shape
carat
color
clarity

New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answers

maebelle

Brilliant_Rock
Re: New Forum Troubleshooting-Please Post Questions and Answ

At least on my computer, it says I'm a trade person on my posts, which I am most definitely not. I saw another new person who also seemed to have the tag, but I can't figure out why, I want though the menu and seem to have regular member clicked everywhere

EDIT: I fixed it, but don't remember clicking it in the first place, perhaps its an accidental default?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock

I know this isn't imoprtant but whenever i post my avatar appears as the white screen with a red x but the picture is visible on my profile page? How can i fix this? TIA!!

oranges

Brilliant_Rock

i can not for the life of me figure out how to make a poll--- i really wanted to post one. can anybody pleaseeeee help me out ? :blackeye:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

maebelle said:
At least on my computer, it says I'm a trade person on my posts, which I am most definitely not. I saw another new person who also seemed to have the tag, but I can't figure out why, I want though the menu and seem to have regular member clicked everywhere

EDIT: I fixed it, but don't remember clicking it in the first place, perhaps its an accidental default?

It seems some settings did not cross over correctly. We are fixing this as we see it so please send us a quick email ([email protected]) if you are someone reading this who still has this problem and I will fix it for you.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

arjunajane said:
Hi Ella,

not sure if this has been addressed, but can you please tell me more about the search function?

I am finding it very challenging and laborious to use, for example:
if I search on "Afghan tourmaline", every single reply from only the most recent thread that has been created comes up, but nothing else.
I am looking for older threads / posts which I know are there, but are not showing up..

Also, do you think they plan to keep it that way so that the search results are shown one by one all of the individual posts, rather than as thread titles or topics like in the old search?
This seems a bit ineffective is all..

Sorry, I hate to complain but I really like being able to do effective searches.

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide.
aj ::)

Please read the rest of the thread. This has been addressed a few times. Basic message is: the search is not yet working quite right.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Circe said:
Something a bit odd for me: the case of the amazing disappearing post. I left a reply in Fiery's "American Items" thread in Hangout, and saw it post (both in the thread, and on the column where you see the last poster), but when I checked in a bit later, it was gone. Is the "Submit" button as opposed to the "Post" button subject to approval, or ...?

We have heard this a few times and we will look into it. If anyone else has this problem please email me and let me know the circumstances such as which thread you were replying to, what browser, what your login name is, etc.

The submit button does not have any different feature.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock

Happy to report that IE is now letting me see photos. :appl:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I received a notification of a post but when I follow the link I get a 404 message

links not good.jpg

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

risingsun said:
I stil cannot post pics that are in my image gallery. I can't find a way to scroll through them. Please advise.

Hi risingsun,

It is very easy. If you go to the post you wish to use a photo in, then click Img, it should take you to your image gallery. Just double click on the photo and it should insert it into the post.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

Ella said:
risingsun said:
I stil cannot post pics that are in my image gallery. I can't find a way to scroll through them. Please advise.

Hi risingsun,

It is very easy. If you go to the post you wish to use a photo in, then click Img, it should take you to your image gallery. Just double click on the photo and it should insert it into the post.

What is happening is that I click on IMG and a small square with a few pics appears. I cannot access any of my other photos. I can't enlarge the page to see if there is the capability to even try to access them. Is it something I'm not doing or is this a bug in the system? Thanks for your help, Ella ::)

hawaiianorangetree said:
I know this isn't imoprtant but whenever i post my avatar appears as the white screen with a red x but the picture is visible on my profile page? How can i fix this? TIA!!

Try making the image smaller, and/ or renaming it

I'm wondering if eventually you could allow the % symbol in the part of user profiles in the "ring specs" part :?: :?: :?:

P.s. every time I try to post this message I get an error screen that says "Safari can’t open the page.
Safari can’t open the page “/user The error is: “cannot decode raw data” (NSURLErrorDomain:-1015) Please choose Safari > Report Bugs to Apple, note the error number, and describe what you did before you saw this message."

gemdandy

Shiny_Rock

I can't see full photos. I see maybe the first 1/4 of the top of the photograph.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

I found that my signature worked, but again, only 1 time.

Here is the signature which I cannot seem to get saved when I submit it. It simply disappears from the "Edit" page.

<p>David S. Atlas GG(GIA) Sr Mbr(NAJA) ASG(AGA)</p>
<p><a href="http://datlas.com/tools.htm">Ideal-Scope, ASET, Tools</a></p>
<p><a href="http://datlasestates.com/">Jewelry Buyer</a></p>
<p><a href="http://dglaservices.com/">Diamond Appraiser</a></p>

Also, I have updated the "Appraiser" profile, but it will not post to where consumers can view it on the Google Map link of my name.

Hera

Ideal_Rock

can someone tell me how to change the time, I've looked everywhere.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

heraanderson - to change the time go to "my account" under the "my pages" tab over on the top right. Then go to "edit". Down at the bottom there is where you change your time zone.

I am having minor login issues the last few days. Say I log in on my computer. Then I come back that evening or the next day, and open up pricescope again. I click on "log in to PS here". It brings me to my account page, and says "welcome porridge". However there is no log in option and I can't reply to posts. I've managed to get around it by going to "edit membership", where I can log in. Maybe I should log out before closing my browser and shutting down my computer? But I never had that problem before. I have tried on both Safari and Firefox and it's the same problem with both.

ETA heraanderson, now that you mentioned time I just checked mine and it's an hour behind! I set it to Europe-Dublin, and it is now 22:18 here, not 21:18 as it says on my post!

Hera

Ideal_Rock

Thank you Porridge, maybe it's the glitch that someone reported earlier about the military time.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

Porridge said:
heraanderson - to change the time go to "my account" under the "my pages" tab over on the top right. Then go to "edit". Down at the bottom there is where you change your time zone.

I am having minor login issues the last few days. Say I log in on my computer. Then I come back that evening or the next day, and open up pricescope again. I click on "log in to PS here". It brings me to my account page, and says "welcome porridge". However there is no log in option and I can't reply to posts. I've managed to get around it by going to "edit membership", where I can log in. Maybe I should log out before closing my browser and shutting down my computer? But I never had that problem before. I have tried on both Safari and Firefox and it's the same problem with both.

ETA heraanderson, now that you mentioned time I just checked mine and it's an hour behind! I set it to Europe-Dublin, and it is now 22:18 here, not 21:18 as it says on my post!

Hi Porrridge,

It seems to be a time out glitch. If that happens go to the home page then click on my pages tab and then log out. you should be able to log in after wards with no problems.

We are looking into it and hope to have that fixed soon.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock

psadmin said:
Porridge said:

Hi Porrridge,

It seems to be a time out glitch. If that happens go to the home page then click on my pages tab and then log out. you should be able to log in after wards with no problems.

We are looking into it and hope to have that fixed soon.
That worked. Thanks! ;))

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oldminer said:
I found that my signature worked, but again, only 1 time.

Here is the signature which I cannot seem to get saved when I submit it. It simply disappears from the "Edit" page.

<p>David S. Atlas GG(GIA) Sr Mbr(NAJA) ASG(AGA)</p>
<p><a href="http://datlas.com/tools.htm">Ideal-Scope, ASET, Tools</a></p>
<p><a href="http://datlasestates.com/">Jewelry Buyer</a></p>
<p><a href="http://dglaservices.com/">Diamond Appraiser</a></p>

Also, I have updated the "Appraiser" profile, but it will not post to where consumers can view it on the Google Map link of my name.
Dave...i'm having the same problem. :confused:

cara

Ideal_Rock

Is there any easy way to reach an arbitrary page of a long thread? I used to just edit the page number in the http address, but it seems that there is a new system of labeling pages in long threads so it is not straightforward.

For example, I was skimming through the 68-page long baby-stuff thread and was somewhere around page 35 but then lost that browser tab. To get back to page 35, if I start at page 68 I can then move 4 pages or so at a time down (since the options listed are to go directly to page 1...64 65 66 67 68 when I am start on page 68). Then I am on page 64 and can move another few pages down... this will take forever! For reference, the address to page 68 is:

family-home-health/preggo-stuff-baby-stuff-toddler-stuff-post-your-best-finds-here-t81185-2010.html

So I am not sure how to edit it to go directly to page 35, say. It used to be obvious, however.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

cara said:
Is there any easy way to reach an arbitrary page of a long thread? I used to just edit the page number in the http address, but it seems that there is a new system of labeling pages in long threads so it is not straightforward.

For example, I was skimming through the 68-page long baby-stuff thread and was somewhere around page 35 but then lost that browser tab. To get back to page 35, if I start at page 68 I can then move 4 pages or so at a time down (since the options listed are to go directly to page 1...64 65 66 67 68 when I am start on page 68). Then I am on page 64 and can move another few pages down... this will take forever! For reference, the address to page 68 is:

family-home-health/preggo-stuff-baby-stuff-toddler-stuff-post-your-best-finds-here-t81185-2010.html

So I am not sure how to edit it to go directly to page 35, say. It used to be obvious, however.

gotopageimage.png

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock

I quit~~~ I have tried to change the time setting. I have done what I was told. Gone to my page, edit..Click on America _ New York. I still get military time. And knowing Nan, it's really not military time.. I don't know what time it is, but tis driving me nutso... :sick:

I know, minor, and I get that...

Also I am a stats person. I loved seeing how many posts were made on PS. We all celebrated once PS hit a million posts and again celebrated when PS hit the 2 Million mark.

I don't see that on PS 2.0.

Like I said, Minor....But if there is room to have this, it's fun to watch.... :))

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock

I've tried multiple times to reset my time zone and tried logging out and back in and tried again. It's so far off it's actually showing it's tomorrow.

Erik Carlson GG

Rough_Rock
Trade

My company does not show up on the google maps for local jewelers. Joe Escobar Diamonds

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

Kaleigh said:
I quit~~~ I have tried to change the time setting. I have done what I was told. Gone to my page, edit..Click on America _ New York. I still get military time. And knowing Nan, it's really not military time.. I don't know what time it is, but tis driving me nutso... :sick:

This problem is driving me nutty too. I am getting so confused with what is new and when people posted. The timezones don't seem right.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium

We are working on the timezone and military time issues. Thank you for letting us know.

I would like to ask that everyone focus this thread only on problems they are having and PLEASE read the thread beforehand to make sure your problem has not been addressed already.

The fewer times we have to answer the same question the more time we can spend fixing the problems. :))

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock

I made a new post and it says I have a reply but I see nothing when I open the topic.

There, a new problem! :praise:

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock

I have gotten a "504 Gateway Time-out" error about 10 times today.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results