do think we'll stick with older kitty adoptions mostly from now on though - I do love the teeny tinies, but they almost always find good homes quickly, and the older kitties just tug at my heart strings. I do fall completely in love with their personalities - having worked a lot with both cats and dogs, I can really say that cats have A LOT more individual personality differences than dogs, and getting to know them is the best part of having a cat!

Omie - Ollie's quirks could fill pages...he really is a little clown. He has very little dignity (although he's growing into a bit of it) - he is very clumsy and tends to run into things, fall off of things, land badly when jumping off of things...we've had a lot of hours of laughter from that one. He LOVES paper - he will chew on it, tissues, paper towels, toilet paper...its all fair game. His favorite food treat is Fage (thick Greek yogurt) - he recognizes the specific sound of me opening one of those containers and comes running into the kitchen mewing for some, and stands on his hind legs with his front paws against the counter until he gets it. He doesn't have a very big meow - its more of a squeak, and sometimes he opens his mouth and nothing comes out. When he's frustrated about something, he makes a little "hmph" noise at the end of each meow, which just CRACKS me UP (and DH too) - its too funny!! I could go on for pages but will stop there before I'm banned from the Raggie thread for excessively long posts about my baby
1.gif

I totally feel you on the chin thing - Ollie's little asymmetrical chin cracks me up...its one of his favorite places to get scratchies, so that works nicely. Omie's tummy stripe does look A LOT like Ollie's - its really funny how much they have in common!

I will post another set of pictures before the end of the week - not sure when yet, as its a bit busy here at the lab...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:29:29 PM
Author: omieluv

Date: 7/3/2007 2:22:27 PM
Author: FireGoddess
AG darnit why can't Chloe and Holly snuggle like that?! ARGH! My problems would be solved. I am totally going to snorgle on Oliver's tufty feeties. *bonk*bonk*bonk*

Omie's story just had me from the start - so glad she got rescued and into a good home.
5.gif
People are idiots. Wanting a younger cat, younger than Omie was? Those people just don't 'get' it. It's not about that...it's about a little furry personality. One of my friends won't even meet Holly because he wants an 'orange' cat.
20.gif
My SIL's brother might take her though...keep your fingers crossed because they are super nice people!!

Chen just looks like a regal little fuzzy thing!!!
I think they wanted a young kitten, not one so close to a year old. I can understand that b/c the early kitten years are adorable, but, that is why you do not give pets as gifts, unless you know for a fact that the person wants that particular animal!
Oh they definitely are adorable, but anyone who's had one knows they can sometimes be terrors!!! I prefer to adopt older cats.
1.gif

Yes AG, the issues between Holly and Chloe are just upsetting. *sorry for the threadjack here* - I think that it's because they are both somewhat 'extreme' and neither at the moment straddles the 'line down the middle' for behavior. Holly is territorial because she had to be to survive, so she's more attackish than a normal cat might be, and Chloe is so pathologically terrified that she's more anxious than a normal cat might be, so it's hard to get them to play together or see that the other isn't so bad. Breaks my heart. Will be okay though, if my SIL's brother takes her so she'll still be in the family to an extent. I hope!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 2:32:58 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Omie - Ollie''s quirks could fill pages...he really is a little clown. He has very little dignity (although he''s growing into a bit of it) - he is very clumsy and tends to run into things, fall off of things, land badly when jumping off of things...we''ve had a lot of hours of laughter from that one. He LOVES paper - he will chew on it, tissues, paper towels, toilet paper...its all fair game. His favorite food treat is Fage (thick Greek yogurt) - he recognizes the specific sound of me opening one of those containers and comes running into the kitchen mewing for some, and stands on his hind legs with his front paws against the counter until he gets it. He doesn''t have a very big meow - its more of a squeak, and sometimes he opens his mouth and nothing comes out. When he''s frustrated about something, he makes a little ''hmph'' noise at the end of each meow, which just CRACKS me UP (and DH too) - its too funny!! I could go on for pages but will stop there before I''m banned from the Raggie thread for excessively long posts about my baby
1.gif

I will post another set of pictures before the end of the week - not sure when yet, as its a bit busy here at the lab...
Omie is not graceful either. She falls off of things all of the time and she needs pet steps to get into my bed. When she is frusterated, she is so loud, I never hear the end of her woes. It''s so cute that Ollie squeaks and makes little ''hmph'' sounds.

In addition to turkey, she loves ice cream, cake frosting and yogurt (anything with sugar).

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I totally forgot about this forum. At one point, I was an active member, but have not been there for a while. There is so much raggie stuff on here and the people are very nice. At the very least, you should take a look at the gallery, members are picture crazy and there are always kitten pictures.

Ragdoll Central

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh My Goodness, I love all these pics!! Such gorgeous kitties!!! Here is a pic of my big 19 lb boy, Godiva. He actually was a feral cat from my colony but my vet swears he has either ragdoll or maine coon in him. I think it might be ragdoll because when you pic him up he pretty much goes limp.

cmsdiverboy1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s another shot.....

cmsdiverboy.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Catmom - what a fitting name for your cat! Godiva is so lovely!!
30.gif
While there is no way to know for certain, it is possible Godiva could be a solid ragdoll. Solid ragdolls have exisited as long as the breed has been established and were used to enhance breeding programs. Though they are not recognized for showing, they are every bit as much of a ragdoll as pointed raggies are. Again, I am not sure if Godiva qualifies, but she is very lovely and does exhibit typical raggie behavior. Does her coat matt? Raggies have just 1 coat, while Persians & himmies have 2, which is part of the reason why they do not matt like Persians & himmies. Not sure about Maine Coons, though b/c I have heard they do not matt, but I could be wrong.

Here is a website you can read to learn more about solid raggies: http://www.solidragdoll.com/

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness, how wonderful this thread is!

First of all, thank you all for every post and picture! Everyone of these cats is so incredibly beautiful! And Ollie's and Omie's success stories are especially heartwarming... thank you!

Second, I wanna send a big tufty {HUG} to FG... and say that no apologies ACCEPTED, young lady, for "hi-jacking the thread" because NO OFFENSE incurred! You are just too, too sweet, and we LOVE your being here with us on this thread, and we will send every one of these kitties a huge hug and a smoosh from you; but ONLY if you promise to give Sweet Miss Chloe and Miss Holly the same from us! OK? OK! xoxoxox

Third... AG, I think your comment about breeders sending Raggies already neutered or spayed was very thoughtful, but probably also way too kind! In general, I honestly don't think it's as much of a concern for cat overpopulation or anything else altruistic, as much as it is them protecting their own pocketbooks, and not wanting anyone else making (and $$$selling$$$) baby Raggies. All-in-all, my breeder experience was disappointing (it was our first experience ever with a breeder of any kind, all our other pets have always been rescue). I would not buy from her again, or recommend her to anyone else; but I don't *regret* the experience because we are of course, totally happy with Boo and so very thrilled that we have him. He was the prize in this whole experience; but we have decided that he is probably wonderful in spite of her, and not because of her.
38.gif

Anyway, here's more pictures of our little tufted darling... here he is, less than 3 months old, and still living with the breeder...

BabyBoo2a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here is Upside-Down-Baby-Boo
2.gif
, and ooooh, lookie at those sweetie little tufted feeties!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BabyBoo_11a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
OH! OH! OH! AG, I almost forgot to comment on Ollie''s TAIL!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif
Goodness gracious! That thing is beautiful -- and HUGE! I LOVE it!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
It is SO awesome! And did I mention that its *HUGE*???! I think it could have its own zip code!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:25:03 PM
Author: Lynn B
Oh goodness, how wonderful this thread is!

Third... AG, I think your comment about breeders sending Raggies already neutered or spayed was very thoughtful, but probably also way too kind! In general, I honestly don''t think it''s as much of a concern for cat overpopulation or anything else altruistic, as much as it is them protecting their own pocketbooks, and not wanting anyone else making (and $$$selling$$$) baby Raggies. All-in-all, my breeder experience was disappointing (it was our first experience ever with a breeder of any kind, all our other pets have always been rescue). I would not buy from her again, or recommend her to anyone else; but I don''t *regret* the experience because we are of course, totally happy with Boo and so very thrilled that we have him. He was the prize in this whole experience; but we have decided that he is probably wonderful in spite of her, and not because of her.
38.gif
Sorry to hear you did not have a good experience with your breeder. I would ask about the details, but I do not want to ask you to go through the drama again (for your sake). If you ever want another raggie, visit that ragdoll central site I posted previously. These people care about raggies and only go to reputable breeders. In fact, there are a few breeders on the site that would be a great resource. Most people on this site work with breeders that do not allow kittens to go home until 12 weeks (some longer), since these cats tend to mature slower than typical cats. Those extra 4 weeks make a difference b/c that is extra time with mom...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you Lynn
face23.gif
xoxo - I have to live vicariously through all your precious tufty feeties because I can barely TAKE it they are so cute. I love this thread! Bonks to everyone. They look so fluffy I just want to bury my face in belly fur.

Catmom, Godiva is gorgeous - she looks like a dark chocolate truffle wearing a milk chocolate vest! purrrrr.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s Boo and Buster (my first love!
30.gif
) sitting on the guest bed, looking out the window. We have a bird feeder right outside the window, and many a happy hour is spent by those two, watching what we call "Bird TV"!!!

BusterBoo_11a1.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:39:09 PM
Thank you Lynn
face23.gif
xoxo - I have to live vicariously through all your precious tufty feeties because I can barely TAKE it they are so cute. I love this thread! Bonks to everyone. They look so fluffy I just want to bury my face in belly fur.
Boo says, "Bury away, Auntie FG!"
xoxoxo

BabyBoo_13.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
FG - I must warn you, though Omie's tummy looks inviting, she would never let you get near it! One of her diva habits is to stretch out and show you her tummy, but never let you touch it! I also have to agree with you on the kitten thing, though adorable, they are babies needing constant supervision...little devils!

Lynn - Boo and Buster are so cute! I am glad they have each other. Do yours chirp at birds? Omie makes these odd chirp noises anytime she spots a bird or insect..very odd. OMG, look at that tummy!!! They call that the "raggie flop"

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
*NAP time!* The best part of the day! (Well, at least the LARGEST!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif
)

BabyBoo_5.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Two lazy skallawags!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

BabyBoo_6a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I love how he rests with his little front feet folded underneath... soooooooo cute!

BabyBoo_10a.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
awww....lynn! boo is sooooo cute!

(i''m admiring your quilts in those pics too!)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
*BIIIIG* yawn! Goodness, he was sooooo tired. I think he''d been up for oh, I dunno, maybe 15 or 20 minutes?!!!
2.gif

BabyBoo_9a.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:52:22 PM
Author: belle

Thank you, Belle!
(I made every quilt in my house!)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Sleeping again!
I''m tellin'' you, these guys never get a DARNED THING done!
2.gif

BabyBoo_12a.jpg

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
OMG Lynn - I LOLed at that...its own ZIP CODE!! Too funny! But totally true - you''ll see its gotten even larger and more lush when I get around to posting the most recent pictures
9.gif

That picture of Boo sleeping on his back is...well...too cute for words, way too cute for me to be looking at at work (I almost started making little cooing noises at the computer!
23.gif
), and in all other ways, just not fair it is SO CUTE
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Its interesting what you say about the breeders. I don''t know if the same holds true for cats, but with dogs, it is so expensive to breed them properly, what with all the health testing, vet care, etc...that good, ethical breeders don''t actually make money on it - its a labor of love, trying to improve the breed. Without knowing more about the costs involved in breeding cats I don''t know if the same is true there, so I can''t ascribe motives on way or the other to the breeders in your area. You may be right that they are just looking out for their pocketbooks, but either way, the end result is something that should be more widespread and would certainly help reduce the millions of animals who are euthanized in shelters every year.

I really am so sorry about your experience with your breeder - it sounds like it just left a bad taste in your mouth and I totally don''t blame you. On the other hand, as you said, Boo is pretty much the best silver lining you could ask for - I''m so looking forward to seeing more pictures of him as he grows up!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Godiva is just gorgeous - I love FG''s description of a dark chocolate truffly with a milk chocolate vest - too funny!! What a beautiful kitty though. I can''t comment on the likelihood of him being a solid-color Ragdoll, but he''s certainly a beautiful addition to the thread - thanks for sharing!!
9.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
This is currently his favorite toy. It''s a hand-me-down
2.gif
from Mr. Buster.

IMG_1681.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Boo''s blue eyes are so darn human-like sometimes... just SO expressive. Plus with his mask... he always looks just a little *worried* or maybe a bit *befuddled*!
2.gif
We crack up over that sometimes!

IMG_1743.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
LOVE those wild "little old man" ear tufts... and he has the silliest whiskers... no two go the same direction!!!

IMG_1767.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:54:17 PM

Date: 7/3/2007 4:52:22 PM
Author: belle

Thank you, Belle!
(I made every quilt in my house!)
the kitties really are adorable!

(i am particularly envious of the one on the guest bed! look at all of that quilting! and circles! amazing woman!)

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
This is the one that is currently my avatar.

IMG_1742.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:46:09 PM

Date: 7/3/2007 4:39:09 PM
Thank you Lynn
face23.gif
Boo says, 'Bury away, Auntie FG!'
xoxoxo
omg snorgle snorgle snorgle. boo is all hair and that face! it will be great to see his color develop. omie, I would brave scratches and bites to get near that belly. I'm lucky that Chloe totally lets me stick my face right in her belly. It's taken 10 years though.
2.gif

I read somewhere that cat owners are significantly more likely to also feed the birds in their backyard. Something like 60% of bird feeders are bought by cat owners? Of course - it is entertainment for them! I bought one for Holly as well and put it right outside her window. She makes little short chirping sounds when a bird is out there. I've also bought petsitter DVDs for cats that have footage of birdies, you can play them when you're not at home. They even loop so they'll play all day. They're fantastic. http://petsittervideos.com/ Volume 2 is far superior to volume 1.
2.gif

ps. Lynn, you made those quilts?! W
30.gif
W!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/3/2007 4:56:30 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Godiva is just gorgeous - I love FG''s description of a dark chocolate truffly with a milk chocolate vest - too funny!! What a beautiful kitty though. I can''t comment on the likelihood of him being a solid-color Ragdoll, but he''s certainly a beautiful addition to the thread - thanks for sharing!!
9.gif
Can we give him the benefit of the doubt??
28.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results