shape
carat
color
clarity

A few new gems

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Nice stones!

That pad could really look interesting in a rose gold bezel (maybe with a satin finish), as I don''t see a point in trying to make silky stone sparkle. It would sure bring out the color and make for a bit of an unusual piece.

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Those are lovely! That blue is gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 8:32:04 PM
Author: Fly Girl
Beautiful stones, Kismet. I love the new blue sapphire and the green tourmaline. The colors are gorgeous!!
30.gif

Any setting plans?

I think I want to set the pad east-west in a ring but beyond that no clue at all.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 9:36:56 PM
Author: litebrite
Wow, your stones are lovely and congrats on the free stones. How do you get free stones?

Well, the pink/green tourmaline was because I didn''t try to low ball him on the pad sapphire. He offered me a fairly significant discount on that stone anyway so I didn''t see any point in trying counter with something lower. No clue why Gemline sent me a freebie. I''ve only ordered from them twice before and one stone I returned so it''s not like I''m a really steady customer.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 10:33:03 PM
Author: onvacation
Loving the green tourmaline and the bluuuue sapphire! Amazing color - your eternity is absolutely beautiful too! Any plans for the stones?

No plans yet, other than a vague idea for an east-west ring for the pad sapphire. Thanks! I had Brian Gavin Diamonds make that ring for me relatively recently.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 11:01:19 PM
Author: szh07
Are they a wholesale only company?

I''m not a reseller and they sold to me. :) I''m sure they both deal with the trade as well, but I think the websites are for the general public.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2009 2:54:43 AM
Author: ma re
Nice stones!

That pad could really look interesting in a rose gold bezel (maybe with a satin finish), as I don''t see a point in trying to make silky stone sparkle. It would sure bring out the color and make for a bit of an unusual piece.

That''s a good idea. I''ll have to look at it next to my rose gold rings.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love all your new stones but I especially love that sapphire! The color is just gorgeous!!!!!
3.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
And of course, I love that pad! I can''t believe I forgot to mention that!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I just noticed that little demantoid! Its gorgeous!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphire is unbelievable! Truly! I''d set the pad in rose gold too, as Ma Re suggested. The tourmaline and demantoid aren''t too bad either. You''ve been a very busy bee.
31.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And in some surprise news, I''ll be receiving another gem in a few days. Ever since I wasn''t fast enough to beat out Mochi on that chrysoberyl asscher I''ve been on the hunt for one of my own. 6 months later, Peter Torraca finally tracked one down for me! He''s sending it out today so I should be getting it in a few days.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I picked up the chrysoberyl asscher this morning and it's gorgeous! Outside it looks almost pure yellow; inside it has a hint of green.

Peter asked me not to post his picture until I purchased it. But since you'll have to pry this out of my cold, dead hands to get it away from me, I'll post his pictures now.

ETA: This picture makes it look a bit washed out but it isn't at all.

RD_chryso_1.97_sm.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
On Peter''s hand under his desktop Ott light.

RD_chryso_1.97_hand_sm.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I expect you are going to see a lot of asscher envy here soon.
2.gif

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
It''s lemonade yellow! (Not the fake powdered stuff either.) Yums!

What kind of setting and WG or YG? I could see it in a WG bezel like LaurenTP''s scapolite.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Chrono. :)

litebrite: I''m undecided as to design yet; maybe a James Meyer setting or maybe something not bezeled at all. I''ve been playing with this at work a bit and I''m thinking maybe white gold is the way to go. The stone disappears a bit into the yellow gold.

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
That''s what I would think - it''s lighter in tone than YG. The other setting I was thinking of was Sally''s new setting for the aqua.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And now for a few of my pictures. These were taken outside in weak-ish sunlight.

kiz-chryasscher1.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
This one is shaded to show off the windmills.

kiz-chryasscher2.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
On my hand.

kiz-chryasscher3.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Close up!

kiz-chryasscher4.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
At a distance.

kiz-chryasscher8.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Reflecting green.

kiz-chryasscher9.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Upside down.

kiz-chryasscher10.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Next to white gold (18k I think).

kiz-chryasscher5.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Next to non-rhodium plated white gold.

kiz-chryasscher6.jpg

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
And finally, next to yellow gold (it''s stamped either 18k or 10k... I can''t read the tiny stamp).

kiz-chryasscher7.jpg

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kismet - I haven''t been following this thread for awhile, so imagine my surprise to see this asscher! I have a fondness for chrysoberyls, too. I''m gonna have to get myself a cup of tea and settle in for some catch-up reading here.
9.gif

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
yay! they''re all so yummy! my eyes are nice and full with that eye candy- thanks!
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results