shape
carat
color
clarity

Three RH Amethyst Briolettes

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like it will be a lovely setting(s) for your stones. You were so creative in coming up with the necklace and the detachable Briolettes. Very cool. Hope it gets done soon!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
They're here!!!! I picked up the finished project today. I'll begin with a neck shot showing the amethyst briolettes all on necklaces. I had thought the two chains would hang closer together, but the designer likes these lengths, so I'm going to give it a try.

AmTrio6810.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
The longer chain.

AmTwin6820.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Set as earrings and a matching necklace.

AmTrio6874.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Side shot. These are gorgeous stones!
30.gif

AmTrio6881.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
First ear shot.

AmEar6840.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Other side. I normally don''t like earrings that move on my ears, but I''m finding that these are pretty comfortable. It is probably because the huggies are fairly sturdy and don''t tug at my ears much.

AmEar6868.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A flower shot with the larger briolette on a necklace next to one of my daylilies.

AmDaylily6901.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I also picked up the blue chalcedony drops I ordered from the designer. I can interchange them with the amethyst briolettes.

Blue6869.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
A mixed set.

MixedSet6855.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
As an earring.

BlueEar6823.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Glowing in the sun.

Blue6916a.JPG

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
All five stones together.

AllFive6888.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Fabulous! What a wonderful project. You must have had so much fun Flygirl. And it''s all so versitile. Gorgeous!

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yay! They look wonderful! I can''t decide if I like the amethysts or the chalcedony better. How nice to have the option of earrings or drops for a necklace.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Gaily and Cindy. The amethysts are gorgeous, but the chalcedony really compliments my coloring. I think I will wear both of them a lot, depending on the clothing I''m wearing that day.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set, they''re wonderful. I think you''re right the blue ones look especially nice on you.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Yay Fly Girl - they''re beautiful! I''ve never been a big fan of chalcedony before, but those are the most luminous I''ve ever seen. Maybe I''ve only seen cheap, poor quality chalcedony before. I love the yellow gold too, it looks very rich - is it 18K? And I''m glad you''re now a drop-earring convert, because they look very elegant that way.

I think you may have explained this before, but is the shorter necklace completely separate from the longer one? And is that larger briolette fixed (non-removable)? It''s interesting that she designed it that way - I never would have thought to do that.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 10:57:29 PM
Author: cellentani
Yay Fly Girl - they''re beautiful! I''ve never been a big fan of chalcedony before, but those are the most luminous I''ve ever seen. Maybe I''ve only seen cheap, poor quality chalcedony before. I love the yellow gold too, it looks very rich - is it 18K? And I''m glad you''re now a drop-earring convert, because they look very elegant that way.

I think you may have explained this before, but is the shorter necklace completely separate from the longer one? And is that larger briolette fixed (non-removable)? It''s interesting that she designed it that way - I never would have thought to do that.
Thanks, cellentani. I know you have been waiting for this project. The shorter necklace is completely separate. The larger briolette is simply a pendant on the shorter necklace. I can change it to another necklace if I want to wear it solo and have it hang a bit longer. She used 14k gold. The blue chalcedony drops are exquisite. She had two matched pairs of them, but she told me today that she sold the other pair after she showed the customer my earrings. She told me that she picked them up in Tucson about 10 years ago. I was looking through her loose gemstone collection and picked them out. They pop against the purple amethyst, which are incredibly beautiful in their own right.

I am wearing my new amethyst earrings tonight and my 20 year old told me that these are the largest earrings she has ever seen me wear.
9.gif

Thank you, Lovinggems. The jeweler has similar coloring to me, and was lamenting selling the second pair and not keeping them for herself. I love these blue drops.
2.gif

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
They''re all very beautiful! What a great project!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Love them both! I have always been attracted to briolette shape gemstones and now I am really liking chalcedony!
18.gif
3.gif

Enjoy wearing them!
1.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Thank you packrat and megeve.

I''m enjoying following your projects as well. Best wishes to both of you.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 8:57:51 PM
Author: Fly Girl
They''re here!!!! I picked up the finished project today. I''ll begin with a neck shot showing the amethyst briolettes all on necklaces. I had thought the two chains would hang closer together, but the designer likes these lengths, so I''m going to give it a try.
Me too, I''d like to see that option to compare....

Everything turned out wonderful FG!! And those blue chalcedony''s, glowing in the sun? Be still my heart! Wow.
30.gif

Congrats on your beautiful (and very versatile) goodies miss!
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous design, so versitile.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/1/2009 11:02:02 AM
Author: Ellen

Date: 7/31/2009 8:57:51 PM
Author: Fly Girl
They''re here!!!! I picked up the finished project today. I''ll begin with a neck shot showing the amethyst briolettes all on necklaces. I had thought the two chains would hang closer together, but the designer likes these lengths, so I''m going to give it a try.
Me too, I''d like to see that option to compare....

Everything turned out wonderful FG!! And those blue chalcedony''s, glowing in the sun? Be still my heart! Wow.
30.gif

Congrats on your beautiful (and very versatile) goodies miss!
36.gif
Thank you, Ellen. I do own another chain that could be substitued for the shorter chain, which would allow the stones to hang closer together. It''s yellow gold, so that part matches, but the link style is a bit heavier. Still, it is a possibility.

Thank you also, mochi. I''m having fun today, wearing the different combos.
2.gif

QueenB29

Shiny_Rock
Wow. How beautiful!!! I love how it''s interchangable and you have so many different pieces of jewelry! Congratulations!
10.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are done!
36.gif
I was wondering when they will be ready and must have missed this update. They look great as expected!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
They came out looking great! I love the huggies and earring charms especially.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/3/2009 4:44:43 PM
Author: Kismet
They came out looking great! I love the huggies and earring charms especially.
Thank you Beth and Chrono! I''m loving them. It makes a difference, having high quality stones and designer work. I''m wearing these a lot, and in various ways, depending on my clothes and mood.
1.gif

Kismet - Thank you for the pictures of your earring charms. I''ve been a stud gal for years, but I am now converted to huggies and earring charms.

I need more charms.
3.gif
I think that you have helped to create a monster.
9.gif
11.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those really came out great! How fun!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results