carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Re: Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

eos512 Nice colour tourmalines. They looks like twins in terms of colour. The oval one look velvety in the photo. Is it velvety in reality?

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

My final projects before the ban starts... (I know I keep saying that but next year is going to be very slow for me in terms of gems and jewelry due to real-life stuff).

These are going into simple bezel stacking rings:
10.5mm pink cats eye tourmaline, 10x8mm Holly lavender chalcedony (from Sweet Home, Oregon), and a 10x8mm Sri Lankan moonstone from Barry. You can see a video of the cats eye at https://vid.me/nzB8

chalcedonyandtourmaline.jpg moonstone_6.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beautiful tourmalines eos512! What are your plans?
RFisher - NEED to see more pictures of your killer ring...a stunning combination that highlights the paraiba with great finger coverage...right up my alley!
mochiko - Can't wait to see the stacker rings when done...a great collection of beautiful cabs!

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock

Some great new additions everyone.

I'm having Uli cut me a black spinel in his optimised round brilliant cut.

I have two settings in mind, an of favourite of mine from single stone wb6q460qk3jipt7c--w1hopwjy69cu-xakgol7tzn1tg4qgctwsawmwqqruxcqmf33cvvexgzcvl0xy0d4n_w384-h384-nc.jpg

Or a twist on an 8 prong with diamond sides 2016-12-31_22.png
2016-12-31_22.png 2016-12-31_21_1.png 2016-12-31_21_0.png 2016-12-31_21.png

I also have a Mahegne spinel parcel I could use for side stones instead of diamonds.

eos512

Shiny_Rock

pwsg07|1483141915|4110902 said:
eos512 Nice colour tourmalines. They looks like twins in terms of colour. The oval one look velvety in the photo. Is it velvety in reality?
Well a tiny bit velvety but not as much as in the phoho. Overall it is a nice color in real life.

eos512

Shiny_Rock

lilmosun|1483157796|4110972 said:
Beautiful tourmalines eos512! What are your plans?
RFisher - NEED to see more pictures of your killer ring...a stunning combination that highlights the paraiba with great finger coverage...right up my alley!
mochiko - Can't wait to see the stacker rings when done...a great collection of beautiful cabs!
I am just collecting stones for fun, so no plans for setting

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

My new sapphire and emerald ring.
untitled_66.png

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1486414063|4124978 said:
untitled_66.png

That is MAGNIFICENT!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you! I have been lusting after this ring for years but it is so heavy:

yellow_0.jpg

My ring is much smaller and does not feel like it is dragging my hand down :lol:

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper|1486414063|4124978 said:
untitled_66.png

LOVE this! The emerald's color are really nice too.
Profile/gallery shot?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Vesper that is AMAZING!!!!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

The profile is not terribly interesting. I do like how low it is.
unnamed_71.jpg
unnamed__1__7.jpg

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

My legrandite necklace is done. I had the ring above made to wear with it. It turned out so much better than I expected. I am going to be annoying and post it twice because I am so excited and no one in real life (or here THB) cares. :lol: It is based off of an Aztec headdress and the stone is the face.

unnamed__3__3.jpg
download_18.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Vesper That mayan inspired Legrandite pendant is as awesome as I hoped it would be . I had really really high hopes. Pre-colombian designs are so interesting to me. I love there organic lines. So very happy for you. I would like to see it more and more. Maybe a neck shot!

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Sungura|1486772952|4127297 said:
Vesper That mayan inspired Legrandite pendant is as awesome as I hoped it would be . I had really really high hopes. Pre-colombian designs are so interesting to me. I love there organic lines. So very happy for you. I would like to see it more and more. Maybe a neck shot!
I am completely in love. I started to look at legrandite because is oxidized arsenic and my Grandmother's favorite movie was " Arsenic and Old Lace." Then I really fell in love with it. One of the reasons my I appreciate my jeweler so much is he appreciates jewelry as an art and a science. When I met with him he would discuss the importance of the stone (something not everyone believes in) and he stressed how important it was to respect the stone and the Aztec images. The whole process was really beautiful and sounds silly when I write it. I just can't believe the time he put into it. He literally met with a geologist to make sure he was handlingthe stone.

img_20170210_194114.jpg

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for the necklace shot vesper the pendant is a nice size. I'm really in love with this piece. You have such a nice and varied collection. Perhaps you can create a thread for your collection

S

SparkliesLuver

Although I haven't been on PS much, my mind has been extremely focused on CS. Here are several of my recent purchases (and splurges). I'll post more about each one once I begin the setting process, which will probably be 2018 at the earliest. I'm excited to share these with you! :)

1. Afghan tourmaline
3.93cts, 8.98 x 8.98mm
Faceted by Jeff White
*Received

2. Nigerian copper-bearing heated tourmaline
1.45cts, 7.15 x 7.15mm
Faceted by Jeff White
*En route; plan to send to AGL

3. Afghan Gamata mine tourmalines
2.42cts, 6.6mm x 8mm
1.42tcw, 4.7mm
Faceted by Jeff White many years ago; purchased from Julia Kay Taylor
*En route

4. Cobalt spinels
.65ct and .55ct
*Received; plan to send to AGL

5. Pink spinels
5.25mm and 4mm (I already have a design for this ring - been waiting for the perfect pair of stones)
Faceted by Ryan Quantz
*Received

jw_afghantourmaline.jpg

jw_nigeriancopperbearingtourmaline.jpg

gamatatourms.jpg

_39139.jpg

S

SparkliesLuver

Oh, and I had this ring made with hauyne melee. I absolutely love it! And I plan to make one with paraiba melee.

hauynering.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver you're giving me some serious feels over those new gems. That top afghan tourmaline is to die for. Seriously gorgeous color! :love: :love: So much blue green goodness.

Did you have Jeff cut that 3+ct tourmaline for you? I don't remember seeing it in the gem scoop.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you so much, elle! :) I've been after these colors for years without much luck at all. Yes, I did have him cut both tourmalines for me.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope you post some more pics of them in hand. They are truly lovely! :love:

S

SparkliesLuver

I definitely will once I start the actual projects as I don't want to overload people here with pictures. Thank you again!! :)

austinj

Shiny_Rock

Oh please please overload us with pictures!! And happy to see you finally got your cobalt spinel! How do they look in real life? And please more pics of your cooper bearing tourmaline when it gets to you!! :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

austinj|1489078031|4138450 said:
Oh please please overload us with pictures!! And happy to see you finally got your cobalt spinel! How do they look in real life? And please more pics of your cooper bearing tourmaline when it gets to you!! :love:

Right! We can't possibly be overloaded with pics. I, for one, love to look at tons of pics. :naughty:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Woohoo! Great additions Sparkliesluver!!

PrecisionGem

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Vesper|1486671020|4126668 said:
My legrandite necklace is done. I had the ring above made to wear with it. It turned out so much better than I expected. I am going to be annoying and post it twice because I am so excited and no one in real life (or here THB) cares. :lol: It is based off of an Aztec headdress and the stone is the face.

unnamed__3__3.jpg
download_18.jpg

I really like this! To me, rough gems are more interesting than cut, I could picture myself owning something like this.
Currently I don't own a singe stone.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SparkliesLuver|1489068387|4138367 said:
Although I haven't been on PS much, my mind has been extremely focused on CS. Here are several of my recent purchases (and splurges). I'll post more about each one once I begin the setting process, which will probably be 2018 at the earliest. I'm excited to share these with you! :)

1. Afghan tourmaline
3.93cts, 8.98 x 8.98mm
Faceted by Jeff White
*Received

1.45cts, 7.15 x 7.15mm
Faceted by Jeff White

2.42cts, 6.6mm x 8mm
1.42tcw, 4.7mm
*En route

4. Cobalt spinels
.65ct and .55ct

5. Pink spinels
5.25mm and 4mm (I already have a design for this ring - been waiting for the perfect pair of stones)
Faceted by Ryan Quantz
*Received

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Wow, just wow! Those are amazingly beautiful! Jeff White impresses me every time with his eye for stunning color and the elegant cuts he chooses for each stone.

The tourmalines are show stoppingly beautiful to me. I'll be curious as to whether you think the round, 3.93 ct (thats huge, btw!) tourm comes at all close in intensity and glow to the 1.45 ct Nigerian cuprian. Its hard to tell from your photos, but it sure looks like the gorgeous round may be great competition for the copper bearing tourm. Gah, I LOVE THEM BOTH!!

SL: your eye for color and excellent stones is impressive. :))

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock

Gorgeous stones SparkliesLover! :love: We have similar taste as I am currently expecting a pink sapphire and also just got a pretty cornflower blue sapphire duo. Your cobalt spinel duo looks grogeous! :clap: I bought a small .28 cobalt spinel last year and while I would love to find more, I don't think I'll ever spend that much on one stone again! There are just too many pretties to be had!!! :lol:

In the same boat as you though, I think I need to wait to set...

SparkliesLuver|1489068387|4138367 said:

1. Afghan tourmaline
3.93cts, 8.98 x 8.98mm
Faceted by Jeff White
*Received

1.45cts, 7.15 x 7.15mm
Faceted by Jeff White

2.42cts, 6.6mm x 8mm
1.42tcw, 4.7mm
*En route

4. Cobalt spinels
.65ct and .55ct

5. Pink spinels
Faceted by Ryan Quantz
*Received

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results