shape
carat
color
clarity

James Meyer-Sale?

briolette

Shiny_Rock
OOoh. That is a sweet pendant.
I kind of want one of his rings. The FI and I talked about a James Meyer but needed more time to save up more $$. Sigh...

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got something!

I'm really happy with it because I can wear it with everything.

1227.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I covet the bracelet w/the tiny rose-cut diamond. So nice! So too expensive for me!

--- Laurie

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Congrats!
How difficult is the ordering process? Do you just email him with the item number? Does he resize for you?
(I wear a size 4...not sure if his rings are resizeable. I guess I could just ask him!)

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty BN!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
briolette|1290543091|2777028 said:
Congrats!
How difficult is the ordering process? Do you just email him with the item number? Does he resize for you?
(I wear a size 4...not sure if his rings are resizeable. I guess I could just ask him!)

I ordered two rings from James Meyer in the past. Below is my experience.

The first one is a wedding band and was made to order. I contacted him via email. He seems to check his emails once or twice a day. After some discussion, I decided to go with a certain style (WED-G). Then, I told him what I wanted to be engraved inside, and mailed him a check (full payment) with a silver band for sizing. The payment was made before he started to work on my ring.

The second one is pre-made, and I just ordered it this morning (see below). I asked him about the size. He said for this particular ring, it would be fairly easy to size it down (by a quarter size) to 7.5. I mailed in a check (again, with a silver band for sizing), and he will resize the ring and then have it engraved, etc.

Hope it helps!

1280.jpg

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
briolette|1290543091|2777028 said:
Congrats!

I emailed him and called. He was about to respond to my email when I got him on the phone, so he obviously checks his email pretty often (particularly today, I imagine!). I payed over the phone with a credit card. And he can re-size the rings-- I wear a size 4.5.

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
baby nurse|1290542549|2777016 said:
I got something!

I'm really happy with it because I can wear it with everything.

Congratulations, I really like that one!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Babynurse, as you would expect I totally love that piece!! :appl: :appl: :love:
Congratulations!!!

baby nurse

Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1290549356|2777167 said:
Congratulations!!!

Looks similar to what you were working on, VL!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
baby nurse|1290551182|2777203 said:
VapidLapid|1290549356|2777167 said:
Congratulations!!!

Looks similar to what you were working on, VL!

I wish what I was working on looked like that! Maybe someday if Im lucky. I like the learning process, and it gives me a better appreciation for the real work and talent of those who make...stuff like what you got!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Congrats to all the ladies who purchased a little piece of JM art. :appl:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats to all the new JM jewellery owners – you now own fabulous pieces of art. I still haven’t decided which ones I love most as I feel like a child in a candy store.

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
Code:
Chrono|1290603586|2777951 said:
Congrats to all the new JM jewellery owners – you now own fabulous pieces of art. I still haven’t decided which ones I love most as I feel like a child in a candy store.

I really wish James Meyer had more pieces made in white gold.. Yellow gold does not look good on me. The ring I got is for my DH, who likes yellow gold. I love several rings, pendants, and earrings, but they are all in yellow gold.. The good news is, Mr. Meyer promised he would look for a stone for me in Tucson show and then make a white gold ring :naughty: . I am very excited to see what he will find. :bigsmile:

By the way, Mr. Meyer told me he would have an open house on Dec. 4th and 5th, at which time many pieces will be sold. Thought you would want to know! :tongue:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Wow you guys! Those are beautiful and at a great price too. Congrats!

I'm a little envious because I love his pieces but can't buy anything right now. I own one ring by him and it's so well made and comfortable. I wear it all the time. It's a spess in white gold.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sigh...most of the ones I had an eye on aren't on sale...doh.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My feeling is - whichever you buy, will be a timepiece soon.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
BabyNurse, that was my favorite!!! I'm so glad it is going to a PSer.

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
congrats baby nurse & cookie - you will have to post plenty of pics when they arrive

:appl: :appl: :appl:

lots of Jim's stunning pieces have been snapped up I see... we'll have to dig up the JM thread or start a new one!!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pea green with envy for those of you who got something. His jewelry really speaks to me.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait...it is vendor photo, but I liked it...

I liked Mr. Meyer's Romanesque style. Here is the pendant I bought. I planned to buy one of his sapphire pieces but then remembered that I bought between two and three this year (one of them is between a ruby and a sapphire). So I decided to stop. His items are pieces of art, I can not judge them by our usual standards.

jmromanes111.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Everything appears to be sold! Does he set others stones in his settings--or does he supply (only)?

cheers--Sharon

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal|1291084338|2782309 said:
HI:

Everything appears to be sold! Does he set others stones in his settings--or does he supply (only)?

cheers--Sharon

He used to set stones belonging to clients but then stopped and only used his own stones. And now he is getting out of making jewelry to pursue other interests and that is why everything was on sale.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please, continue posting if anyone else bought anything! They are great for the prices!

quintilis

Rough_Rock
heliotrope|1290114571|2771797 said:
well - he cut back on taking outside stones about 6 months ago as he wanted to focus on print making and furniture making again

he has many amazing talents from what I learnt on my one visit to his studio (so far from my home in AU) last year

from what he tells me - he wants to spend more time in other areas these days for a change

I have been lurking here for AGES and came out of hiding just to ask if you might know if he will continue working on only a few pieces/yr, or is he stopping his jewelry work completely? I love his jewelry but I can't afford a piece right now. I would hate to miss out getting one of his pieces!

cookies

Brilliant_Rock
quintilis|1291759431|2790213 said:
well - he cut back on taking outside stones about 6 months ago as he wanted to focus on print making and furniture making again

he has many amazing talents from what I learnt on my one visit to his studio (so far from my home in AU) last year

from what he tells me - he wants to spend more time in other areas these days for a change

I have been lurking here for AGES and came out of hiding just to ask if you might know if he will continue working on only a few pieces/yr, or is he stopping his jewelry work completely? I love his jewelry but I can't afford a piece right now. I would hate to miss out getting one of his pieces!

In Mr. Meyer's letter to the public, he said he is still going to do a very limited amount of jewelry making. I know he will look for a stone for me at the upcoming Tucson gem show, and then make a ring with it. But I talked to him about this back in October. I don't know how he is going to decide what project to take on, what not to. It might be a good idea to just call or email him and ask the possibility. He is a very nice man!

quintilis

Rough_Rock
Cookie|1291774954|2790447 said:
quintilis|1291759431|2790213 said:

In Mr. Meyer's letter to the public, he said he is still going to do a very limited amount of jewelry making. I know he will look for a stone for me at the upcoming Tucson gem show, and then make a ring with it. But I talked to him about this back in October. I don't know how he is going to decide what project to take on, what not to. It might be a good idea to just call or email him and ask the possibility. He is a very nice man!

Thank you! I sent him an e-mail just to see. :)

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Anyone received their new JM piece?

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
I bought this - so glad. I'd been drooling over this since the start of the year.
It'll take time to get to me because I'm in Belgium and we didn't FedEx.

Be worth every moment of waiting. I really didn't think I'd ever own it and only could because of the sale. I'd saved this in my 'I wish' folder under the file name 'sighhhhhh' :twirl:

sighhh.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results