shape
carat
color
clarity

The Prince''s Mint Garnet & Other Gems - My Entire Collection

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Aquamarine, 2.27ct, faint blue.

Loose Gem Home Pictures11.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Zircon, 4.45ct

Loose Gem Home Pictures19.jpg

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
That's it for now!

I am waiting for 3 more gems to be shipped from Gene, including this 2.69ct Mali Garnet he cut for me.
3.gif

Please don't ask me what are my plans about my gems, because I don't have any budget left!!! I just can't control myself - I spent all my allowance (got a setting picked for the big sapphire) on buying more stones! Settings can come later, I guess.

Garnet Mali.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my-what a gorgeous collection!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Glad you didn''t get it
27.gif

Date: 2/22/2009 8:31:29 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I now have to kick myself in the, excuse me, blank blank, for not getting that mint garnet when I had the chance. You have such a good eye for gemstones Yingh. Your collection is just spectacular. More pics!!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL collection - absolutely gorgeous
30.gif
36.gif

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow! Wow! Wow! Beautiful collection!!!

I really wanted that 3.73 ct garnet, but I had a setting I was trying to find a stone for and that one was just too big. The color looks so pretty.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
WOWZERS, gorgeous collection, drool drool
30.gif
30.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/22/2009 8:58:37 PM
Author: yingh
Can forget my 5.67ct sapphire from Thailand, seller claim it is unheated. Independent appraiser said what he saw could indicate no heat or very very low heat. Need to send it to AGTA one day.
ooooo, I love this!!!
30.gif
30.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous collection. Lovely colors.
36.gif

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I've posted this years ago but just in case you didn't see it. I am saving them to make a charm bracelet for my girl when she turns 12 or 16? Rhodolite garnets.

Garnet_Rhodolite Stars-1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/22/2009 10:18:02 PM
Author: yingh
I''ve posted this years ago but just in case you didn''t see it. I am saving them to make a charm bracelet for my girl when she turns 12 or 16? Rhodolite garnets.
Those are so adorable!!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
I love your taste in huge stones with pink/orange/red and yellow shades. Your collection is to die for!!!

*drool drool*

3.gif
18.gif
3.gif
18.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
AMAZING COLORS.....I KEEP STARING AT THEM.......AWESOME COLLECTION!!!!
30.gif

Lori

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
LOVE LOVE LOVE your collection! ESPECIALLY the mali garnets!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
You have a drool-worthy collection! I am totally envious. Thanks so much for posting pics!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous collection!! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gorgeous collection yingh!!!!!
30.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
yingh, each one is stunning. I am drooling over that last Mali garnet - yummy.
I love the fact you posted the vendor pics too - thanks.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh, Yingh! Your collection is truly amazing! That mint and your most recent Mali are in my "covet" file! DROOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Excuse me, I gotta go lie down!

Lovely, lovely stones!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Your collection is just stunning and so colorful! Do you take it out sometimes and just play with them?? I admit, I do that often with my stones. My DH thinks I''m nuts!

zeolite

Brilliant_Rock
Fabulous collection. I love garnets and spinels. The 2.69 Mali and its cut is superb!

My little color changing sapphire, 1.16ct. The one facing down give a hint how the night time purple color looks like. I tried to picture the purple, but as soon as the flash light shins, it turns to be blue. Anyone have tips?

Daylight has more cool colors (more blue). Incandescent bulbs (light bulbs) have more red. The flash on your camera is designed to imitate daylight, so it has a lot of blue light. So if you photograph with daylight or flash, you get the same cool blue color.

You should steady your camera somehow, with a tripod or on a book, and turn off the flash (or put cardboard in front of the flash, if you can't turn it off). Maybe bring in two or 3 light bulbs to get enough light to make the exposure very short, so that the picture is not blurred by motion of the camera.

Then light the sapphire with only light bulbs, and you will get the purple color that you want. Purple is a combination of blue and red (and without the light bulbs, you have very little red).

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for everyone's kind words, glad you like them!

Mochi, yes I do take them out to play. Almost every night recently. My kids are allowed to watch, or hold it in the little case. My little girl asked, 'Mommy, can I show it to Rachel when she comes for our play date?' She got a firm firm NO from mommy.

Zeolite, thanks for sharing the lighting tips, I will try it out - first need to find the light bulbs. Maybe taking the shades off my lamps? My DH already thought that I've gone too far
5.gif

When I got my new shipments, I will post the pictures again.

Date: 2/23/2009 11:06:48 PM
Author: mochi
Your collection is just stunning and so colorful! Do you take it out sometimes and just play with them?? I admit, I do that often with my stones. My DH thinks I'm nuts!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
I followed advise on lighting and was able to capture the color change on the sapphire. Just want to share.
21.gif

Loose Gem Home Pictures22.jpg

azelismia

Rough_Rock
Trade
What a fantastic collection, thanks for sharing! :)

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful collection.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results